Roaring 20ies/Speakeasy/Gangster & Crime Stories [Open to all]

Started by Nico, April 29, 2015, 09:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico

Announcement

This counts for everyone wanting to join from this moment on (everyone who already has voiced interest before this message, please ignore it):

We do not accept any more 'well off' characters from the upper class anymore. Only working/lower class.

Heartsink

Nico

Quote from: Heartsink on May 07, 2015, 06:54:13 PM
Maybe it really is...
happening!
Hah.

Yep, we need to have some balance and all. Can't only have well off people running around. :P

RubySlippers

What about a Middle Class writer she has some fame, published some books but none took off overly well but is comfortable now cranking out a book every year, catering to the market of erotic and lurid tales to some degree?

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Nicholas on May 07, 2015, 11:21:04 PM
Hah.

Yep, we need to have some balance and all. Can't only have well off people running around. :P

But, having them be well off now will only make for better drama, if and when a Depression hits, be it Great or small. No?  >:)

MaverickKane

Send in a CS so Nicholas and I have an idea of what you want to do, we can look it over and let you know.

Madriv

Hi. I just found out about this. Help! I need involvement!!

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Madmartigan on May 08, 2015, 08:07:38 AM
Hi. I just found out about this. Help! I need involvement!!

*tackles and loves all over* Come pway wif meeeee :D
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Madriv

I should add that I have about 50 character idea possibilities - have I mentioned I love this era? And the cutoff on well-to-do characters only takes me down by two... who I could actually just build at an earlier state in their lives, when they're on their way up... damn!

So my question is... I've hear you need some Irish gangster types. Is this so?

Bloodied Porcelain

SlipperySue is working on one, and I'm working on a daughter of one who isn't really a gangster because female, but aside from that, if others have started work on more, I haven't heard of any. The GMs might be better suited to answer that though, as I'm sure they're getting flooded with ideas. ^.^
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

SlipperySue

Yes we are working on Eamonn and Aoife Coughlan.

Yes we are indeed working on a gangster and a gangster's daughter, just not each others relative.

Madriv

Well there's always the vaudevillians, the rising railroad barons, moonshiners, gangsters from other cities coming to check out the local talent, Salvation Army types trying to save everybody, professional gamblers, reporters looking for the next big story, defense lawyers making a killing, crooked cops, clean cops (definitely Irish)... hnnnnng.

MaverickKane

All of the character concepts you have mentioned sound great. All I can really say is...pick one and run with it, make a CS and Nicholas and I will check it over. We have so many wonderful players with such interesting characters.

Madriv

Thank you, Maverick! I'm reaching out to some of your other players and I'll come up with something as soon as I can. I NEED THIS.

Nico

Quote from: MaverickKane on May 08, 2015, 09:12:18 AM
All of the character concepts you have mentioned sound great. All I can really say is...pick one and run with it, make a CS and Nicholas and I will check it over. We have so many wonderful players with such interesting characters.
I can only echo this!

KatieSparks

I whipped up a character sheet but I think I will withdraw for now - it seems like there are already a lot of people who are interested and I'm not entirely satisfied with what I've come up with for a CS, to be honest.

If there is a need for additional players in the future, maybe I will return. :)

Nico

Quote from: KatieSparks on May 08, 2015, 11:19:33 AM
I whipped up a character sheet but I think I will withdraw for now - it seems like there are already a lot of people who are interested and I'm not entirely satisfied with what I've come up with for a CS, to be honest.

If there is a need for additional players in the future, maybe I will return. :)
You can always make a new character. ;) There is no rush.

Heartsink

Quote from: KatieSparks on May 08, 2015, 11:19:33 AMIf there is a need for additional players in the future, maybe I will return. :)

The more, the merrier, init?

Nico

Vael the Destroyer

-peeks head in- Mad is wonderful and dragged me here. Definitely very interested in this game. :)

Nico

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on May 09, 2015, 12:40:30 AM
-peeks head in- Mad is wonderful and dragged me here. Definitely very interested in this game. :)
~waves~ Hello!

Just have a look over our rules (They're linked in the first post of this thread somewhere), and once you figured out a character, just send the sheet to Kane and myself. :-)

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Nicholas on May 09, 2015, 05:05:17 AM
~waves~ Hello!

Just have a look over our rules (They're linked in the first post of this thread somewhere), and once you figured out a character, just send the sheet to Kane and myself. :-)

Will do. :D

Nico

la dame en noir

Looks like I can finally start working on my character sheet, and finish it, by tomorrow night! :D My muse is back!!!!
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Nico

Quote from: la dame en noir on May 10, 2015, 12:49:06 AM
Looks like I can finally start working on my character sheet, and finish it, by tomorrow night! :D My muse is back!!!!
Yay! ~cheers~

If you need anything, just let us know!