PERSONA! (A School Based game about finding your true self.) Big group wanted.

Started by Vergil1989, November 10, 2011, 10:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil1989

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124199.0  OOC Thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124200.0  Character Roster Thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124205.0  Inaba, Human World, IC thread.

I couldn't think of a better title at the moment but if you know anything about Persona, (prior knowledge not required but is appreciated  ;D), then hopefully you'll love this game.  I accidentally came across six episodes that are directly related to the game Persona 4 oddly enough, thus the inspiration for this little get together.  If all goes well and I get someone that's has good experience running a school type of setting to act as my Co-GM, I'll be more than happy just to get a few people, let alone the big group I'm hoping to get for this lol.  At any rate, here's a few things to consider for the game I am putting together before getting into the setting itself.  I'm always willing to accept ideas and the like, so feel free to drop a line along with any interest you might have for this.  So, without further delay!

Personas themselves....  What is a persona anyway?  Well, to put it simply, a Persona is a 'mask' we wear to deal with day to day hardships.  On the outside we might appear more or less alright, but to reveal one's inner thoughts is simply crazy since we all have problems or dark feelings about people or places that we wouldn't wish anyone to find out.  Dealing with the negative emotions you possess, taming them and training them to make you stronger in a positive way gives form to your personal Persona summon that is a physical manifestation of your personality.  Each Persona is classified into the Tarot Arcanums, (the Chariot, the Magician, etc), and each has their own unique powers and abilities, but more on that later.  Needless to say, every Persona, either first or second level, will have strengths and weaknesses that can be exploited.  Working together, defending against said weaknesses, will be key.  (No system game here, so no worries.)

Shadows....  Shadows are just as numerous and diverse as Personas, more so in fact since everyone has the potential to have either one.  Shadows are the dark parts of a person's soul, their very being.  When a normal person comes into contact with their shadow selves, it is possible to see an exact look alike of themselves that knows EVERYTHING about you; your every secret, desire, and personal issues.  Denying you have anything wrong with you, saying that there's no way that's a part of you will make your Shadow self expand and grow by absorbing nearby lesser Shadows, becoming a terrifying monster that can and will try to kill its creator.  Only by beating it down and/or admitting to its existence as well as acknowledging you do have that within yourself will the Shadow clone calm down, giving you the power to use Persona in turn.  Friends help but can also make things worse, depending on how the situation is handled.  Tread lightly here when dealing with souped up Shadows.

Personas and you.  Because this is E, and because I just like to hear myself talk,  :P, I wanted to add a nice little twist to this game.  So far the tradition has been to have Personas be silent guardians to their hosts, to act as their physical manifestation of will and their personalities when facing Shadows in any number of different worlds beside our own across multiple games.  While this will still hold true, I'm cutting the silent act and I am going to allow others to play as both a normal person and someone else's Persona partner when obtained.  The only rule is that you have to be work this out with your partner, agreeing to shape and form of the Persona in question, essentially becoming their best friend or more if you so wish.  I will be putting a few rules in place regarding Persona and partner interactions but nothing major, so no worries there.  For the most part Personas won't be able to hold a physical, tangible form in our world, so anything intimate will have to wait until you are either asleep in your own bed or in the alternate world where Shadows could attack if you're not on your guard.  Beyond that, you can still see your and other Personas and interact with them as you like, but anything physical will have to wait as I said.  Beyond that, go nuts.

Before obtaining your power.....  I'm a huge fan of Persona 4, and thus that's where I'm getting most of my ideas for this from.  However, I'm also open to ideas as previously stated, so feel free to drop whatever you think might make this more entertaining.  Getting back on track however, I will say that I'm going to use the setup that has characters being taken to the other world against their will and left there to die unless saved before the fog lifts or some kind of unnatural phenomena occurs as seen in P4.  (Still working on this part lol.)  Regardless on how this is put together, each area that is created in the 'Midnight Channel' as it was called in P4 has a theme to them.  For example, a men's spa....a castle, a strip club, a secret underground base that can be seen in any old fashion comic book, you get the idea.  I want you to think of themes and creatures to populate each area that match up with the scenery you're going for.  They also have to match up with what you're trying to hide or put on a brave face for or you wish you could escape to, to some degree or another.  Yukiko Amagi for example wanted someone to take her away from everything she was being forced into as far as her family inherited and run in located in the town of Inaba, where P4 takes place.  She had a Prince Charming complex in mind, hence the castle theme aforementioned.  You don't have to have this ready to go right away, but consider it is all I'm asking.  I'll leave a spot in the character sheet if I get enough interest for this to be filled at your leisure.  If done later, please include a note either in my or my Co-GM's inbox or on the OOC should this get far enough.  Thanks!

Fighting and how it will be handled.  They have an interesting thing going for the Personas and their hosts as far as the six episodes have shown.  If damage is done to the Persona, the host feels it just as much.  If your Persona is pushed into a wall or knocked back, you too will be knocked around to a relatively same degree.  Because Personas are much stronger in most cases however, you'll be able to take quite the beat down before you are ready to drop dead from exhaustion.  'Death' of a Persona, (which won't happen since I'd guess it would mean you would follow soon afterward anyway,) would mean dropping to the floor, too tired to fight any longer, leaving you wide open to be torn apart by whatever you're up against.  The way I handle fighting more times than not, and this won't be a fighting central RP, but it will still have bouts and the like from time to time, is like this.  The more detailed the post, the better your chances will be.  Simply putting a one line or an automatic hit/kill shot or anything like that I will not go for at all.  ATTEMPTS at hitting the enemy if it's a major one or if it's a first encounter, etc, those I like.  The more detail you put into your posts, the more effort you put into this, the more generous I'll be when deciding how a fight goes down.  For example....

