-Closed-

Started by kasper, July 31, 2013, 02:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasper

Alright Drake. Rose and I have discussed this I'm honestly not too keen on any characters having wolves at their disposal- I was actually hesitant allowing Chreestafer to have just one. So, characters may have wolves (or any dangerous pet) but at this expense: if one of your character's wolves (other dangerous pet) attacks/threatens any other player's character, then that character may seriously wound or kill said wolf (dangerous pet). We feel this is fair.

As for your character, we're concerned that he has too many unique qualities to the point of being a bit overdone however, if you make sure to keep things in check so he doesn't come across as too skilled, then we'll accept the character. And we do appreciate the mention of flaws which is reason we feel we can accept you, since it seems you understand that concern. We just like to make disclaimers.

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

Drake Valentine

On cell, excuse typos  I will also try to address things, sentence-y.

Wolves.
That is fine. Also I doubt they would accompany him in town(s), I would imagine someone waltzing around with pack intimidating/dangerous. Out in wild is another matter entirely.

Skills.
What is this too skilled you speak of? I figured I balanced him out with talents and lack of. I can always add additional flaws if he seems too 'OP/talented.'

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

kasper

It isn't one skill in particular but the various skills. Strange fighting style, keen memory and err he commands a pack of wolves. Plus the hunting/wildlife survival thing is kind of Chreestafer's character's realm, so I don't want him treading too much in another character's strong suit.

MasterOfMyFate

Ooooooh this looks purty. However, I am not too available for joining anything until the 13th-14th. I am doing a bit of traveling at the moment. Regardless, I am expressing my interests.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

kasper

Well thank you for showing interest. You are welcome to apply at any time! And happy/safe travels!

Snapespersephone

Name:Lillyandra Nwydn
Played By: Snapespersephone
Orientation:Bisexual (has no preference
Role: Princess
Dislikes: hunters, politics, being confined 
Distinguishing Traits: She is for the most part all green, Her hair is dark green almost like the moss on water, her eyes are the green of granny smith apples, and her skin the palest green of all. Even the blood in her veins for some odd reason is green
About: Lillyandra was raised from a young age to show the proper respect to her parents, but was always a bit of a free spirit. She has been kept from most forms of politics and fighting just due to the fact that she spends most of her time learning to control the natural gifts for nature she got form her parents and ancestors, as well as sneaking off for a swim in one of the forest streams. When confronted she is more of the hide and evade type then the stand and fight. She is what the humans would call a passifist a true flower child.
Skills: she has a natural ability to control nature and use it to her advantage, Camouflaging herself among the Flora and Fauna around her, slight ability to control bees
A&A: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=191520.new#new updated 12/24/15
Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=168435.0
Ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=177456.msg8429651#msg8429651
Fort: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169154.0
There is something wrong in life when my most dominate side is my muse, and she doesn't listen to me. She skips around doing her own thing and ignoring me.

TheBlackThrone

I'm going to try for either the Heir or a Prince of the Iredale house. You can help me decide which position you think is best for him when I make him. I'm just a little indecisive for any decision I'll go with. I'll have a character sheet up in a moment.  :-)
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

kasper

Thank you snapespersephone- she looks good so far.

And alright BlackThrone, that's not a problem.

However Rose is sending me to bed because she's a meanieface. And because I have work tomorrow morning and need to sleep. Boo. Anyway I won't be replying until tomorrow.

TheBlackThrone

Prince Hector Octavius Iredale
Played By: TheBlackThrone
Sex: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual
Role: Prince of Iredale

Distinguishing Traits: When the prince is being a prince, he can be seen wearing the finest tunics, clean-shaven—usually when forced—and donning the crest of the Iredale family on his ring finger. He carries himself with his shoulders high and chin up with confidence and his crisp, blue eyes shine with wit. He is never without his long sword, which he keeps at his hip within a decorative hilt of gold, iron and ivory. A decoration—the old thing—he prefers his knives.

In the city, the prince maintains a low profile. He will wear cloaks and the clothes of a common man. He will be without his ring and he will wait until his hair and beard has grown out.

