The Elysium Society ~ Modern BDSM [Recruitment] LGBTQ+ & Poly

Started by Wistful Dream, June 09, 2021, 01:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wistful Dream

Elysium's origins are... murky, historically. There are some that claim it's been around since ancient times, others since the Dark Ages. After all, people do so love the idea of a secret society having a long and storied past. What can be easily confirmed is that the Elysium Society, as it is known now, has been present in Europe since before the Victorian Era, though that was when it truly began to grow, and when a chapter was originally set up in New York City as well. Back then it was perhaps less supplied with toys and accessories, but the Society has always been full of people who explored pleasure fearlessly and frequently shared partners.

That history has adjusted over the years, and the New York Chapter (while the first on American soil) is far from the only one. To date, Chapters exist in most major cities, including a few that might surprise. What has always remained the same is the safety and privacy that are valued by the members and the ethics that have always bound their explorations.

Malibu is one of several chapters in California (the first was in San Francisco), but it is without a doubt one of the most lively and lavish, with the funding for its clubhouse provided largely by -TBA-.  Set up eight years ago, the Malibu Chapter is a vibrant, active part of the Society and frequently hosts events that attract visits from members across the country.

To become a Member of the Society, one must first become an Initiate.

Initiates are those who have applied to become part of the Society after being vouched for by an existing member in good standing. Applicants are introduced to the Councilmembers, complete a thorough background check, and sign an exacting, and air-tight Non-Disclosure Agreement. Only once they have passed the interview and screening are they invited to the monthly tour and Initiate Night at the Clubhouse where they are expected to confirm who their mentor will be for the three month period of their start with the Society. All these steps are taken to protect both the newcomers and those well-entrenched within the community.

The path to membership has been the same for years, though the requirements adjust with time and awareness, striving to ensure that within its boundaries only safe, sane, and consensual kink is practiced with full understanding and education of what that looks like.   

RANK & LEADERSHIP

There are three ranks within each Chapter of the Society.

Councilmember

There are five Councilmembers in the Malibu Chapter, and that is the typical number for others as well. It is purposefully an odd number so there are no tied votes on decisions they make. Councilmembers are the ones who plan events, interview Initiate's, and provide leadership within the Society. It is very rare for them to pull rank, as most of what they do is in the background and the goal is always to have a diverse range of preferences and styles on the Council. Councilmembers who choose to step down can select their replacement, but the Council must vote to approve the new member.

The Malibu Chapter Councilmembers are -

Aaron Jacobs ~ Tim Rutherford ~ Beatrice Talbot ~ Genevieve Luciano-Amaya ~ Anaïs Davis

A member of the Society is someone who has completed their Initiation period and proven they can practice SSC (safe, sane, consensual) BDSM. They have full access to any Chapter they might travel to. Perks and special events are held for the Members, an example would be first access to special lines carried by Sensations, the Society's preferred vendor for toys and accessories.

Initiate

Initiate is the term used for anyone within the first three months of their membership.

Wistful Dream

IN CHARACTER RULES

1. All members must be at least eighteen years old.
2 Discretion of the society and its members is expected and required. Any violation will result in a revoked membership and legal actions taken.
3 Members begin as initiates and after a three-month vetting process, initiates will become members and have full access to the Society and its perks.
4 Any illegal activities or possible crimes brought to light will result in immediate removal until the party appears before the council members and can explain themselves. Membership will be revoked until a decision is voted on by all five council members.

GAME RULES

1. The GMs are Wistful Dream, Phobetor, & Bibliophilia.
2. The expectation is for the writing to be in 3rd person.
3. No god-modding, please. If a post requires a character to be moved, please ask the writer before making assumptions.
4. While this is a group game and shorter posts are the norm, one-liners are not allowed.
5. If a character is inactive for more than two weeks without the writer informing the GMs, they will be deemed inactive.
6. No OOC drama. We're here to have fun! If there are any issues, bring them to the GMs.
7. Please have an open mind to write with many of our wonderful writers but also keep in mind that sometimes vibes don't match. Don't take it personally if a writer doesn't wish to write with you.
8. Make sure that the Content Warning is used appropriately. Some scenes can be considered intense or triggering, and while some people may enjoy it, others might not.
9. This game is NOT set up for strictly monogamous relationships, and while they can happen between two consenting writers please do not expect other writers to default to a possessive, exclusive relationship.

