I am Thou, Thou art I....PERSONA! (Closed)

Started by Empyrean, December 30, 2017, 05:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardsorm

So, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I actually blame myself for not remembering to go back and check soonee, but I think Empyrean actually wanted this in the NC Free form section. No idea whether Human or Exotic though.

EDIT: Seen here

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Gardsorm on January 11, 2018, 11:31:56 PM
So, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I actually Blake myself for not remembering to go back and check soonee, but I think Empyrean actually wanted this in the NC Free form section. No idea whether Human or Exotic though.

i feel like it would be human, wouldn't it?

Gardsorm

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on January 11, 2018, 11:33:11 PM
i feel like it would be human, wouldn't it?

Should be, we're all humans... Well, except Airi, who's mostly human, but probably still within the range. I imagine Exotic would just imply the Personas and Shadows (mostly Shadows)

Cythieus

Quote from: Gardsorm on January 11, 2018, 11:31:56 PM
So, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I actually Blake myself for not remembering to go back and check soonee, but I think Empyrean actually wanted this in the NC Free form section. No idea whether Human or Exotic though.

EDIT: Seen here

I’m pretty sure we can have it moved

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Cythieus on January 12, 2018, 12:40:32 AM
I’m pretty sure we can have it moved

Yeah Ive had to do it once, it's not that hard. Just ask a Mod. :D

Tokyorose627

I’m super excited for the game though! I wonder if any of the characters know one another?

Revelation

Gardsorm

Yuuki's been there for a year and a half, but he's rarely approached people lately. That being said, rumors and word-pf-mouth travels fast, so he's probably heard of a few people, if not knows a few directly.

Eliza

I'm guessing I submit my character sheet for approval. Here goes:

Name: Marianne "Mari" Tran
Sexuality: Straight
Arcana: The Moon
Weapon: Butterfly Knife

Background: Marianne had emigrated to Japan with her mother when she was 15. She was able to attend school and quickly get fluent at Japanese. Her mother wasn't so lucky and after getting fired from her job, her mother fell into a depressive state. They soon fell into hard times with her mother unable to find a suitable job and them being evicted from their apartment. Living on the streets and out of homeless shelters, to help support herself, she resorted to begging for food and money from passerbys, ultimately finding favor with a certain older man, who offered her clothes, a roof over her head, delicious food in exchange for favors, most of them sexual in nature.

She'd spend time with him without telling her mother, who had soon become a distant memory to Marianne. Though she was not without any good intent. She used her income to an extent, to please her sugar daddy, but everything else was used to save up to come back to her mother, who she believed was still alive and well.

A week before her 18th birthday, for reasons unknown to her, she was figuratively kicked to the curb by her benefactor, leaving her with a suitcase and her savings. Unable to find a job due to inadequate education, her savings soon dwindled and she was back where she had started, on the streets. The face of irony would slap her in the face, as she finally saw her mother, being offered a life of luxury by none other than the same man who left her.

Her only family and her old life gone, Marianne resorted to stealing food and shoplifting for new clothes, which ultimately got her sent to juvenile hall on the eve of her 18th birthday. Instead of waiting a day to try her as an adult, the authorities were convinced to send Marianne to the reform school, to give her a second chance, though doubting she'd live up to it.

Persona: Succubus
Persona Affinities: Darkness, resists fire
Persona Weakness: Light

Gardsorm

Ouch, she'd fit right in with the rest of the social reformees for sure.

One thing to consider about the Persona is thay they will undergo an evolution later on, so when choosing your persona, also keep in mind what it may become afterward. o: Otherwise, her profile seems pretty fun.

Also I love butterfly knives. <3

Eliza

Quote from: Gardsorm on January 12, 2018, 03:05:17 AMOne thing to consider about the Persona is thay they will undergo an evolution later on, so when choosing your persona, also keep in mind what it may become afterward. o: Otherwise, her profile seems pretty fun.

I didn't think it would be so much like the game. IDK. I'm keeping it, unless someone finds the evolved form of Succubus (might have to bust out a Lost Girl reference) *leaves to Google it*

Gardsorm

Quote from: Eliza on January 12, 2018, 03:22:10 AM
I didn't think it would be so much like the game. IDK. I'm keeping it, unless someone finds the evolved form of Succubus (might have to bust out a Lost Girl reference) *leaves to Google it*

Haha, it doesn't have to be the exact evolved form. You have more creative control over what she'll become. =p Generally you want to make it fit though, so look for something that likes seducing people, but does it a bit more responsibly, maybe. .. There's definitely a few goddesses and other things that can fit the bill! Lemme see what I can dig up...

Gardsorm

Well, we have a few choices... Keeping in mind Succubus' sexual nature, we can maybe run with Ishtar (irony in choosing her is that one of the other girls has her sister Ereshkigal as a Persona) or Cleopatra... Or if you want to keep the illusion theme of The Moon while maintaining a sort-of sexy image, there's Maya.

diarmuid

Name: Takara Saitou
Sexuality: Bisexual
Arcana: The Chariot
Weapon:

Background: Takara was born to a single mother named Izumi Saitou. He never knew a thing about his father or even Izumi's family, but he decided at a young age that he wasn't any worse off with just his mother to rely on. She was a kind woman, but she was considered eccentric at best by almost everyone in Takara's hometown. When he was still a toddler, she had opened up a small occult shop near an old Shinto shrine. Their store was packed with everything from books and supplies for new age spiritualism to omamori dedicated to the nearby shrine. They even sold some kits and intructions on sleight of hand, a subject Takara found particularly interesting.