Zack and his Persona were up against the wall, fighting the serpent headed Shadow clone that had come out of his best friend, the girl in question having issues he had no clue about.  Dodging to the side at the last second as a green gas cloud shot out of the creature's mouth, the young man looked up, fire in his eyes as he turned his gaze to his Persona who looked quite the part of a masked swordsman, dressed in a black shirt, pants, cape, buckled boots, and white gloves on both of his hands.  Two straight swords seemed to be right at home in his Persona's hands, a gilded dragon's mask that covered his entire face.  Who would have guessed his personality would manifest into that?  "Go, Masked Dragon Knight!  Take that bitch down once and for all!  Samantha!  This is for you!"  The Persona charged in quick, his twin swords already thrusting out forward to hopefully nail the serpent beast in her chest and head.  If it worked, they'd be one step closer to freeing Samantha from her prison.  If not, he didn't even want to consider the alternative....

It was a quick and nasty example but you get the idea I hope lol.  The more detail, the better, that's all you really need to know.  What I forgot to mention however is that it does have to follow what's been put up before hand, so be sure to read each post carefully and follow through as best as you can and adapt as you need to.

The Arcana as it pertains to you.  The Arcana are the different classes of Tarot cards. They are a major thematic element of the Persona series. The Arcana are divided into the Major Arcana (22 unique cards) and the Minor Arcana (four suits of cards, not unlike those of traditional playing cards).  That's the Persona definition found in the wiki for the games.  Each Major Arcana fits a personality type almost to a tee, so when making your profile, I ask that you read each one carefully so as to find a good match to when you find your inner strength and make it real.  When a new Persona is attained, it is forever attached to your soul.  The only Arcana that I may or may not include is the Fool, since that is and always has been considered to be the Wild Card, meaning you could potentially obtain multiple Personas across all Arcanas.  The only problem with that is that it allows a single person too much power, that and every Fool holder I have seen thus far hasn't had to deal with their darker halves, always able to activate and bring out their Personas because of some outside interference.

Persona 4 spoiler warning.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Such as coming into contact with a dark goddess of the dead posing as a human who ironically enough poses as a gas station clerk.

Here is the wiki page that lists all of the Major Arcana and has detailed descriptions of what Personas are available in each one.  That's not to say you can't make your own of course, I just ask that it fits the theme that your chosen Arcana seems to be.  Beyond that, go crazy.   ;D  PLEASE, no repeats of Arcana or Persona form.  Personas come in two forms, one when you first obtain it, and one when you are completely free of your darker halves, coming to a resolution or to terms with your darker self, releasing even greater power within your being when that happens.

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Arcana

Evoking one's Persona, a personal preference.  Whether it's an Evoker shot to the brain, smashing a glowing blue Tarot like card, or some other means that's original or used in another game, I leave this one to you.  However, if you're using a canon way of doing so, I ask that you follow their example to a tee.  Beyond that, if it's a completely original idea, then I simply ask how it works and what it looks like as your Persona comes out.  It's all yours to do as you like after that.

------------------------------------------------------

At any rate, I plan to have this go up in the Extreme section only because I don't like to limit anyone in their preferences.  Considering most Persona games are horror/comedy games as far as I've been able to tell, it would fit perfectly there anyway.  Will there be blood and guts?  Depends on who we end up getting and what their issues are, but for the most part the only dying I see happening will be Shadows and any that help them should it come to that.  Regardless, this won't be heavy in gore or anything like that, but I would expect SOME injuries to occur, but again that is preference related so if it's a no on some people's thing, then I'll skim over the messy bits.   ;D  At any rate, I love Japan, but I don't know nearly enough to make it convincing to have the story take place there, but if I get a good partner that does know the area well enough, then I'll be willing to have it in a town in Japan or a city, either way it'd be cool by me.  Otherwise, it'll be here in an American small town with a city within easy driving distance.  Your profiles will shape how the town is formed if for example we have an inherited business or whatever, things like that.  Think carefully when doing your profiles up again should we get that far.  Because of the nature of this game and how detail oriented it can get, I want NO LESS than 3 paragraphs with four sentences a piece for your personal history.  I want AT LEAST 2 paragraphs for your personality with 4 sentences a piece as well, so NO ONE LINERS.  The rest I'll detail when and if I get enough interest to warrant a character sheet and all the rest.  For now, good luck and here's hoping.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Starlequin

Figures that the good games would start popping up in the middle of NaNo. :P My knowledge of the Persona series is somewhat limited, but I believe I have enough of the gist to be able to hold my own in this. Hope you get some more interest, Vergil; I'd love to join this, if thats alright.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Vergil1989

I'd be happy to have you Star buddy and I'll be posting the wiki link and other information as it's needed, so you don't have to worry so much about needing to know everything or whatever so much lol.  Still, I tried to put a lot of thought into this whole thing and hope as well that it gets enough interest to make it worth while.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

pendarious

I know a little bit about Persona and would love to join. I also have a fairly extensive knowledge of Japanese culture and geography (doesn't mean i wouldn't have to do research and what not) but that aside this sounds pretty fun
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Vergil1989

You'd be a great help if that's the case regarding Japanese culture and the like Pend buddy.  Research or not, I'd prefer to have this set in a Japanese town than an American one since Persona has always been set in one place or another on the Japanese continent.  At any rate, I am glad to have you aboard Pend man.

Vergil1989

Because of a few PMs I've had regarding possible interest plus what I have here already, I will go ahead and get the start of a character profile going if not the whole thing already before I hit the sack tonight.

