[nWoD] Supernatural

Started by RubySlippers, October 19, 2008, 12:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Well I will arrange two threads on in the clean games for the time being since its not going to be more than the TV show, I see no reason not to do so there.

Character generation and house rules will be first then I'll send you to that and an character sheet location will follow. I want this going by Friday.

Remember there will be no graphic rape, slicing and dicing over the normal stabbing, staking and the like and we will FADE TO BLACK if needed like if some poor woman is mutilated by a sick cultist there will be dramatic screams and implied "oh my god what is he doing to her" but nothing graphic. Think TV evening PG-13 at all times.

You're the GM. :) Though, at some point, I wouldn't mind doing a more unhinged Supernatural RP. But I have no problem at all doing this one your way!

RubySlippers

Not all games with mature players has to devolve into that, the show is lots of fun and not all adultish.

RubySlippers

You and the other player can use the character creation thread to work out your characters he is new so may need some help but coordinating your characters would be a good idea.

And we can use another player.

Fragile Dreams

So what should we write down in our character creation? What's basic for you to know? I could track a character sheet from vampire and use the character creation from there.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

That's a good question... structured character creation isn't something I'm used to, so I'll need a sheet or some guidance or something.

RubySlippers

Attributes 5/4/3 (get +1 to any one attribute)

Skills 11/7/4 (three general specialties, three others MUST be Hunter related - example of the first Drive (cars) of the latter Occult (magical rituals)).

Merits 11

Xp Chart the Same as Vampire

Of course no blood points.

I don't know what Vampire chart this is you're talking about, lol. ^^; My noobness knows no bounds!

RubySlippers

The spending xp for advanced characters is basically the same save for disciplines and the vampirey ones.

Can you point me to an example?

Fragile Dreams

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Should I go ahead and craft a newbie hunter? Ruby, you mentioned another faction and some devious plans, so I dunno if I should make one without knowing quite what you meant.

RubySlippers

No this is NEW World of Darkness whole different system.

Lets see if someone with the book shows any interest and try to find some internet resources for that system there has to be something.

Alrighty, I'll put it on hold then.

Fragile Dreams

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

RubySlippers

Suitable character she now we need a Merit list.

The Great Triangle

A quick list of the most common and useful merits:

Allies: (1-5 dots per faction)  How much people in a particular faction (like homeless, or organized crime) like you

Common Sense: (4 dots) Your character is fully aware of the tropes of the horror genre.

Eidetic Memory: (2 dots) Your character can remember most anything flawlessly

Giant: (4 dots)  Your character is over 2 meters tall and incredibly physically robust

Gunslinger: (3 dots) Your character can effectively use two guns at once

Iron Stamina: (1-3 dots)  Your character's resistance to pain)

Resources: (1-5 dots)  How much money you have

Retainer: (1-5 dots per retainer)  People who will do just about anything for you.  Their competence is based on their cost.

Status: (1-5 dots per orginization, can usually only have 3 or more dots in one orginization)  How much authority you have in a group like the City Police or the U.S. Army

Stunt Driver: (3 dots) Your character can carry out actions while driving at a much smaller penalty.

Unseen Sense: (3 dots) Your character can detect a certain type of supernatral activity

Conversion cost from xp to merit dots:

1 dot merit: 2xp
2 dot merit: 6 xp
3 dot merit: 12 xp
4 dot merit: 20 xp
5 dot merit: 30 xp

Skills: 3 x new dot
Attributes: 5 x new dot
Skill Specialties: 3 each

Also, if supernatural powers will be included as merits in this game, then I can also list some of the powers from Second Sight.  (Generally weak things like chair budging telekinesis, GM fiat precognition, and subtle enchantments)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

H'okay dokay! I've been approved. This looks like it's starting to come together, but I think I'll need some guidance when it comes to character creation.

RubySlippers

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=23332.0

House merits and some rules for PC generation. Psychic is a rather pricey merit but gives you access to a Talent Psychic and you can add a specialty (telekinesis is not a psychic power) think of the show such as shielding yourself with your power or communing with spirits or talking to animals. Has to be fairly lower key. The one guy has demon blood and a special power to rip demons out of bodies and take them out. Its out of your league.

The Great Triangle

Name: Janus Wysse
Concept: Millionaire Playboy
Virtue: Faith
Vice: Greed

Strength: 2    Intellegence: 3   Presence: 4
Dexterity: 2              Wits: 3   Manipulation: 2
Stamina: 3          Resolve: 2   Composure: 2

Empathy: 2
Persuasion: 3
   Socialize: 4  (carousing)
Subterfuge: 2

Academics: 4 (publishing)
     Politics: 2
      Occult:2

Brawl: 1
      Drive: 3  (Aircraft, Helicopters)
Weaponry: 1 (fencing)
  Firearms: 1

Merits: Resources 5, Barfly, Fame 1

(15 xp spent on Stamina 3, 6 xp spent on Occult 2, 6 xp spent on drive specialties, 3 xp spent on Firearms 1, 3xp spent on Brawl 1, 2 xp spent on Fame)

Initiative: 4  Health: 8  Defense: 2  Speed: 9  Willpower: 4  Morality: 7

Equipment: Fencing Saber, Sports-Car-of-the-Month, Service Helicopter, Private Jet, Luxury Yacht, Tickets to every major sporting event for the next 6 months.

Background: Janus is a fairly obscure figure in the world of publishing, and he's probably better off if he keeps it that way.  All he knows is that a shadowy organization pays him outrageous sums of money to track down supernatural events, then make sure that they get reported in such a ham handed fashion by the tabloids that nobody will ever believe they actually happened.  For this simple service, he gets enough money to buy pretty much anything he desires.  Sometimes he suspects his employers don't even understand the value of the checks they're writing. 

In many ways, Janus is a mediocre man.  He cuts a dashing figure in his exquisitely tailored suits, and looks for all the world like a modern day devil with his short black beard.  His profession cuts directly against the heart of journalism and into the sordid world of pop infotainment.  He's seen some weird shit, he knows what lurks in the shadows, but he'll be damned if he lets people find out about it.  Sure, the first priority is to keep people safe.  But after that, he wants to make sure that they don't panic.  That they stay protected.

Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Money helps. Nice character need more victims ,er, Hunters.

See this guy for special ammo and expensive needs for the team.