OFF LIMIT'S PLAY

* Incest
* Mutilation or other play liable to cause permanent scarring
* Any scenes without the use of a safe word or traffic-light system.
* Non-Consent and/or Rape
* Bigotry (E.g. Racism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Misogyny, or Misandry.)

INITIATE EXPECTIONS - FIRST THREE MONTHS

1. Events within the Society (such as Demo days, Activities/Outings, Trips) are encouraged. It is a time to build connections.
2. No outside guests. At all. One cannot be invited to events/activities if not an initiate.
3. A basic tour of the facilities will be provided so the initiates are aware of what is available to them.
4. Initiates are encouraged to have a mentor and/or to connect with a council member if they have any questions or concerns.
5. Initiates begin with access to the Malibu clubhouse only. They are allowed to travel WITH the Malibu society, but only AFTER the three months vetting process are they able to travel and be welcomed in other cities.
6. Initiates must complete at least one online class that details signs of unhealthy relationships and one online class that explain the importance of BDSM etiquette and safety.

Wistful Dream

GLOSSARY

Aftercare When a scene is over, aftercare is the emotional and physical care that’s administered, usually by a top. Proper aftercare may be used to prevent a drop, and often to help both top and bottom settle.

BDSM An umbrella term used to describe a sexual practice that involves the use of physical control, psychological power, or pain. It typically includes the components of bondage and discipline, domination and submission, or sadism or masochism.

Bottom The person in a scene who follows the orders and receives the sensations.

Consent Agreeing to certain acts in a BDSM scene or relationship. Practitioners believe that consent is what separates BDSM from assault.

Dominant or Dom/me A person who has authority in a BDSM relationship.

Dominance and Submission (D/S) A term for the behaviors or rituals that a submissive person follows in a BDSM relationship. In D/S, one person usually has power over another.

Drop The physical or emotional exhaustion that takes place after a scene. Both tops and bottoms may experience a drop. Crying, feeling sad, and physical shaking are all signs of a drop.

Hard Limits An activity that a person in a BDSM relationship absolutely won’t do. A hard limit can’t be negotiated. For this game it would be anything under the character's Offs.

Masochist An individual who likes or becomes sexually gratified by their own pain or humiliation.

Play A term used to describe the BDSM acts themselves.

Protocol A rule or rules that people practicing BDSM agree to follow.

Sadist A person who enjoys or becomes sexually aroused by inflicting pain or humiliation on someone else.

Safe, Sane, and Consensual (SSC) This phrase describes what the BDSM community considers ethical behavior. Kink enthusiasts stress that activities must always be safe, sane, and consensual.

Safe Word An agreed upon word or phrase that a bottom, sub, or slave can say during a scene to stop the activity or session immediately. Some common safe words are “red,” “red light,” “pineapple,” and “banana.”

Soft Limits A limit that’s more flexible than a hard limit. It might be an act that a person is hesitant to perform but may be willing to try. For this game these should be thoroughly discussed previously.

Scene The actual BDSM activities or encounters that take place are known as a scene.

Submissive Someone who submits to a dominant person in a BDSM relationship or scene. Submissive can be shortened to sub.

Switch A person who sometimes plays a top and sometimes plays a bottom in a BDSM scene.

Top The person who performs the BDSM acts in a scene.

Wistful Dream

Character Name

Basic Information
Name: Legal name
Birthday:
Relationship Status:
Society Position: (Initiate, Member)
Vouched for By: (All characters should be vouched for by someone, it can be an NPC or a character already part of the game. Do not add someone without their permission)

Physical Information:
Height / Build:
Hair / Eye Colour:
Faceclaim: (Faceclaim name here)

Personality & History

Personality: At least one paragraph describing their general personality.

History: At least 3 short paragraphs describing their general life experience including how they came to find the club.