[b]Name;[/b]
[b]Gender;[/b]
[b]Sexuality;[/b]  (Straight, bi, etc.)
[b]Age;[/b]  (No younger than 18 please and no older than say 35.)
[b]Appearance;[/b]  (Pic or written or both if you like.)
[b]Eye Color;[/b]
[b]Hair Color/Style;[/b]
[b]Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks;[/b]
[b]Student or teacher?[/b]  (Not sure how far I'm going to go into this since I have no real experience running a school game, but might as well ask lol.)
[b]Teacher of/Student of?[/b]  (What are you going for or teaching?)
[b]Job?[/b]  (Yes, no, applying?  If yes or applying, there's more to come.)
[b]Job position/title if you have one;[/b]  (Can be included in your history as well.  Some students have to work to pay the bills of college and the like after all.)
[b]Arcana Choice;[/b]  (No repeats, and please be sure to read each one so that it matches with your character.)
[b]Summon Persona Preference;[/b]  (Evoker gun, Tarot Card, or other?  If other, more to come.)
[b]Other Means;[/b]  (Anything from a personal item of great value to you or a kind of incantation, anything is possible so long as you explain why it works and what it looks like when it does kind of thing.)
[b]Persona Name;[/b]  (Forgot this part.)
[b]Persona Appearance;[/b]  (If you're wanting someone else to play your Persona partner, agree on this bit is all I ask.)
[b]Powers and abilities;[/b] (More out of curiosity than anything.  You can include a move list or a basic summary of what your Persona is capable of.  Either way is cool by me.)
[b]Persona Lore/History;[/b]  (Also forgot this part like a dork.  Can either be canon from the wiki/game/etc, or your own creation.)
[b]Weapon of Choice;[/b];  (The hosts fight as well as their Personas, so feel free to include a means to take on the enemy here.)
[b]Skills;[/b]  (Be reasonable but feel free to include whatever comes to mind.)
[b]Hobbies;[/b]
[b]Likes;[/b]
[b]Dislikes;[/b]
[b]Quirks;[/b]  (Optional, but anything that comes to mind if you have one is welcome.)
[b]Ons;[/b]  (Anything big I'd like to see listed.  Otherwise, your O/O page is fine here.)
[b]Offs;[/b]  (Same as above.)
[b]Personality;[/b]  (Two paragraphs, four sentences a piece.  No less, but more is always welcome.)
[b]Personal History;[/b]  (Three paragraphs, four sentences a piece.  No loss, but again more is very welcome here.)

[b]Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it;[/b]  (This isn't necessary right now, but I would like to have a fair idea of what you see your personal dungeons appearing as before we get there, should we get there.  This ties into your personal issues, your darkness of the heart, etc etc.  Anything is welcome here so long as it has related creatures and a Shadow Clone beast in store for us at the end.  Beyond that, go nuts.  About six different monsters is enough, pics or not are your choice.  I leave the rest to you.)

TheHangedOne

For the moment, I'm interested. Let's see who else shows up, before I make a character, though.  :-)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Vergil1989

Glad to have you at the moment then HangedMan lol.  Here's hoping we get a good group you can get behind.   ;D  I figured out a setting as well as a general time, I'll be putting that up shortly after I check the wiki for a few more details.  It WILL be in Inaba though, but not as you might remember it from P4.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Vergil1989

After the events of P4.....
Setting Location;  Inaba, Japan
Current Date;  June 5, 2018

Seven years after the murders of several peoples in Inaba took place, and peace has returned to Inaba, Japan.  A lot has changed however during those seven years, the least of which is the reopening of the mines that helped put Inaba on the map originally during its initial founding.  Instead of coal being dug up, (although that is still brought to the surface when it's found,) gold is now the major source of income for the small community, breathing new life that not even Junes can put down despite still being the major source of all things commercial here in town.  The shopping district has been reborn with several new places opened up, giving new life to Inaba and her residents.  (Hint hint.)  The important thing here however, is telling what happened to those that helped make our current successes possible despite most of the true story still being hidden behind the fog that used to roll in like clockwork during the murders that were taking place here in town, starting with Yosuke Hanamura.

Yosuke Hanamura - After the events that took place in Inaba, Yosuke stayed to help run Junes until his father retired a year ago, giving control of the Inaba branch to his son.  Yosuke stepped up to the plate despite still being a bit of a goof around his friends, (which he holds dear even now with the murders over and done with,) and he runs the place with a fair yet firm demeanor to employees while maintaining a busy college day, going for his Major in business to help further his chances of making Junes and the shopping district a far better place for all.

Chie Satonaka - After the serial murder case that ended with the arrest of one corrupt young cop, Chie shortly afterward took on the role of a detective in training under Ryotaro Dojima of the Inaba Police.  Finishing school with high marks and following in her chosen path, Chie is a promising young cop that the town of Inaba can be proud of.  Despite being unable to use her power as a Persona user in this world, she still possesses great strength and skill learned from her time traveling with her best friends that she uses to help bring down any criminals she comes into contact with.

Kanji Tatsumi - Despite being the former bully around Inaba, Kanji straightened himself out when the murders started up and he was rescued by the group responsible for bringing in the guy that causing them all.  The old saying that opposites attract seems to have held true since he and Naoto Shirogane married just last year, the former 'biker' leader finding the courage to admit what he felt for the Detective 'Prince'(sess).  In an even more surprising turn, Naoto said yes after some convincing from their old group of friends.  He now currently runs his grandmother's textile shop, the old woman finally passing just a couple years ago.

