The Summer of '55

Started by Blinkin, March 16, 2013, 09:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

It’s the lazy summer days of 1955 and a group of friends are about to embark upon a journey of exploration, life and love as they gather confidences, share secrets and gain deeper connections to each other. A time of growth and learning about each other, themselves and their hearts (and bodies!) under the blue skies of a quiet meadow and the cold waters of a river.

My general idea is that of a group of 4 to 6 friends between the ages of 16 and 17 and the way that they spend the slow days of summer with each other. There will be sex, but I would like the story to focus as much on how they grow closer and begin the process of understanding each other and what intimacy with people that you trust and value might become when you stretch (and break) the social taboos of a more innocent time… a time of change that still holds onto it’s past while the first tentative steps begin into what will become the revolution that will be the 60’s. If any of this makes sense.

If there’s enough interest, I’ll create a fairly basic character bio for some information that they would know about each other. There’s nothing wrong with the James Dean image, but please, not everyone and I would prefer a semi-balance between the genders (Meaning characters, not players. I don’t care what sex YOU are, it’s the mix of the characters).

My thoughts are that things might start off innocent, perhaps a swim in their underwear on a hot day, perhaps a game of truth or dare that might give them the opening to have some mischief and so on. It’s about the friendships and the time; the relationships and the trust that you only find with real friends. It'll be semi-sandbox, with just a little direction.

So… anyone interested in the basic concept and talking about it?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

lovelygirl

I'd love to play this out if you get more people. Dibs on the innocent virgin of the group. Not a prude, but really needs her sexy side drawn out.
Slowly getting back to posting

Ons &Offs
A &A's updated 3/27/16 UPDATE Very Important!

Photo

I have an idea a lot like this. So, I'm toootally in. Dibs on a female character, please.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Blinkin

Some may be a little more adventurous than others, but a non-virgin among the bunch wouldn't stand out. I would be surprised if at leat one of the girls isn't a virgin as the story is about learning about life and sex. ;)

And it seems like there are 2 (3 as I'm playing a male myself)

So no more than 2 more girls, and I would prefer only 1 more girl and 2 boys... but we'll see what happens.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

mai

azzmeister89

Count me in, this sounds light hearted and fun

Blinkin

Well, that's 5 (including me). We can go with that, or we can try to find one more. Either sex is acceptible at this point, assuming that we do have 2 male characters. A 4:2 ratio is still doable for the situation... the boys will just need their vitamins! ;)

As an interesting side note, this topic was untouched for a week, and suddenly... wow! lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

azzmeister89

Two guys and four girls? Me likes them odds me thinks........ -goes in search of the idiots guide to dateing-

Blinkin

lol, I remember when it was the Dummie's guide... 2 guys just means that traditional boy/girlfriends might not work too well. ;)

Remember, this is the 1950's and gay love was... well lets say that tolerance never entered the vocabulary.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

azzmeister89

Well my character will be straight so no worries there and traditional is over rated :P

eiselmann

I'd be interested  male character of course unless the group is full...I can well understand the appeal of two girls for every boy :-)

260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Blinkin

The interested are, so far:

Blinkin- Male
Lovelygirl - female
Photo - female
Mai -female
Azzmeister89 - Male?
eiselmann - male

That's 3 girls and 3 menly boys. ;) It'll work even if there isn't a 6th.

So... a basic character bio... I'll see about putting up a topic, but I'm not entirely sure where to put it. Light is an option, but as it may go bbeyond light, perhaps something else. No NC in this one.

Character Name:
Physical Description (Note: As the topic starter is blind, a pic is ok, but you'll still have to give some basics for yours truly):
Personality:
Brief background:
Ons:
Offs:
Anything else you want to say?

Note: The date is June 6th, 1955. The first day of Summer Vacation!

Example:

Character Name: Daniel Grimes Jr.
Birthday:  April 15
Physical Description:  Danny is a good looking boy with thick, wavy dark brown hair and bright blue eyes in a face that promises to be squared jaw in a few more years. Although smooth faced, the shadow of the hint of the suggestion of a mustache fuzzes his upper lip. Lanky and still just a little gangly, he's growing into wide shoulders and has a more than suggestion of a nice package in his jeans.
Personality: Danny is a good natured boy who gets a little tongued tied around girls and has been caught on more than one occasion trying to peak under a woman's skirt when he was younger. With the exception of the girls that he's apparently made some friendships with, he's a total lost cause with girls, although he's a cute guy with a sense of humor, he's not a jock.
Brief background: The younger son of Daniel SR. and Mary Grimes, who own the local hardware store, Danny had the normal benchmarks as a child... well, perhaps semi-normal. He did, afterall, manage to fall down a well once, and he seemed to gain an unhealthy interest in peaking up skirts.. oh, and there was time that he "accidently" pulled the skirt down Melony Stevens just before 4th period... and grabbed Ms. Gilber's breast when he tripped... but those were all accidents, honest!

