Battletech! Enough said!

Started by Latooni Subota, May 21, 2010, 08:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katina Tarask

Right now, it's looking more like we might need a GM.  Allie hasn't been around in a while.

Paladin

Quote from: Aether on June 09, 2010, 01:16:45 AM
This was my first table top game ever, still have lots and lots of books.

I did try and read through the 4 pages of ooc, but I cant tell where you are at player wise!  Do you need more peeps?

gods of Kobal, I love Battletech...

This is an online game. Its also using the Newest version of Battletech... if it ever starts.

To the others, I am willing to wait on allie, if someones willing to IM help me finish my character.

AllieCat

see my note elsewhere. Life has been extra crazy.. but this is the last week of the extra crazy :)

AllieCat

Update: One character has finalized their stats, and is just working on story. I'll try to catch up with other players as time allows (the fact that I'm posting at 5 AM may inform you that it may be a bitof time :P

Skystomp

I'm still around. Just been busy with RL stuff and haven't had time to sit down and re-work my char, he's got a Body of 1, and I'm not sure how to get it higher.
The only way you fail, is by not trying.
Linkara "I read it and I wish I hadn't!"

Aether

Quote from: AllieCat on May 22, 2010, 07:43:15 PM
Q1: Time frame

A) Succession Wars Era (3025-3039)
~or~
B) Clan Invasion (3050-3055

Q2:  Straight Battletech, Mechwarrior or mix?

C) Mix

Q3: What do people want to play

A) House Forces (one of the Great Houses, or a minor power)
~or~
B) Mercenaries

Q4: Use MegaMek?

A) MegaMek

Q5: Are we throwing in Adult Situations? (relationships, captured enemies/pilots, etcetera?)

C: Depends on the situation, game not solely dedicated to one or the other.

I am looking for character info right now, is it in this thread somewhere?

Paladin

Quote from: Aether on June 13, 2010, 11:00:57 PM
I am looking for character info right now, is it in this thread somewhere?

Um Aether, the scenario has been decided. Its a Solaris game. Sorry

Aether

Sorry for what, Paladin?

Is that to say there are no openings in this rp?

Anyone?

Paladin

Quote from: Aether on June 14, 2010, 07:17:24 PM
Sorry for what, Paladin?

Is that to say there are no openings in this rp?

Anyone?

No no, theres openings. By sorry I meant that they game type has been decided .

Aether

All one on one stuff then.

Is there a character creation process?

Paladin

Quote from: Aether on June 14, 2010, 09:12:57 PM

umm no clue about the one on one thing. as for the process its standrd creation out of the new battletech stuff by catalyst.

Katina Tarask

Quote from: Aether on June 14, 2010, 09:12:57 PM

Six thousand experience points, as per A Time of War, using pure points or lifepaths as you prefer.  Basics, like your mech (medium mech, by the by), are provided by the program we're all in.

Paladin

Quote from: Katina Tarask on May 22, 2010, 08:55:29 PM
Oh.  I'm working out of this one.  Er... looks like I'm going off of the limb 'splodey version. ^^U

umm yea, that not the one that allie gave me.

Katina Tarask

Quote from: Paladin on June 14, 2010, 09:38:33 PM
umm yea, that not the one that allie gave me.
No, it isn't, and it's not the one I'm using anymore.

Paladin

Quote from: Katina Tarask on June 14, 2010, 09:44:24 PM
No, it isn't, and it's not the one I'm using anymore.

hmm thats strasnge it took me to the other page and not this last one.

AllieCat

BTW, apropos of nothing while I wait for everyone's characters...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY (does the Happy Kitty Dance)

Not only is my schedule at work getting better (although they finally got around to adding E to the blocklist at work :(), I saw this today!

http://catalystgamelabs.com/2010/06/14/catalyst-game-labs-license-extension-imminent/

Catalyst Game Labs License Extension Imminent

After weeks of discussion, The Topps Company and Catalyst Game Labs are both pleased to announce that a license extension to the popular intellectual properties of BattleTech and Shadowrun is under final review. All terms have been agreed upon, and the paperwork should be ready for signatures very soon. In the meantime, Catalyst Game Labs continues to operate as manager for the two brands under the operations extension allowed by their original license.

“Working with The Topps Company continues to be a pleasure,” said Randall Bills, Catalyst’s Managing Developer. “We feel we are improving relations every day.”

Tina Trenkler, The Topps Company manager overseeing Catalyst’s operations, said, “We are very happy to have Catalyst continue to be involved with these important licenses and are fully supportive in helping them regain their footing.”

Catalyst Game Labs recently released an historical sourcebook for BattleTech, Operation Klondike, which is being received as one of their best titles in the last year, and will be shortly releasing for print publication Technical Readout: 3085 for BattleTech, as well as Corporate Guide and the much-anticipated Sixth World Almanac for Shadowrun.

Catalyst Game Labs

Catalyst Game Labs is dedicated to producing high quality games and fiction that mesh sophisticated game mechanics with dynamic universes-all presented in a form that allows beginning players and long-time veterans to easily jump into our games and fiction readers to enjoy our stories even if they don’t know the games.