Naoto Shiorgane - Her involvement in the case helped find and capture the true villain behind the whole thing, but not before almost tossing a 'mostly' innocent man behind bars after finding him in the other world with Nanako in tow.  Saving the innocent youngster and helping to defeat the powered up and partly insane delivery man that had been kidnapping everyone no thanks to Dojima's former partner who was the real one responsible for all the trouble, Naoto no longer hid who she truly was from the other officers who thought for the longest time she was a he.  Not only that, but she ended up marrying Kanji of all people, just proving the fact that opposites truly do attract.  She currently is a true officer of the law and not just a detective, following in her dead parents' footsteps while making her own along the way.

Rise Kijikawa - Rise, AKA, Risette, is back in showbiz but not as her former personality as a teen pop idol.  Instead, she's gotten her own talk show where even without her Persona skills as an analyst, she is still able to help people with whatever problems they come to her with despite her own young age.  Even with her busy schedule, Rise still finds the time to come to Inaba almost weekly to hang out with her old crew of friends during the serial murders that almost took her own life along with all of her friends.  She still visits Teddie in the other world from time to time as well, where while he might be forever stuck since the end of the case, is very happy to still have friends that care for him.

Yukiko Amagi - Yukiko indeed inherited her family's inn two years ago after finishing school, and went on to marry Yu Narukami, (the protagonist,) just last year three months after Kanji and Nauto's own.  The happy couple runs the Amagi Inn together, Yu having decided to stay in Inaba with his own parents' blessings although his old friends back in the city were crushed at losing the man in such a manner.  The couple have a baby girl to their name that bears the same name of Dojima's deceased wife.  Eva Amagi is currently one year old.
  (My personal favorite of the lot thus far.   ;D.  I couldn't find Dojima's former wife's name so made up my own.)

Teddie - Despite being stuck in the Midnight Channel world, Teddie is back in business as guardian of the old world where his friends from the human world still come to visit him as often as they can.  The world he once knew has returned to its peaceful origins, becoming a beautiful place that is safe to visit anytime of the year, foggy on our side or not.  Still, it does get 'beary' lonely, but with newcomers coming in the form of new friends and new family to his old friends, Teddie is a very happy bear that still possesses his Persona, just like all the rest of his friends, and uses its power to keep the few remaining Shadows in check if they ever decide to rise up to cause problems.

persona 4-reach out to the truth(official lyrics)

((This isn't done so will be adding edits, but wanted to get a reply up to Hanged.))

I believe I said that you could Hanged buddy, so yes, go nuts as long as they fit your Arcana of choice and all that as I asked earlier lol.

TheHangedOne

I'm leaning towards the Moon arcana, and throwing ideas around for having a Persona that's sort of like Fuka's. 
Check out my poet tree!

Vergil1989

Sounds like a plan to me Hanged.  I wasn't sure what to do with Teddie since the wiki didn't really cover what happened to him at the end of P4, although none of the characters really had much to offer after everything was said and done, but Teddie least of all for some reason.  That's why I didn't include him in the list though, but if anyone knows for sure or has some ideas as to what to do with him, feel free to drop a line.  Otherwise, they are NPCs that can and will appear from time to time.

TheHangedOne

Maybe he wen the Midnight Channel realm? He could be, like, a custodian or guardian of it of some sort.
Check out my poet tree!

Vergil1989

I was thinking along those lines myself, just wasn't sure if it would fly lol.  Sounds good, now just need a good dark and foreboding world to drop everyone into whenever the mood strikes me.   >:)

Vergil1989

Name;  Abigail 'Abbs' Takeda
Gender; Female
Sexuality;  Bi
Age;  23
Appearance;
Eye Color;  Ocean blue
Hair Color/Style;  Long, pale silver hair the color of moonlight that hangs down to her butt.
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks;  Three piercings, one in her tongue, one in her bellybutton, and one in her clit.
Student or teacher?  Student
Teacher of/Student of?  Performing Arts, mainly acting professionally.
Job?  No
Job position/title if you have one;  NA
Arcana Choice;  The Fool.  (No Wild Card power though.)  http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Fool_Arcana
Summon Persona Preference;  Tarot Card
Other Means;  NA
Persona Name;  Rurouni
Persona Appearance; 
Powers and abilities; With super sonic speed and lightning fast strikes, this particular Persona is a swordsman without equal.  With powerful offensive skills used to defend his host, this wandering samurai is not to be taken lightly despite his human appearance.  His main element is lightning and he's weak against wind types of attacks.  Immune to light based magics.  (Won't be anywhere close to max 'level'.)
Persona Lore/History;  Rurouni was considered the best swordsman during the Meiji era of Japan's history.  A powerful assassin, the Manslayer took no prisoners and had no mercy for any that crossed his path, ruthlessly killing all those that opposed his ideals.  Once the war was over, Rurouni disappeared as quickly as he had appeared, becoming a wandering swordsman to atone for his past.
Weapon of Choice;;  Katana, the Japanese sword of choice for samurais and wandering ronin.  (Martial skill is in the Shinkendo style of fighting.)
Skills;  Cooking, cleaning, reading/writing in Japanese and English, speaking both languages easily as well, singing, fighting to some degree, and Shinkendo.
Hobbies;  Reading, watching anime, drawing, writing, listening to music, walking the countryside, singing mostly to herself, soccer, hanging out with friends.  (Basically anything that doesn't have anything to do with her family's dojo.)
Likes;  Reading, watching anime, listening to music, walking the countryside, singing, soccer, hanging out with friends, her parents, dogs, cats, birds, and fish.
Dislikes;  Her parents, (currently,) jerks, know-it-all people, bullies, snakes, spiders, lizards, unclean rooms, idiots, dishonest people, and unreliable people.
Quirks;  Tends to chew on her fingernails when she's nervous, which is rare.
Ons;  O/O page.
Offs;  O/O page.
Personality;  Despite no longer enjoying Shinkendo and the lessons it teaches to its students, Abigail has a calm mind and strong body underneath her beautiful exterior.  Her problems at home, while troublesome, doesn't normally affect her in any way in public.  Still, there are days she wishes the dojo would just burn down, thinking it would be the end of her parents' plans to get her into their area of study and practice despite no longer being together in any other sense of the word, but she also used to enjoy the art once upon a time.  Besides that, it would destroy their livelihood if it ever happened, something she would never truly wish on them despite how controlling they are sometimes.

