no title really just a concept i came up with

Started by alexis223, December 31, 2009, 12:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexis223

If anybody would like to join feel free..

As her bright blue eyes started to open Elizabeth tried making sense of the blurry mess around her. The unfamiliar room, machines, and smell started to worry her. She turned her head towards the wall trying to make out the small shapes covering it as her conscious slowly shifted in and out... Closing her eyes for a moment trying to remember what the last thing that happened was a small single tear rolled down her soft cheek. She didn't completely understand why ,but felt there was something terribly wrong as she drifted out of consciousness.

Upon waking her eyes opened staring at the wall once again, she thought to herself "Bluebirds what a weird wallpaper..." Trying to sit up took almost every last ounce of energy she had. Her throat dry and the room empty she tried to stand ,but was met with an unexpected feeling. Almost weightless she looked down at her legs willing them to move with no response. The tears welling up inside her a sudden rage spilling out Elizabeth started screaming smashing  her fists against the once lithe legs trying to gain some response. A young nurse heard the  pandemonium ,and ran into the room wrapping her arms around Elizabeth in an attempt to calm her anguish. Elizabeth fell her arms fall crying into the young nurse's shoulder she stared at the wall noticing the Bluebirds on the wallpaper and she hated it.

angeli

Todd was rolling down the hallway on his way to visit his therapist. He had been going for four months now, and it didn't seem to help. But Todd never liked giving up, so he was sticking with his workout regimen for the next two months. The piercing sound of screaming caught his ear, and he saw a young nurse run from the charge station into a room nearby.

As he passed by in his wheelchair, he saw a young girl inside sobbing into the nurse's arms. "Poor thing," he murmured. But he hurried past without stopping, already running a bit late for his appointment with his physical therapist.

I want your love and I want your revenge
You and me I could write a bad romance

ONs & OFFs
Apologies & Absences [09.25.2014]

Tyra Wadman

Checking his watch, Geret frowned. Smoothing back his unkempt brown hair he looked over the others in line wondering...waiting... He bit his fingers anxiously pondering over the safety of his girlfriend. He fidgeted. Paced. He refused to leave. It was already aiming for midnight, he could care less if he ever slept again, he had to know she was safe.
A state of shock built.
Sliding his back against the wall he curled up into a ball, at first biting the blue sleeves of his sweater, and then his own fingers, locking his teeth tightly around them, as if it kept his entire bottom glued to the ground. His entire body began to tremble, his heart beating an olympic marathon.
She's dead... She's gone...
No she has to be alive!

Oh what to believe!
A hint of reality pricked him in the side as tears streamed down his cheeks, "Why?! Why not me?!" He exclaimed in front of the crowd. But no one turned their head even once.

Tyra Wadman

It wasn't too much longer before the doctor reappeared, even catching a glimpse of a nurse darting into another room. What?! D-Did she just leave her?! The surgeon soon stepped out and slipped down his mask. A frown- as he shook his head.
Geret bit down on his fingers harder, drawing blood as he was overwhelmed with disbelief.
It's just a dream.
A nightmare!

But no matter what he told himself the feelings never went away. His mind grew hazy, his stomach sick. Pale and weary he finally let go, spewing out his lunch and what could have possibly been for dinner... had he not messed up... The male passed out in his own vomit, his pale blue eyes rolling into the back of his head.
I never got to tell her...
[Black out]

Shia

...Somebody leaning above him... A female's kind but urging voice... A couple of soft slaps on his face as a cool palm presses against his forehead - surely to bring him back. Back from the arms of generous unconsciousness...
"Sir, can you hear me? Open your eyes if you can, please.. Come on.. Open your eyes, please...

Shia

Quote from: angeli on January 01, 2010, 02:29:50 PM
Todd was rolling down the hallway on his way to visit his therapist. He had been going for four months now, and it didn't seem to help. But Todd never liked giving up, so he was sticking with his workout regimen for the next two months. The piercing sound of screaming caught his ear, and he saw a young nurse run from the charge station into a room nearby.

As he passed by in his wheelchair, he saw a young girl inside sobbing into the nurse's arms. "Poor thing," he murmured. But he hurried past without stopping, already running a bit late for his appointment with his physical therapist.

"Todd. Hey! Here comes my person." She welcomed him with a wide smile as he pushed himself into the room which rather reminded of a gym then any place inside of a hospital.
This kind woman who could be in her mid 30s was tall and thin like those ladders against the wall behind her, her moves slow and harmonic, almost ethereal, still there was something very earthly, very cheerful in her whole being. Maybe she looked like an angel with her clear blue eyes and large, curly golden-brown hair, yes, but still she was so 'equal' with all the people she tried to help.

And he was definitely one of her favourites. A fighter, just like herself.
Carefully doctor Violetta Jones -who left her blossoming orthopedic carrier for her current job- helped him out of the chair once he stopped and fixed it, and they moved down onto the thin mattress that was the usual scene of their work.
"How do you feel today, buddy?.. Any sensation here or there?..." - Lettie began a friendly conversation while her hands were already busy with warming his motionless muscles, preparing them for the training, lifts and turnings and stretchings.
It was more than important to keep them in good shape and in use, even if it was a moving indicated by another person. Lettie was happy Todd perfectly understood why they were struggling here, throughout the long row of seemingly boring and very similar exercises - he had to be patient while she reached every inch and then there were those tasks that required his strength and toughness, some of them really unpleasant if not painful.
Violetta was married and recently her belly seemed to turn into something more emphatic under her pinkish scrubs but nobody spoke about it, not even Lettie herself...

