My One Year on Elliqiuy Post

Started by Sherona, September 09, 2008, 04:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherona

I generally do not really notice big milestones. But this one is something special as I grew so much in both real life as well as my online life since and because of folks at Elliquiy. To start off I will share how I was when I first joined.

I was awkward and shy, reserved, and quite frankly before the Mentor Program I did not really know many people other then Elvi, Strangely, Veks and a handful who took the time to pm me. My husband and I practiced bdsm in the bedroom but had talked of growing that relationship, and I was a bit resistant due to previous experiances.

As time went by on Elliquiy, I got to know so many people, go close to many of these as well. People who know me, know how difficult it is for me to really open up and share anything really intimate with people, and I learned how to do that more in my time on Elliquiy.

I learned about myself, and I learned about my quirks and habits. I learned that I was not so strange and weird, and just anti-social, with the help of the great community of Elliquiy.

I made lasting friendships that in all honesty are the most real friendships I have ever had. I won't name you all but my friends know who they are, and to the others who I am not so close with yet..well I will probably here another year so perhaps by this time next year I will have expanded.

I learned to recognize my own flaws, and to work on them but notto get discouraged and beat myself up when I fail at correcting flaws. No one is perfect, no one should expect even themselves to be.

So to all of Elliqiuy, close friend or not, I thank you for the wonderful years worht of experiances, and making each day something new and exciting.

*hugs*

Kalen

One year, and I've called you my friend for perhaps 2/3 of that time.  My return to Elliquiy coincided with your decision to come a bit more out of your shell, and I can say that I'm proud to have been a part of your life as you have grown and changed.

You are one of the best people I have known, anywhere.  You are easily one of the best writers and sexiest minds on the internet, and have been with me through thick and thin.  You are a vital part of this community, and make us better by being here.

Thank you for being you, and congrats on one year on E.

Sherona

*laughs and blushes* Bet you say that to all the girls Kalen.

*hugs* Thankees.

Caeli

Congratulations, Sherona. :) You've got such a lovely personality and sharp mind, not to mention a lot of other things that others who know you more can describe better than I.

I can sincerely and genuinely say that meeting and talking with you has put more than a few smiles on my face. I'm glad to have met you, and I hope to get to know you better in our continued time here.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Sherona

*hugs* Thank you Caeli, I have so enjoyed our chats thoroughly..though I still say you need to take a little breather in between classes! :)

Methos

Congratulations Sherona, hopefully you'll have many more happy years of writing to come.
"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."

Ons and offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13590

Sherona

*smiles*

Thank you Methos. I am sure they will.

NightBird

Elliquiy is a magical place, and I for one, think that you're part of what makes it that way, my dear.

*offers a warm hug*

I'm delighted to have gotten to know you, even a bit, and I, too, hope this is just the first of many equally wonderful years here in the best community in cyberspace.

Sherona

Quote from: NightBird on September 09, 2008, 09:55:02 PM
Elliquiy is a magical place, and I for one, think that you're part of what makes it that way, my dear.

*offers a warm hug*

I'm delighted to have gotten to know you, even a bit, and I, too, hope this is just the first of many equally wonderful years here in the best community in cyberspace.

*hugs Nightbird*

The same goes for me hun, I am so glad we got to know each other, and it is nice to hear you seem to be doing better again.

Storiwyr

Congratulations Sherona.

I adore you, and I'm glad that you've grown through your connection to E. :) I know that I have as well.

<3
Lords, get to know me before you snuggle all over me. Sorry, but I get a little anxious! Ladies and Lieges, cuddles are always welcome, read my O/O for more detailed info.
"There's no need to argue anymore. I gave all I could, but it left me so sore. And the thing that makes me mad, is the one thing that I had. I knew, I knew, I'd lose you."

