Final Fantasy Dream Team - Interest Check

Started by Miyr, August 23, 2010, 06:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyr

So I had a Final Fantasy game going that was going for awhile but has basically come to a stand still. I was searching for pictures and such, and remembered an idea that I wanted to do awhile ago and wasn't able to do so. Because of this, I'm going to post an interest check!

I'm interested in doing a story revolving around the FF games where players play cannon characters. Basically in this idea, it would be similar to Kingdom Hearts/Dissidia in the fact that characters from multiple games are permitted. But instead of fighting the Heartless and such, they fight a common enemy.

In my idea, the characters would basically be taken from their world of origin (at your choice in time, can either be during the game, after it so you can alter the character a bit, etc). This would allow players to play their favorite, or "dream" character. Thus the title of this interest check lol.

This is only a way to gauge interest of possible players. If this game does end up rolling, here are a few rules of mine.

1. No One Liners: I prefer multi para posts, but one good 4-5 line paragraph can suffice if the quality is good.
2. Literacy: This is an adult forum, thus you should be literate. No text speak.
3. Maturity: Understand that a typist's character is their personal space, so don't invade it.
4. Ability to Contribute to Plot: Basically this means being active in the OOC and creating of a plot and/or scenes for the game. This requires you to be able to successfully interact with the other players behind the scenes.
5. Romance/Character Pairings: I am not against the romance element being in my games, but it's not my focus of the game. Am willing to open this up after the characters have been established firmly in the RP. ((NOTE: I primarily do FxF pairings and that is my preference. However, I will do FxM pairings if it's an idea I'm interested in.))
6. Have fun!~

I don't have a plot in mind other than the cast of cannon characters are taken from their worlds and forced to survive in a new one. We can either do a typical FF storyline where they have to save the world from some evil of sorts, or just focus on developing relationships/bonds between the cast. I'm open to plot ideas and suggestions.

Here's a list of characters that I personally would be interested in playing:
1. Yuna from FFX: This will be either during FFX-2 or after but she won't have been reunited with Tidus. Also, she'll be less innocent/naive and a bit more rough around the edges (like Paine), basically able to hold her own. Right now I'm thinking that she'll maintain a mix of the Gunner/Dark Knight look.
2. Ashe from FFXII: I really adored Ashe because she was like Yuna. I haven't played XII in awhile, but I'm sure I could slip into the role relatively well.
3. Zidane from FFIX: He is by far the easiest male character from the series to play because he's so much like me irl. This would of course be a second character choice probably.
4. Beatrix from FFIX: She's just awesome, that's all there is to say lol.
5. Lightning from FFXIII: I am really iffy on playing this character because I personally haven't beaten the game yet, so I don't know her personality the best.

Please post your interest, and possible characters you'd like to play, or any questions~
Been gone for almost two years. I apologize for my absence.

-Miyr

leechtamer

I think that this sounds like a lot of fun. For characters I would like to try out, I think Cecil (FF4), Seifer (FF8), or Laguna

Cecil would be set just after the game, and feeling shaken by the revelation of his race and brother.

Seifer would also be after the game, maybe a year or two. He has become racked with guilt over his actions, and seeks a way to repent. He would still be snarky, but with a heart of gold aspect to him.

Laguna would be set between his time as a solider and when he is met in game.

Miyr

Glad someone took interest in my idea! I think that it could possibly be quite fun as well because we could take our favorite characters and then play them out the way we always wanted them to be.

Leech: Your character ideas all sound fine. Also, I am willing to let people double or triple up on characters if there are a few they'd really like to play. This also depends on how many people are actually interested and join into the game, as well as character conflicts.
Been gone for almost two years. I apologize for my absence.

-Miyr

ff

This is a fantastic idea!

Ashe would be my favorite to play, I'm glad you named her as she's one of my fav of all time. Yuna is a close second (as my avatar no doubt suggests - I don't think E had FFXII avatars, at least not when I picked!).

From among the FFXII abilities, I see Ashe most as wielding masamune or one of the other katanas (they used magic power for damage) as well as a lot of white and green magic. Sort of like a DnD paladin or cleric. Although in each of my FFXII games I tended to end up filling out the license board for everyone anyway.

If you don't already have a plot / villain in mind, I'd be happy to help brainstorm. I don't have any specific ideas at the moment, but lots of the games have teleporting / world-hopping type plot elements that could be used to bring the characters together.

Nyarly

I'm not too sure about it actually, but I'm interested in playing Terra.