The Syndicate [Paranormal/Noir/Modern] - [Recruitment Thread - Need Females!]

Started by TheBlackThrone, May 19, 2018, 12:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honeycrisp

Thank you for all the hard work and the updates.  It's tremendously wonderful!

Arcanist

Well all done. Welcome any feedback you may have for my Siren - Lucia Laurent

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Lucia Laurent
Agent of the Syndicate
Nickname: Nightingale
Race: Siren
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 134 pounds
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Face Claim: Digital Picture of Jennifer Connelly from Dark City

Description:
Lucia is almost ethereal in look, her long black tresses, exotic features and captivating blue eyes seems to easily draw eyes towards her, both males and females. However, when asked to describe what she looked like, they are unable to give a truely accurate description of her, as it is coloured with descriptions of what their ideal vision of a woman would looks. Quite tall for a French woman during the early 1900s, she is quite shapely. However, her body is naturally quite toned despite her build. Then again, she is not even French.

Personality:
Lucia like many performers have different masks. When on stage, she is charismatic, sensual and expressive. She has her audience eating out of her hand. During her work with the Syndicate, she has been known to take up different roles that would call upon her use of her acting abilities. She takes on the traits, personalities, and mannerisms of the characters that she wishes to portray.

However, the true Lucia, the one that her teammates and close friends know is an introvert. Confident and intelligent, she takes her time to process all the information available before presenting her case. She checks the facts of a situation or at least finds out as much as she can before commenting or deciding on a course of action. Spontaneous she is not. She is after all, not one for impulsive decisions.

She disagrees with wanton destruction or violence. Although not a pacifist, she prefers to complete the job with the least amount of collateral damage. She sees herself more as support for her team, getting the intel that they need rather than going in with guns blazing.

Background:
Lucia was left as a baby on the doorsteps of a church in a small provincial French Fishing Town, near the French Rivera that does not exist anymore. As there was no orphanage in the town, she was taken in by the Priest and the nun there. She was lucky in that sense as she was the only one in the village that was given a proper classical education and was taught English, French, Italian and Latin. Her true talent was made obvious when she was old enough to sing during the mass conducted on weekends. Soon, taking over the nun in the singing and drawing people From other villages who heard about her angelic voice.

For 18 years she lived in the spare room of the Priest’s abode and cared for him as he grew old. Taking over the duties of the nun as she soon retired and returned to her nunnery. Retiring to Paris, the Priest’s home, he accompanied him there and stayed with him until he passed two years later. During all this time, there were rumors of war and times were hard. She found a job singing in a club, the owners of the club reluctant at first because of her shyness and timid personality, finally giving her a chance, she supersedes all their expectations with her voice. Her voice versatile, able to sing the jazz and swing popular during that time, she could also sing in French, English, and Italian.

Then the Second World War started, and soon the Germans moved in to occupy Paris. The club she worked at taken over by the Germans. Life became hard, and she was constantly harassed but the Germans. She also learned German quickly being very proficient in a short amount of time.

She was noticed by the German Officer in charge of the area who used the club as his “base” and was forced to keep him company for the night. He was not very polite with her but before he could have his way with her, she ordered him to stop, and he did. At first, confused over the incident, she became the officer’s “mistress” but secretly experimenting on him and some of his soldiers. She found she could hypnotise them effortlessly and as long as they were not distracted, they would do her bidding.

She joined the resistance given her dislike of the Germans and helped as much as she could. Feeding the resistance and allies with information and at times using her abilities to help downed pilots, allied soldiers and other enemies of the Germans escape Paris. She proved very resourceful to the Allies and gained a reputation. Her position also made her and unlikely candidate for a spy and was never suspected.

Arthur Hardley at this time was setting up the precursor to the Syndicate and heard rumors of her abilities. Suspecting that she is not completely human, decided to meet with her and brought her into the fold. She was instrumental in much of intelligence gathering of the organization over the following years. This included intercepting intelligence about the bound demon, Felisja Piana. One of the members of the assault team, she was there when the demon was freed. Since that day, she counts Candy as one of her close friends.

