The Spice Must Flow

Started by TheAlchemist, May 16, 2007, 10:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAlchemist

Dune. Arrakis. Desert Planet.

This post is to gauge interest for a game based on Frank Herbert's brilliant novel "Dune".
Evil Harkonnens, Noble Attreides, Wild Fremen. Action, Drama, Politics. Plot within Plot, Scheme within Scheme.

Room for several players I'd imagine, playing those 3 factions (and any others as wanted), though I'd shy away from playing any of the original cast.

Also, looking for someone to run this, as alas I haven't the time on my hands  :)
I was thinking mostly free-form, with perhaps some very light system thrown in for combat, if we decide it's really necessary.

MagicalPen

Yay Fremen with their blue eyes! You can sign me up, but i do suggest not having any original characters in the game. Perhaps the same sort of political back drop, but no original characters.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

TheAlchemist

Quote from: TheAlchemist on May 16, 2007, 10:15:48 AM
though I'd shy away from playing any of the original cast.

Quote from: Silvestine on May 16, 2007, 10:39:52 AM
i do suggest not having any original characters in the game. Perhaps the same sort of political back drop, but no original characters.

We share that sentiment then.

Vandren

Or not so noble Atreides.  :)

I'd be interested.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Creeper

Quade... Start the reactor...
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

MadPanda

Whither the leather-clad whip vixens of House Harkonnen?  ;D
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Bliss

And of course the 'meddling' Bene Gesserit... *wink*
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Seereous

Quote from: Bliss on May 16, 2007, 03:41:27 PM
And of course the 'meddling' Bene Gesserit... *wink*

YES!!!!! Sign me up.  Either a Fremen or Swordmaster of Ginaz.  Wait, Swordmasters are wiped out right about now, right? Hmmmm....