Because of her love of the arts in many forms, Abigail has a fondness for anime of all sorts as well as books with richly detailed plots, giving rise to an imagination she keeps well hidden, as well as the short stories and drawings she does during her free time.  She has an entire section on her laptop dedicated to her stories and a notebook full of idle drawings of imagined places, people, etc.  If her hidden treasure trove of stories and drawings was ever discovered, Abby would most likely turn beet red in the face before running for the hills if confronted by a friend about it all, being too shy regarding her creativity to share it with anyone.
Personal History;  Abigail Takeda is the only daughter to Mary and Alexander Takeda, both masters of the Shinkendo art of sword fighting.  How two masters of the same art came together is a story in itself, but to put it simply, they met in a tournament, and Mary came out the winner.  Still, after ten years together, having Abbs a year after they had moved in together and gotten married, she was only nine when they split up.  Happiness was not theirs to keep after two miscarriages since they had both wanted to have more children, although they loved Abigail a great deal.  It was a hopeless dream after Abbs was born though, and eventually any happiness they had for each other faded.

Now, attending college to perform and to act at a professional level, Abigail is hoping she'll get away from her parents and their dojo which they still run together, but they are always at each other's throats when they don't have a class going together.  How two people that so clearly hate each other can still work together as well as they do is beyond Abigail's understanding, but however they do it, it seems to work.  Even so, they both try to control her and force her into their way of life, giving rise to the young woman's rebellious attitude when it comes to anything related to the dojo and training to be a master like them.  How can she honestly do such a thing and still keep her sanity?  Answer; she won't and can't imagine going into the family business which had moved from Tokyo to Inaba as it has, finding a place at the end of the Shopping District.

Abigail hasn't been in school long, but with the new college opened up on the edge of the flood plain, the former Shinkendo student enjoys a relatively good life when she's not home, putting on a brave face and a warm smile that hides her personal darkness and pain.  It's no secret she has problems at home, just that no one really stops to ask her how she truly feels about it all given her skill at hiding how deep the pain truly goes.  Some days she wishes the dojo would burn down to the ground so she wouldn't have to deal with it any longer, but she'd never say that aloud.  Besides, while she hates it now, she used to love learning about the way of the sword once upon a time, finding it fascinating and challenging, two things that keep Abigail in high spirits whenever she can find a new way to push herself.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it; 

(A work in progress.  More waiting to see what others can come up with first before getting too far into my own I guess you could say.   ;D)

Vergil1989

There was a slight edit to the profile sheet, but nothing major guys and gals.  Sorry for the inconvenience though.

TheHangedOne

Name; Masateru Shine [Shine is the first name]
Gender; Male
Sexuality; Straight
Age; 20
Appearance;
Eye Color; Brown
Hair Color/Style; Brown, shoulder length, blond highlights
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks; Missing his left eye due to a childhood accident; wears an eye-patch instead, which has a stylized Third Eye symbol on it, in gold thread.
Student or teacher? N/A
Teacher of/Student of? N/A
Job?  Fortune Teller
Job position/title if you have one; N/A
Arcana Choice; Hanged Man
Summon Persona Preference;  Other
Other Means; Shine's persona-summoning ability is handicapped (which may eventually be fixed), in that he has to be physically injured (by himself, or another) for the Persona to manifest. He must do this because his belief is such that one can not gain power without making sacrifice; that for everything you gain in life, you in turn, must lose something.  It is because he feels this way that he can not just will his Persona into appearance; he must make a sacrifice of himself to it.
Persona Name; Beliza
Persona Appearance; Beliza appears as a pale, raven-haired, voluptuous woman adorned in a black and red outfit that has a variety of small, glittering crystals sewn into it. She carries a dozen trinkets in the form of pendant, earrings (6), anklets, wristbands, and a diadem; each of these 'trinkets' is marked with a rune, sigil, hieroglyph, or other symbol that has a meaning related to divination.
Powers and abilities; Beliza is capable of making a multitude of physical attacks, as well as charm based attacks. She shares her supernaturally fast healing with her master (think: Spring of Life), but above all of this is her ability to discern hidden and forbidden lore, as well as to reach out telepathically (much like Fuka's Persona in P3) to others. She is immune, and shares this immunity with her master, to mind-influencing effects (such as confusion, charm, etc.), while being weak to the elements of fire and light. She voids the element of darkness with infernal knowledge.
Persona Lore/History; Beliza is something of a glamorized movie vampire. Hundreds of years old, while still appearing quite youthful; sexual, predatory, and dominant. She is protective and nurturing in her own way, however. Her make-up is based partly on the Leanan Sidhe, which is known to seduce artists, and steal away their life, while driving them to even higher levels of artistic mastery.  In Beliza's case, one could safely replace 'art' with 'divination'. It should be noted that Beliza has appeared many times, in Shine's dreams, to the man, even before she manifested as a Persona. She is, in some ways, a muse, and spiritual guide.
Weapon of Choice;; Throwing knives/pocket knife
Skills; Divination (genuine power, not 'cold reading'), cooking, speaks English and Latin fluently, well versed in esoteric lore. 
Hobbies; Cooking, studying (Eastern European history, means of divination).
Likes; Being right, peace, quiet, cats.
Dislikes; Being wrong, disruptions, passionate non-believers; Those who ask for, and then fail to take seriously, his divinations.
Quirks;
Ons; Bondage, sexual domination.
Offs; See O/O
Personality;  Shine is a stout stoic, and quiet loner. Because he was injured in a car accident and lost his eye at a young age, he has suffered bullying and teasing at the hands of his peers. This has, in turn, driven him away from social interaction. However, he is able to put on a friendly face and demeanor when he interacts with his customers.
Personal History; Not a native to Inaba, Shine actually was born in the city of Sapporo. His mother was a Geisha, and his father owned a modestly successful ramen shop. A small Buddhist shrine in the area is where he usually spent his days, when not in school; other children were brought there by their parents to play someplace relatively safe.  This choice in playgrounds would have serious, unforeseeable consequences, however.

