Past Lives(Interest Check)

Started by Urbanzorro, June 09, 2010, 02:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

IC

Time Begins, then time ends, and then time begins once again. It is happening now, it has happened before, it will surely happen again - Words of the Time Profit.

Some stories, destinies, and even some loves are too great to be told, to be fulfilled, to exist in only one lifetime and their echos can be heard through all time. And stories both old and new, both completed and untold find themselves colliding, merging, becoming one, becoming new, and at the same time becoming old. Fate has conspired that our tale be one such story, destined to be told between two lifetimes, in two separate lands, each member of our story being two people...and yet one.

And so our tale can be broken up into two parallel stories.

The Dreams:

Rose Wood, USA 2010 A.D.

It is the end of the school year, and the students at Rose Wood High School are looking forward to their summer vacation. All the year's work is through and all that remains is a bit of fun, namely a combined class trip for the senior and junior class! Thanks to their cooperation they will be flying to Hawaii to spend a week in the sun.

But beneath this exterior their lays a twist. Several of the students, as well as some of the faculty find themselves having strange dreams. Dreams of a time long past, where they are not themselves but someone else, and where they have a destiny to fulfill. They have no idea that other people are experiencing the same dream, the same story, from the eyes of different people within the dream. All they know is that for some reason. Every night the dreams feel less and less like dreams.....and more like memories.

The Chase:

Feudal China

Disaster has struck, the crown prince's future wife has gone missing! Kidnapped in the middle of the night, a search of the city has revealed that she has most likely been taken from the royal city to places as of yet unknown. In response to this the king has ordered that she be found at all costs. The prince has taken his own elite guard to hunt down the princess. In addition the king has dispatched his most trusted general. Why was the princess taken? What will her captor do with her? Will the princess be saved? or will she be lost to the kingdom for all time?

OOC

Ok so this is my idea for what I hope will be a very interesting role play! And something rather different/uncommon. Basically it will tell two different stories at the same time, one of them about a group of ordinary high school kids and faculty who find themselves in an extraordinary situation. And the other about several people in feudal china. If you're interested so far, then please keep reading and I'll explain how this will/should work.

I will be breaking this game up into two threads. One thread will follow the modern day story, and the other will follow the one set in feudal china. In addition to this I'll be posting up an OOC thread and a character thread.

The stories will be intertwined each character in the modern day story will find themselves as a person within the story set in feudal china, they will not look or sound like themselves, and as such they won't be recognizable to any of the other modern characters. Nor will they know that the others are having the same dream(at least at first).

Now you're probably asking yourself how I intend to make this work. And I'm going to tell you. Each player will be playing 2 characters. 1 will be the modern day student/faculty member who they will choose, and the other will be the feudal Chinese warrior/princess/ect who I will assign randomly and who no one else will know about. This will be accomplished very simply each player won't be posting in the feudal thread/posting their feudal character up on the character thread. I will. That is to say that they will write up their post for the feudal thread as normal/assemble it any way they like ect ect. Then instead of posting they'll pm it to me and I'll post it up without quoting. So that the writer can't be identified. I'm hoping that this will add a bit of mystery/"who's who?" to the story. Other than that its a standard free form role play. I'll be moving the story along and keeping things organized by breaking each story into chapers. For example chapter one of the modern story will be about each character waking up on the day of the trip and getting to the air port, Chapter 2 will be about the flight/what happens then. While chapter one will in the feudal story will be about the princess discovering she has been kidnapped and about the other characters setting off after her ect. I'll be the one responsible for deciding when a chapter ends and the next begins and I'll do it by asking who's ready in the OOC thread and then doing it once everyone is ready to move onto the next stage.

Hopefully I've made that clear. If you're interested here are the character sheets.

For modern characters you can be anyone who is either a senior or junior in high school and doesn't violate any of E's rules, or you can be a member of the faculty. I'd like at least one but no more than two faculty members.

Modern Character Sheet

Name:
Bio
Any Other Physical descriptions(i.e. do they have a limp, different hair color ect ect)
Player's Limits
Feudal Characters You're NOT willing to play (i.e. are you a guy and you don't want to play a girl? ect)

You'll post this one up on the character thread as soon as it's done and I'll randomly assign you one of the feudal characters and send you a pm telling you which one you got.

The Feudal characters available are

The Prince's Bride, aka our kidnap victim(Must be a female character)
The Kidnapper(Can be a male or female character)
Assassin(Can be a male or female character)
General(Can be a male or female character)
The Prince(Must be a male character)
Kidnapper's Slave(Can be a male or female character)

Feudal Chinese Character Sheet

Roll
Name:
Bio
Any Other Physical descriptions(i.e. do they have a limp, different hair color ect ect)

You'll pm me this one and I'll post it up on the characters thread.

Hopefully this generates some interest. I'll post up the character and OOC thread once I get at least 3 people besides myself interested in playing a character.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Question Mark

INTERESTED verily much so!

please do win accept me from RP into community por favor.

((In other words, I'd like to be in this roleplay.  I'll work on some character concepts while we continue to accrue interest.))

Bloody Rose

Wow, very interesting roleplay. I thought I was swamped but a new spot has just been filled up *Grins*

Zealously Jaded

I'm interested as well :) definatly an interesting concept.

Urbanzorro

I'm glad to have all three of you :D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Bloody Rose

Image:
Name: Jessica Anzaker
Personality: She is a very cheerful girl, she likes to have fun and be silly always making jokes and doing pranks. However when needed she can be very serious and can take things seriously. She is known to be the class secrets holder, she knows most secrets of almost everybody and she never tells.
Bio:
She was born in Seattle, ever since little she has been a troublemaker. She loved to play pranks on people and scare them half to death. She did not cared if she hurt people she just loved to have fun taking nothing seriously. One day though something happened that changed the way she acted forever. Her mother was coming home one day and Jessy put on splashed some ketchup on her dress and lay on the floor with a knife stained by ketchup as well. As her mother hurried to her thinking something was wrong she scared her wich caused a heart attack and the death of her mother.

Since his father was dead before she was born she went into foster care, she changed a lot and now she actually cared for people. She suppressed that memory and everybody knew her as the cheerful girl who likes to scare people and do pranks. She knew where not to go though she will not do the same mistake of scaring another person to death.

As she went through foster parent to foster parent she ended up with a rather nice family in Rosewood. She went to school there and quickly became accepted by the class. She did not changed being the same cheerful girl that was before but blocking the past that she killed her mother. The class came to love her and cheer with her not knowing of her dark past and her difficult life because of how she was.

Any Other Physical descriptions: Red hair and blue eyes make her kinda unique. She has a scar on her chest. One of her Foster parent beat her and burned her with a cigar.

Player's Limits: Other than death or extreme gore/vore I am good with anything.

Feudal Characters You're NOT willing to play:  Willing to rp anything

CrazyIvan

Urbanzorro I like your idea for the game, as I do your other ones. If you still have room I would like to make a character and join the game.

RomanSoldier

Wow this seems really cool. I am very highly interested if you will have me!

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Here's the link for the character thread. Feel free to post up your high school characters now. but please don't post up your feudal Chinese ones. P.M. them to me and I'll put them up.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71624.0

Well I feel foolish, for some reason the link didn't go up....Anyways here it is! As soon as you post up your modern character I'll be able to message you with your feudal one.

Alright the game is currently full.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kineas

Are you still accepting characters? I'd love to be a part of this~ I realize it's a bit of a necro post, but sue me for hoping.