(Beginer Friendly) Star Wars Saga Edition Game set after the KOTOR Games (NCES)

Started by Muse, January 13, 2018, 08:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triggvi

Armor defense an improved armored give you heroic level +1/2 the armors reflex save to your reflex save.

(9+3)+2+2

Muse

Perhaps the source of your conusion is that you missed out on the base way that defenses are factored, Catac? 

Everyone--iregardless of armor--gets to add their heroic level to their defenses. 

Armored Defense does not give you that abiltiy.  Armored defense stops you from loosign that abilty. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Muse on January 15, 2018, 11:48:59 AM
Perhaps the source of your conusion is that you missed out on the base way that defenses are factored, Catac? 

Everyone--iregardless of armor--gets to add their heroic level to their defenses. 

Armored Defense does not give you that abiltiy.  Armored defense stops you from loosign that abilty.

Thank makes more sense, even if it sucks for us mere heavily armored mortals.

Veteran talents:

Tested in battle gives you back 2 steps on the recovery track with a second wind.
Seen it all forces an opponent to roll 2 dice and use the lower to use a fear effect on him
Grizzled Warrior needed both of the others as pre-req, and is a combo talent.  Once per encounter, do any of these:  gain Con score worth of HP with a single melee/ranged attack, add 1/2 your level in damage to an Aid Another, and +2 reflex defense until the start of your next turn with a melee/ranged attack.

Not amazing, but seemed interesting.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Indeed, moving in condition tracks is big deal and only way move someone along with it is via force power. Anyways below comes more and less completed sheet (got loads of credits but it's saved for when if my char gets accepted he will do 'modifications' on the ship. up to number decided by GM depending can you do separated modification on engines, ship's weapons, ship's electric systems etc). Overall my char doubles as doctor (force using one so no need medkits or tools to do his thing) and mechanic (both ship and gear repairs and mods). Force powers are mostly senses, healing and mind fuckery (Zeltons are good in mind fuckery anyway).

Cein Rein-Zarr hails from Zeltros, planet of everlasting revelry, parties, orgies and all you would ever want or desire from a home which you would wish to never leave. But leave Cein did, as his desire to wander and experience other places and his curiosity was greater than his hedonism. His both parents are Zeltrons but his grandparents one is a human. So thanks his human heritage he lacked colorful facial hair and instead got the traditional rich black/dark one instead.

Cein always had knack for machinery and liking build and dismantle them even as a kid, so he joined on trade vessel as understudy mechanic and in end he had graduated as one and he regular hired himself to various parties to travel galaxy as mechanic. He partied and lived like any zeltron ever would, enjoying all what life has to offer. However, something was bit off albeit he did not realize at the time. Zeltron are quite emphatic people, to point almost being telepathic, with other species. But he at times sensed other beings, not just feelings but where they were and get sort odd gut sense feelings where they were or how they were feeling even if they were across the street and no way perceive or know they are there. He often got odd dreams which sort predicted future, he sort blamed it on stuff he smoked and drinked but he also noticed he almost never suffered serious hangovers like most people do (even fellow zeltrons).

But it all came to make sense when he befriended (fellow female/male PC) in during his one employments. They came to fast friends, buddies even (lovers in case female PC), while working on cruiser ship which was traveling in the galactic sector until suddenly Empire struck the vessel, bombard and blast it anti-ship blasters. They were at ship's cantina at the time and one blaster shots hit directly it, collapsing it and killing many people with falling debris and blaster energy cutting through several party goers all at once. The devastation, desolation of death and destruction, was shocking for Cein.

But more horrifying then destruction before him was one besides him; his dear friend, was badly hurt and dying if not dead already! He felt the life, the energy which he had always odd manner felt from others, flickering away.....he tightly hugged him/her against him and screamed; "No! You do not die! Not now!" As he embraced him/her, he moved hands over the worst of injuries, he felt energy seeping from him onto his friend.....starting slowly cure his friend?! He felt agony, but he endured it as whatever energy was doing was curing and stabilize his friend! Gut wrenching pain he endured until process was complete; he had repaired his friend entirely and he/she came back conscious!

He then rapidly started move around, touching people, healing and stabilize them. Many people lives were saved thanks his quick actions before he passed out, lost much of his own energy in healing others with his strange power. After he woke up many people thanked him, albeit not knowing how he did it, but know he was the one who did the small miracle and he became known by a nickname; Patch, as he did patch everyone up. The empire had been driven back by mercenaries which arrived just in time to drive them away before they could finish the job in dismantling the ship and boarding it. Since then he has theorized he had used the Force, that much is certain. But why him? Why now? No idea. He has no aspirations to become a jedi (their lives sound far too restricted for his liking) and much of harm has come from conflict between Sith and Jedi and he wishes not to partake on such life.