She may not always be in the field but was always behind the scenes gathering and compiling data. She has taken to the evolution of technology and has become an expert in signals and communications. A dramatic improvement to the old radios and encryption devices that filled a room.

Weapon(s): She has no personal ownership of weapons. However as an operative of the Syndicate, she is a well versed the the weapons used by them and can draw weapons best suited for the job, including magical weapons and ammunition.

Skills:
Singing and Performance Arts - She is a professional singer with more than 80 years experience. Preferring jazz, she has dabbled in the different genre including Opera, Classical, R&B and Pop. She has also since then, picked up Acting and Dancing. The only reason why she has not sung professionally is the fact that it would be hard explaining why she continually stayed looking like a 21 year old.

Polygot: She speaks English, French, German, Latin and Italian Fluently. She also has more than a passing knowledge of Spanish and Russian.

Tradecraft: Having worked as a spy at the height of the Second World War. She is trained in conducting surveillance, interrogation techniques, evade and escape, covert communications and the like. Her knowledge and practice has been kept up to date with the Syndicate’s resources.

Signal and Communications: During the Second World War, Lucia found that she had a talent with signal and communications. Perhaps it was her ability perfect pitch, but she was very good at picking up communications from the Germans. Her ability with languages also helped. Her skills have evolved with time and is an expert in communication surveillance, such phone tapping, hacking, trolling the net for information and the compilation of said information, ELINT, Jamming, general communications, interpretation of satellite feeds, etc

Weaknesses:
Siren’s Song (Language Dependent): Her ability to give commands is language dependent. In theory, she could even command a dog is it understood “English Commands”

Siren’s Song sonic in nature: She can only affect those who can hear her.

Siren’s Song – (Only affecting men) Like the siren’s of old. Her call only affects men. Women and children are not affected. However, there have been some exceptions, possibly due to sexual preferences.

Siren’s Song (Living sentient creatures only) – In this case, sentient living creatures covers all creatures having a heart beat or having blood circulating. Hence will affect humans, werewolves, fae, wizard, etc, but not vampires, undead, full blooded demons and Angels, or magically created creatures like Golems.

Power(s):
Siren’s Song – is a charm effect, enabling her to hypnotise those who hear her call. Her “victims” would do her bidding unless awakened (such as being attacked or “woken” by a loud noise such as a flashbang – Please refer to weakness for more limitations)

Limited Immortality – Lucia does not age and does not get sick. She is resistant to most poisons and hardier than most. However, this does not make her invulnerable.

Shapeshift - Like the Siren’s of old, Lucia can turn into a bird of prey, in her case, an Eleonora’s Falcon, a coastal bird of prey

Naturally Alluring - Like the legends of the Siren, There is a quality about her to makes her more alluring and desirable, causing those attracted to her to want to protect and please her.
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

Timeless

>__> I shouldn't do this but.. *plants interest flag*

I'm thinking to make a male Warlock. Faceclaim will be Tony Thornburg. >3>

Honeycrisp

Quote from: Arcanist on May 22, 2018, 11:13:07 AM
Well all done. Welcome any feedback you may have for my Siren - Lucia Laurent
I like how you thought about how her being unaging would affect her career and cause her to have to stay discrete about it.

Quote from: Timeless on May 22, 2018, 12:16:34 PM
>__> I shouldn't do this but.. *plants interest flag*

I'm thinking to make a male Warlock. Faceclaim will be Tony Thornburg. >3>
Why not?  You should.  Did you not see the brownies offered earlier?

TheBlackThrone

@Arcanist: She is approved.  :-)

@Timeless: Can't wait to see what you whip up.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

TheBlackThrone

We just started the IC events. This game is always open to more participants. While I would like there to be more male characters, I do not want anyone feeling like they are obligated to play a male character if they normally do not play one. I would like for people to make characters they are comfortable with and can grow to love. If you like the paranormal and noir stuff, then give this game a shot.  :-)
The gates are open

Hob

Possible character concept: shy human male researcher/librarian with effectively no combat or magical skills. But he knows a lot about folklore...

Eva

This looks like fun and I've been dying to be in a group RP I am not the GM of, so I'm planting my flag now.  I'm going to start concocting a character soon, as I have no set ideas just yet, I thought I'd ask if you had any niches that needed filling? Not just in regards to race/species but in regards to role within the organization, If so I'll point my lens in that direction.

