Raistlin-type mage

Started by Purple, April 27, 2006, 11:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple

I'd like someone who would be willing to play a mage similar to that of Raistlin in the DragonLance novels.  He fascinates me--the power, the sarcasm, the hurt, the conflict, and yet he's quite capable of love.  I would like to bring that out in play.  Any questions?
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

PhoenixBlaze

*Is long time Dragonlance fan and holds up hand, peering around for anyone else*
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4449.0

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

Purple

If you wouldn't care to be doing another DL with me then that's fine with me.  I'm glad that somebody out there is as big a fan as I am.   :)
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Elvi

Hell read those a century ago, or so it seems now, at what stage are you going to have him?
Not the sickly wheezy stage I trust? *grins*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Purple

I think he's very...stimulating...at all stages actually.  I'm not sure exactly how it will play out yet.  But I can't wait to try.   :)

Elvi

Well he does have his apeal, but he is quite sickly all the way through really isn't he?

I tell you who is a very good candidate for this role and that is Glaberzubane, he is playing a very similar character in a one on one with me.
"Tempting the Temptress"

Purple

Actually he's only sickly for about half the time.  As a child he was in ill health, but it wasn't until he gave up part of life to Fistandantilus that he became really weak.  And of course, he had his herbs which helped.  Once he went back and killed Fistandantilus he was strong again.  So then, depending on the book and such...but anyway...He could easily be one way or the other or both.

And send him my way if you think he'd be interested.  I'm so fascinated by this idea that I would gladly play more than one.   :)

Elvi

Wouldn't it be better if you went his way?
I can recommend, but I don't command.

Purple

It probably would be better, but I'm too shy!  I can get quite naughty once I know someone, but I don't yet feel comfortable approaching someone I don't know.  Strange I know, but that's me.  Anyhow, if you like you can mention that this is over here in case he might be interested.  But you don't have to say anything if you don't want to.  I won't be upset either way, I'm too easygoing for that.   :)

Elvi

I'm sorry Purple, I have just re-read what I said in that last post and it sounded short verging on bloody rude.

Let me try it again.

Wouldn't it be better if you dropped him a PM yourself?
Have a look at his writing and character portrayal in the thread I pointed out and if you like it, then just ask him.
If I did it, I would feel like I was telling him that he had to play a game with you and I am never happy in the go between role.

As for your last post?
Well, you managed to get on here, you have posted your request and asked for players, so you've done pretty well for one who is shy. So why not take that extra step?
Even when I first came on here, I was never turned down in a rude or offhand manner, when I spoke to someone about playing with them, people here are reasonably amiable and won't tell you to sod off. If they are interested in a game they will play, if it's not their cup of tea, or they are too committed already, then they will say so and no hard feelings.

So go on...... I dare you....you know you want to! *grins*

Purple

Oh I didn't feel like you were rude at all.  I was not offended in any way.   :)

I know...I've taken some big first steps!  But I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet.  The furthest I've gone is actually PMing to possibly get to join some games.  I'll think about it, but just not sure I'm ready.

And I didn't mean to imply that you should have to act as a go-between like that.  I'm not very eloquent and so sometimes my meaning gets lost in me trying to say something in a way that will make sense to other non-dumb-blonde people!   ;D

If I get up the courage, great.  If he stumbles upon and is interested, great.  Otherwise I don't think that either one of us should worry our heads about it.   :)

And yes, I do kind of want to...and a dare is often enough to get me to do something...we shall see if my pride or my shyness wins... 

indarkestknight

*blushes*

Wow. I've been recommended by a goddess. *resists the unworthiness threatening to wash me away*

Well, milady, it would be a most singular pleasure to attempt to fulfill your desires, though I fear my knowledge of Dragonlance if sorely lacking (*coughnonexistentbeyonditbeingaD&Dworldcough*). Whatever I may do to be of use to you, let me know.

Oh, and, that said...

I dare you to PM me back.  ;)

Ellyssa

He comes well recommended.. he's fun. :D

but Dragonlance.. eww.. FR for me. But anyway good luck :)

Purple

I adventure in the Realms...a lot!   :)  And I love the novels, but there's something about DL that keeps pulling my back to read the original trilogy.  And of course, there's my attraction to Raist, my desire to be a kender like Tas, Sturm's honor, etc., etc.  I could preach all night.   :)

Elvi

OH! Look!
Glab has replied!
*lol*
I feel like a dating agency now.....

And Tasslehoff Burfoot......Oh he was so lovley....*smiles*.....My cat was named after him, we had two brothers, Tass and Tanis.

Purple

Elvi that is so awesome, I never thought of that!  When I finally get a Lab I'm going to name him Tas!  :)  There's nothing like a bit of comic relief in the midst of a hair-raising battle.  Thank the good lord for Pippin and Legolas and Gimli in LOTR.  But I should be careful or else I'll start quoting.   :)

Glabrezubane, dare taken.   :)

indarkestknight

*grin* I noticed, and I admit that I'm quite pleased at the opportunity.

Elvi

*huffs*

As long as a certain dark enchantress is not cast asside like some poor waif in a storm?

indarkestknight

*laughs and hugs*

A certain dark enchantress pretending to be a poor waif, you mean?  ;) I'll get right to it, milady- just been busy with a flurry of games lately...

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Purple on April 28, 2006, 01:47:50 AM
I adventure in the Realms...a lot!   :)  And I love the novels, but there's something about DL that keeps pulling my back to read the original trilogy.  And of course, there's my attraction to Raist, my desire to be a kender like Tas, Sturm's honor, etc., etc.  I could preach all night.   :)

If you are intrested to adventure in realms, come stop by and check my game https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=70.0

WARNING! DL SPOILERS AHEAD!

WARNING! DL SPOILERS AHEAD!

Anycase I am familiar whit DL but I had read them SO long ago, evne including the newest book about golden eyed priestess which was as I recall raised by the priestess Moonshine (smite me if I spelled her name wrong :P) and becomed priestess of Takhis. Anycase I think Raistlin cool also and in the one series there WAS suspicion he had a daughter, but like he said; "I damn would remember a moment whit a woman and I do not remember any such memory so you cannot be my daughter." (or somewhere that lines went his reply to the woman who said that his mother had descriped that man like Raistlin had made her pregnant in some tavern room in cold region and Raistlin did admit he has been same region during the same time but said he did not see any woman who looked to be girl's mother)

Also in the Twins or some other series was found out that Raistlin DID have crush to someone in his youth (in home village) but the woman was more intrested to Raistlin's brother and Raistling caught them kissing in a barn (well more than that) and that was probally one of the reasons why Raistlin did not like his bro that much (and I wonder why he lived this long :P).

Purple

I will check out your game...I don't believe I've read one about Moonshine.  It is curious to know for certain whether or not he had a daughter.  Caramon, of course, refuses to believe it.   :)

Raistlin did, in fact, love his brother even though it was a warped love.  That's why he never did anything to Caramon, though he came close I believe, especially through lack of action, to at least causing Caramon's death.  The original trilogy is my favorite and the Twins trilogy my second favorite, go figure.  :)  Anyway...off to check your game...

Jester

Did you find anyone to play Raistlin?

its been a while since i read those boooks....

Purple

Not exactly.  Something similar, but not quite.  I just reread the three in the Chronicles trilogy about a month ago.  Still completely in love with Raistlin.  :)  If you'd like to try something with a character like him, just let me know.

Jester

I think i would worry I wouldnt do him justice...

Purple

Playing Raistlin himself would be very difficult, there's so much that makes up who he is, so many conflicts, that it would be hard.  You can try something that is just similar if you like, or you don't have to worry about it at all either.  :)