As he grew up, he made friends with some of the local kids and soon became inseperable from them as they ran wild over the blocks of their neighborhood... but he secretly has a crush on someone that makes him blush badly when he's caught watching her.
Ons:  anything that gets a peak at a girl, wanting to try... things... others to be discovered as he lives life.
Offs: anything involving blood, or pain.
Anything else you want to say? May have a crush on another character. Open to discussion.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

mai

Character Name: Lily Liang
Birthday: August 16th
Physical Description: Lily is a short, slender Asian girl with medium-length straight black hair, and a friendly smile. She barely reaches 5 feet tall, but she swears that she's not done growing yet.
Image, for those of you who want it

(Image is of actress Isablla Leong)
Personality: She's a smart and ambitious girl, and has little room for the traditional attitudes of her parents or even most of the people in the community. She can tell big changes in the world are coming, and she has no intention of being left behind. That said, when it comes to interpersonal relationships she can often feel kind of awkward, and she's especially on her guard around white people, conscious of just how much power they have over her and her family.
Brief background: Lily is the child of two well-off Chinese immigrants (her father runs a rather profitable business helping connect would-be immigrants with employers in the states who want cheap labor). Her parents are very traditional, but they think of themselves as forward-looking (they even gave her a Western name). She isn't terribly experienced sexually, but she's kissed a boy before (although in secret, her parents don't even know that she's gone on a date). She's very opinionated and outspoken (at least when she feels that it's safe to do so), and more than a little rebellious. She wants to break away from the traditional way of doing things, but isn't sure if she has the courage.
Ons: Boys, girls, being felt up, doing something forbidden.
Offs: Injury, pain, anal sex.
Anything else you want to say? I was actually thinking that one of the interesting things about this setup is the opportunity to play with period attitudes towards race/gender/sexuality, so I've included lots of opportunities for that in the character, although I can certainly play those things down if that's not something other folks are interested in.

eiselmann

Character name: Peter Edward Daniels
Age 16
Birthday April 19th

Physical Description 5ft.10 his body still has some baby fat but he is mostly toned thanks to sport and hard work

Personality : Can be easily lead and adventurous, very loyal to his friends. He's a better student than his grades show. A natural athlete. Around girls he can be a bit of a show off or very quiet which confuses him because elsewise his mood/behaviour is not  normally effected by people.. In the last few months of school, some older girls started to look at him and even talk to him, he's even been told some older girls really think he's neat...which just confuses him even more.

Brief background : The youngest of three children. Sister Belinda (20) lives in LA and is studying to be a nurse, Brother John Jr (19) enlisted in the Marines last year after graduation. Mother is Emma Rogerson 39 housewife and member of the PTA. Father John Daniels (deceased killed during the Batlle of the Bulge) Step Father Albert Rogerson 58 Doctor.  Peter loves his mother and siblings and respects his step father , he's not a bad sort but is distant. Peter runs track for the school his best event is the mile. He loves baseball and plays third base normally but his talent is football, Coach Anderson has already told him he'll be starting quarter-back..he played the final game of last season because that dick Simon Humphrey got injured and he threw 6 touchdowns inflicting the only lose on the best high school team in the state (older girls starting acting weird around  him after that)

Ons : Girls, Mrs Lewis his neighbour, Miss Devonport his American History teacher taking risks
Offs : people who don't now when to shut up, bullies.

Anything else you want to say? Has a massive crush on one of the girls but really likes them all. He intends to Join the Marines like his brother but hasn't told anyone. He saw Mr and Mrs Lewis a few weeks ago when he was walking out to the garage, they were both naked and another women was with them and she was naked to ...and they were doing it...Mr Lewis is his hero now and Peter would love to not only do it but do it with two women..or even two girls.
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

lovelygirl

Character Name: Ava Lister
Birthday: October 3rd
Physical Description: Ava stands around five feet six inches. She has long brown hair and blue eyes. She has a thin build but not rail thin. She's a little awkward about her body since she really hasn't developed like the other girls.

