[DnD 5e] Seeking DM for Smutty-ish High Seas 2 Player Game - Discord or Forum

Started by Rummy Tum Tum, April 01, 2021, 04:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rummy Tum Tum

Hey hey, and yo ho!

I've been looking at the Complete Guide to Nautical Campaigns by Guy Sclanders, and it gave me a huge craving for some high sea adventure. I would love to dive into the life of a crew of lovable scallywag pirates/mercs, using the Nautical Campaigns ship and officer role rules if that's possible.

Edit: I first had the title read that I wanted a Ghosts of Saltmarsh game since it's new to me and a DM could read and run it (or even just take the fleshed out city and use it for setting) without having to make a full homebrew, but I'd be more than happy with a homebrew high seas game if a DM prefers.

You might be wondering why I put this as a 2 Player campaign. The answer is it's kind of testing a theory. While I love and crave having a 4-6 person party to bounce ideas off of and interact with, Play by Post is naturally pretty slow, and tends to get rougher/more easily bogged down with the more people involved, since everybody starts worrying about when to post, who to wait for, and accidentally leaving others behind. And that's not to mention the inactivity problem PbP has. This has me thinking that maybe having a lower player count could help the pacing of a game.

That, and/or strict posting rules, and definitely lots of communication to make sure everybody's on the same page and have similar levels of investment. A lot of times, players join because they want to play DnD, but aren't prepared to invest much into acting and interacting throughout the game.

Content wise, my friend Malrunar and I like a somewhat lighter tone. Not devoid of bad/evil things happening nor full of jokes and memes; just not grimdark. And speaking of, I prefer not to have any kind of rape in DnD. It really destroys the game for me and makes me uncomfortable playing in it. Dubcon can work for me on the other hand, as long as there's discussion beforehand and ends with characters having enjoyed themselves.

Edit: On a less serious note, now knowing the characters Malrunar and I have decided to use, things could get quite smutty. For the most part smut's at its best with flirtation and/or chemistry involved--when it feels natural and fun and passionate--but then it's also fun when kinky entanglements and group sex ensues, particularly with monstrous races.

We both prefer story and romance (and especially PC/NPC stories and growth) as the main driving forces of a campaign, though our characters will also enjoy fun romps with interested and sexy, charismatic people. It would be very fun to go on sexual side adventures too, and for a lot of kinks to be explored, as long as fun and exciting story stuff happens and there's room for character interaction and development.

Last but not least, we both think Discord makes for a good DnD playing option, since there's naturally less pressure on writing a long or super deep post every time, and that does wonders to prevent writer's block. Plus the atmosphere of discord OOC, with multiple channels for different topics, is just fun and easy.  We could play here on E, but Discord's our preference.

Some of the kinkier smut content that we'd enjoy between the PCs and NPCs are (may be added to later):

Knotting
Breeding/Risk of Pregnancy/Pregnancy (PCs only)
Primal sex
Futas
Monstergirls and Monsterboys and certain full on monsters
Tail pulling (PCs)
Double Penetration
Threesomes/orgies/gangbangs

Rummy Tum Tum

Update: A friend has signed on as the second player, just need a DM now. We happen to have a duo of DnD characters we haven't been able to play in a lasting game so far, so we're a little bit ahead on the character concept and party connection fronts. I'm also gonna be working on putting up my character concept soon.

Also wanted to add that I feel like a Session 0 talk before the game starts would be great. We could chat about things like: desired combat to roleplay ratios, house rules, Play by Post combat, content boundaries and expectations, themes and things we all wanna see, game tone, character goals, ons/offs, etc.

Malrunar

Bonus points on being able to start off with a higher (than level three) character!

Rummy Tum Tum

Haha yup, Mal’s never gotten past level 5 with a character, so a level 4-5 start would bring her closer to seeing that dream come true.

And extra  bonus points if shifters are A) allowed and B) not beholden to their age rules of mature at 10, die at 70 (it’s just so odd to me)

Rummy Tum Tum

Garrus Sigurdsson

Class: Paladin
Race: Shifter (Longtooth)
Sexuality: Polysexual (cis and trans women; feminine males)
Height: 6’3”
Background: Pirate

Concept: A straight-laced merchant ship captain turned pirate with a code. After being betrayed by the merchant prince he’d sailed under, Garrus lost many of his crew and seven long years of his life in prison. He emerged a changed man, having found his own personal sense of honor, a new appreciation for the criminal-minded, and a newfound loyalty to the mysterious deitic presence who has since granted him strength. In the years since his release, Garrus has partnered up with many a dangerous ally to earn his coin far and away from powerful, backstabbing nobles—be that ally smuggler, merc, or pirate. He’s joined the latter most bindingly of all, and even aims to run his own crew one day very soon. A crew that will do things differently, preying on the rich and powerful scum of the earth and making a fortune of it.

Personality: Garrus is very much a longtooth and a Northman in that he values the strength and prosperity of his pack—his clan—above all. He is loyal to those he remotely trusts to be loyal to him, and rages at even the thought of a friend being in danger—at least without him there to face it with them. He is open with his emotions in a way that sometimes baffles and sometimes frightens, depending on his mood, and he treasures freedom almost as much as he treasures his most precious code of honor. To him, loyalty to ones crew is a must; a recruited ally is more valuable than a murdered enemy; words are an immovable bond; and only the merciless deserve no mercy.

Rummy Tum Tum

After considering the kinkiness inherent with the pair of PCs we chose (particularly when they come together), I thought it only right to up the amount of smuttiness to expect, so I edited the title and first post to reflect that. Story, character dynamics, and fun, exciting moments are still at the top of the priority for us both, but lots of smut can happily add to that :)