News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Carro The Corrupted Claw

Started by Ezuriel the Moth, February 28, 2020, 06:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezuriel the Moth

“An explosion shook the inn. Again. The innkeeper stormed to the door of one of the rooms, the first one in the hall, within earshot of all of the customers.

'Good Lady above! Carro, can’t you take that shite someplace else??? The rest of us are trying ta-- by Emjir!' When he opened the door to the room, black smoke billowed out, making everyone cough. Then, Carro stepped out.

'Sorry! Sorry… Really thought it would be stable enough that time. Sorry, everyone!' The mage came into view as they magicked the windows open, sucking out the smoke. They were androgynous, slender and diminutive. Black hair fell about their face just so. Their left arm and shoulder was completely black with Corruption.

That’s what they did for a living: they tried to weaponize the darkness that ate at everyone else like a plague, as well as cause trouble for everyone they touched. They refused to cure themselves. No, they simply allowed it to exist on their arm, leaching their lifeforce. They only kept it from spreading with their own brew.

'Well? Keep eating. A little smoke never hurt-- oh, would you look at that?' They picked up a blackened steak from a nearby plate. 'This wasn’t like that when you got it, was it?' They asked.

The patron only glared.

'Look, Carro, ye can’t keep doing this! Why don’t you do these… experiments at home?' The innkeeper pleaded.

'Because the Rot got to me floorboards. Could fall through the earth at any moment.'

The innkeeper simply looked at them, incredulous. He had the look on his face as if he was trying to tell them off, but he was just so astounded by their last retort that he couldn’t find the words. That was probably exactly the case. 'Carro… Nobody wants you here. Your magic is dangerous--'

'You’re damn right it is!' Carro suddenly snarled, raising their left arm high and bringing it down, their long, dead talons slicing the very air! Black smoke poured from the tear, choking everything in black Tar.” Your mother closed the book with a decisive thump, looking upon you and your little sister, Elda. You glanced at Elda, who was curled up on the bed with the blanket to her chin, looking terrified. “And still they say, that Carro lives in the woods, ready to snatch naughty children with their Black Hand!”

“M-mama, th-that’s not real, i-is it?” She stammered.

You rolled your eyes. “Of course not! It’s just a way to get the children to bed on time.”

“Very well, next time you’re out after dark, watch for them.” Your mother said in jest. Elda gasped when thunder clapped outside. She hid under the blanket. “Stay safe, loves.” your mother said. “Goodnight.”

“G’night, Ma.” You rolled over in your bed.

“C-can you leave the candle, mama?” Elda grabbed at Mother’s sleeve.

She chuckled, leaving the candlestick on the dresser. “Of course, Elda. Sleep well.”

You rolled your eyes yet again. How can she sleep well when her head had just been filled with terrifying tall tales? You weren’t scared. Corruption was real, sure, but it was a rare plague, and no one could control it like that story. No, you weren’t scared at all. You closed your eyes, trying to sleep.

It seemed like only a moment later that Elda was shaking you awake. “(Your Name)! (Your Name), please, I heard something!”

“Elda, go to sleep. You’re just scared from that story.” You groaned, trying to roll away from her.

“Please! I mean it, I heard something!” As if to answer her, there was a crash from the hall. You bolted upright. Someone was here. You got up and went to the chest at the foot of your bed. Your father allowed you to own a knife in case of just such an occasion. You held it before you, opening the door of your room slowly, silently, praying that the wood wouldn’t creak.

To your relief it didn’t. In the hall, was a dark figure, holding a statuette. Lightning flashed, revealing their features. Their entire left arm was black, as well as the shoulder and a bit of the neck.

“It’s Carro!” Elda hid behind you. The figure’s head snapped to look at you both.

“Elda, go hide.” You commanded. You adjusted your grip on the knife. You stood tall. You weren’t afraid.

“You know me, child?” Carro laughed. Their Corrupted arm was limp at their side.

“I know you don’t belong in my house!” You boldly said, brandishing the knife. They laughed again.

“That’s fair.” They said, setting the statuette down. “I only wanted to--”

Suddenly they whirled around, only to see Elda and your parents. Your father had his longsword at the ready.

“Get out of here, now! You are not welcome!” Your father said.

Carro whirled around, their Black Hand slicing through the air. The force of the tear opening beside them blew them into the small table upon which the statuette was resting. Then, came a great wind, and a claw reaching from the maw. It grabbed you, yanking you from your feet and pulling you within. The last thing you saw was Carro following you in.
Ta! Come visit again! OR I'LL PLUCK OUT YER EYES!!

~{They/them pronouns}~