Personality: Ava is the sweetest girl once you get her to open up. She's horribly shy because of her body. She was constantly teased by the other girls in school and has a hard time relating because she feels like the outcast. But once she opens up, she has a lot to say. She loves to sing and dreams of being on Broadyway.
Brief background: Ava was born the only child to Henry and Sylvia Lister. She was their little miracle, blessed from the day she was born. Her home was very stable, her dad a traveling salesman amd her mom a nurse. Ava grew up knowing the value of hard work and never took anything for granted. Her parents worked hard for,what they had and they instilled that in Ava.

Things went ok until high school when Ava realized she wasnt as pretty as the other girls, at least that was how she felt. It didn't help the cheerleaders teased her as well. They hurled every mean thing at her and Ava tried to hold her own. She would sing songs in her head to distract herself. Ava knew one day, she was going to be star on the Great White Way. She was the wallflower they all passed over, the sweet girl that everyone just looked away from.
Ons: She's always longed for a first kiss. She's a romantic at heart and wants a boy to sweep her off her feet, just like in the movies. She wants a happily ever after.
Offs: mean people, people that lie to get what they want.
Slowly getting back to posting

Ons &Offs
A &A's updated 3/27/16 UPDATE Very Important!

azzmeister89

Wow i call dibs on being inlove with lily. Will have a post up in the next 24 hours

Siereis

So first of all this sounds rather sweet and fun...I'm interested.

Of course, it also looks like you have 3 girls already...one for each guy potentially.  If you all would like another female character I'd love to join in.  If not, just let me know.

Lastly, it was stated that this would be semi-plot driven but mostly sandbox...mind if I ask what the general plot line will be aside from the obvious?

eiselmann

Just out of curiosity is there a particular part of the states this story will be set....state or area?

My ons and offs link

Blinkin

Quote from: azzmeister89 on March 22, 2013, 11:44:57 PM
Wow i call dibs on being inlove with lily. Will have a post up in the next 24 hours

Well, before you call dibs... you may want to see how the girl feels about it. It's not exactly like calling shotgun for the front seat of a car. lol

Quote from: Siereis on March 22, 2013, 11:58:41 PM
So first of all this sounds rather sweet and fun...I'm interested.

Of course, it also looks like you have 3 girls already...one for each guy potentially.  If you all would like another female character I'd love to join in.  If not, just let me know.

Lastly, it was stated that this would be semi-plot driven but mostly sandbox...mind if I ask what the general plot line will be aside from the obvious?

I had originally planned this for 6 characters, but we can squeeze in a 7th.

Semi-plot driven is that there is an underlying story that I have in mind and will nudge people toward. It's not goin to be (or should not be) all about sex, but life as a teenager in the 50's. There's lots of things for a 16-17 year old to get into in a relatively small town that doesn't involve sex. The plot is, essencially growing and learning about the world from the prespective of a teenager in the 50's.  If that makes any sense. What the characters do during this is up to them.

Quote from: eiselmann on March 23, 2013, 01:08:06 AM
Just out of curiosity is there a particular part of the states this story will be set....state or area?

There's no set location or state, although I had invisioned it to be somewhere in the south-east of the US, perhaps someplace in the mid-west as well. The location is a smallish town... say about 50,000 people with areas around it that allows for "exploration" and quiet places as well as neighborhoods and places to hang-out at when they aren't being bad in the river. ;)

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Photo

Character Name: Penny Gwenth Gardner
Birthday: March Eleventh
Physical Description: She has an angular face that comes from German, French, and Norweigen blood. A defined jawline creases off her jagged lines well. She seems to have a practiced way of holding her expression, as if she is making her cheekbones blend into her eye-sockets on careful slopes on purpose. Her brows hold an exceptional amount of emotion with-in them, she's always angling them one way or another to help with the childish, if not incredibly devious lines on her face. Her hair is dirty blonde, and naturally wavy, but she'll do anything to tame it

Penny is pushing five and a half feet. She likes to wear shoes with large heels in order to make up for her minor height problem. Although, despite this preference she usually wears flats for comfort and practicality. There's a classic nature about this bombshell. She prefers to have her hair up, and cover herself accordingly. But, most days, those two go by the wayside. Penny has lush curves that bend in a longer shape than her height would imply. She's a small girl. The path from her breasts to her waist and down to her hips is less like an hourglass, and more like a low rolling hill. Her large breasts define her for most people. Nude, she's almost awkwardly small next to her over-sized C-cups.