Catalyst Game Labs is an imprint of InMediaRes Productions, LLC, which specializes in electronic publishing of professional fiction. This allows Catalyst to participate in a synergy that melds printed gaming material and fiction with all the benefits of electronic interfaces and online communities, creating a whole-package experience for any type of player or reader. Find Catalyst Game Labs online at www.catalystgamelabs.com

AllieCat

BTW, I was informed that if I do the Happy Kitty Dance, I have to SHOW the Happy Kitty Dance.. so here it is!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Aether

I have a character nuts and bolts wise written up, where do we post them?

AllieCat

Right here in the thread, or to me in a PM :)

Katina Tarask

Character draft:

Name: Anju 'The Gecko' Kiyomizu
Sex: Female
Height: 5'10"

Bio:
Twenty-five years ago, Sadao Kiyomizu, formerly a Mechwarrior from the Draconis Combine, came to Solaris VII with little more than his family, his sword, and his heavy assault mech.  And with his talents and resources, he took the most obvious job available to him; he fought in the games, and fared well.  Extremely well, in fact, climbing his way to the top as 'Sadao the Dragon,' one of the most brutal and spectacular contestants to ever compete in the games.

Over the course of a few years, the man was on a rampage in the ring, an invincible god of destruction.  And then, at last, his greatest opportunity came; a chance to dethrone on of the top twenty in a one-on-one duel, and take his rank for himself.  He stood against Grisham Hawke, believed to be the only man who could possibly match the Dragon's own brutality.  The match was short, but glorious, as two powerhouses went head-to-head.  In the end, Grisham managed a disastrous blow that by all rights should have taken Sadao out of the fight, if not killed the man, and yet, as Grisham turned to gloat over his victory, the Dragon rose in a mech that had no business standing for one final exchange, and this time, it was the Hawke who came out on the losing end.  Sadao had earned his place among the elite.

However, this victory had come with a price.  He had to be hospitalized immediately, where he lost one arm, and one leg.  Although he was able to afford low-grade prosthetics, he took the chance to immediately retire, restoring Grisham's rank, but not his honor.  There were rumors that his son, Hayate, might be trained as the Dragon's successor, that came to naught; Hayate was no fighter, instead taking to the more administrative side of the games, in the marketing department.  Sadao himself never truly left the games; to this day, he is still a sometime-commentator, a historian, an authority on the up-and-comers, and sometimes even an instructor.

Though his fame has long since faded in the years after his retirment, he still has a small cult of devotees that practically swear by his name, comparing all up-and-comers to him, and in more informed circles he's counted with distinction among the greats of the game, and his final match is still counted among the ten greatest fights Solaris VII has ever seen.  His career has seen two sanctioned holovid adaptations, the more recent spearheaded by his son.

And then, four years ago, a young woman joined an amateur match with the Dragon's sword and a banged-up old mech, and tore through the opposition.  Having trained in secret for years, the not-quite-forgotten Dragon's successor had finally arrived; Anju Kiyomizu, daughter of Hayate Kiyomizu, grandaughter of Sadao the Dragon.  However, despite her triumphant entry, Anju couldn't match the momentum of her grandfather's entry, she couldn't simply tear her way up the ranks as the Dragon did.  Although her first matches made a significant splash in the news, she soon fell into obscurity, earning the title of 'the Gecko,' meant as an insult, that she's a pale imitation of the Dragon, yet she's embraced it as a symbol of her pride.

Throughout her career, Anju has competed seasonally, working the off-seasons as a Mechwarrior instructor to cover expenses to compete, and maybe scrounging enough money to eat while she's at it.  Recently, her natural charm and C-list fodder celebrity status (and perhaps her cleavage) have landed her an advertising campaign that results in fewer choices between buying enough amunition and being able to buy food for the week.  The money just happens to come from the Silver Minx, one of the system's largest adult service conglomerates.  She doesn't sell her body or anything, but it's a conservative ad for her when she's wearing socks.  It's certainly made her teaching career more interesting.

ReijiTabibito

Are you guys still looking for pilots?  I'm a huge Battletech fan (I even own all the novels!), but I'm afraid I'm not intimately familiar with this new system...also, are we allowed to customize our 'Mechs?

Latooni Subota

The PLOT is going to give us randomly selected medium mechs. After that, assuming we earn money, customizing wouldn't be a bad idea. But from the start, not so much, since we have no idea what mechs we'll have to start with.

Sidenote: I WANNA KNOW! D:<
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ReijiTabibito

Ah, so we start out with a stock medium, and then go from there...we don't even get to pick which medium we have?  Granted, I wouldn't exactly go for top-of-the-line...but I don't wanna be stuck in a freaking Clint either...an Enforcer III, Bushwacker, or Shadow Hawk (5D variant) would be nice...

Can I get some help with character creation?

Katina Tarask

ReijiTabibito

Unfortunately, I don't think so.  I took a look at your character sheet, Kat, and I've never seen anything like it.