Traits

Dislikes: A list of things the character dislikes. Non-sexual.
Skills: A list of things the character is talented/skilled at. Non-sexual. No more than five, these should be exceptional skills.

Sexual Information

(Please delete this after filling out this section. Ons/Offs should be listed for the individual character. As you are not your character the character's ons/offs should likely differ from yours in at least some ways so I would prefer this filled out over a link to Ons/Offs threads. Listed things should include (G), (R) or (B) after each listed preference. These are for (Giving), (Receiving) or (Both). This will help to avoid confusion as simply listing 'Anal Sex' does not tell you whether they only like to give it, receive it or both. Please ensure you read this segment before writing smut with another person's character and that you particularly respect any offs.)

Character Ons:

Character Offs:

Extras

Any additional information that does not fit elsewhere. Some ideas might be a car, pets, home or favorite song.

To Submit the Character Sheet please PM it to Wistful Dream, Bibliophilia & Phobetor
[float=left][img height=200 padding=15]https://i.imgur.com/CmmuUkZ.png[/img][/float][center][size=12pt][u][b]Character Name[/b][/u][/size][/center]

[u][b]Basic Information[/b][/u]
[b]Name:[/b] Legal name
[b]Age:[/b] 18+
[b]Birthday:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Relationship Status:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Society Position:[/b] (Initiate, Member)
[b]Vouched for By:[/b] (All characters should be vouched for by someone, it can be an NPC or a character already part of the game. Do not add someone without their permission)

[u][b]Physical Information:[/b][/u]
[b]Height / Build:[/b]
[b]Hair / Eye Colour:[/b]
[b]Faceclaim:[/b] (Faceclaim name here)

[center][img height=200]https://i.imgur.com/CmmuUkZ.png[/img][img height=200]https://i.imgur.com/CmmuUkZ.png[/img][img height=200]https://i.imgur.com/CmmuUkZ.png[/img][/center]

[hr]

[center][size=12pt][u][b]Personality & History[/b][/u][/size][/center]

[b]Personality:[/b] At least one paragraph describing their general personality.

[b]History:[/b] At least 3 short paragraphs describing their general life experience including how they came to find the club.

[hr]

[center][size=12pt][u][b]Traits[/b][/u][/size][/center]

[b]Likes:[/b] A list of things the character likes. Non-sexual.
[b]Dislikes:[/b] A list of things the character dislikes. Non-sexual.
[b]Skills:[/b] A list of things the character is talented/skilled at. Non-sexual.

[hr]

[center][size=12pt][u][b]Sexual Information[/b][/u][/size][/center]

(Please delete this after filling out this section. Ons/Offs should be listed for the individual character. As you are not your character the character's ons/offs should likely differ from yours in at least some ways so I would prefer this filled out over a link to Ons/Offs threads. Listed things should include (G), (R) or (B) after each listed preference. These are for (Giving), (Receiving) or (Both). This will help to avoid confusion as simply listing 'Anal Sex' does not tell you whether they only like to give it, receive it or both. Please ensure you read this segment before writing smut with another person's character and that you particularly respect any offs.)

[b]Character Ons:[/b]

[b]Character Offs:[/b]

[hr]

[center][size=12pt][u][b]Extras[/b][/u][/size][/center]

Any additional information that does not fit elsewhere. Some ideas might be a car, pets, home or favorite song.

Bibliophilia

Right now the game has three events for the month of January, all have just kicked off and there's plenty of time for new characters to join and get involved!

For those looking to enjoy a demonstration of kinks, there's the DEMO DAY event, held on the 3rd of January.  In the morning there will be a demonstration of how to introduce anal play and sex into one's sexual explorations, with Marcel Lamboley and Siobhan Walker.  Following that will be a buffet luncheon where members can mingle and relax, or possibly sneak off to one of the private rooms to enjoy themselves before the afternoon's demonstration.  After lunch, Becca Miller and Isaac Hughes will be putting on a demonstration of pet play and pet ownership.