Personality: Penny really does like to enjoy herself. She considers herself to be an absolute wiz in conversation. Coming from a Catholic household, Penny is the sixth of nine children. She developed her own righteous personality early on. She had managed an odd middle ground between family outcast and loyal child. Having a brother in jail, and a pregnant younger sister didn't hurt. Penny could smell like a cigarette once ever couple of weeks and get away with it as if she were trying a new perfume. So, this rubs off on her in regular social circumstances. She likes to push people's boundaries, and test them. She likes to challenge human behavior, and clarify where she stands among friends and enemies. She's lovable, but she's scary. In the right mood, Penny can offer a massage and lend an ear to the most broken of hearts with an empathetic smile on her face. In the wrong mood, she can lead a man astray, and strand him without a heart left to depend on.

In a way -Penny is evil. She is selfish in a way that she can never understand, especially at this age. She's not religious at all. But she could fool her closest friend or sibling if she ever wanted to. And that's the most challenging thing in the world for her to talk about.

Brief background: Her parents were each in their forties when Penny came into the house, so, her older brothers and sisters had a large part in aiding the family and raising the child. She seemed mostly behaved, and she was good at communicating. As she aged she did well with her schooling, and she was good with her chores, and her social manners. She blossomed early, in her freshmen year of high school. And, men had wanted her attention. They had wanted her attention too much it seemed.

She grew negative, and she closed herself off, without too much more than her family to keep her company. Penny had a conflict with herself then, and a spiritual crisis occurred for months that no-one knew about. She has journals from back then that would send an elder cardinal in to solitude. She developed horrifying nightmares, and she became paranoid. It took her two years to get out of the funk and return to the normal world.

She's made a new group of friends, and the timing is perfect.

Ons: vanilla honesty, modesty, polite behavior, large upper bodies (men), (secretly - fellatio)
Offs: rakish behavior, skinny boys,

More pictures NsfW-ish

Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Blinkin

Nice bunch so far. The only thing that I remind everyone of is that they are suppose to be pretty close friends. So, think about what binds them together.

I'm not sure about the "evil" thing as that would make it kinda hard to become close friends with  anyone who could trust her and part of the basis is that they trust each other enough to "Play around" with each other in ways that neither their parents, nor the schoolboard would find particularly acceptible. So, a bad girl is one thing, someone who has tendencies to stab friends in the back for the shere joy of it may be off putting.

Racism is alive and well, but (hopefully) the friends have gotten over that with each other... sort of like a bunch of teenagers not freaking out because there's a jew in the bunch. How you play it is up to you.

Things of note, People from estern Asia (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc) aren't thought of in very flattering ways due to family losses in both WW II and the Korean Conflict (What it was still called in 1955). The Conflict is still particularly fresh in the mind and few people can tel the difference between a chinese and a Japanese. Nearly everyone either knows someone personally, or of someone who has been in one or boht wars. One character background commented on loosing a father in WW II, a nice little point for bonding with someone else... a brother may of been lost in Korea, or even (Gasp!) One of them bbrought one of "them" home as a wife.

Anyway, the OOC thread is up, and it's here...

HERE
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Siereis

Character Name: Katie Henderson
Birthday: October 19
Physical Appearance: Katie is a relatively slender girl even for her age with more of a skinny, athletic look.  Sporting 'fiery' red hair that is of medium length and straight, she tends to keep her hair up in a ponytail most of the time.  Because of her hair's color it tends to be the first thing people notice about her.  Katie has slighly tanned, healthy looking skin and no freckles.  Despite having small curves she is actually surprisingly tall and stands at 5'7.  Because of her father's background in the military she is quite physically fit and it shows in her well defined arms and legs.

Katie is by no means a 'girly' girl.  Because of this her fashion sense usually leads her to dress in clothes designed for comfort or utility over appearance.  Rarely is she seen in a dress or heels, but when she does she tends to act obviously uncomfortable.  Most commonly, Katie can be seen wearing jeans and a button down shirt with a solid pair of shoes.  This sense of fashion does not mean she is without the desire to be attractive though so she usually expresses her girlish side obviously.

Background:  Katie is relatively new in town, only moving to ____ the previous year as her father took up a military job nearby.   Her mother died a while ago and her father, having the military background he did, remained too busy to remarry.  Along with hee two older brothers who went off to college a few years ago, the Henderson household is empty.  Raised more like her brothers and because she has moved so frequently as she grew up, Katie has developed a hard time expressing any 'soft' emotions towards others and tends to come across as tom-boyish.

Given that she has moved around so much, Katie has become quite adept at introducing herself to new people.  She has only lived here a year but is already relatively close with a few other students.