But his ability, it felt both deeply frightening but wonderful same time. So albeit rarely at first he started experiment independently on it, figure out trick and two to do with it just himself. It felt both natural part of him and who he was, it had always been there but until the moment when he needed most a miracle, Force had answered inside him and helped save his friend. So he started work as secretive healer for close friends and for hire as well for clients, never explain what he exactly did but whatever he did works. In sort instinctive level he started learn about biology and humanoid organs and life overall through his work albeit he never had read single file about medicine. It's just his concentration and focus alone along with his basics as mechanic (know how repair machines) enabling him do even surgical miracles albeit those take most amount of time from his tricks. He never imagined himself as doctor but by Force's influence he became one, a healer.

Then through circumstance he joined to present crew who worked closely to jedi (perhaps too close for his own comfort as he likes not get discovered to using force in presence of a jedi), then get present assignment which is important and more so involves young people. Albeit finding it sort manipulative to raise kids from children in secret location with jedi teachings and then guided to temple and given no choice for other life than as a jedi far too restricting, but he keeps his opinions on himself.

He himself being unawares he is grandchild of two jedi knights who fell in love to each other, feigned their own deaths so they can be together (as it was a taboo for jedis to form attachments like that) and moved to Zeltros which constant vibrant life energy masks their presence entirely.....drowning it on ocean of life and emotions of said world and pheromones which can mess even jedi's keen minds. Unaware his gift of healing comes directly from his grandmother, gift of force passing one generation in the family.

Triggvi

You can take a full round action and move up one level on the condition track. The talents make it faster and easier.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Alright, aside from the fluff, I think the crunch is just about done.  I've found myself a half-way decent suit of military grade armor, his favorite 'lucille' I mean rifle, a pistol for emergencies, and even a shield generator.  For reasons.  I've got about 3k left over for odds and ends (and yes, that's including the military licenses), so that's probably the cost of the upgrades I haven't socketed into the armor, and the the hello kitty bag full of ammo.

I was considering a portable generator for the suit, to then power the shield generator, but I think the generator can only work for things installed in the armor, not a plug-and-play for stuff I'm carrying around.

Latooni Subota

Since Zaer is on the wait list (and isn't really a medic when you get down to it, more a  . . . engineer with faith healing spooky wizardry?) and I realize it's been so long I don't want to deal with relearning all the Force aspects, I'm going to go proper mundane Doctor. If my character and Zaer's end up together, I expect many a snarky debate on space wizardry versus medicine! Time to invest in all the medical-related feats and skill focuses.

And maybe a little martial arts. I have a mental image of this smol doctor tripping and pinning a patient to a bed in the medbay because YOU'VE JUST BEEN SHOT SHUT UP AND LET ME FIX YOU WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THEY CAN RUN AROUND WITH HOLES IN THEIR CHEST
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Zaer Darkwail

I think it would be quite fun if our chars would be on same ship Latooni :). Arguments anyways. However my char keeps his faith wizardry a sort secret and more emergency use mostly. He mostly functions as mechanic in the ship but if need second hand to stabilize people (or administer drugs by touch only as thanks talent he replace any tools from medkits/surgeon stuff with pure force manipulation).

Latooni Subota

Hilariously enough, there's pretty much no real medical stuff in the base classes. So I basically shrugged and went Scoundrel 7 for my base class levels, and just threw my talents into Slicing and that one Gambling talent. I've got a character slowly coming together . . . with ISSUES :D

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Zaer Darkwail

What advance class picking for your scoundrel? Indeed, base classes are shockingly absent for any treat injury stuff. You can as scoundrel learn treat injury with a feat (as base scoundrel does not have treat injury as class skill as I recall).

Triggvi

Combat medic feat and skill focus treat injury and a few other medical feats.

Latooni Subota

Latooni Subota

Alas, it looks like I'll have to multi-class or go all-in for another class since I forgot about the limit on Skill Training. Noble would free up feats I suppose . . . *Ponders*

Zaer Darkwail

The limit on skill training was removed as house rule; you can learn skills outside your base class with that feat (so long it's not Use Force).

Triggvi

Latooni Subota

And the silly thing is I actually made a note of that Zaer, I just scrolls past it on my notes. :x

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Triggvi on January 15, 2018, 03:14:46 PM
Force sensitive gives you use the force as a class skill

Yeah, I know that. But was talking Muse making house rule call that skill training allows learn any skill (albeit force sensitive it's own separated case and assume you do not get Use Force skill with skill training or rather point being you should take force sensitive instead skill training to get it).

Anyways hopeful here that a spot opens up for me as it looks quite fun game shaping up  :-\

Hexed

okay. Think I'm going with the droid idea. So question!

Based on what I'm seeing in the books base character creation is 25 points with droids using 21.  Since this is a 30 point game that means... 26 points for a droid?