Tyra Wadman

Even unconcious Geret was restless, "She...It's just a dream... It was just a dream..." He muttered horsely to himself.
His heart sank as his mind awoke to the depressing reality. Well he felt sad but he couldn't seem to find the tears to cry.
"Hm?" His vision was blurred. He rubbed his eye lids with his finger tips, lost in confusion. Where am I now? He still found it hard to see... Oh my god, did I go blind?!

Shia

"Just easy, son, no rush, stay still, relax..." - the elderly nurse soothed Geret, squeezing his shoulder as she handled him a paper kerchief to clean himself up a bit. "You just collapsed in the corridor.. I suppose.. you've got some really bad news...?"
They didn't rush to stand up, it would have been risky with such a low blood pressure like the one he had at the moment, taken by this helpful silvery head angel, who currently dressed as a hospital employee.

Tyra Wadman

Unintentionally he shrugged her sympathy away, "Yea..." his eyes narrowed, staring to the empty pale flooring just gripping the kerchief in his clenched fist.
His world was dead. As if the scenery around him just peeled he curled up into a ball...
I wish I could go back...
I just wanna go home and find her there...
This has to be some sort of dream...
It feels so unreal...

Shia

But those soft yet firm helping arms didn't let him alone and soon he found himself in a quiet room, on a comfortable bed, under a pleasantly warm blanket. Water was just within the reach of his arm and they promised a doctor will examine Geret as well, just to be sure he didn't carry any hidden injuries, nor suffering from post traumatic stress.
Blinds were lowered and the sharp city lights tamed down to only shining spots, traffic's sound numb, and soon night was wrapping around this building of tragedies and miracles massively...

Tyra Wadman

Against his will he calmed, his gaze empty as he watched the blank ceiling.
I don't need to be examined... He told himself.
"Thanks." He forced himself the word vomit. Why am I like this?!
He felt enraged. Lost. And so emotional yet so.. emotionless(?) at the same time...
I just wanna go back.

Shia

Sometimes a nurse checked on him while he was sleeping or just resting... Sometimes he could hear the sounds of rushing medical staff, the alarming voices filtering in from the corridor... And when morning lights welcomed him again, breaking through the lowered blinds, a young caretaker came to take his bloodpressure and also to take some blood for further analysis.
"Are you feeling better, sir?" - he asked and let in more of the new day, pulling in the curtains a bit however, to make Geret feel more comfortable and safe.

angeli

Quote from: Shia on January 11, 2010, 03:18:57 AM
"Todd. Hey! Here comes my person." She welcomed him with a wide smile as he pushed himself into the room which rather reminded of a gym then any place inside of a hospital.

This kind woman who could be in her mid 30s was tall and thin like those ladders against the wall behind her, her moves slow and harmonic, almost ethereal, still there was something very earthly, very cheerful in her whole being. Maybe she looked like an angel with her clear blue eyes and large, curly golden-brown hair, yes, but still she was so 'equal' with all the people she tried to help.

And he was definitely one of her favourites. A fighter, just like herself.
Carefully doctor Violetta Jones -who left her blossoming orthopedic carrier for her current job- helped him out of the chair once he stopped and fixed it, and they moved down onto the thin mattress that was the usual scene of their work.
"How do you feel today, buddy?.. Any sensation here or there?..." - Lettie began a friendly conversation while her hands were already busy with warming his motionless muscles, preparing them for the training, lifts and turnings and stretchings.
It was more than important to keep them in good shape and in use, even if it was a moving indicated by another person. Lettie was happy Todd perfectly understood why they were struggling here, throughout the long row of seemingly boring and very similar exercises - he had to be patient while she reached every inch and then there were those tasks that required his strength and toughness, some of them really unpleasant if not painful.
Violetta was married and recently her belly seemed to turn into something more emphatic under her pinkish scrubs but nobody spoke about it, not even Lettie herself...

OOC: Thanks for the PM, I didn't realize this was hopping along.. =)

"Hey, Doctor! Looking good!" Todd was cheerful and smiling as he rolled into the gym. He took a closer look at his doctor and realized that she did look good. She had a rosy glow to her as she warmed his muscles with her hands. Todd wished with a momentary flash of anger that he could feel her hands on his legs. But then he focused the anger, turned it into energy for the brutal session ahead.

They were slowly working their way to walking exercises, getting him prepared to take his first steps after his accident. He hadn't given up hope yet--not quite yet. But sometimes, after a particularly bad session, he could feel the anger brewing in his heart and the hoping fading fast.

Today, though, he was full of optimism. He knew, although he couldn't feel, that his legs were warmed up and Dr. Jones had thoroughly checked his muscles. "Are we gonna try walking today?" His blue eyes were large and hopeful, blond hair curling adorably over his forehead. If one didn't look at his legs, he looked just like he did six months ago--a carefree guy with the future ahead of him.

I want your love and I want your revenge
You and me I could write a bad romance

ONs & OFFs
Apologies & Absences [09.25.2014]

Tyra Wadman

"I guess so..." He tried to tune out the cacophony out in the halls...the citys streets... "Thanks." Right now he couldn't tell but his older self would have easily found optimistic reasons as to why he should.
Just kill me. the thought occured followed by the same stab he felt in his chest. It got a little harder to breathe as he fought back the reoccuring tears.
Just let me die...

[Sorry if I'm being too melodramatic but I can't think of much else to say.]

Shia

[OOC: Dear Trya, without you pointing into a direction how could I go on? :)) He's your character, after all.]

Tyra Wadman

[My apologies, but I don't think I'll be back at all. Things have been going on and I've lost all motivation. Sorry. Best of luck finding another to continue with though.]

Shia

[It's okay Tyra :) I'm sure you can find your land within this site or another, your people to write with, your stories to introduce... time and patience, I think. Plus: search ;)
*hugs*]