So, um...any suggestions?

Started by midnight diamond, December 06, 2010, 10:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnight diamond

So  I'm involved in a Yahoo groups RP, and for character bio's and rules and such we had been using Geocities, but we lost all our work when Yahoo (I think?) shut Geocities down. I'd like something that is really 'user-friendly,' free, and simple to use, because we are constantly adding to, updating and modifying stuff. Any suggestions would be more than welcome. Thanks!

Trieste

Google docs! :)

docs.google.com - I don't even think you need a gmail account, and even if you do gmail is free, so...

midnight diamond

Ooh! Thanks, Trie, I'll check it out! ^.^

Edit: After checking it out, it's not quite what I had in mind. I'd like a more website-looking type thing. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Trieste

Lyseni

I've seen a lot of people use webs.com for things like that. Maybe that's more up your alley. ^^

Blitzy

One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Lilias

There's always GoogleSites, as well as WordPress; the latter is mostly a blogging platform, but it's very highly customisable.

Otherwise, you can grab yourself a free website on Wix or Weebly.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

ShamshielDF

I would suggest perhaps wikia.  It is a wiki system that is free and uses the standard wikimedia engine.
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

midnight diamond

Thanks for all your help, everyone. ^.^ I've picked a site I like, so I'll be locking the thread.