Likes: Beautiful women, sex, drinking, a challenge, outwitting his enemies, getting his way, and staying one step ahead.
Dislikes: People who think they’re more clever than he, being outwitted, not getting his way, and his father’s niece.

About: Prince Hector knows how to get under one’s skin and the amount of information he knows about someone or some place can be rather daunting. Information is what he deals in. Having a silver tongue has not only won him battles without the need of him lifting a finger, but it has also teased the hearts of many women into sleeping with him. When in the city, the prince is who he wants to be and he has woven many tales about his numerous false-occupations: pirate, mercenary, merchant, sailor...he is quite educated and knows his kingdom like the back of his hand. When in a hostile situation, Hector is a professional at keeping calm. He will attempt to use his wit to get out of a situation, and then if provoked, he will use any means necessary to take down his enemy or escape. He has keen perception. His mind immediately will begin plotting a backdoor escape if a situation becomes overwhelming. However, like a beast, if he senses that he can take down his opponent, he will do so swiftly. His sharp eyes are always probing for a weakness in his adversaries and it doesn’t have to be just in combat. Being a prince, his words are often sharp enough to silence other royals or wound their pride.

Unlike most princes, Hector can’t stand the royal etiquette of his home. Nibbling at his food so he doesn’t seem like a slob, sipping at his drinks, and barely taking in enough sustenance that his stomach would finally stop bitching. He has mastered the speech of Poms: frou-frou and fra-fra. He has also mastered the speech of L, L standing for “Lust.” His family often meets with some mighty fine noblewomen, and the prince isn’t afraid to get them alone.

Habits: Bedding women either noble, maids, or prostitutes, venturing out into the city to gather information, drink, eat, and party, practicing his knife skills, reading, and standing around looking pretty for his father’s and mother’s satisfaction.

Skills: Prince Hector is quite skilled with his mouth and sword. He underwent training as a swordsman though he realized that he was more adept with knives. They are easy to conceal and the speed at which he can throw them often catch his enemies off guard. Having mastered the art of deception, the prince is like a gifted assassin, lulling his victims into a state of comfort before taking them out. He can navigate using the stars and sail a ship if need be, though his interest isn’t in sailing. The prince is a natural at gathering information about people and making reliable acquaintances who can grant him many favors. His wit has made him rather infamous among the other houses. He is perhaps too smart for his own good.
The gates are open

Drake Valentine

Tweaked.

If that does not work, I don't know what to tell you. >.>

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Wicked Vixen

I am interested in this rp please let me know if this is ok or not.

Name: Pinelopy Sage Nwydn

Played By: Wicked Vixen

Appearance/Body Type: Picture above

Height: 5'8"

Orientation: Bisexual (has no preference)

Role: Princess of the Nwydn

Likes: The forest, animals, nature, fresh air, humans, the sun, water

Dislikes: Closed spaces, fire and cruelty   

Distinguishing Traits: Her eyes and blood are green like Chlorophyll. She always smells like a field of flowers. Her tears act as an antidote to snake and spider venom.

About: Pinelopy at a young age was taught to respect and protect the forests and nature. Though she always respected the boundaries of the human realm she couldn't help but watch the humans from afar. Always she was curious about how they lived and what their cities looked like. Still her love of the forest and her fear of their use of fire caused her keep her distance. While she was taught court manners and to behave as a lady Pinelopy has always had a rebellious streak and is warned over and over to not get so close to the roads and trade routes of the non forest dwellers but despite their warnings she is too intrigued to care. She takes care of and befriends the animals of the forests and honing her ability to control nature. She is no dainty push over her dedication to preserving and protecting nature has her training her body. When she was a teenager she watched over a curious human boy who loved to explore the forest. Day after day she would secretly watch him, he was the first human she had ever seen before. One day she was practicing her archery when she heard the cries of the young boy. As he ran blindly through the forest she found him near death. A few of the animals told her that he had been bitten by a poisonous spider. With her tears she cured him and from then on their friendship began. It took a long time for her family to accept the human boy into their realm but after seeing his respect for nature and Pinelopy's insistence that he was a good person they eventually grew accustomed to his presence. She wants to create or discover the most beautiful flower in existence.