The second single-day event for the month is a LITTLE DAY sleepover, pizza party, and cupcake decorating event for littles and Caregivers.  This event is being held at the Society clubhouse and all are welcome, whether they are a little, a middle, a CG, or simply curious about that type of relationship dynamic.  There will be plenty of chances for characters to engage in conversation, activities and there are private rooms open if characters have the desire to make their interactions more intimate than is encouraged in the public areas of the event.  One doesn't need to have a little or CG in order to attend.

Our main event for the month of January is a week-long SKI TRIP in a stunning resort in the Sierra Nevada mountains.  The Elysium Society has rented out the resort for the exclusive use of society members which means they have the lodge all to themselves, including hot springs, public play space, private rooms, and personal cabins.  They also have full access to the whole range of winter sports and activities on the mountain.  This event spans the week of the 8th-16th, but characters are not required or expected to attend the whole week, if they do not desire.

All events are entirely optional, and welcoming to both new and long-time members!

We just wanted to note that while this is a big game with a lot of posts and characters, the lack of an over-arching plot or directed gameplay means that new players do not need to feel intimidated or as if they will be behind in some way.  Our current players are all fabulously welcoming and eager to offer connections and scenes to newcomers, and the GMs are always happy to help in any way we can to assist our players in finding scenes and connections if they need a bit of guidance!

Also, as this has been a concern in the past, the scenes in the game are encouraged to only involve up to about 5 characters at a time, and the vast majority of scenes are one-on-one scenes between two characters.  We also have a wide range of posting speeds and all of our players are very patient with writers who can't respond more than the minimum required.  We have a generous allowance for each in-game month that should allow for even less speedy posters to complete their chosen scenes, as well as a history thread that offers a space for older scenes to transition to if they can't be completed within the allotted time frame.  We understand that everyone has to write at their own pace and will never pressure anyone to post more swiftly than they feel comfortable doing so.

persephone325

Posting for updates. Can't commit 100% right now, but this does pique my interest. ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Wistful Dream

persephone!! ~adores on~ It's so lovely to see you. <3 I will say the game is pretty good at allowing for flexibility on posting schedule, we confirmed a plan to have about a four months OOC to one month IC with a transition period toward the end. I really hope we get to write together!

Bibliophilia

Welcome, Persephone!  -grins.-  I totally understand not feeling up to jumping in just yet, luckily with this game you can join whenever and never have to feel like you're behind or need to catch up by reading a bunch of posts!

I'm excited about your interest and look forward to playing with you when you feel ready to join!

persephone325

Quote from: Wistful Dream on July 01, 2021, 10:35:40 PM
persephone!! ~adores on~ It's so lovely to see you. <3 I will say the game is pretty good at allowing for flexibility on posting schedule, we confirmed a plan to have about a four months OOC to one month IC with a transition period toward the end. I really hope we get to write together!

*snuggles Wisti* Hello, beautiful. <3 I'm dipping my toes back into the Elliquiy pool after a while away. ^^

I just got a second job, so I'll probably wait a week or two after working there to get my body used to 8 hour shifts again. I expect the burnout to be real. lol But I'm definitely poking my nose around. ;)

Quote from: Bibliophilia on July 01, 2021, 10:40:17 PM
Welcome, Persephone!  -grins.-  I totally understand not feeling up to jumping in just yet, luckily with this game you can join whenever and never have to feel like you're behind or need to catch up by reading a bunch of posts!

I'm excited about your interest and look forward to playing with you when you feel ready to join!

*huggles Bibs* Hey, you! ^^ I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of character I can come up with for you guys. XD
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Wistful Dream

Quote from: persephone325 on July 01, 2021, 10:49:50 PM
*snuggles Wisti* Hello, beautiful. <3 I'm dipping my toes back into the Elliquiy pool after a while away. ^^

I just got a second job, so I'll probably wait a week or two after working there to get my body used to 8 hour shifts again. I expect the burnout to be real. lol But I'm definitely poking my nose around. ;)

Seeing you always makes me smile. <3 I'm glad you are coming back, though that sounds so daunting! Try to make sure you get plenty of down time to decompress too. Please know if you have any questions or just want to chat you can post in the thread or PM me. ~cuddles~

persephone325

Quote from: Wistful Dream on July 01, 2021, 10:51:26 PM
Seeing you always makes me smile. <3 I'm glad you are coming back, though that sounds so daunting! Try to make sure you get plenty of down time to decompress too. Please know if you have any questions or just want to chat you can post in the thread or PM me. ~cuddles~

*blush* You're always such a lovely person. You never fail to make me feel good. ;D
I don't know.