One day, while playing, their was a large, high speed collision by the shrine.  Metal chunks went flying everywhere, and Shine was close to the road at the time. A piece of shrapnel ended up flying right by his face, and, because of how he was positioned, damaged his left eye. Screams of pure, unadulterated pain and terror were enough to summon an adult, who was able to call emergency services and get people out there... however, the damage done to his eye was too severe. It ended up needing to be removed.

Recovering in the hospital from this accident, and learning how to see and do just about anything with the lack of peripheral vision and depth perception was a trying experience. What care free youth and innocence he had died on the day of his injury, and a quiet bitterness settled in.

The other children never understood what really happened; most probably didn't care to. All they knew was that Shine was different, and he was a loser with one eye. Their cutting jabs and remarks caused the boy to distance himself from social interaction, and instead saw him develop two obsessions. The first, like many kids, was one with video games (and he often times still carries his PlayStation Portable wherever he goes).

His second interest was spawned from the first. Oracles, prophecies, prophets, fortune telling... all of these things showed up in his favorite RPGs, and curiosity and free time drove him to research them.  Around the time he was fourteen, he was still sort of experimenting and playing around with Tarot cards, but had actually gotten eerily quite good at it.

Around the time he began studying other forms of divination (specifically, Runes), he performed a small ritual (similar to the Persona game) in order to create a spirit guide to help him as he continued down the path of divine enlightenment.

A strange, pale woman, began showing up in his dreams. Always looking the same, always feeling the same, always with this strange surrealness to her. He surely thought that that must be it, much to his own surprise. He could barely remember what happened in his dreams, though some times random thoughts and feelings stuck with him. 

As life carried on and he graduated from high-school, he decided to say to hell with the typical act of going to cram school and fighting to get into a college. To hell with becoming a businessman or something like that; he knew what he wanted to do in life. He also wanted a change of scenery.

The fact he went to Inaba may be divine providence, or mere coincidence, but the place had a strange appeal to him. He showed up about one year ago, after a vision he had, and which he can only remember in snippets. With money borrowed from his father, he set up a fortune telling parlor in the newly expanded shopping district.

His clientele is pretty far ranging, but usually seems to include middle-aged house wives wanting reassurances (and not always getting them), or by kids who just think it's kind of cool (and usually end up shocked when his predictions turn out right). Most people in Inaba know about the "One-eyed Seer".

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it; A hospital, a place that still frightens Shine and where he spent much time after the traumatic loss of his eye. The hospital has a noticeable tilt to it, making it moderately more difficult to fight and move through; vision here is distorted and lessened due to how dark it is, representations of how difficult it was for Shine to learn how to function with only one eye.
Monsters:
Ocular Phantoms: Literal, basket-ball sized, floating eye-balls. They use a lot of magic, null most magic, and are weak to physical attacks. Spawned from his obsession with the lost eye.
Blind Surgeon: Strikes out with surgeon's tools, dealing slashing/stabbing damage. No magical talent, weaknesses, or strength. Lab coat is covered in blood splatters, and there is gauze bandaging wrapped around both eyes, soaked with blood. Spawned from his fear of surgeons.
Nurse: Women in a nurse's outfit, they have featureless faces, appearing much like the nurses from Silent Hill. They know one spell (Dia), and attack with Bashing damage punches. Spawned by his hatred of the nurses, and their boundless optimism.
Table Poltergeist: What appears to be a table that is animated and attacks with Bashing damage hits. Spawned by all the times he crashed into a table while trying to figure out how to walk after his injury.
Check out my poet tree!

Vergil1989

For a work in progress I am so looking forward to the finished product Hanged buddy.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Starlequin

Name: Takeo Satoshi
Sexuality: Bisexual

Appearance:

Eye Color: Green
Hair Color/Style: See Image
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks: Satoshi wears a small jade pendant around his neck, a dark blue dragon tattoo on his right shoulder, and several nasty scars and needle track marks up and down his left arm.

Student or teacher? Student
Teacher of/Student of? Chemistry

Job? No
Job position/title if you have one: N/A

Arcana Choice: Magician
Summon Persona Preference: Other
Other Means: Satoshi spends a lot of time in the chemistry labs, and during his studies has developed a rather unusual concoction with very unique properties. Using his own blood as a base, and pure will as a catalyst, Satoshi brews arcane alchemical potions that, when used, allow him to summon a powerful and deadly incarnation of his own psyche. He keeps several vials of his potions on his person at all times, in a small pouch on his belt.

