Mr. B Made Me Do It (Interest Check: Modern, Possible Ex., Small Group)

Started by AmandaWho, October 02, 2016, 07:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmandaWho

I'm looking for 3 players for this concept: a group of four college students decide to monkey around with an Ancient Book Of Forbidden Lore one night, and inadvertently summon forth and bind a powerful demon. The demon is theirs to fulfill their wishes. Now, they can have anything they want, the world is their oyster ... or is it?

The idea is to take 4 average, college-age people, and give them this powerful tool that is less under their control than they think. The demon is, in fact, bound, but it will lie, and it will distort, and it will do everything it can to ruin those people. However, it still must follow orders, and it has rules to which it must obey, rules that the college students don't fully understand.

I am curious to see where this story might go, how it would change the characters, what they would try to achieve with the demon, and how much they can get away with. The ultimate ends of the four would be uncertain; if played right, they may come out on top and actually beat the demon, if not played right they may die horrible deaths or be otherwise doomed.

I would act as the GM moderator and one of the characters.

If you are interested, please post here in this thread so we can all discuss, and also give a character concept idea using the following format:
Character Name:
Character Concept: For instance, the character is a physics student on a scholarship who is under enormous pressure from his parents to succeed. Give as much or as little detail as you wish.

If there is enough interest, I am not choosing players on a first come first served basis, but rather based on what I think is the best compatible combination of available and willing players.

Yukina

I love stories involving awry wishes! :)

Character Name: Sarah Mathers
Character Concept: A shy bookworm seeking to succeed in her path to come a librarian. However, she feels a bit inadequate about her looks and wishes she could do something about the immature students that trouble her on a day-to-day basis.

AmandaWho

Very cool :) There's a first bite of interest, we'll see if we get more. Sarah certainly sounds like someone who could use some wishes granted.

Yukina

AmandaWho

It appears no more interest is biting at this idea, so I shall let it go.

*waves goodbye to the story idea*