Skills: Natural ability to control nature, can communicate with animals, an excellent climber (dexterity, reflexes) , can blend into the forest, can heal nature (enhance or make stronger), skilled a bow and knife, learned to be stealthy (for her hobby to spy on humans), Immune to poisons, Extensive knowledge of herblore.
The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

TheHangedOne

I would just like to say, the Mercenary I have is still up for hire.

Also, Wicked, after looking at your character, I was struck with an odd idea for a second character. I'll send a pm your way about it, if you get the greenlight.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 12, 2013, 06:22:24 AM
I would just like to say, the Mercenary I have is still up for hire.

Also, Wicked, after looking at your character, I was struck with an odd idea for a second character. I'll send a pm your way about it, if you get the greenlight.

Ok I hope I get the go ahead soon! :-)

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

DarkRose15

Quote from: octopusdreams on August 11, 2013, 11:08:12 PM
Thank you snapespersephone- she looks good so far.

And alright BlackThrone, that's not a problem.

However Rose is sending me to bed because she's a meanieface. And because I have work tomorrow morning and need to sleep. Boo. Anyway I won't be replying until tomorrow.

LOL I am not a meanie face :P  :-* Silly Octo *snugglies*

Quote from: Drake Valentine on August 12, 2013, 02:52:35 AM
Tweaked.

If that does not work, I don't know what to tell you. >.>
I'll go back and take a look and then Octo and I can talk about it some more. Thanks for tweaking it a bit Drake :)

Quote from: Wicked Vixen on August 12, 2013, 12:41:27 PM

Ok I hope I get the go ahead soon! :-)
I like what I see so far but I wanted to ask what kind of antidote Pinelopy's tears act as? In the interest of fairness I think it'd be good to pick maybe 1-3 things her tears can cure. I like the idea, but Octo and I will still need to talk it over a bit. Plus it'll be hard to do much if her tears can cure all ailments. Do you have any particular things you'd like her tears to cure?
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: DarkRose15 on August 12, 2013, 12:54:49 PM
LOL I am not a meanie face :P  :-* Silly Octo *snugglies*
I'll go back and take a look and then Octo and I can talk about it some more. Thanks for tweaking it a bit Drake :)
I like what I see so far but I wanted to ask what kind of antidote Pinelopy's tears act as? In the interest of fairness I think it'd be good to pick maybe 1-3 things her tears can cure. I like the idea, but Octo and I will still need to talk it over a bit. Plus it'll be hard to do much if her tears can cure all ailments. Do you have any particular things you'd like her tears to cure?

Would it be too much to just say maybe venom from forest animals and/or plants???? Poison that she couldn't cure could still be found in animals and plants living in other parts of the world (Jungles, the sea, underground or in caves.)  I should have been more specific sorry I didn't mean for her to be a cure all.

DarkRose15

Don't apologize silly :) Well, I definitely like the idea that she would be able to use things such as natural herbs/tinctures and such to cure poisons her tears can't, so perhaps one of her abilities can be she is skilled at finding said herbs and knowledgeable in how to properly mix them. How about having her tears cure snake and spider venoms? We can definitely figure out some ideas, but otherwise so far I like the character and when Octo is able she'll take a look too and we can all talk more then :)
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: DarkRose15 on August 12, 2013, 01:09:24 PM
Don't apologize silly :) Well, I definitely like the idea that she would be able to use things such as natural herbs/tinctures and such to cure poisons her tears can't, so perhaps one of her abilities can be she is skilled at finding said herbs and knowledgeable in how to properly mix them. How about having her tears cure snake and spider venoms? We can definitely figure out some ideas, but otherwise so far I like the character and when Octo is able she'll take a look too and we can all talk more then :)

You know what I like that idea a lot and will modify my character. I will write it up right now thank you! :-)

xPeachyPuff

I would possibly be interested in playing a Nwydn Princess. I'll have a look around for inspiration and such.

