Fitness, health, and body improvement.

Started by Maethaneos, January 13, 2021, 10:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maethaneos

My meme'ing in the Discord is actually genuine. Put that pizza down! It wants to KILL YOU! Well okay. It's not that bad. But it's worse than you probably think.

I may be the (new) health nut/borderline orthorexic here and I like to talk about it. It's a big passion of mine and I work in the nutrition industry as well. A dream job of mine would to be a personal trainer. If there is another health nut around here then we will be your new medical panel and you should be so lucky. Unless you find stevia repulsive and erythritol turns your ass into a faucet. Then the next milkshake you drink around here might taste terrible or give you a concussion (this makes sense, don't think too hard).

Alas, abstaining from a classic pleasure in life - sweets - isn't fun. What is fun is lifting. Let's start this topic off right.

Do you even lift, bro? If you don't -- why? Do you do another kind of exercise?
Be still my son; you're home.
Oh when did you become so cold?
The blade will keep on descending. All you need is to feel my love.
Search for beauty, find your shore.
Try to save them all, bleed no more.
You have such ocean's within.
In the end I will always love you.

Maethaneos

Can a mod move this to the Off Topic forum? There's so many categories I'm still getting lost. Though the kind of things I'll talk about here can indeed be controversial...

Oniya

Quote from: Maethaneos on January 13, 2021, 10:03:18 PM
Then the next milkshake you drink around here might taste terrible or give you a concussion (this makes sense, don't think too hard).

This is medically impossible.  The very definition of a concussion precludes it. 

A concussion is caused in one of two fashions.  First, is the classic blow to the head, whether that be a cosh on the noggin or colliding with a defensive lineman.  The other is a rapid change in velocity that causes the brain (floating in cerebrospinal fluid) to strike the inside of the skull.  This is more often seen in cases of whiplash or shaken baby syndrome.

With regards to milkshakes, the corresponding incidents would be either having the blender fall on your head, or choosing to make your milkshake by holding the ingredients in your mouth and attending a 2-hour thrash concert with accompanying head-banging.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Maethaneos

You get a concussion by your ass exploding so forcefully you hit the ceiling. Erythritol is wicked.

Oreo

Hi Maethaneos, : ) I had to look up Orthorexia, as I had not encountered it before. I hail from a fairly healthy eating background (Biblical standards). However, I am now disabled to the point of cooking being an intense battle of mind over matter, and how long I can remain standing to make said meal.

In most instances I try and eat the most basic form of a product, as it seems to me the healthiest method. Not that I do not indulge myself in your basic yummy food now and then, but I do my best.

Don't know much about milkshakes and what goes in them because I don't drink milk >.< I don't eat smoothies because I like my fruit fresh cut on the plate along with a portion of natural local artisan cheese.

Sugar is on my backburner most of the time. I prefer honey, or molasses in day to day living. More nutrient rich.

Just a little info on my preferences to get the ball rolling. Hope to hear back from you.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin