News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Welcome to my mind. [Mul] [Seeking F characters]

Started by Zylvyn, June 08, 2011, 10:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zylvyn

I've procrastinated putting one of these up for a while, and instead just kept glancing into other people's threads, when it came to me that others likely do that too, and I'd likely never meet them... or it would be purely by chance if I did.

The points written below are just the ideas as they came to me... not necessarily the best way, and certainly not the only way.  I can be terribly flexible and accommodating, and I love hearing input and ideas.

Contacting me is pretty easy.  I'll update this thread as I get new ideas, or tire of the ones stated... and you're welcome to post in here, but I ask that if you do, you also send me either a PM or an IM, even if it just says to check this thread.  I will attempt to be diligent about checking back in on this, but alas, sometimes even the best of intentions falls through.

My only real requirements are that you be intelligent enough to hold your side of the roleplay up.  I'm not terribly picky about grammar or spelling, nor am I bothered in the least by who or what you might be in reality.

My own posting schedule can be rather variable, regrettably.  There are some days where I will be able to post twice a day or more, and others where I might not be able to reply to my RPs for a week.  Life occasionally crops up and nukes my free time, and on the days following those, I find myself rather burnt out.  Understandable if this is not ideal for you, but I definitely believe in full disclosure.

Finally, while a majority of these are very likely to be moderately fantasy based, they can be made contemporary very easily... change an elf out for a human, put it in a modern house, and voila.  Again, just as things came to me... and pretty much anything listed is open to change.  Feel free to check my O/O if you like, but I can basically summarize it that you can do whatever you like... I'm pretty damned easy going in that regard.

-I- Therapist X Patient/Student.
My character is either still a student ... or a fully functioning adult.  In either case, he has ... issues.  A disconnect from reality that is leaving him depressed, even if he doesn't want to admit to it.  Either his family (student) or former friends (adult) signed him up for this, and he is essentially forced to attend sessions that he holds very little interest in going to.  You would be the therapist.  Her details I am willing to fill in or leave up to you, but the crux of the matter is that she abuses her position when she meets 'him'... Perhaps it's love, perhaps it's lust, but either way, she finds herself no longer trying to fix him ... because that would end his dependance of her... If anything, she wants him crazy about her, instead of just crazy.

-II- Now why would I do that?
Making the unwilling into the willing is something that has always fascinated me.  It can be played so many ways, but the important part is the common trend between them.  A married man has a rather large home that he and his wife share.  His wife goes away on trips, now and then (or perhaps just goes out for the afternoon here and there) and he works from home (modern, perhaps computer work, non-modern, well ... we can figure it out) and the recently hired maid is ... certainly odd.  She really finds the man attractive and yet despite repeated attempts to seduce him covertly... bending over in front of him, leaning down in front of him, flirting incessantly, asking for help, etc... he's not interested.  Shame that she has some ... unknown aptitude for getting what she wants...  Whether it's deliberate or unconscious, she can literally insert thoughts, ideas, etc into his mind.    *******    A pair of longtime friends have had a platonic friendship for longer than they can remember.  One or both of them are married, but there was always ... something there.  Maybe it was one-sided, maybe it was simply unspoken mutuality, but the more daring of the two picks up a book some time and starts to practice.  Perhaps it's magic, perhaps it's hypnosis... but before anyone knows what's going on, they're getting everything they want out of this ... friendship.  It's not really a friendship anymore... He's almost prey, now.  (This one could easily have the roles reversed, too).

-III- Oh hell, who really needs their soul?
They lurk in the boundaries between dream and nightmare, fiction and fact, myth and reality.  They are your wettest dream and your worst hair-whitening nightmare.  Succubi exist and their job is to capture the souls of mortals.  She could come to him in the middle of the night, she could approach him privately, or even stalk him in broad daylight, but a man, or even a series of men, are doomed.  Their days are numbered and it's only a question of time as to when they give up that which is most precious to man.  As a twist, one of her victims could turn the tables somehow, and exact his demands out of her ... there's potential for lots.