Sherona

*offers Stori hugs*

Thank you *smiles* It's so much fun chatting with you, I have had many interesting conversations :)

Storiwyr

Quote from: Sherona on September 09, 2008, 11:16:15 PM
*offers Stori hugs*

Thank you *smiles* It's so much fun chatting with you, I have had many interesting conversations :)

*nods* I look up to you. You're one of the only people I know who has made a D/s relationship work. I know it can be done, but I always love hearing you talk about your relationship with your husband.
Lords, get to know me before you snuggle all over me. Sorry, but I get a little anxious! Ladies and Lieges, cuddles are always welcome, read my O/O for more detailed info.
"There's no need to argue anymore. I gave all I could, but it left me so sore. And the thing that makes me mad, is the one thing that I had. I knew, I knew, I'd lose you."

Sherona

Quote from: Storiwyr on September 09, 2008, 11:20:29 PM
*nods* I look up to you. You're one of the only people I know who has made a D/s relationship work. I know it can be done, but I always love hearing you talk about your relationship with your husband.

*blush* I am sure that there are others, but I am just one of the more outspoken ones! hehee. Feel free to drop me a pm any time :D

Storiwyr

Quote from: Sherona on September 09, 2008, 11:23:54 PM
*blush* I am sure that there are others, but I am just one of the more outspoken ones! hehee. Feel free to drop me a pm any time :D

*laughs* Prior to E, I've been rather better at finding BAD examples of what NOT to do. *hugs for Sherona*

Sherona

Quote from: Storiwyr on September 09, 2008, 11:26:19 PM
*laughs* Prior to E, I've been rather better at finding BAD examples of what NOT to do. *hugs for Sherona*

*nodnods and sighs* That is one of the reasons I am so outspoken. A good bdsm relationship is a wonderful thing if both partners enjoy it. But people who do not know that Doms are caring loving individuals and not just some psycho control freaks can make a relationship scary, frightening and down right dangerous...

/endrant..*grins*

Storiwyr

Quote from: Sherona on September 09, 2008, 11:32:39 PM
*nodnods and sighs* That is one of the reasons I am so outspoken. A good bdsm relationship is a wonderful thing if both partners enjoy it. But people who do not know that Doms are caring loving individuals and not just some psycho control freaks can make a relationship scary, frightening and down right dangerous...

/endrant..*grins*

*nods* A real Dom is ... yes. *gets all dreamy eyed*

But the point is ... congratulations, Sherona! Here's to many more years!

/end derailment ;)

Sherona

*grins* No real derailment can happen on this thread, as the intent was simply to state how I have grown and what I have learned..did all that in one single post, I didn't blog it simply because I wanted to be sure that people who wished to comment could :D

Cherri Tart

*shy hug and smooch*  i've always valued your friendship, Sherona.  You're one of the reasons i decided to come back after getting somewhat fed up here.  E has a lot of bit hearts pumping blood through its veins and yours is one of the biggest, no matter what you might otherwise think. Thank you for making this small part of the world a better place and congratulations on your E-versary.

xoxo
tartlet
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Sherona

Quote from: Cherri Tart on September 10, 2008, 01:47:16 AM
*shy hug and smooch*  i've always valued your friendship, Sherona.  You're one of the reasons i decided to come back after getting somewhat fed up here.  E has a lot of bit hearts pumping blood through its veins and yours is one of the biggest, no matter what you might otherwise think. Thank you for making this small part of the world a better place and congratulations on your E-versary.

xoxo
tartlet

*hug smoooches Tartlet back* Thankyou hun, I was so upset when I found out you were frusterated and weren't logging in as much! I misssed you! :)

Hunter

Sherona

*smiles* Why thank you Hunter. It is good to see you back around these parts too :)

Hunter

Quote from: Sherona on September 18, 2008, 10:24:30 AM
*smiles* Why thank you Hunter. It is good to see you back around these parts too :)

I can't help it.  I like it here too much to leave.   ;)

Sabby

7 thousand posts and Siren status in just one year... ever thought of going for Politics?

Sherona

*smiles* Sirens isn't something political as I am not very politically correct heehee..

adventurer

Congratulations, Sherona! Creating such flows of trust, mutual respect and playfulness in an online community AND feeling a very REAL and AUTHENTIC realtionship with friends is a gift.

A rare gift.

Outing yourself as politically not correct even increases my sympathy:):) This what E in general is unique about.

All the best,

Rob
"You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation."
(Plato)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21715.0