Sexy space pirates! [MUL]

Started by Jingo, November 25, 2009, 07:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iridum248

The idea looks absolutely fascinating. I'd love one of the female roles, if available~

Inspiration:

Carlissa

Well, I didn't want you to change the idea of the rp...

I just thought it would be more fair if more than six people could join.

And plus, a 7-man crew, no offence to anybody, could not run a ship all by themselves...But it depends on the ship size, really.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

joker123

well, here is an idea

we could have two ships, crewed by around 6 people each because the computers on the ships can run the rest, that compete against each other as rivals.

Vandren

Definitely interested as I've been looking for a good SF group for a while

Quote from: CarlissaI just thought it would be more fair if more than six people could join.

While true, this isn't the point, as Jingo has repeatedly noted.

Quote from: Carlissa on November 27, 2009, 09:36:11 AMAnd plus, a 7-man crew, no offence to anybody, could not run a ship all by themselves...But it depends on the ship size, really.

Depends on the technology more than size.  For example: a Star Trek Federation starship needs a fair sized crew for optimum use, but can be controlled by as few as one or two people due to the heavy computerization; the starship Andromeda can be run by literally zero crew because its computer is an advanced AI (the actual crew used for most of the series is 6, inc. Rommy); an Imperial Star Destroyer requires a few hundred crew because there's no computer automation; the Galactica (BSG) also requires a large crew because there's minimal computer networking and no central computer core.

So, really, it depends on the setting technology.  Remember that a starship is not a 19th century sailing vessel or even a modern 21st c. ship.   Depending on tech, a lot can be automated or turned over to semi-sentient robots.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elven Sex Goddess

I recently have started in a game that is pretty awesome.   Actually a couple of games.   And they have bogged down,  due to only having a limited number of people.    As often happens,  real life takes someone away from being able to commit on a regular basis.  It slows the games down. 

So I started up a D&D campaign, at first was going to run it with standard party fo 6.  But decided to incorporate  my home group, where we have at least 10 people.    However, like on here.   Not everyone can make  it week to week.  So it works out, as we usually run six to seven.    So applying such to a board game.   It hopefully will allow to have at least a active core of players at all times.   Yes some might fade to the background at times.   But the game won't get stagnant.   With having to wait on others.

Plus this is a free form game.   Not a system so a scenario of two crews completing against each other.  A good idea but how would you arbitrate such with out a rules system.   

Finally yes it might seem daunting to allow more then what your comfortable with.  But remember that in the freeform setting.  You have provided the backdrop,  really do nothing more then intermediate conflicts that might arise.  An the players generate the stories within.    And yourself having the mantra of storyteller.   You might orchestrate plots such as the crew pirating a vessel.   Like for example in the fifth element when the cruise ship was raided.     

Vandren

If there's no overarching plot and it is effectively a sandbox-style freeform group, then dozens of players could conceivably be included.  In that style group, the GM/Mod is basically there to deal with player-player disputes and to ensure at least a little continuity (so that Group A doesn't blow up the galaxy while everyone else ignores it).  However, given Jingo's stated concerns, if that's the route, I'd recommend at least one co-GM/Mod.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

ReijiTabibito

This sounds awesome.  I've been looking for more sci-fi games...how's the gender balance in this game?  I've been told I play a pretty convincing girl, so I can go either way.

DeviantMunster

Poor Jingo. Seems like this game has been kidnapped from him!

Carlissa

Actually, we should be congratulating him. He made an rp that is very popular.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Vandren

Quote from: DeviantMunster on November 28, 2009, 06:23:19 AMPoor Jingo. Seems like this game has been kidnapped from him!

How so?  Just looks like he's been offered more players than he'd expected, that he's considering other options, and that people are offering suggestions should he decide to expand things.  If he chooses to keep things small, I'm sure most of us will accept that decision.

Carlissa

So, am I allowed to make a profile now?

wildstar

i think the idea of two going agains't each other sounds good.

Carlissa

Quote from: wildstar on December 01, 2009, 08:15:02 AM
i think the idea of two going agains't each other sounds good.

Well, the it would take the original idea out of the rp, would it not?

wildstar

well true but Jingo will ultimately decide how he wants the story to go.

Carlissa

thats true, but he needs to log on first! xD

Where is he, btw? Does anyone know?

Vandren

Quote from: Carlissa on December 01, 2009, 05:12:51 PMWhere is he, btw? Does anyone know?

My guess would be that he may have a job, or a life offline . . . or just might have caught a bug and be laid up sick . . . no, wait, those are the things that keep me offline for multiple days.

As G'n'R once said, "Just a little patience is all we need"

Carlissa

I know, I just don't want this thread to die before it starts  :-(

ShamshielDF

I would certainly be interested in this ^_^  I have always loved space opera/science fiction.

If you're thinking of expanding the game (either within the single ship or expanding out to a larger universe) I already have a concept in mind.  Based on a sci-fi gaming system I loved that sadly died, I was thinking a ships tech/hacker/geek/cyberneticist based on the mechalus from Alternity.  For visualization think of them as the distant cousins of the borg in Star Trek.  Where the borg are squared off and clunky the mechalus are curvy.  Where the borg completely suppress individuality, the mechalus almost seem to go to extremes, as if trying to prove to others they aren't machines.  They have nanites as part of their bodies from birth, making it completely natural for them, and their bodies would be described as idealized human, given their common ancestry combined with the fact the nanites help guide their body's development.

Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

breaker

any spots left? the group i was going to do some DND RP died [or they didn't IM me], but I'm sure I could change gears for a sci-fi theme no prob.
I don't have an idea what to do right now role wise but you could always use a cook or medic maybe. Maybe even a sexy [scare the men, confuse the ladies] androgy cook or medic :3.
I just... um... need to know where to post something if you want a background or just flat out RP  ;D

Edit#1: Just found a nice pic that needed some hair and eye color manipulation, also i guess you could call it my first shop XD

there's probably some spots that people with discerning eyes can see, but i think it came out decently. only problem is its too big for my avatar image, so i have to shrink the @#$%^er down.

edit#2: Yeeeessssssssssssssss, finally.

Rune

Put me down as interested as well! Let me know if any openings in the group appear.

breaker

*lurks in
damn, looks like this one is dead on arrival. Any chance to revive it? Or is everyone else done with this for now  :'(

Tsakara

ChaoticSky

id also like confirmation that this died (seems it did from what i read).

if so, id consider starting something in the same vein... (though ill probably regret it!) but my version would be... darker.... probably. ^^

Vandren

Seeing as Jingo's been on E. recently (three days ago), but hasn't posted in a month, it's a safe bet that the idea's toast.

ChaoticSky

alrighty

im not sure if your still watching this space jingo, but if you are... your welcome to join mine if you still have a interest in this sort of idea. else, thank you for setting me onto the idea *bow*