Honeycrisp

Quote from: Justric on May 27, 2018, 08:17:59 PM
Possible character concept: shy human male researcher/librarian with effectively no combat or magical skills. But he knows a lot about folklore...
A cute shy boy for us to flirt with, tease, and then make happy?  Yes, please. 

Quote from: Eva on May 27, 2018, 08:20:36 PM
This looks like fun and I've been dying to be in a group RP I am not the GM of, so I'm planting my flag now.  I'm going to start concocting a character soon, as I have no set ideas just yet, I thought I'd ask if you had any niches that needed filling? Not just in regards to race/species but in regards to role within the organization, If so I'll point my lens in that direction.
i don't but I'm happy to see you're interested!  Please do follow through and join us.

Eva

Justric and I were toying with the idea of playing brothers (I lured him here by waving this thread in front of him).  So I just need to play catch up with my writing and come up with an idea I want to play to pair with his.

Arcanist

Well like TheBlackThrone said, play something that you would love to play.

That was what I created. Something that I wanted to play. That way your also have a vested interest in him/her. Makes for a better roleplay I believe.

Hope to meet the brothers real soon.
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

Eva

Oh I have every intention of playing a character I love.  I always do. I was simply asking to try to fill in gaps and be helpful if such was needed.  I would take what was offered and form a character I was happy with around that.  I promise you I am a very versatile writer. 

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Eva

A quick question for you. We are currently working on our characters who will be bothers.  We've both found images we like, but cannot find out who they are.  I've used google image and tin-eye on the images and we've got no names for these gentlemen.  Also, I typically avoid using people's images who are recognizable to me so that is adding to my difficulty in finding images and "face claims"  Is this a sticking point? 

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Eva on May 28, 2018, 09:01:15 AM
A quick question for you. We are currently working on our characters who will be bothers.  We've both found images we like, but cannot find out who they are.  I've used google image and tin-eye on the images and we've got no names for these gentlemen.  Also, I typically avoid using people's images who are recognizable to me so that is adding to my difficulty in finding images and "face claims"  Is this a sticking point?

No. It's not all that important. I just ask people not to use Anime. I don't have anything against Anime. It's just for the feel of this game, I do not want anime images to be used because this isn't an anime-themed game. So people are free to use pics or not use pics at all. I have used a Stock Photo for my character James along with the face claim so I don't see your nameless face claims being a problem.

Quote from: Sirian Eve on May 28, 2018, 10:03:15 AM
I'm seriously thinking about playing a male mythic.

Awesome.
The gates are open

Sirian Eve

What would you consider a mythic? Could they be half-human and the other half dragon?

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Sirian Eve on May 28, 2018, 02:36:30 PM
What would consider a mythic? Could they be half-human and the other half dragon?

In the Character Thread, Arcanist made the character "Siren" based off the mythological creature. You can do something similar with a full dragon or you can do half-human half-mythic.
The gates are open

Juggtacular

Juggtacular

Name: Decimus - The First One - King of Dragons [Goes by Declan King ]
Nickname: Decker, Drake, Krum(short for Curmudgeon), First, Deathwing
Race: Ancient Dragon
Height: Variable(usually around 6'6 in his human form) | Very Tall in dragon form
Weight: Variable(Roughly 400lbs human) | Several Tons in dragon form
Hair Color: Usually black
Eye Color: Gold normally, but he uses regular colors to appear more human

Description:

Human Form - Despite Decimus' magics allowing him to assume the form of practically anything else, he has a preferred human form that everyone knows him as. Normally he appears as a handsome black man in his thirties, about 6'6 and very well muscled. He has sharp features, pearly white teeth, and intense eyes. He also tends to keep a full beard(and he usually trims it). His hair has changed over the years, but he's very fond of dreadlocks and has had them for a while. From his neck down to the ends of his wrists and ankles, his skin is covered in ancient symbols that appear as tattoos.

