#ElliquiyProblems

Started by Fury Aphrodisia, September 24, 2016, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Finding someone who has a similar idea to one you desperately want to play. Then fretting after sending the invitation that something in your various writings and threads will turn them off.

#ElliquiyProblems
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Chi

Wanting to write with everybody!

#ElliquiyProblems
~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~

Caedy

No New Games At This Time
A/A updated Important: 6/2/17
Caedy's Pretty Things (SFW&NSFW)
Blog: My Bullet Journal Journey
Word of the Day
~...still like air, I'll Rise...~ Maya Angelou

Hob

When you are a hair, just a veritable hair away from being completely caught up with all of your roleplays everywhere, when you feel you can take that one solid breath of accomplishment of having answered all of your partners...

... and your eyes start to go on you because you've been staring at the screen for far, far too long.

#ElliquiyProblems

Verasaille

OH!!! You are all caught up, thinking to relax and you are inundated with a flood of new plot bunnies!! You really can't take on a few more rps....can you?

#Elliquiyproblems
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Elysian Radiance

When, after a year, you finally have an idea for a 1:1 and you are ready to take it in instead of staying just with group games... and then you get zero interest in it. Way to kill a muse.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Hob

Quote from: Verasaille on November 13, 2016, 10:48:01 PM
OH!!! You are all caught up, thinking to relax and you are inundated with a flood of new plot bunnies!! You really can't take on a few more rps....can you?

#Elliquiyproblems

That would be pretty much the third Tuesday of every month...

Commenting on someone else's post/comment/picture in a Finders & Seekers thread... only to realize that you've commented to the wrong person...

#Elliquiyproblems

Nowherewoman

Wanting to check to see if that first, sweet post in your new game has gone up yet- but you're away from home and your phone battery has bitten it.

#ElliquiyProblems
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Hob

Quote from: Nowherewoman on November 14, 2016, 02:00:59 PM
Wanting to check to see if that first, sweet post in your new game has gone up yet- but you're away from home and your phone battery has bitten it.

#ElliquiyProblems

Nnnnooooooooo!

Nico

Being called 'intimidating'

#ElliquiyProblems

RedRose

Quote from: Nicholas on November 15, 2016, 03:08:18 AM

#ElliquiyProblems

BTDT. I choose to take it as "having standards" ;)
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

RedRose

Being so engrossed in a pm convo that you forget someone is coming over until they text you about being there in 5 minutes

#ElliquiyProblems
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]

Hob

Quote from: Nicholas on November 15, 2016, 03:08:18 AM

#ElliquiyProblems

Quote from: RedRose on November 15, 2016, 10:01:17 AM
BTDT. I choose to take it as "having standards" ;)

I'm six foot, 240 lbs, and I work in a martial arts school. "Intimidating" in the sparring ring or in a back alley is fine. "Intimidating" here, in a place where folks are trying to build a community and be friendly, approachable, and conscientious of one another? Not so much.

I know it's come up before, from lots of different corners, but it remains the same: the temptation to take just one more story... RPs are like popcorn for some of us, I think. We can't stop at just one.

#ElliquiyProblems

RedRose

If you ask why they call you "intimidating", it will often be about "writing a lot", or "long paragraphs", or your spelling, or things like that. Again, BTDT.

Oniya

Quote from: Justric on November 15, 2016, 01:23:01 PM
I'm six foot, 240 lbs, and I work in a martial arts school. "Intimidating" in the sparring ring or in a back alley is fine. "Intimidating" here, in a place where folks are trying to build a community and be friendly, approachable, and conscientious of one another? Not so much.

I'm 5'6 and clinging to my third digit.  Me being 'intimidating' in the real world is hysterical (and has happened - he was about your size and ex-military.  Not sure how that worked.)

OT:  Wishing you could try half of the yummies talked about in the SB, but your family is too picky to give them a chance.

#ElliquiyProblems.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Hob

Quote from: RedRose on November 15, 2016, 01:32:55 PM
If you ask why they call you "intimidating", it will often be about "writing a lot", or "long paragraphs", or your spelling, or things like that. Again, BTDT.

*Laughing at myself* Being old enough and un-hip enough that you have to look up what things like "BTDT" mean...

#ElliquiyProblems

RedRose

Quote from: Justric on November 16, 2016, 05:54:24 AM

*Laughing at myself* Being old enough and un-hip enough that you have to look up what things like "BTDT" mean...

#ElliquiyProblems

Good one!  ;D

Novak

really enjoying being on Elliquiy and starting a story you are really interested in and then real life kicks into overdrive and before you know it you've been gone a lot longer than you anticipated.  #ElliquiyProblems

Caedy

When you have replies waiting, but your muse is fixated, focused on one particular story idea and you keep refreshing your bookmarks looking for that new post but it hasn't come yet.  #ElliquiyProblems

P.S. I had to look up BTDT just to make sure I actually knew what it meant...yeah, it's been that kind of day.
No New Games At This Time
A/A updated Important: 6/2/17
Caedy's Pretty Things (SFW&NSFW)
Blog: My Bullet Journal Journey
Word of the Day
~...still like air, I'll Rise...~ Maya Angelou

RedRose

You need to turn off that comp but you just got the pm you were expecting so you don't. Even though you like, spent the day pming already #ElliquiyProblems

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Justric on November 16, 2016, 05:54:24 AM

#ElliquiyProblems
I'm 27... and I have no idea what that means lol... -goes to Google-

OH!

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

DominantPoet

Quote from: RedRose on November 15, 2016, 01:32:55 PM

Check, check, and check. Had all of those *laughs*

Also had the "Your request thread is REALLY long" for the first time recently.

Ralhend

Its quite addictive, and when indulged upon it sometimes makes you hallucinate.

Right now I think my computer screen is mumbling something to me, its sounds something along the lines of "go to bed Jackass... you have work in the morning."
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Elysian Radiance

Finding someone I may be compatible with only to see that their posting requirements are a great deal faster than I can post.

RedRose

Quote from: DominantPoet on November 16, 2016, 02:44:51 PM
Check, check, and check. Had all of those *laughs*

Also had the "Your request thread is REALLY long" for the first time recently.

That's fun. I've also had it recently for the first time. And yes it is! Because when it wasn't I kept getting VERY  off-topic suggestions... My cowriters can testify that I'm cool and easy to get along with :)