To Hell and Back (Fantasy, Closed)

Started by ZanaLyrander, January 04, 2013, 09:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZanaLyrander

Okay, this has gone on long enough. Daemon, you are one of my favorite RPing partners, but you can't say horrible things like that about other people in this forum. I want you to stay here and play with us, but you need to lay off the personal attacks. As Hellis has indicated, this is clearly a communication problem, so I think we all need to put on the table the things we can't handle in RPs like this. Clearly we all have some things we aren't comfortable with, but if there is anything to which anyone reacts quite so strongly like this, I advise that we make that clear now so that we can avoid things like this in the future.
My RP Ideas
To all my friends, I apologize for taking so long these days, I have been busy with work and reconnecting with an old friend, I will hopefully pick up the pace again soon.

Silk

Just as a suggestion, it may be worth adding "Vore" to your list of off's demon so others don't make the mistake in the future.

Vladimir valentine

Silk, your characters power reminds me of the girl from fire emblem radiant dawn...... What was her name? I always liked that power. Though it clearly can backfire, how do you think that power would work if she tapped into the energy well in the root??? (Awkward timing for a weird question.)

PrincelyPup

It has nothing to do with vore..... The problem is that I repeatedly spoke to zana....since the moment his profile went up about my concerns this was going to happen....zana kinda shrugged me off as he tends to do. I did not feel comfortable speaking to wartgass alone. I'm sorry for going too extreme and personal with the insult. Just please understand that you have no idea how severe my situation is and forgive me for responding the way I did. In all honesty I was more mad at zana being the GM especially since I was almost constantly telling him how I felt about your character and I thought he would have talked to you about it. I have told zana the full sorry so that at least he knows I didn't just have a scycotic break for no reason. But its something I can't share publicly.

Silk

Yeah she does have some resemblences to Micciah now that I look at it xD

Hellis

The problem remains that you have to part of the discussion. Using other to convey your opinion is never a good idea Deamon. And You are right, I have no idea. And Quite understandably one does not easily share trauma with strangers. That is why I am being civil about this. Wargtass had no idea. And this is a RP in the Extreme section, with legit evil characters. Specifications as to what is and is not ok need to be put up. And players need to communicate regarding their limits and what they are comfortable.

PrincelyPup

I explained I couldn't talk to wartgass alone....Zana is the GM so I thought allot of problems would have been solved by just going through him since he controls the Rp. I was following proper code for dealing with stuff...if you have a concern 90% of the time your supposed to tell your boss not start arguments and stuff with other people.

Hellis

I suppose you have a point. Albeit I do not nor will I ever equate a erotic rp with a place I work lol. That said. communication, especially in situations like this are paramount. I like to really see us just learn from it and move forward anew.

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Daemon0110 on January 27, 2013, 01:36:58 PM
It has nothing to do with vore..... The problem is that I repeatedly spoke to zana....since the moment his profile went up about my concerns this was going to happen....zana kinda shrugged me off as he tends to do. I did not feel comfortable speaking to wartgass alone. I'm sorry for going too extreme and personal with the insult. Just please understand that you have no idea how severe my situation is and forgive me for responding the way I did. In all honesty I was more mad at zana being the GM especially since I was almost constantly telling him how I felt about your character and I thought he would have talked to you about it. I have told zana the full sorry so that at least he knows I didn't just have a scycotic break for no reason. But its something I can't share publicly.
Again, I am sorry Daemon, especially if it seemed like I shrugged you off. I too had no idea what you had gone through until afterwards, and one of the problems with the internet is that it is very hard to convey tone and emotion via text. I clearly underestimated how much this bothered you, a mistake I hope to never make again. I hope we can all move past this, and try to be more open with the things that make us uncomfortable in the future. Again, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to seem like I shrugged you off, I made an honest mistake, and I hope you can forgive me. In the future, if something really, really bothers you, be as direct as possible about it, communication is important, and this whole issue was clearly a communication breakdown. I hope we can move forward with this RP, and still enjoy it despite this unfortunate incident.
My RP Ideas
To all my friends, I apologize for taking so long these days, I have been busy with work and reconnecting with an old friend, I will hopefully pick up the pace again soon.

Hellis

FOr the list. CBT is out of the picture for poor Hara.

PrincelyPup

I'm sorry...i'm just a stupid idiot. I have a extremely fucked up past and...issues that are hard to control.... you can't really imagine how badly thus resonated with me and I already take Rping way to seriously. I kind of get into character and as the characters are extensions of myself.... They carry similar issues. Needless to say.... Of Lucy had seen this...she never would have spoken to her father again...and I don't know. I'm just sorry okay? I don't know what else to say... I'm just a stupid retard with issues and I've felt kinda awkward and unwelcome from the beginning.