Dragon Form - Decimus' natural form is that of a massive dragon, spanning easily 60 feet or longer and being almost as tall. It's no exaggeration to say he is the size of several houses. His scales are a vibrant golden hue and glitter in the sunlight. His eyes are an orangeish-gold that matches his hide, and his teeth are like swords. He has a simply enormous wingspan and a spiked tail a portion of the length of his body. Not many in the Syndicate have seen his true form, as he rarely has need to use it around anyone.

Personality: Decimus is ancient beyond comprehension and has seen more than mortal eyes may ever peer upon. His brain chemistry and how he thinks acts, feels...it is a simply different process. He takes action after he has thought upon it, and has decided good or bad, for the near and far future. Not before.

He judges people on merit, as well as word and character. It's easy to say something, but hard to back it up. He doesn't try to force his views and will upon others, simply inform them of his own and try to make them see his opinion. If they choose differently, so be it. He values honor and decency above all, as they were the only thing that kept Dragonkin and the Humans from war in the past. While not a taskmaster, he is strict and if you are his student/protege/apprentice/underling/etc..., he expects discipline and obedience unless you can give him a good reason why you shouldn't follow his commands.

As he has been alive for so long, Declan has an untold amount of experience and likes to drop nuggets of wisdom when he can, but will never stop someone from growing with his own interference. People are made better if they have to struggle to succeed; he's seen it countless times over the centuries.

Background: Decimus is known as Decimus, the First One as he is believed to be the first dragon to emerge into this world, as well as the first to establish contact with humans. Due to his power and influence, as the Dragon race began to grow and flourish, he was named Dragon King, and given the honor and duty to protect his kind from all harm. And so he did, battling ferociously against the other races who wanted to kill Dragons for their scales, their teeth, their bones...even their very magic.

And while the dragonkin were powerful, they were few in comparison to the scores the other races called populations. There was a natural balance to things, and Decimus aimed to keep it that way. However, the human race was just as determined to subjugate dragon kind to their will. After a terrible battle that saw countless dead on both sides, the general of the human forces betrayed his King and slew him. Then he rode right up to Decimus and threw the King's head at his feet. He knew of the King's evil and how it was costing his people, so he decided to put a stop to the fighting.

Decimus was a creature of honor, and when the general threw his sword to the ground near the King's head, he could read his heart and see the sincerity. He ordered the dragons to stop fighting and the general ordered the humans to do the same. That day, a pact was created between humans and dragons. The hostilities would cease, and instead, peace would exist between them. Peace and mutual gain. To make the pact truly worth something, Decimus even offered to bind his very soul to the contract, offering his aid to humanity should they need it as long as the peace remains between dragons and humans.

The first time his help was needed was when Merlin and Arthur battled Morgan Le Fay and her dark magics threatened to end the world. Decimus supplied the raw power to forge Excalibur, while Nimue shaped the holy blade. Using such a large amount of energy weakened him however, and he slumbered for hundreds of years until he was needed again. As the world had progressed however, many of the dragons had found hidden places in the world to live, and most humans forgot they even existed.

A few remained who did however, and it was one such human who found a way to awaken him...right around WW2. With Hitler's massive war machine, and growing knowledge of the occult, it was only a matter of time before he decimated humanity and ruled the world with an iron fist. Art Hadley was the one who found him and revived him from his hibernation. He told him about the state of the world, and had the very contract he'd first signed so many ages ago.

He asked for Decimus' help, and he complied. He would become one of the first members of the Syndicate, and was instrumental in helping stop the Nazi's once and for all. After the war, he decided a good way to help keep humanity safe was to actively guard it. His people were all in their own slumber or alcoves hidden where they couldn't be found, so they didn't need his protection. Besides, he'd been asleep for hundreds of years. Maybe it was time to live a little? He's been an active Syndicate agent since the organization continued after the end of WW2.

Weapon(s):

Fang - A legendary black longsword sword made from the tooth of one of Decimus' oldest friends who was slain in battle long ago. It is indestructible, never dulls, and is able to channel energy through it's blade. When not in use, it appears to be a necklace with a tiny version of Fang as the jewel piece.

XyberCore Auto - .45 - This weapon is a .45 pistol with a 20 round clip and the capability to switch between single-shot, burst, and fully-automatic fire rates. Decimus usually keeps a few variations of ammo ready for different situations.