Their shop didn't keep them particularly well off, but they never went hungry even when business was slow. Izumi never made enough money to buy a house, so they simply resided in a tiny suite above the shop. It was little more than one decently-sized room with a kitchenette and a small bathroom. By the time Takara reached high school, calling it cramped would have been kind. They had access to little extra money when Takara began working a part-time job, but Izumi insisted that he keep it for himself. Any protest on his part was willfully ignored.

Takara's life took a sudden and dramatic nosedive when he woke to the smell of smoke filling the room around him. He doesn't remember much detail about the fire, but the next time he woke up he was in a hospital bed. More than half of his body was covered in second and third degree burns, and his mother had fallen into a coma due to her own injuries. Nearly a month passed before the doctors deemed him well enough to even visit Izumi, and a trip to their home followed shortly afterwards. One of his mother's friends, and a customer of their's, had already salvaged all that she could from the wreckage. It was barely enough to fill one box.

The hospital quickly drained the minuscule savings Izumi had, and soon it fell to Takara to pick up the slack. He dropped out of school, found a tiny apartment, and soon he was working day and night to keep his mother in the hospital. He only lasted a few months before he was forced to find money through less reputable means. It started with picking pockets, but soon enough he became involved with a local gang. It paid to keep his mother alive, so he couldn't find it within himself to stop. He was mainly involved with drug trafficking, though his experience with sleight of hand led to him picking locks as well as pockets on a daily basis. It didn't continue for long until he was caught on camera by chance, and subsequently turned in.

With the evidence they had against him, pleading innocence was hardly an option. Before he even went before a judge, he was given a choice; prison, or attending the Sukuinote Reform School. He chose the latter.

Persona: Deimos, god of terror.
Persona Affinities: Physical, Electric
Persona Weakness: Bless, Fire

I'll be adding more detail and some pictures soon. I'd like to add that I'm new to Persona so I hope I'm following the correct archetypes and such...

Gardsorm

First thing I notice: Damn, we have alot of people that employ Curse damage, and a few Physical ones to boot. =p

Second: Started with P5? Still pretty good, love the deity choice. o:

diarmuid

Good point on the affinities, I'll switch to electric since it seems like no one else has claimed that yet. I'll keep the physical since it seems to be a chariot motif. I wasn't set on curse damage anyways.

Yep, I got P5 less than a month ago so I'm very new. I was also thinking of Sarutahiko as the evolved form.

Gardsorm

Quote from: diarmuid on January 12, 2018, 05:05:17 AM
Good point on the affinities, I'll switch to electric since it seems like no one else has claimed that yet. I'll keep the physical since it seems to be a chariot motif. I wasn't set on curse damage anyways.

Yep, I got P5 less than a month ago so I'm very new. I was also thinking of Sarutahiko as the evolved form.

I figured, anyone who's been a longtime runner in the series refers to the elements as light and dark, but new folks to P5 use the newly adopted Bless and Curse reference. =p Nothing wrong with that though, I personally love the designators since it returned to oldstyle Persona spells (one day we'll get Gry-Series back...)

Nice call on the Elec, I'm actually surprised we only just now got someone to cover electricity. I'm okay with the Physical though. We have a few Physical folks but I think like one or two Gun/Ranged damage employers.

Cythieus

I'm really a fan of the "everyone gets a gun" thing in Persona 5. I didn't like how when I went back to play 4 you just have the main weapon. It's one of the changes I really miss.

At least we still have All-Out-Attacks

Gardsorm

Yeah, I agree, I like the idea of everyone having a melee and ranged weapon. =p But when I said Gun/Ranged damage, I meant the skills. o: I could peruse all of Persona and other Megaten games to collect most Gun/Range skills though, since P5 didn't have all that many.

Cythieus

The plan for me now is to buy both parts of 2, 3, and Q and play them all. I feel like it's worth it for this series.

If everyone could post in the thread here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=281248 I'll work on getting it moved later today.

Cythieus

I've updated the list of characters over there too, but here it is again:

• Airi Megami  -- Judgement
  • Takeda Kimiko  --  The Hanged Man
  • Mifunashiro, Yuuki  --  The Tower
  • Himura Ko  --  The Hermit
  • Akira Hojo  --  The Fool
  • Marianne "Mari" Tran  --  The Moon

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Eliza on January 12, 2018, 03:52:35 AM
Maya it is... I guess.
Leanan Sidhe were a type of Fair Folk that were known for sexual and seductive powers, but also the power to inspire supernatural inspiration in others. Leanan Sidhe were also often compared to both vampires and succubi for their tendency to suck out the life force of the individual they were 'courting', and to drive them to insanity, even as they continued to stoke the fires of creativity.

Just another suggestion I thought I'd throw out there.

Quote from: Cythieus on January 12, 2018, 06:21:20 AM
The plan for me now is to buy both parts of 2, 3, and Q and play them all. I feel like it's worth it for this series.

If everyone could post in the thread here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=281248 I'll work on getting it moved later today.
Is that for all characters, or just the approved ones?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Cythieus

Lynx181

I wish everyone the best of luck in being chosen to play, I'm happy to bow out if we have too many...I mean I'll be sad but I want others to be happy more than me.