Triggvi

I think you would be correct from what I have read. Droids get 4 less points because they have no constitution score.

Quietly

Hey guys! I'm interested, though I've never played SW Saga before. I've played a lot of Pathfinder and other FFG stuff, so I think I can get the hang of this. It seems that there aren't that many Jedi, so I think I might give it a try!

I think it'd make sense that a reserve Jedi might be picked for a mission like this, to supervise, sense, and help the Padawans if they get into trouble, so I'm either thinking a healer/force/subdued type of mature Jedi, presumably one that normally stays in reserve as a teacher/healer. Since it seems like we need a healer, that might be good to fill that, too, unless Latooni goes for a Doctor after all. Otherwise, I might go for a more brash, recently promoted Jedi Knight (actually, are the Jedi characters full Knights?) who's either more physically inclined or an all-rounder, presumably to let these people, who the Jedi Master trusts, mellow her out or something like that. (Also, it'd be nice if you could help point me to where I could get started on these concepts, beyond the core book. The Jedi in the book seems to be more general Jedi, if that makes any sense?)
The devil in detail is in the details.

Latooni Subota

Dr. Lin Chen, Human Scoundrel 7 / Medic 2

There is no Talia Hu. There definately was no daughter of the prominent Hu family named Talia, who attended the Imperial academy in the capital of the Sith Empire. There absolutely was no Talia that proved to be as much a genius with computer systems as she was with the living body. No matter what anyone says, there was absolutely, positively, no Talia Hu that was responsible for the destruction of the clandestine research station known only as TK-113 because of the evil, despicable experiments being done on captured Jedi and enemies of the state by re-writing key portions of the station's codes and causing it to vent entire sections and drop itself into the nearby volcanic world. There is, however, a young doctor named Lin Chen who appeared shortly after these hypothetical events with improbable amounts of goodwill from the Jedi Order . . .

Dr. Lin Chen is a rather beautiful looking human woman with striking features. Pale skin, a faint asian cast to her features, startlingly green eyes, beautiful chocolate-colored hair with close-cropped bangs but allowed to hang down to her bottom in a tight braid. Sadly she is a 5'0" shrimp with slim hips and small breasts, but hey, nobody is perfect. Still, she does what she must to emphasize what she has, generally wearing a work-rated Thinsuit with a more stylized Barabel Microbe Armor on top to keep her safe, clean, and feeling confident in the quality of her butt! Not that she'd admit it. Said armor is heavily modified thanks to a few friends with a high-quality encrypted commlink embedded in the left sleeve, and not one but TWO visors that can be pulled out from the collar to assist in either slicing or medicine.

In her early days she grew up as a member of a long-standing military family, known for producing exceptional officers for the Empire. Every member of her immediate family graduated from the Imperial Academy with honors, and Lin was no exception. Unlike her family members though she proved to a talented doctor and programmer, taking a science track rather than the usual military paths. She gained some recognition for various successful projects and acting as an emergency doctor for certain . . . special situations. Her talent and apparent loyalty earned her a transfer to a very special place, a clandestine space station known only as TK-113, hidden away in a low orbit around a volcanic planet in a distant system. She only spent three months on the station before setting into motion a clandestine plan to see the living hell that was TK-113 destroyed for good.

Over the course of two weeks she managed to discretely gain access to various systems, splicing in codes in some systems, stealing administrative access in others. When the time came she disabled the automated alarm systems and spoofed the cameras, proceeding to set droids on some people and locking others into secluded labs. The poor tortured jedi and political prisoners that were being experimented on were transfered to a pair of hyperspace capable shuttles where they would get a ringside view of the show. Once the group was outside of the station she sent in the final commands, setting off explosions and venting atmosphere in key places to drop the station into the planet's gravity well where it began to break apart and eventually crash into the lava flows. Talia Hu died that night, and Lin Chen appeared sometime later after a bit of plastic surgery and some well-done forging of documents. The next couple of years were spent . . . well . . . getting drunk and gambling in the outer rim, trying to forget the awful things she'd been exposed to. She ran the occasional slicing job and expensive surgery of course, but lets face it, booze and gambling was far more important . . . at least until an old friend from TK-113 passed along word that she was being asked to help the Jedi Order with a mission . . .

Here we go! Another shorty, only this time with extra Bitch With A Heart of Gold! Destruction destiny obviously, and the sheet isn't quite finished yet. I've probably got a ton of tiny little details I haven't though about in there . . . also I kinda rolled like, a couple 1's on my hit points so I'm a bit dismayed there. Might re-jiggle stuff to get some con to make up for it? I dunno, she's not supposed to be a front-liner after all.

PixelatedPixie

I found my books but need to decide what to play.  I'm tempted by a Jedi of some variety, or a melee duelist, but also lean towards a more diplomacy focused character.  What have people settled on so far?

Muse