Skills:

Combat Mastery - Having been alive for centuries upon centuries, and having fought for large amounts of time throughout each, Decimus has seen more than his fair share of battle. He has fought as man and beast, and has learned from swordsmen, martial artists, archers, and all manner of fighter large and small, mortal and mystical across the world. If there's one thing he knows how to do, it's fight.

Wisdom - Decimus is extremely old, which means he has lived through much and experienced even more. He has dealt with so many situations that he has a vast store of wisdom and experience that help him in his everyday life and those around him as well. He's often looked to for advice and strategy.

Regal - Despite working "for"(more like closely with hand in hand) the Syndicate, Decimus is still the King of Dragons. He doesn't act like it much and doesn't like to remind people, but he has no issue acting with the full authority his title grants him if it will accomplish his goals.

Negotiation - As skilled as he is in battle, Decimus is just as talented when it comes to the opposite. He knows how to talk to people and creature alike. He knows how to listen and how to get them to listen to one another. While it is true he has left scores on the field of battle, he has similarly removed battlefields entirely by brokering peace between nations and races.

Weaknesses:

Soul-Binding Contract - The magic used to bind his soul to the contract pledging to protect humanity is powered by the ancient, primordial magics that flow deep through the leylines of the world. It is absolute and unbreakable. Should Decimus betray his pact in any way, his life would be forfeit.

Loneliness - A being who is thousands of years old is a very lonely individual, as the "thousands of years" part usually means they've outlived several lifetimes of loved ones. Despite his fascination and love for humans and all other races, Decimus has become somewhat distant as he knows his friends, new family, loved ones of today will one day simply...die. Sometimes this fact overtakes Decimus with bouts of melancholy and depression.

Hunger - Despite his ability to become human, Decimus is and will always be a dragon. As such, he has an appetite to match. Whenever he eats, it costs anywhere between hundreds to thousands of dollars and can take several hours to fill his stomach. The new recruits sometimes like to watch him whittle away at an entire table packed 5 plates high like he's eating a Ceasar Salad. Should he become truly hungry, he gets lethargic and is far less powerful due to his body not having the energy it needs to work at full capacity.

Rage - A great shame of Decimus' is that he was not always as he is now. As one of if not the first Dragon to exist, he is an ancient, instinctual, and primal being. And long, long ago, he full embraced the savagery within. It took time for him to temper his heart and mind. The issue, however, is that even though he has learned to control himself, it hasn't erased what he is on the inside. There have been times, and there will be again when the anger and instinct within him boil to the surface. At times like these, it is best to run and let him burn himself out unless someone he deeply trusts or cares about is around to snap him out of it(like Art or Bill)

Power(s):

Shapeshifting - A great gift of the Dragons is the ability to fully alter their form. Most Dragons can turn into a set human form and back again; a representation of themselves as a human. However, some like Decimus can do more. He can look like anyone, of any race or species, however, he does not replicate race-specific abilities like a Vampire's ability to use glamours. He can still fly in other forms, he just sprouts wings from whatever sort of back he has.

Ancient Dragon Magic - All Dragons possess the gift of magic, although it's power has waned over the course of history. Being one of the first, Decimus can wield the ancient magics for all manner of uses. However, even the ancient powers have limits and each Dragon can only shine in certain areas. Transmutation, Elemental Control, Healing, and "Beholder" the ability to know the truth of whatever lies before him(Used to dispel illusions, see through lies, etc...). He can also do the mundane like making a lock open or sensing magic in the area.

Dragon - As Decimus is actually a massive dragon, he is as strong, tough, and physically powerful as his body would lead you to believe. People tend to assume he uses some form of magic to increase his strength and speed in his human form, however, the truth is he still possesses all of his might in any of his forms and has learned to control his strength over the centuries.

Bestowal - Due to the massive amount of magic flowing through his veins, Decimus can lend others his power temporarily. This grants them enhanced physical abilities, as well as hard, armor-like scales, claws and the ability to breathe fire. The longest someone can be altered is a few minutes before the strain becomes too much and the power has to be taken back. [Two Turns]