Persona Name: Simon Magus
Persona Appearance: 

Powers and abilities: Simon, much like Satoshi, moves fast and thinks faster. He wields a long, double-hooked rod for physical attacks and conjuring. He has the ability to generate moderate barrier shields to protect himself and Satoshi from lower-end physical attacks, and wields power over the elements, especially fire and wind, but is weak against darkness magics. His physical power is below average, but he has an above average critical strike rate to make up for it.
Persona Lore/History: Hundreds of years ago, Simon Magus was one of the greatest wizards and conjurers of his age, known far and wide for his quick wit and magical prowess. Many wealthy merchants and nobles patronized him for his talents, and he served as court magician for many rich and royal houses. That is, until a new sorcerer appeared and challenged his abilities. Simon was defeated and publicly humiliated by the newcomer, whose powers were drawn from a Faustian bargain. In a desperate rage, Simon sought out another demon and struck his own bargain for power; however, his anger made him careless in his dealing with the spirit. His power increased greatly, but Simon was trapped in limbo until someone in the living world summoned him back. Since his imprisonment, he has languished in the between spaces, longing for even the smallest measure of freedom. Now he aids Satoshi as best he can, in exchange for the freedom the summoner affords him

Weapon of Choice: Satoshi uses a 1.5" thick, 6' oaken staff with a heavy crystal haft on one end, a perfect tool for focusing eldritch energies and casting powerful spells. Also useful for thwonking monsters -- and smart-ass summoners -- in the head.

Skills: Research, compounding, analysis, cooking, drink-mixing
Hobbies: Studying, reading, robotics, locksmithery, playing the piano
Likes: Rainy days, well-stocked labs, solitude, music, mystery novels, coffee
Dislikes: Snow, crowds, tasteless jokes, sappy romance, idiots with authority
Quirks: Likes to run his fingers over objects, but doesn't like to be touched
Ons: O/O page
Offs: O/O page

Personality: Satoshi is rather friendly on the outside, but he often gives the impression (whether true or false) that his friendship comes at a price. At times subtle and obvious by turns, he has a knack for sniffing out the secrets and weaknesses of others; however, what his purpose in seeking such knowledge could be is shrouded in uncertainty. It's possible Satoshi himself doesn't even know, and simply does it out of a compulsion to possess knowledge that others would deny him. As a result, he doesn't really have many real friends, but this doesn't seem to bother him very much. Those who do hang around him, however, are often wary of him, and afford him the cautious respect of a snake that could strike at any time.

Deeper down, however, Satoshi is much colder than he seems. He does have empathy for others -- somewhere -- but it's a hard thing to find, and only the worthiest will ever see it. Be it because of genuine cruelty or simply well-concealed loneliness, his heart seems wrapped in an endless winter of contempt, and it will take a great deal of effort to break through the icy shell of his soul. Of course, whether there is a secret kernel of warmth and humanity that lies within Satoshi, or just more ice, is another thing entirely...

Personal History: Takeo Satoshi is the only son of pharmaceutical magnate Takeo Ichirou, one of the richest men in Japan. His three younger sisters (Sakuya, Mokoto, and Mai) still live at home under their father's domineering thumb, but Satoshi has lived away from home for almost seven years now. Boarding schools in America and Switzerland have afforded him a top-notch education, and Satoshi has often been at the top of his classes, especially in science and math courses. His sisters are showing equal ability in their own schoolwork, but their father appears intent on keeping them at home, possibly planning to use them as collateral in business mergers with other companies. Satoshi hopes the girls will be able to break away from their father's control as he has.

Mr. Takeo no doubt dreams of his son taking the reins of his business empire and expanding their holdings to epic proportions, but Satoshi has other ideas. His fascination with chemical reactions and their myriad effects have led him to several interesting discoveries, including compounds that accelerate the body's natural healing mechanisms and produce powerful psychedelic hallucinations. Satoshi may take over his father's business, but it's unlikely he'll take it anywhere Mr. Takeo will approve of.

Satoshi transferred to the university in Inaba to complete his Masters Degree in chemistry, and not at all because of a certain incident with two very strapping, very hostile rugby players at his previous school. Besides, the fire department arrived and extinguished the flames before either of the young men could be completely consumed, and the last Satoshi heard they were both eating solid food again, so no harm done. His father was able to use his considerable influence to keep things hushed up and smoothed over, but only on the condition that Satoshi found a new school to finish his education. The Takeo family agreed, and now Satoshi attends Inaba University on a sort of familial probation.

Currently Satoshi lives in a small but comfortable campus apartment and receives a generous stipend each month from his family trust. As a result, he has a great deal of free time, much of which is spent in either the school's library or science labs, working on various experiments. He hasn't made many friends in Inaba yet, and doesn't have many plans to do so. However, when studying a subject as volatile as chemistry, who knows what will happen?