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Hellis on January 27, 2013, 01:50:14 PM
FOr the list. CBT is out of the picture for poor Hara.
You may have to explain what CBT is, since I'm not familiar with the term.
My RP Ideas

Vladimir valentine

Quote from: ZanaLyrander on January 27, 2013, 01:55:50 PM
You may have to explain what CBT is, since I'm not familiar with the term.
I second that, I can't figure it out.

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Daemon0110 on January 27, 2013, 01:51:45 PM
I'm sorry...i'm just a stupid idiot. I have a extremely fucked up past and...issues that are hard to control.... you can't really imagine how badly thus resonated with me and I already take Rping way to seriously. I kind of get into character and as the characters are extensions of myself.... They carry similar issues. Needless to say.... Of Lucy had seen this...she never would have spoken to her father again...and I don't know. I'm just sorry okay? I don't know what else to say... I'm just a stupid retard with issues and I've felt kinda awkward and unwelcome from the beginning.
It's alright Daemon, I understand why this bothered you so much, and while I don't approve of how you reacted, I can't really blame you for it. I honestly blame myself. You had talked to me about this sort of thing, I just wished I had understood exactly how much this bothered you so I could have tired to prevent it. The important thing is that we try to prevent this sort of misunderstanding from happening again and try to enjoy ourselves. After all, that's the whole point of this. If we aren't having fun, than what are we RPing for?
My RP Ideas

PrincelyPup

CBT is cock and ball torture. Its very common in BDSM to have an owner usually female to hurt the balls by putting clamps on them.... whipping them stepping on them kickdone..ing... Etc... I've... Had some experience with it..... Mostly not in a good way either. Though I've kinda been trained to enjoy it if light and done correctly.

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Daemon0110 on January 27, 2013, 02:07:20 PM
CBT is cock and ball torture. Its very common in BDSM to have an owner usually female to hurt the balls by putting clamps on them.... whipping them stepping on them kickdone..ing... Etc... I've... Had some experience with it..... Mostly not in a good way either. Though I've kinda been trained to enjoy it if light and done correctly.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up, and thanks for the warning Hellis, I'll keep that in mind (not that I planned on any of that anyway).
My RP Ideas

PrincelyPup

Usually male owners kind of never do it because we gave an affinity and appreciation of how it feels. Probably if we did try it ...it would hurt us as well. Usually they are allot more affectionate to that area as they expect their pets to do the same to them.

Vladimir valentine

Ok, that makes a lot more sense then what I came up with..... So am I the only one who wants to know what exactly is in the root. I know it's some kind of extreme power.... But is it like an object?

Hellis

Quote from: Daemon0110 on January 27, 2013, 02:16:45 PM
Usually male owners kind of never do it because we gave an affinity and appreciation of how it feels. Probably if we did try it ...it would hurt us as well. Usually they are allot more affectionate to that area as they expect their pets to do the same to them.

^This.

As someone who has experience with it... Nothing I'd have happen to Hara ;_; The boy is far to fragile.

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Vladimir valentine on January 27, 2013, 02:17:10 PM
Ok, that makes a lot more sense then what I came up with..... So am I the only one who wants to know what exactly is in the root. I know it's some kind of extreme power.... But is it like an object?
No, it's not an object. You ever hear the concept of Laylines? Imagine the world is a living organism, with mana being the blood. Laylines would therefore be the blood-vessels, and when you are close enough to one of them, you can sort of tap into it, use it's power for yourself. That is basically what the Root is, it is a forest growing on top of a big-ass layline.
My RP Ideas

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Hellis on January 27, 2013, 02:19:44 PM
^This.

As someone who has experience with it... Nothing I'd have happen to Hara ;_; The boy is far to fragile.
Well fear not, as someone who has been hit in the balls before, I have no real interest in inflicting that sort of pain on anyone, and certainly not in a sexual context.
My RP Ideas

Hellis

Quote from: ZanaLyrander on January 27, 2013, 02:22:20 PM
Well fear not, as someone who has been hit in the balls before, I have no real interest in inflicting that sort of pain on anyone, and certainly not in a sexual context.

That is all well and good. Pain whoever, when administered to backside or otherwise is ok should the situation call for it.

Vladimir valentine

CBT is also on my list of no's. Anastasia is technically evil, but not that evil.

PrincelyPup

I hope my post didn't eff it up and reveal the Ley lines to soon. I didn't know I just knew that in most mythologies there is a version of them and it usually allows spirits also to travel long distances quickly.

ZanaLyrander

Quote from: Daemon0110 on January 27, 2013, 02:26:47 PM
I hope my post didn't eff it up and reveal the Ley lines to soon. I didn't know I just knew that in most mythologies there is a version of them and it usually allows spirits also to travel long distances quickly.
Nah, it's supposed to be fairly common knowledge for demons and fey, if slightly less so for mortal. It's actually my bad for not really explaining it properly.
My RP Ideas