[NCHS] or [NCES] Sigil Prep / Dungeon Crusade

Started by kongming, November 28, 2009, 10:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kongming

Deviant: feel free. Level six.

SLNH: I was going to say "Sorry but no, I already have four people." but then I realised you were one of them. Tricky name changes... anyway, I have no problem with you adjusting Rienn to the level and setting of this game. Feel free to use any of the books that have psionic stuff (and for the purpose of those "High Psionic Game Only" feats and all, assume it is, even though you're likely to be the only psionic character).
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Kunoichi

Yeah. ^^; I got my Christmas avatar and Name up.

Alright, so I level her up once, redo her equipment, maybe discuss potential plotlines with you...  And then she'll be done. ^^

Jefepato

Are we doing standard starting wealth for level 6 (13,000 gp), KM?

Hunter

I'd prefer Sigil Prep myself (thinking half drow sorcerer of some kind).

Jefepato

Quote from: Hunter on November 29, 2009, 08:24:22 PM
I'd prefer Sigil Prep myself (thinking half drow sorcerer of some kind).

It sounds like we're just about all going to be playing magic/psionic/special ability-types.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I recommend we charm recruit some chump NPC to take point on our dungeon exams though.  Or just chain up a kobold and shove it in front of us.

Kunoichi

Eh.  We just need a good Cleric.  Heavy armor, the ability to get Divine Power at level 7 to take over for a Fighter, healing with a nice Wand of Lesser Vigor...

kongming

Yeah, 13K to spend on toys.

That idea is fine, Hunter.

If you guys feel that you could do with someone to get smacked around in combat, the school could provide a courtesy mook for you. She'll be a combat type who is lower level and not as awesome, and exists to stop enemies from shanking you while you do the important things.

And can I point out that an item of "CLW at will" costs like, 1,800 GP if it takes a slot (ring or gloves, for instance)? A trap of CLW can be made dirt cheap, but that's just silly.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Jefepato

Quote from: kongming on November 29, 2009, 08:54:16 PM
A trap of CLW can be made dirt cheap, but that's just silly.

Not if you have necromancer enemies and really clumsy friends.

Kunoichi

Silly... unless you're a KOBOLD! >:)

But yes, otherwise it would be quite silly.  Hmm... how much to get a pet Living Cure Light Wounds, though?

kongming

Hmm, it's like the item except it could possibly get killed... call it 1,000 GP, but you can only have one. I don't want the party surrounded by glowing orbs that constantly touch them back to full health.

Seeing as Cure spells are Conjurations, thus presumably creating new skin and stuff for the injured (or teleport-stealing them from farmer Joe back home), it will occasionally have a kidney floating in it.

Ons/Offs:

Hunter

Quote from: kongming on November 29, 2009, 09:08:09 PM
Seeing as Cure spells are Conjurations, thus presumably creating new skin and stuff for the injured (or teleport-stealing them from farmer Joe back home), it will occasionally have a kidney floating in it.

"Who's kidney is that?"
"Dunno, let me check."
;D

Kunoichi

Ah, Living Cure Light Wounds. ^^ Where you can pet it to get back 1d8+caster level(max 5) hit points, or regain the same amount each round if you give it a biiiiiiig hug.

*gets out her ECS to stat one up*

Alright, so it seems that a number of its stats will be determined by its caster level. ^^; Also, technically Cure Light Wounds isn't a valid spell target for the Living Spell Template...

kongming

Quote from: Santa's Little Ninja Helper on November 29, 2009, 09:18:25 PM
Also, technically Cure Light Wounds isn't a valid spell target for the Living Spell Template...

It is now.

Ons/Offs:

Kunoichi

Hooray! ;D Then for stats determined by its range, I'll treat it as being Close, alright?

And... CL 5, since that's the maximum benefit we can get from Cure Light Wounds anyway?

*notes that this will effect both the number of hit dice and the strength of the Spell Resistance of the Living Spell*

DeviantMunster

*totally understands almost nothing of what they're talking about*

kongming

Yeah, Close and CL 5.

DM: it's... a magical blob that will follow the party around and cast healing spells when touched/when it decides to bump into people.

Ons/Offs:

Kunoichi

Like I said, DeviantMunster, you can pet it to receive the effect of a Cure Light Wounds spell, or give it a hug to get one each round. ;D

Living Cure Light Wounds
Medium Ooze
Hit Dice:
5d10+0 (30 hp)
Initiative: -1
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 10 (-1 Dex, +1 Deflection), touch 10, flatfooted 10
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+3
Attack: Slam +3 melee (1d4 plus cure light wounds)
Full Attack: Slam +3 melee (1d4 plus cure light wounds)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Engulf, cure
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/magic, ooze traits, spell resistance 15
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 8, Con 11, Int --, Wis 8, Charisma 11
Skills: --
Feats: --
Alignment: Neutral

This amorphous mass of golden light burbles happily as it spots you, flowing forward to receive a hug.

Combat

A Living Cure Light Wounds is a mindless creature that attacks simply and directly, engulfing its prey and endeavoring to cure it to death.

Cure Light Wounds (Su): A creature struck by a Living Cure Light Wounds' heals 1d8+5 points of damage.  This healing applies when it is struck by the Living Spell's slam attack and for each round in which it remains engulfed in the Living Spell's body.

Engulf (Ex): A Living Cure Light Wounds can simply flow around a Medium or smaller creature as a standard action. It cannot make a slam attack during a round in which it engulfs. The Living Cure Light Wounds merely has to move over the opponents, affecting as many as it can cover. Opponents can make opportunity attacks against the cube, but if they do so they are not entitled to a saving throw. Those who do not attempt attacks of opportunity must succeed on a DC 11 Reflex save or be engulfed; on a success, they are pushed back or aside (opponent’s choice) as the Living Spell moves forward. Engulfed creatures are subject to the full normal effect of a cure light wounds spell, (see above) and are considered to be grappled and trapped within its body.

Ooze Traits:
Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
Blind (but have the blindsight special quality), with immunity to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.
Not subject to critical hits or flanking.
Proficient with its natural weapons only.
Proficient with no armor.

Jefepato

And, preliminary character sheet done.  Guess I made her more evil than I expected to, but I'm reasonably confident this can still be funny.

Hunter

Chloe Milev

That game sounds so fun.  Next time Gadget...

*Pets kitty with clawed hand and blasts away*
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Kunoichi

*would actually be more than happy with a five-person group*

Although, I guess kongming might want to keep it small... ^^;

kongming

Okay, I'll draw the line at a team of five. I suppose, given the lower level, it's not so difficult to DM for.

Do you have an idea in mind, Chloe?

Ons/Offs:

Chloe Milev

Nah, I won't join right now; I'm good.  I'll just watch.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Chloe Milev

Well, maybe I can't resist.  I just remembered the Ghaele eladrin I didn't get to play.  Could I use a 6th level version of that from Savage Species, or just like a 6th level favored soul with Ghaele racial thingies?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Jefepato

Hm.  KM, are ghaeles [Awesome]?  They don't seem as unreasonably overwhelming as, say, a dragon or a tendriculous, but they've got a boatload of at-will SLAs, their caster level as clerics is higher than their CR (WTF), and holy crap keep that gaze attack away from me!

The idea of outsiders from opposite sides of the planes being forced to adventure together in school is hilarious, though...