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it: Satoshi's inner dungeon takes the form of a vast, frozen library, with biting arctic winds and blinding blizzards swirling through miles of corridors of book shelves that stretch to the heavens and run as far as the eye can see. Traps are scattered throughout, assailing those who dare to enter with rains of quill pen darts and floods of cold, black ink, and ferocious little monsters (including imps, winged harpies, and packs of wolves) formed from shards of ice and the tattered pages of unfinished and forgotten books stalk through the labrynthine halls, seeking to rend and tear the flesh of any fool that challenges their domain. The dungeon is controlled by Satoshi's shadow, a vicious and sadistic being that takes the form of Satoshi's own sillouhette, black and empty as the starless sky, and just as pitiless. Can Satoshi come to terms with the darkness within himself? Does he even want to?
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

pendarious

Name; Shiryuu Ayane(Ayne is her first name)
Gender;Female
Sexuality; Bi
Age; 20
Appearance;
Eye Color;Green
Hair Color/Style;kept in a ponytail
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks; has a tattoo of a fox running this stretches across her back and shoulders
Student or teacher? student
Teacher of/Student of? Archeology
Job? Clerk at Junes
Job position/title if you have one; cashier
Arcana Choice; Death Arcana
Summon Persona Preference; evoker gun
Other Means; N/A
Persona Name; Hades
Persona Appearance; Hades appearance is that of a tall figure wearing a long black duster coat, black shirt under that with black pants, boots, and gloves. His exposed head is that of a horse and he has a musketeer style hat. His weapon of choice is a sword with an obsidian colored blade.
Powers and abilities; He is a swift moving persona but he tires fairly quickly if he doesn’t take short pauses. His sword deals heavy dark damage and if it hits close to the eyes then it may inflict blindness for a short amount of time. When his full potential is achieved it will inflict festering wounds that will cause a sort of decay effect. He is weak to light type abilities.
Persona Lore/History; In ancient Greece he was Alexander the great however after his fall he angered hades the lord of the dead who absorbed him because he was a powerful soul. He now takes the form described above because this is the form that Ayane sees the keeper of the dead.
Weapon of Choice;; Ayane’s weapon of choice is a blade that has a similar appearance to the one her persona wields. Originally it was just a long sword but after the first time she summons her persona the blade is morphed to match the weapon of her persona.
Skills; a practitioner of fencing, can easily determine the authenticity of items, running swiftly
Hobbies; studying ancient civilizations and cultures, watching anime, listening to music, reading, playing video games, and fencing
Likes; anything she does as a hobby, tea, niku udon, and being alone
Dislikes; anyone she considers a jerk, crowded places, ignorant people, and people who try to sell fake items.
Quirks; has a tendency to say “the RNG gods must be angry” whenever something bad happens to her, she is able to sleep sitting/standing up
Ons; she has a bit of a foot fetish, she also really likes anal
Offs; urine, and scat and people who are really sick and include blood in sexual activities
Personality; Ayane is a relatively quiet girl who tends to avoid large crowds. She is loyal almost to a fault to anyone she considers a friend. She can be sarcastic. If anything though she is extremely blunt and forward about things.
Her blunt and forward nature makes her seem rather weird to many people. She also doesn’t care what other people think of her. If she doesn’t like someone she will tell them straight to their face.

Personal History; Ayane was born the daughter of Shiryuu Anise and shiryuu kouga. Anise was a history professor at Tokyo university until she settled down in Inaba after falling in love with one of her students who as it turned out was about 9 years older than her. Shiryuu Kouga was a miner at the coal mines of Inaba in the last years of its operation. Kouga then went to school in hopes of acquiring a degree so that he could get a new and better job. The two fell in love at the university. After they were married they settled down in Kouga’s hometown.
Ayane was born 2 years after their marriage. Kouga was now a police officer and Anise a teacher at the local high school. Much of Ayane’s youth was spent running around causing trouble for people. She was a wild and rambunctious child. However one day she went a little too far and with the help of some of her friends set a neighbors car on fire. The police were called in and she had to face her father. After this she settled down and tried to everything she could to please her father. Her behavior changed, her grades in school improved, she never did anything that would risk breaking the law again.
She is now in the local community college for a two year prep program before transferring to Tokyo University. She is a model student and is referred to as a recluse. It’s all because she doesn’t like large crowds.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it; the dungeon itself takes on the form of a pyramid which symbolizes her love of ancient architecture. It is filled with a labyrinth and many traps. Monsters include mummies, Anubis type statues (these are monsters who look like statues of the god Anubis that hover and shoot poisonous gas at their targets)flaming chariots, snakes, and spiders. The boss of the dungeon is her shadow. The shadow at first looks like Ayane but then transforms into a naga like being with a scythe for a weapon.

let it be noted that the personality that I've described is the personality she shows to everyone. the dungeon is a sort of laydown of past horrors and inner thoughts which i'll go more into detail on when we actually go into it.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Bloody Rose

Bah I wish I knew about persona I would had joined if I did, good luck people

Vergil1989

Very beautifully done Pend man.  A few grammar issues but nothing serious.  Keep up the awesome work and we'll have an awesome group in no time lol.  And Star, sorry I didn't see your profile sooner.  You too have done an awesome job and I hope that this group continues to grow bigger lol.  We MIGHT have enough people to get a start on this, but I'm hoping for at least two more completed profiles before I get too far ahead of myself.  Zara, you don't have to know about Persona or the games they came from.  I'll be explaining everything and already have to some degree already in the first couple of posts, just read up if you feel the need to join in my friend.  If not, I understand and wish you luck as well pal.

Bloody Rose

I would but I know next to nothing, to start I dont know what roles the arcana cards play in this or a lot of other questions, I would love to join but my knowledge its none existent

Vergil1989

The Arcanas are basically personality types in a sense, symbolizing what each person is most like in Tarot Card form.  It's more than that however, signifying a journey that all Persona users take together, growing stronger as a person, and once a certain point is reached, their powers increase as their hearts and minds become balanced in every sense of the word, so to speak.  It's a lot more deep than that but that's the gist of the Arcana for you lol.  Each Arcana has certain Personas attached to them, for example the Magician Arcana are full of magically empowered warriors and sorcerers, gods, or demons, etc.  I am happy to answer whatever you wish or direct you to the wiki page so you can research on your own, whatever you like my friend.

Bloody Rose