Wistful Dream

Aw, and now it's my turn to blush. ~hugs~ You make it easy.

Timeless

-slides in and salutes!-

I hope it's not too late to voice out my interest, but if it isn't, I would like to join if you'll have me. O:)

I have to check on the list of faceclaims but I'm interested in claiming Xiu Akay and Sabrina Claudio, if they are available. Just two characters at the moment and see how it goes.

Haloriel

Woo! A Timeless. So out of time. Just killin' it with tick tockery. I'm all dead last with the puns, ha.

Phobetor

Quote from: Timeless on August 18, 2021, 01:00:54 AM
-slides in and salutes!-

I hope it's not too late to voice out my interest, but if it isn't, I would like to join if you'll have me. O:)

I have to check on the list of faceclaims but I'm interested in claiming Xiu Akay and Sabrina Claudio, if they are available. Just two characters at the moment and see how it goes.

Hello!

So glad to see your interest! We're always looking for new faces to join our madhouse!

Both of those Face claims are available if you'd like to submit your CS for review! Please make sure to submit them to all three GMs  ;D
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Timeless

Quote from: Haloriel on August 18, 2021, 04:26:30 AM
Woo! A Timeless. So out of time. Just killin' it with tick tockery. I'm all dead last with the puns, ha.

Now you see me.. -slides out- Now you don't! Doing my tick tockery trick, yoooo!

-slips back in- Ah hem.

Quote from: Phobetor on August 18, 2021, 04:55:18 AM
Hello!

So glad to see your interest! We're always looking for new faces to join our madhouse!

Both of those Face claims are available if you'd like to submit your CS for review! Please make sure to submit them to all three GMs  ;D

-salutes!- Will do! Thank you so much for the warm welcome, and I'll send the sheets when they are done! I'll have to see about who my characters will be vouched by, but I figured I can discuss about that later on.

Wistful Dream

Hi Timeless! We are happy to have you join. <3 A lot of times the vouched by gets figured out after the character profile is submitted and it can mean a fun character connection to start off with.

Timeless

Quote from: Wistful Dream on August 18, 2021, 08:29:53 AM
Hi Timeless! We are happy to have you join. <3 A lot of times the vouched by gets figured out after the character profile is submitted and it can mean a fun character connection to start off with.

-waves!- Thank you for the warm welcome, Wisti, my dear! Glad I could be joining your game. <3 And ah, thanks for the explanation! I hope to figure something out when it comes to character connections. Hopefully, we'll be able to get some character connections once my sheets are done?

Wistful Dream

<3 I'm thrilled to have a chance to write with you again. And yes of course, we can totally figure out some connections once you submit your characters! I'm sure the whole group will be happy to offer them, honestly. We are a pretty welcoming bunch.

Bibliophilia

You have excellent timing, Timeless!  -pause for groans.-  We're just about to start a new in-game month, so this is absolutely the best time to get involved!  I'm super excited that you are looking to jump in!

Codexa

Phobetor

Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Bibliophilia

Welcome to Mardi Gras!

The Elysium Society has begun a new in-game month!  With the move to March, the society is holding a Mardi Gras-themed mixer for all members of the club, and we'd love to see you there!

General Game Information

Click the link above for general information about the game and access to a character sheet!  Our community of players is friendly, inclusive, and eager to welcome new people.  The GMs work hard to ensure everyone is having a good time, no one feels left out of the fun and we're always happy to field questions or lend a hand when it's needed.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or PM Phobetor, Wistful Dream, and Bibliophilia!

Devilyn Sydhe

Hello, this looks interesting so I'm dipping my toe back into rp and would love to reserve Tom Hiddleston for this if possible. 

Wistful Dream

We are happy to have you! I will mark down the face claim. If you have any questions during character creation feel free to post here or PM.