SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josietta

Lunar should be along shortly to answer your questions. For now I'll do my best...

The wiki has a lot of info on it. Theres also a new page on the wiki called FAQ, that gives all the answers to questions asked here in the interest thread.

The Game hasn't started yet but there is an OOC up.

The game prefers PVE to PVP but as always there can be intercharacter drama and such.

Both LunarSage and Michael Corvus are GMs and are always open to questions and helping with character creations and such.

As far as I know they are still looking for players and it is very new player friendly. its open to any and all types of players.

PS. My signature leads to the Wiki. 

Quote from: LunarSage on January 10, 2013, 07:59:06 PM
OOC THREAD is up.

That is all.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

LunarSage

Quote from: Moraline on January 11, 2013, 10:36:43 AM
First, I have to say that I'm completely overwhelmed by the 40 pages in this thread and it's lead me to this -> I'm sorry but there are way too many incoherent posts that have nothing to do with the game here. I can't tell what's going on.

Hey there Moraline!

We'd love to have you join us.  We thought about the fact that these pages are a lot of chatter to wade through and that's why we added all the important GM announcements to the first post of this thread, as well as a FAQ section to the WIKI with every important question and answer for players, new and old to peruse.  :-)

QuoteI've been looking at this off/on for days. I want to play but...

Are you still looking for players?

Our recruitment will be ongoing for the time being.

QuoteHow new player friendly is this?

I would say it's very new player friendly.  Technically all our players are new to the game.  We only opened recruitment on December 31st.

QuoteDo you have OOC mentors that are willing to help new players to join? (I don't want to get dropped into a world I only have a passing familiarity with and just end up twiddling my thumbs. - or getting killed, is that even possible?)

MichaelCorvus and I, as GMs are more than happy to help you to dip your toe into the setting if you'd like.  Other than us, I'm sure there are more than a few players who would be willing to do the same.

PCs cannot and will not actually die unless the player of said PC agrees to it.  There will still be danger and still be medical bills... and as far as your character knows, he or she can die, but telling someone their character is dead is in my mind a form of godmodding.  This isn't a true system game.  I hope that made sense.

QuoteIs there PvP in this game?

If there is, each person's basic stats and gear should be compared and the result of the fight agreed upon in PMs beforehand.  Even if a character loses, they can still look cool doing it.  It's all about the RP.

That said, I don't forsee loads of PvP in this game.  Shadowrunners tend to band together for the most part, at least nominally.

QuoteHas the game already started?

No.  The true IC threads will be created tomorrow, so we have not begun yet.

New players are welcome to jump in at any point.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Crash

The game looks like a lot if fun.  I will look over all the info and get something submitted as soon as I can.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

LunarSage

Sweetness.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with.  :-)

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Moraline

Quote from: Crash on January 14, 2013, 12:23:11 PM
The game looks like a lot if fun.  I will look over all the info and get something submitted as soon as I can.

Street Name: Capri
Metatype: Elf
Role: Street Samurai (Sniper)
Nuyen 5,402¥
Street Cred: 0
Time/Date: anytime you want me baby   
Tagged: whoever gets there first...   

Capri is looking forward to another runner joining the crew. She promises not to beat him up... but she makes no promises about not flirting with him.

Crash

Now to choose from former ganger turned rigger or former professor turned city shaman... Hmmm.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Dhi

Crash

undisclosedtoyou

I agree with Dhi, both ideas sound absolutely fantastic!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

ReijiTabibito

Sorry for my long absence...stuff happened.  Hopefully I'm still welcome?

Josietta

If you haven't seen Lunar a sheet yet you might wanna do so. The game has started over in the Exotic Light Area of the Boards.. Shadowrun - Seattle 2070- OOC

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on January 14, 2013, 06:03:35 PM
Sorry for my long absence...stuff happened.  Hopefully I'm still welcome?

Of course you are.  :-)

Dhi

Quote from: Josietta on January 14, 2013, 06:17:45 PM
If you haven't seen Lunar a sheet yet you might wanna do so. The game has started over in the Exotic Light Area of the Boards.. Shadowrun - Seattle 2070- OOC
I hadn't noticed it was rated Light. I know Sept and Classic X-Men are rated NC, and I always thought that was sort of a "just in case" thing. Is there a reason for a lighter rating for this one?

Josietta

I think he wanted it rated as Light because of some of the players who aren't comfortable playing in NC even if NC doesn't ever come into play in game.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

If we ever have a need for NC/Bondage/Etc, we can always request for it to be moved.  That was my main reasoning.  :-)

Healergirl

Monitoring this with great interest.

A suggestion:  Create a side stories thread in extreme for the rough stuff to happen off camera, but available for the reading enjoyment of the other players.  Use tags to keep track of who is with whom.

LunarSage

Quote from: Healergirl on January 15, 2013, 07:33:11 AM
Monitoring this with great interest.

A suggestion:  Create a side stories thread in extreme for the rough stuff to happen off camera, but available for the reading enjoyment of the other players.  Use tags to keep track of who is with whom.

Heya HG!  :-)

You know joo want to plaaaaaaaaay...  ;)

The problem with that is when we go big game, all the threads have to go in the same subforum and that'll have to be in one section.

Healergirl

LunarSage,

You know me well, hon.  I do, I do.

Yes, that is a problem, all the threads have to be grouped.  Shadowrun is just made for rough and kinky stuff.  I spotted that the first time I read it.

Hmmm.  The game in extreme, but say clearly and often that the hard stuff is optional, if somebody does not want to go there, they don't go there and if they complain about being pressured, the consequences will be dire for the person who will not take no for an answer?

Crash

Problem is some players will not play in the NC section period.  They may play in bondage section, but you would have to ask them.

Healergirl

Crash, very true.

So... any rough stuff is completely off camer, PMbetween players involved, then.  Just suggestions or consideration of course.  i am sore tempted to join this, but not ready to commit.

Crash

So what you are saying is you want to be wooed. ;)

Question: I did not notice any build/repair or electronics in the skill list.  Can we still take them?  Hard to be a Rigger without them. :)

Dhi

I had put under Lottie's "interests" interrogation roleplay, which would be a BDSM thing and possibly too strong for the Light category. I should have paid attention to the game rating. I don't know that Lottie will ever have a sex scene, but if she does, it sounds like I should not pursue the BDSM elements. They would not be especially tame.

Healergirl

Wooed?  Tempting.  But I'm not playing hard to get, I just want to be sure I have the time to devote to the game.

Crash