News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Smells that you like

Started by Twisted Crow, April 10, 2019, 02:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted Crow

Basically anything ordinary to the spectrum of "a bit odd". Stuff like fresh baked cookies to the smell of your pet animal or something.

On the subject of weird scents that I like... gasoline and burning pipe tobacco.

As far as more relatable ones go? Lots of food ones; like grilled meat (sausage, beef, chicken, etc) or fish. Another would be Cinnamon and lavender... but in the form of incense as opposed to actual cinnamon or lavender.

Nico

Hm. There's a lot.

Cigar smoke. Coffee. Lemon/Lime. Vanilla. Sandalwood. Caramel. Cinnamon. Leather. The way my husband smells. Melons in general. The grass after the rain. Roses. Freshly washed laundry. Coconut. Oregano. Basil. Patchouli. Anise.

Inkidu

Coffee, fresh paper and ink, roses, cigars (un-burned only), dark chocolate, the ocean, pineapple, apples, bananas, coconut. Mexican food, tomato soup, fresh bedclothes.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

tommoj91

I love the smell of freshly cut grass right after it has rained.

Argyros

I love the scent of ozone (O3) before a rain storm and nitrogen dioxide (NO2) during a lightning strike. They both emanate that crisp, pungent aroma that stimulates my olfactory senses. I also enjoy the smell of watermelons, donuts, old books, cedar wood, Colts (Rum & Wine), and the interior of new cars.
< Status: Gone >

Strega

Bread!

I always smell it before I eat it, a weird habit of mine I guess.

Mathim

Incense used to rub me the wrong way but I kind of like it now.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Peony

I had a chamomile and ylang ylang lotion that I loved to bits. I am a sucker for magnolia and jasmine fragrances. I like sandlewood too.
Ons/Offs Thread (Edited updated 4/17/19)Ons/Offs

Blythe

Petrichor. Diesel. Any and all citrusy or acidic odors. Oddly fond of the scent of vinegar, too.

The strangely pristine papery aroma of a new car or book.

The extremely light yet pervasive scent of honeysuckle flowers.

WhichBard

Coffee. Rain. Pinesol and Bleach (they smell like "Clean" to me... and also have to be in moderation).  Those are my favorites, anyway.

ObsidianRae

Oh oh, I have one! Flour! Plain flour. It reminds me of cooking or baking with my mother, and in general when I am happy I like to cook or bake. So it is home and happiness in scent form.

I also like fresh lilac or honeysuckle. 

And the smell of old books. Paper, Post-It notes in particular. Coffee beans, before they are ground. The smell of Scrubbing Bubbles (Found out the hard way this product should be used with a window open though.) Ozone.

I especially like catching just a hint of a nice cologne or scent of a man in passing. It's not so much a specific cologne/scent but the fact that it was pleasant and just a faint tease of it, leaving you wanting more.

The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet the light of the bright world dies, With the dying sun

Mathim

I remember when I was really little, the local Toys 'R Us entryway had this really pleasing scent, like paint that hadn't dried all the way, and I loved it but I'd only get one whiff before entering the store proper.

Also the smell of Fruity Pebbles. Curiously I dislike Trix and Froot Loops despite them being kind of all the same thing just in different geometric shapes.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

LostInTheMist

In no particular order. The smell in the air after a downpour. (Especially the first downpour of the spring.) Fresh apples. Roasting garlic. Freshly parmesan cheese. That "new car" smell. The air at the moment of sunrise on a camping trip miles from anywhere. Frying spam. The air when sailing in a storm. Tabasco sauce. Books, especially old ones. Fruit candies. Clean sheets on a well-made bed. The crisp smell of the air after a fresh snow. The smell of my grandparents' house when we'd go there for Christmas.
Lots of air smells in there.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: House sitting. Will not be replying until I return. See my A/As for details.