- Rainbow ♥

RavenBlackmoon

A random side note.

Someone would completely make my day if they played the Nwydn king or a prince with this picture

kasper

Not very fond of that picture.

I'm borderline considering playing the Nwydn king but I have to be conscious about how many characters I take on. Boo.

And Wicked your skeleton is good. Same for snapespersephone. Black Throne, I like your skeleton overall but we only accept illustrated images for this game so that would need be changed. I'm not sure if Rose has any thing to add to so I'll wait for her before saying the decision is final. Drake, that's good.

TheBlackThrone

I'll change it. If I don't find something for it, I may change my character completely.
The gates are open

xPeachyPuff

How does this look? I may add to it, but right now I'm just a bit stumped on what else to include ;-; Let me know what you think! Any feedback would be appreciated.

- Rainbow ♥

Name: Narissa Clytie Nwydn.
Played By: xSnorkleRainbow
Orientation: Bisexual with a preference for men.
Role: Princess of the Nwyden family.

Height: 5'3".
Hair: Light blond, almost white.
Eyes: A unusual, strange mix of crimson and violet.
Body Type: Narissa has what would be refereed to as an hourglass figure, with a cinched in, small waist causing her hips and chest to appear larger. Although she is short and her body type would sometimes look strange on others, she is proportionate to her size. Her height only makes her appear more petite and dainty.

Likes: Nature, Water, Animals, Dance, Singing, Intimacy, Drinking, People who know what they want, Shiny things, Humans.
Dislikes: Indecisive people, Fire, Timid Characters, Clothing, Pointless Fighting, Feeling like a Captive.

Skills/Strengths: Narissa has been trained since birth with the ways of the Mother. She is a great animal and nature whisperer and can connect with almost anything, including humans. Known as a form of Dryad, Narissa can take the nutrients from plant life when she needs to and is usually replenished by simply standing in water. While she does not enjoy fighting, Narissa can hold her own with her speed and flexibility and has also been trained with daggers.

Weaknesses: Narissa is not versed in human ways, including their laws, their houses and status's and their script. She is always curious and eager to learn, which can sometimes cause her to irritate others. She can also be very stuck in her ways and it takes her longer than most to pick things up. Narissa also has a hot temper and isn't afraid to let her emotions get the better of her. She is quite brash and speaks her mind without much thought to others or the consequences she may face.

Short Bio: Narissa was born into the glorious world apart of the royal Nwydn family. One may think that because of this, her upbringing might have been strict and tailored for her to rule, but it wasn't. Her mother and father taught her the teachings of the Earth Mother from an early age and that is all she can remember throughout her life; she loves her ways and struggles to understand others because of this. It could also have something to do with her slight stubbornness. As a Princess, things were expected of her, but rather then seeming like a chore, she revealed in her duties and enjoyed her life. Considering her status, Narissa had a lot of freedom as a child and that relates to her later life as well. She finds it hard to understand war and considers it childish and unnecessary. Her life is devoted to nature and she considers it her only life partner, which can often cause men and women to be put off by her; she doesn't understand love and has never been in it with another person.

Chreestafer

Alright Drake. Rose and I have discussed this I'm honestly not too keen on any characters having wolves at their disposal- I was actually hesitant allowing Chreestafer to have just one. So, characters may have wolves (or any dangerous pet) but at this expense: if one of your character's wolves (other dangerous pet) attacks/threatens any other player's character, then that character may seriously wound or kill said wolf (dangerous pet). We feel this is fair.

No!!! I just read this. Dont kill my puppy!!!!!!  :(

Seriously though I understand this and respect it.  "Runt" the wolf, is more so a hunting companion and friend.  She will, which I had previously planned, be a passive creature and only attack when provoked or protecting Tristyn. 
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

xPeachyPuff

Question, how will the RP be starting? I think it might be fun to have everyone's character drawn together for some political debate or something? One house could host this and then it gives everyone a chance to intereact with everyone. Of course, that's completely down to the GM's and if they already have something in mind I will be quiet now, haha. Was just curious so I thought I'd ask.

