Seeking Pathfinder 1E or D&D 5E

Started by Mr L, October 02, 2020, 12:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr L

I like that! Gotta remember to keep it around.
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Vergil Tanner

Oh, it is a wonderful piece of 3PP. I love it to pieces, especially when I'm playing an archer xD

I'd be playing a Ranger with a Giant Owl companion if I thought the GM would be ok with me riding a flying owl, but for now I'll stick to horses xD
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Mr L

To be fair, EitR is great for more core Pathfinder. I'm a bigger fan still of Spheres of Might and Power. Gives amazing customization options that do so well in not making characters op, but also letting their build come online faster. A 1st lvl character could start out with effectively PBS, PS, RS, and still have the actual first lvl feat to pick.

Vergil Tanner

I've been playing around with Spheres of Might in another game. I can definitely see the appeal, though I personally prefer core over Spheres. But that's only because Spheres takes away a lot of what some of my favourite classes excel at xD

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Mr L

That's fair, there are parts of core I like better and there's parts I like spheres better (I think spheres can finally make a competent throwing expert that doesn't just suck). I haven't had much of a chance to play with spheres as much, and I'm sad for it lol

Vergil Tanner

Oh, I can definitely see the appeal of Spheres. I'm dabbling with an Unchained Monk who's dipping into the Boxing and Open Hand Spheres for some more combat options xD

Mr L

Oh yeah, unarmed is so much nicer with spheres too. I have an archetype armiger (weapon specializer class, archetype gives her the Warp sphere early on) who was fun to build and plan for, but idk if she'll get much play.

Vergil Tanner

Funnily enough, ranged isn't that much better in Spheres. Not the way I play my archers, anyway xD Mounted combat is also kinda meh in Spheres. Or at least, compared to mounted in Core. xD

Mr L

I haven't looked at a ton of options between the two. Oh my character is trying to be a decent tripper with a reach weapon to be able to cause lots of bleed damage. She doesn't even mean to make them bleed lol it's all accidental

Mr L

Still looking for a game, little more familiar with 5E again.

Mr L

Bump, still interested in either system

Mr L

Bumping this because still intereseted!

Mr L

Bumping out of desire to play something with a Staff Magus in Pathfinder or a Bladesinger in 5e!

Blinkin

Might there be room for one more?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Mr L

I don't have a group at all, but you're more than welcome to stay and see if a group forms or comes along!

Blinkin

Thanks. Who knows, GM's have appeared before when I make an appearance. lol I'm afraid that I would make a horrible GM though. I use to be decent in my younger days, but we're talking AD&D and Early editions of GURPS. The first time that I tried to run Pathfinder... well, crash and burned would be really, really generous.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Mr L

I tried running for a discord group, but drama in that channel killed the game before they hit lvl 2.

Blinkin

Yeah, drama can be a game killer. I wish that I had enough time to do actual live play these days, but if I get half an hour at any given time, I'm doing really well.

You know, I can count on one finger the number of times that my character has leveled in an on-line game? It was a Way Of The Wicked path and the player turn over was astounding, but the character did reach level 2. It's one of the reasons why I prefer to start play above level 1 these days. Nothing against 1st level, I just would like to see more than city guardsmen, kobalts and goblins. ;)

Of course, I should give up the idea of a purely melee character and do what everyone else does; take a magic class as primary and multiclass. I've never been a min/maxer anyway.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.