The Kingdom of Shadows

Started by BlueRaptor90, March 05, 2013, 04:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRaptor90

Daniel laughed as well at the joke, sort of happy to see anna's fun side
Both of them then sat at a near by table to eat
"So, anna, do you plan on telling me where we are planning to go and if we have a plan?"

kajirakate

"Yes Daniel but not here, too many people, too many ears" Anna said taking a swig of her ale to wash down some very tough old mutton.

"I'll tell you in the morning on the road, but we do have a plan" she reassured him that he wasn't on a wild goose chase.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"Very well anna, if you say so" Daniel said beginning to eat, he stopped for a second
"Anna, can I ask you something?"

kajirakate

"Of course you can Daniel, we are a team, as I said earlier" she replied, tapping her hand on his arm. Then nearly choking on a piece of mutton that must have been older than herself.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel quickly patted her back to she wouldn't choke
"Um...I wanted to ask you, why me, out of all the other knights and guards, why me, I'm technically still a rookie, at least....in the eyes of the other knights"

kajirakate

"Not my choice, father picked you for the task, and that little gift that you gave me earlier, indicates to me that he had his reasons" Anna told her companion.

"Why did you think you were left behind from the wyvern hunting?" she added wanting to get to the bottom of his insecurity, for both of their benefits going forward, as she was sure that they would be harshly tested in the days to come.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel was silent
"He take me to the wyvern hunt for a good reason...your father believes in the old saying...birds of a feather stick together"

kajirakate

"I'm going up now Daniel, do you want to stay in the bar or go to the room" Anna asked setting aside an empty tankard of ale and a partly empty bowl of mutton stew.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"I'll stay here for a little bit, you go ahead up"

kajirakate

Anna rose and went up to the room, taking the chair and placing it facing the door, and sitting awaiting Daniel or whoever came.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel sat at the table for a good, thoughts were rushing through his head, he soon began to get a head ache, his heart was pounding, he was starting to sweat, it was happening already "No...got to get away" he tried his best to endure the pain, he went up to the landlord saying he would be going out for a jog and would be back in the morning, he told him to tell anna that. The landlord agreed, and with that daniel quickly left.

kajirakate

Anna waited for ages, and when Daniel didn't appear, she went back downstairs, and asked the landlord where her friend went, he told some tales of going out for air.  She returned to the room, made sure the windows and door was secure and she went to bed, with her dagger immediately to hand.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel soon found himself walking the outskirts of town, he needed to find some were secure and isolated, little did he realize he was being followed. It was the same cloaked men who attacked him and the princess earlier, they have stalked them to this town every since they left the kingdom. Daniel walked into the dark woods, where the cloak men were getting ready for an attack.

kajirakate

She would never be able to say what woke her from her sleep, but she was filled with dread, and started to put her armour on, making sure she could always reach either her sword or her dagger.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel finally came across an big empty cave deep in the woods
"This is perfect" he said going in but then heard something behind him, he turned seeing one of the cloaked men from earlier charging at him with a sword, daniel quickly dodged the attack pulling out his own
"Finally, we found you, we've been tracking you and that princess for hours" one of the cloaked men said
"Now, this place will be your grave!" one shouted. all four of them then rushed to daniel with their swords, ready to end his life. Daniel however wasn't going to do down, at least not without a fight.

kajirakate

Anna knew something was wrong, her senses buzzing, but she had no idea what.  When she was in her mail, with her sword strapped to her narrow waist, she left the room and the inn.  She let her warrior senses guide her actions, she slowly advanced through the woods, careful to not signal her presence to whoever was out there.  There was light moonlight, but the Princess was surprising expert at moving silently at night.
kk

BlueRaptor90

The cloaked mean ferociously attacked daniel with their swords and staffs. Daniel managed to dodge and block most of their attacks but soon was growing tired.
"Give it up boy,  you're no match for us, your just a rookie" one said
That's were drew the line, he was growing tired of the insults from the king, princess and other knights, he had enough.
"SHUT UP!" he roared, and fire shot out of his mouth, literally burning one of the cloaked men
"What, what's going on" one said scared, daniel's eyes then turned glowing yellow, with slit eyes, sort of like a lizard's. His skin was soon turning into scales and wings extended from his back, the transformation was starting to begin.

kajirakate

As Anna approached a rise, she saw what looked like a burst of flame, so she moved in that direction, sword at the ready for whatever may lie ahead.  The foreboding growing in her, there was something terrible wrong happening but she could not place the nagging uncertainty.
kk

BlueRaptor90

The cloaked mean then started to walk back a bit, daniel's special gift was starting to awaken. His hands turned into massive sharp scaly claws that could rip through the toughest of steel like paper as well as his feet, his neck began to extend as well as his mouth turning into a long snout with razor sharp teeth in them. A long tail the grew out of him with some sort of spike at the end, his wings grew bigger. Daniel was now a dragon, he stood ten feet high on all fours, and was 30 feet long, his scales matched the midnight sky, them being dark blue, his scales were hard and smooth, no sword nor arrow would even come close into piercing them. Daniel growled at the cloaked men letting out a roar that spread though out the woods and village.

kajirakate

As she neared the site of the fire, cloaked men like the ones that had attacked her earlier came rushing down the path. One of them tried to slash at her with a sword as they ran past, but she easily dodged the blow and countered, delivering her own fatal blow.  She continued up the path, hearing a fearsome roar of some incredible creature, as she knew the sounds of the major wildlife.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel growled menacingly at the cloacked men. One was foolish enough to charge at daniel with his sword, trying to stab it into daniel's scaly chest, unfortunately for him, it didn't even make a scracth on daniel, in a blink of an eye the man was quickly burned and incarcerated but daniel's fiery breath.
"I-It's true, this boy is a dragon!" one of the men yelled in fear
"Retreat!" another yelled
The few remaining men tried to escape until daniel opened his mouth and emitted ice from it freezing the men in their tracks. Daniel then used his tail to crush and destroy the remaining men, only leaving tiny bits of ice left.
Daniel roared at the night sky in victory

kajirakate

Anna arrived just in time to see the last of the cloaked men meeting their doom at the hands of a giant dragon, or more accurately at the tail of the magnificant beast.

Anna had seen the dead bodies of wyverns that had been killed by her father and his knights when killed them, when they were terrorising villages.  She had also seen fire drakes, the smallest of the family.  But this giant blue dragon was a beautiful being.  Anna knew that giant dragons were meant to be at least as intelligent as humans.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel then looked over at anna, growling softly slowing walking towards her

kajirakate

Instinctively Anna knew that she had nothng to fear from themighty dragon, indeed the presence of the dragon served to clam the battle lust that was coursing through her veins.
kk

BlueRaptor90

The dragon then lowered it's head down to anna's eye level staring directly into her eye.