-IV- I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto.
A twist between fantasy and one of my favourite movies (Hackers).  The title was a line out of the movie, which in turn took it out of a rather famous document of internet culture.  The idea I had in mind goes thus...  There are a pair of techies that know nothing about each other.  They met online and had a bit of a hot and heavy attraction, but never exchanged pictures, only chatted on the phone.  That was, of course, until they got in each other's way.  They both worked for different sects of internet subculture... different groups that don't always ... see eye to eye.  Things escalated until they both essentially tried to set the other one up for various internet crimes.  Things continue to escalate more and more, and there is an intense hatred between the two.  At the same time all of this is happening, each one of them meets a very interesting person at a cafe...  Each other.  They're both good at separating personal and public lives, so neither initially suspects the other of anything.  It's hard to keep tabs on the person you're hanging out with when you're too busy trying to hide from them now and then to go combat your online nemesis, afterall.  Is it love?  Lust?  Hate?  It's everything and more, and who knows where it will all end up?

-V- Within his clutches
Your generic magical girl, or demon hunter, etc, is chasing after an otherworld force.  She is used to being the hunter, and not the hunted, however, and when he somehow turns the tables on her, she finds herself at his whim.  He doesn't kill her once he's done with her, and instead lets her go, only to let her chase him down once more.  I envisioned this as more of a switch power struggle scenario.
- Taken by DixieRebelDelight

-VI- Do cyborgs dream of electric sheep?
A human scientist is working as part of a team to create a cyborg.  Their goal is met, and they successfully create a very human looking robot... so human that it can actually perform every single task a human can, and then some.  Growing hair, developing emotions, but with the capacity and potential of a creation, something not bound by mortal limits.  The three laws of Robotics could be in effect, or perhaps not at all!  The human sees the creation developing, and takes pity on it... it looks sad  (I'm using gender neutral pronouns as it could be either one of us for each role).  The scientist frees the cyborg, giving it either free reign, or perhaps taking it home to take care of it and teach it about the world.  ******   OR!  A human (wo)man lives alone, a mundane life of little interest, a boring day job and few prospects for happiness.  They happen across what looks to be a dead body left naked on a street corner... a dead body that has rather ideal features for a human.  Upon touching them to see if they're truly dead, the human discovers there's a magnet stuck to the body's head.  Upon removing it, the cyborg wakes up and looks around, begins asking questions...  questions that a human should know the answer to.  (Basically, a variation on the first, where it's not the scientist, but a human that deals with the cyborg).  This one's Heavily inspired by Chobits.  ******   OR!  A cyborg has successfully survived the first two hypothetical scenarios and learns enough to dress itself and even seek gainful employment.  They keep their robotic nature under wraps as best they can, but eventually one of their coworkers begins to get suspicious, and it isn't long until they're found out... and things progress from there.  Blackmail?  Or just closeness and bonding over shared secrets?

If there is any interest at all, please, contact me and we can discuss details.  I'm very flexible and open to changing things.

A million faces each a million lies, for each and all a chrome disguise.  Prompts for action, force reaction.  Embody promise in a sheen so pure.

Ons, Offs, and things left unsaid
My status - Updated:  1.17.2013 - THPT, life... Thpt!
My RP Requests

lenka

Hey Zylvyn.

I am quite keen to work with number 6...within his clutches.

I have a few idea's I can share with you via pm, that is if it is not already taken.

Let us know.

:D Len

Lilitu

Your third idea about the Succubi sparks my interest and I also like the idea of the tables turning someone. Maybe there's a way to capture Succubi that we could work out if you like. Let me know.

~L

Zylvyn

Cyborgs are awesome!  Just sayin'

Oh right.  Updated the first post with another idea.
A million faces each a million lies, for each and all a chrome disguise.  Prompts for action, force reaction.  Embody promise in a sheen so pure.

My RP Requests

Zylvyn

Added some unstoried themes.  Can't hurt to toss the line out and see what comes in.  >.>

My RP Requests

LamentingQuill

I've been wanting to try something with Drow and what I like to call Sun elves.
Drop me a PM for the full details.