Personality:  Katie has been moved from school to school ever since her mother died a decade ago.  Living with just her military-minded single father and two older brothers, she has had little opportunity or exposure to develping a tradition woman personality.  Her father, a corporal in the army who works in-state, has only reinforced her personality.  Katie has been taught from an early age to be competitive and strong willed.  Because of this she sometimes can come across as stubborn but she means well enough.  Additionally she has a hard time expressing her emotions though she is not quiet and shy either...if she feels something strongly enough...you'll know!  Lastly, because her father has instilled in her a sense of distrust of foreigners, particularly Asians, she can sometimes come across slightly racist though she doesn't usually truely believe most of that 'stuff'.

Character On's: teasing, rough-housing, competition, (secretly) being treated as a girl, (secretly) dressing up
Character Off's: shy people, people with no morals, drama

Blinkin

Quote from: Siereis on March 23, 2013, 06:45:34 AM
Ok great.  I'll start working on a character and get it up soon.  Once again, if you feel like this rp would be better suited for 6 instead of 7 just let me know...no pressure.

in progress

Character Name: Katie Henderson
Birthday: October 19
Physical Appearance: Katie is a relatively slender girl even for her age with more of a skinny, athletic look.  Sporting 'fiery' red hair that is of medium length and straight, she tends to keep her hair up in a ponytail most of the time.  Because of her hair's color it tends to be the first thing people notice about her.  Katie has slighly tanned, healthy looking skin and no freckles.  Despite having small curves she is actually surprisingly tall and stands at 5'7.  Because of her father's background in the military she is quite physically fit and it shows in her well defined arms and legs.
Personality:
Brief Background:
Character On's:
Character Off's:

Hmmm... Danny may of found his crush. ;)

As the ratio is again slightly one sided, some girl may have to share, or all of them may want to share for the shere taboo of it. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

azzmeister89

Character Name: Nathan "Nate" Makenzie

Birthday: September 26

Physical Appearance: roughly six foot tall with dark eyes and a cheerful expression, his hair is dark brown and constantly messy (picture to come soon)

Personality: generaly cheerful, Nate is seen as a down to earth "go with the flow" kind of guy, his passion for music and the fact that he's an apprentise mechanic means that he can relax more then others due to his easy going manner and his already budding career.

Brief background: Born as the son of a brittish nobleman, Nate spent the first seven years of his life living in the English country side with his Brittish father and American mother. Nate quickly became friends with a young japanese boy who was the son of a employee of his fathers and they had become so close they were like brothers.

When Japan attacked pearl harbour, Nate's father was sent to America where he was working on a secret project which later turned out to be the nucular attack on Japan. During that time, all of the Asian families working in the household were sent back to Japan and as a result, Nate's friend was killed in the Hiroshima bombing. They had both been seven at the time.

Nate hated his father so much for this that he left and went with his mother to America to live with his uncle who has been teaching him the trade of Auto Mechanics.

Ons: flirting, forplay, Asian women, passionate romance

Offs: toilet play, pain, bondage

Anything else you want to add?: Nate still has retained his English accent despite having been in America for ten years and because of what his father did and his already understanding nature he stands up to people who are in anyway racest, especialy to those of the Asian community.

Siereis

Quote from: Blinkin on March 23, 2013, 09:32:36 AM
Hmmm... Danny may of found his crush. ;)

As the ratio is again slightly one sided, some girl may have to share, or all of them may want to share for the shere taboo of it. ;)

Well maybe some of the girls are attracted to other girls..maybe.

azzmeister89

Now that is a fun thought

Blinkin

But something that would be exceptionally unforgiving for the time period. Lesbianism was as fast to get one shunded in the society as homosexuality was, and the act may end up being viewed really badly, along the lines of burning black churches bad, in the 1950's. It may be too far to go with the group of friends, but it's up to the characters.

Something to consider, a boy-friend might view it as bad as if she might if he cheated on her. Its quite a blow to his ego at an age where ego is just about crushed anyway. hehe

Please take this one to the OOC board. As soon as Kate's character is done, we'll try to get the last bits of backstory down and begin.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Siereis

In terms of homosexuality I was mostly joking...probably not going to throw in any of that unless it actually comes up.

My character is done for now so give her a quick glance over and let me know if any changes need to be done or added.  Thanks.

Blinkin

We are still open to 1 more male character, if there are any takers.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

BlackestKnight

I may be inclined to present something, if you need a character...

Blinkin

If you are inclined, you're welcome. If you require a need, there's a post saying we could use one more. :)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.