RPGs you want to try but you doubt you'd get your Real Life Group to try.

Started by Callie Del Noire, May 26, 2011, 09:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

I always felt that Changeling and the Ghost oWoD games didn't fit too well in the oWoD setting.. coming in as late as they did. Of course my Charlotte by Night game had the Wild Hunt running through the area (after the Tremere tried to use them to leverage the three elders in the city out of power, backfired BADLY).

Nothing worse than the Malk in the group feeding on a faerie. For two terrifying days his character was SANE. Which was bad given the better part of a century as a vampire..

Braioch

I wonder if it'd be possible to set up an oWoD game via Mumble o.O
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Black Howling

Quote from: Braioch on June 30, 2011, 05:10:22 PM
I wonder if it'd be possible to set up an oWoD game via Mumble o.O
More then a few people on E have mentioned that system games via mumble work out decently. So I'd say it's probably true.

Oniya

Y'all are sorely tempting me to get a headphone/mic setup.

Just saying.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Braioch

I'd be extremely interested in doing so, so long as there was a GM willing as well...

-ponders-
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

HairyHeretic

I've been running L5R on mumble for a few weeks now. I use the dice roller on E. It's working out fine so far.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Braioch

Which means gathering interest, deciding on what to play and finding a willing GM and players....

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Callie Del Noire

kairotox

Quote from: rhev on May 26, 2011, 09:41:57 AM
I'd love to find a group that could get into a Serenity RPG.  (captain mal ftw)
I have several different items for it! I have the main book explaining all the rules, and the game master's screen, and 2 info books on stuff that goes on in the serenity universe. Maybe, if i get accepted in, we could do a play-through online?

DarklingAlice

Quote from: Oniya on June 29, 2011, 01:51:51 PM
As I've never picked up the books, I haven't seen the rest of the changes.  I never hit nWoD because (in my opinion) oWoD wasn't 'broken'.  Hence, no need to get a whole new set of books.

This pretty much mirrors my mindset, with two exceptions:
1. The generic stuff released for nWOD is surprisingly quite playable: starting you off with human mechanics (which can be used nicely for any type of horror from classic ghost stories to Lovecraft) was actually a pretty interesting idea.

2. Geist. Oh I love Geist so much. It is like several things in the oWOD (most notable Demon and Wraith), but it also really stands out as something new and fascinating. If you are going to do a new World of Darkness actually give us something new instead of just rehashing vampires and werewolves. And Geist is proof that they can do that, but just aren't...
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Braioch

Finally went through and made a thread for the non-forum area ::)

Decided to stick with Masquerade, Apocalypse and Kindred of the East. Even have a character for the first two as they seem the most likely. Not too many people have really read KotE so far as I can tell.

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Genbu83

Callie Del Noire

Polymorph

I'm trying to imagine my old roleplaying groups faces if I'd suggested playing a campaign with these rules and setting.

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Polymorph

MasterMischief

TheGlyphstone

MasterMischief

slowmojoe

Has anyone played or GM'ed using the Stargate RPG system? Is it any good? I miss Thor a lot.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: MasterMischief on July 06, 2011, 08:43:49 PM

...or just about any role playing game GMed by a 13 year old male.

No, the average 13 year old male is more mature than the stuff you'll find in FATAL.

DarklingAlice

Bliss Stage. I don't see any way to get my normal RL group to sit down and try Bliss Stage. I think the interesting mechanics and cool play style would be completely eclipsed by awkwardness and immaturity.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Kazyth

Lets see.  Scion, Changeling, Earthdawn (played it years and years ago, and still love the setting), and probably Cyberpunk.  Oh, and oWoD Demon, which was an awesome game with a lot of promise that hit just before they nuked oWoD.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

DarklingAlice

Quote from: Kazyth on August 07, 2011, 10:38:02 AM
Lets see.  Scion, Changeling, Earthdawn (played it years and years ago, and still love the setting), and probably Cyberpunk.  Oh, and oWoD Demon, which was an awesome game with a lot of promise that hit just before they nuked oWoD.

Ditto to Demon. I just got the book and players guide a few weeks ago and it looks fascinating.

Kazyth

Quote from: DarklingAlice on August 07, 2011, 10:45:07 AM
Ditto to Demon. I just got the book and players guide a few weeks ago and it looks fascinating.

It really was.  I was in a short-run game of it years ago, and I really enjoyed it.  I liked the backstory, the mechanics, and the storyline opportunities.  I just never really got to explore them.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.