- Rainbow ♥

MzHyde

Excerpts from the journal of world traveler and historian Aramus Balthazar.

Chapter III: The Shiekah

Day 1 - Their camp was nothing like I'd ever seen before and it offended my civilized upbringing in a number of ways. The ramshackle , temporary construction of it all was the primary offender. It appeared to be total chaos; tents and small huts, none of uniform design or size dotted the are in no particular order. It was only later that I would learn that the abodes were meant for hasty construction and tearing down, and that the designs and fabrics and patterns were significant to each family or individual that had built it. Tents were only abandoned if completely unusable and even then, any surviving scraps would be used to patch holes in other tents. I had spread before me, literally, the history of this Shiekah camp.

Day 2 - I had half expected to awaken and find the entire camp gone around me, to find myself lying naked in the middle of the desert, having been stripped of everything and left behind. I suppose my prejudices were still getting the better of me. Today I met their leader. She had, in fact, ridden out from another camp to meet me here. Strange woman, this 'Great Sister', as they call her. Therein lies another conundrum; they call each other 'sister' or 'brother'. Why? I was so bold as to ask. "Are we all not children of the land? Does your heart not beat as mine does? Do you not live off the earth as we do? What need do distinctions of territory or family serve? Does my name make me a fit ruler? Or is it, instead, how I have been raised? We're another more fit, I would give them my title with a smile."

I believed her.

I was informed later that the Shiekah all consider themselves children of Ifrit, the God they worship. They simply address each other as 'Sister Kali' or 'Brother Rahid', for example. Last names only serve to distinguish one line from another in honor of preserving history. I found it all very charming and humorous.

Day 3 - Today as I moved through the camp observing I noted a woman taking a sword to a grindstone. Next to her lay a pile of weapons and scraps of armor. Sweat trickled down her brow. Aghast, I asked her where here husband was and why he was not undertaking the task. She laughed at me and told me he was smoking fish for dinner. I was dumbfounded! In my town, I told her, one would never see a woman reduced to such labours! It was unheard of! She laughed again at me and asked why it should matter. "Who cares what hand sharpened the blade," she said, "So long as it cuts deep?"

The Shiekah do not care what gender does the labour, so long as it is done. I've come to realize this as a necessity of the harsh life they lead. Survival is paramount in the scorching deserts and barren plains. They have worked to turn surviving into an art form. No mere mercenaries and thieves, these people. I am slowly coming to realize there is much beyond the stereotypes and rumors.

Day 6 - Bandits. Highwaymen. Robbers. Cutthroats. Whatever region you are in there is a name for bands of roving miscreants that pray upon others for material gain. A week ago I would've attributed such a moniker to the Shiekah. No longer. Today the camp came under attack from these TRUE ruffians. They outnumbered my hosts three to one, such was the small size of our camp. The unfit for combat were huddled away in their tents while others rode out.

Here is the clever bit; they rode out in different directions. The brigands moved as one, The Shiekah as three small groups. One would think this to decrease their chances of survival. I certainly did at first. Then I noticed that this allowed them to strike from three places at once.  They would strike and fade, while the brigands kept turning about, trying to lash out at one group of Shiekah riders only to have another hit them from the back or side. It was akin to slapping at a swarm of bees with a stick; the swarm would disperse a moment, suffering no real damage, only to attack from everywhere at once the next.

After the battle I stood and watched as the Shiekah buried the bandits, after stripping them of anything useful. I questioned them on this and was surprised to find the Great Sister at my side. She had been watching me. "When Ifrit takes them, they will have no need of material goods, for they will be nothing but a soul. A soul cannot grasp a mortal weapon; it falls through their fingers as grains of sand fall through ours," she said, "Why should we not bury our foes as we do our loved ones? Are they not our brothers and sisters? Our paths have diverged and Ifrit has put them at odds with us, but we all must return to the fires in which we were forged."

Again, I believed her.