Well, This Is Strange...(Open to all)

Started by PleaseBeGentle, May 12, 2015, 04:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PleaseBeGentle

*WHOOSH*

"Oof!" You exhale as you hit the ground on your abdomen. Or is it the ground? You look down and see nothing. You scramble to a sitting position...except...on what or whom are you sitting? You think you're sitting up.

You look around but you see nothing. It is dark; so dark you can almost feel it pressing in on you, molding to your body. You think you hear footsteps, so you go still and listen. Nothing.

'Where am I?' You try to stand, but with no visual cues, you find it difficult to balance, ending on your knees. Have you gone blind? Are you deaf? You hear nothing. You extend your arms and feel around you - no walls, edges, definition. There's something under you that feels like a floor, but is it a floor or ceiling?

You decide to follow the "floor" on your hands and knees; after all, floors must meet walls, mustn't they?
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best night and day to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight and never stop fighting."
-e.e. cummings

O/Os: WhatAhWant WhatAhNeed - READ BEFORE YOU PM ME - OFFS ARE NON-NEGOTIABLE
A/As: Yeahhhhh...I Wouldn't Get Too Close If I Were You

PleaseBeGentle

As this is the Non-Sexual RP forum, please keep the language to PG-13 and no nekkidness. I know!

I will host this RP and I really want you to use your imagination (which is why we're here, I know). What do you do when you are dropped into (out of?) a dark "place"?
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best night and day to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight and never stop fighting."
-e.e. cummings

chanellelynn

((sounds interesting, though I have no idea where I will go from here haha))

The air felt stagnate, my breath shallow as I tried to intake more than I could consume. A sticky residue stuck to my fingers as I attempted to search for anything along this "floor." The soft thumps of footsteps echoed in my ears, what was that? I jumped slightly as a ringing accompanied my left ear, it painfully sits in there and causes me to buckle under. My body laid in a fetal position as the ringing fades away, but I couldnt tell if I was dizzy or not with the unbearable blackness before my eyes.

Attempt number two to stand up failed once more, my legs this time were jelly and the gravity felt wrong. The push of normal gravity felt strange, as if it was lighter and drawing me closer to my "ceiling," even though I was planted and pushed upon the floor beneath me with my feet. My legs were void of any means of strength for walking, I couldnt understand this. My mind reeled at the thought that I could be dead, as if the moment I was pushed somehow killed me.

After contemplating my actions and knowing my legs clearly aren't going to be used to get myself out of this, I sat upon my knees and closed my eyes. The blackness behind my eyelids made it more comfortable to sit here in the dark, and as I inhaled deeply I tried to calm my nerves.

"You are not dead..." I chanted softly, how could I be? I did not know even an ounce of truth in this situation, but I needed to calm down. What if I was lost? What if no one came to get me?
A few more deep breaths and I was calm enough to relax my muscles, allowing me to notice the muscles I was using to sit upon my knees felt odd. The same pull my center of gravity felt was in my muscles as well. I didnt notice before but I was constantly fighting the urge to lift up with my backside.

With another urge to search I began crawling again after opening my eyes, if I got used to the dark things might make more sense.

PleaseBeGentle

"Ahhhhhhh!" The ringing again, only both ears and louder. What is this? It's like being in an isolation tank, but no water. Wait, the isolation and the darkness --

What was that? Did something just brush against you? Did you just feel -- you still yourself. You listen. Nothing, but the sound of your own breathing. Just your own breathing, and --

Scratches. Faint, but audible.

If there are scratches, then that means there's a wall or a door. But where? You turn around and around, hoping that your eyes have adjusted to this dark and that you'll be able to see in it. Nothing. Dizzy, you settle yourself onto the floor with legs crossed.

The scratches again. Closer.  You turn your head, attempting to pinpoint the sound with your ears. And now the ringing. But it isn't tinnitus, it's an actual bell. Ringing. From your -- right? This is getting stranger and stranger.

The bell is getting louder. The scratches have subsided. And you hear a whisper.

"Who dares disturb Us?"
-e.e. cummings

chanellelynn

My bare knees clacked hard against the floor, their bony knots sore and chaffed. I winced in slight pain, imagining them to be red and raw. Time feels slow here as I keep crawling, how can it feel like hours when I've only gone a short ways?

My breath shallows as I sit still, my back arched up now in attempt at hearing anything new.

whomph a faint noise makes me tremble, a heavy noise that struck my right ear. Something was moving around besides me, striking a worse fear than being alone.

My hands tremble as I grasp my elbows in each one, feeling the goose pimples rise against my forearms. "sit still.." I think to myself, but my body is fearful.

A small ting in my left ear kept going in and out. Every other second the ting would sound and I'd just listen hoping it would move further away. The noise wasn't moving away, it hovered and the more I listened the more distinct it sounded.

My gulping was loud as I finally swallowed what little moisture was in my mouth. A whispered breath escapes as I try to muster up the courage to move somewhere and figure out my plan. The tinging was the same, but as I decided to move my right ear twitched.

"What...?" The feeling left right as I questioned it, and I went back to move towards my right.
A silence accompanies me once more as the tinging became quieter with moving on. As another moment passes a sudden prick on my ear makes me cringe and stop moving, my right ear itching in pain. "Ow!" I painfully moaned, what was that?

A frustrated head snap in the direction of the 'attack' did nothing for me, it was silent and eerily vacant. I didn't want that to happen again, something was telling me no. I sat still rubbing my ear, wondering my last question. As I did that a faint scratching was heard towards my left, my ears twitching in my mind as I pictured them picking up the sounds.

I began to head towards the direction of the sound, slowly my knees knocked against the floor.