Xavier's Institute For Higher Learning ~ RECRUITING!

Started by persephone325, October 01, 2018, 09:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Xavier's Institute for Higher Learning

Overview

Xavier's Institute for Higher Learning is a freeform superhero group game. It will primarily revolve around a sandbox environment at the X-Mansion, however the game will also include an overarching story and driven plot run by the GM's. This plot will primarily revolve around the potential return of Apocalypse and a race between the X-Men and Brotherhood to find his tomb. The game will welcome a wide variety of cannon characters, as well as original ones. This thread will include a Premise of the plot and a loose outline of current cannon history as well as many rules and F.A.Q's. The GM's for this game are Persephone325 and Sun Wukong, and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have either in this thread or via PM.

Premise

Charles Xavier, an extremely powerful Alpha level mutant telepath, created Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters in the 1970's. The school is a mansion that belonged to his family for ten generations. After the first two generations of X-Men who attended the school became adults, the school was renamed to Xavier's Institute of Higher Learning. Most, if not all, of the former students returned to become teachers to the later generations of mutants. His long-term friend, Erik Lensherr, occassionally taught at the school but Charles was forced to demand he leave after he lectured a group of students on the superiority of mutants and what he perceived as the 'Redundant' nature of ordinary humans.  For a time Charles kept the school from the public's eye, but he gradually introduced the concept of mutants to humans and made a great deal of progress towards peace. First through small Government meetings and then eventually, in 1982, it was announced to the public that mutants were very real.

After mutants became known to the public, there were always those that opposed them. Their arguments were varied but each contained a core of a natural fear, the humans fear that mutants possessed a power beyond what they ever could. For a while Charles and the Government did well to persuade the average citizen that mutants meant no harm, and that they were more than happy to learn to control their power and use them for the good of humanity. It wasn't until 1986 that the anti-mutant lobbyists gained their largest card in the debate. Erik Lensherr, now solely going by the name 'Magneto', committed a terror attack against an anti-mutant protest. In a display of raw power his magnetic powers butchered the protesters who had been attempting to attack a small group of mutants. The event was international news in moments and Magneto's extremist pro-mutant 'Brotherhood' did damage to mutant kind's reputation that it would take decades to repair.

Operating cautiously and under heavy sanctions Charles and the X-Men, a group of mutants from the school who were combat trained, countered the operations of the Brotherhood as the task proved impossible for those without powers. Soon enough the news stories turned from the horrors of mutants to the triumphs of the heroic X-Men against the villainous Brotherhood. Although many mistrust or still hate mutants the overall view was swayed, with the school managing to prove that mutants were more than capable of doing good. Activity from Magneto quietened, although his Brotherhood still grew, and the school flourished. Decades passed with only the occasional real clash. Now, in times of peace and fortune, something insidious has crept into the minds of mutants. Across the globe mutants of all power levels have felt a sense of unease, disturbed by something impossible to reach out to. It came to each at a different rate, but one by one more and more mutants complained of strange nightmares. A darkness that blotted out the sun, smog choking the air and dust swirling through the streets. Buildings ruined and rubble littering the ruined streets. Towering over the wasteland stood a tower, forged of dark metal, and throughout the land marched slave drivers. The sense of foreboding emanating from the tower was widely discussed, with the teachers doing their best to keep the students calm. Charles himself could not find any explanation, even searching through all the minds he could, but he too felt as though there was a coming storm.

Information and Rules

• So, what kind of character can I play/make? Mutant student or teacher! Omega level mutants will not be available for play. This includes any kind of OC Omega characters.
  • I have an original character I want to play. Is that alright? Of course! Feel free to make whatever kind of character you like. Just don't make your character too overpowered.
  • Will there be combat? Yes!
  • How will combat work? The people involved in the fight will let the GM know who the winner will be, and just play out the scene as they wish. If they can't come to a decision, I'll be happy to step in and help resolve the situation. But, PvP will not be the primary focus of this game. So I doubt there will be any issues here.
  • I wanted to play "insert character here". But you have them listed as a villain. Sorry. I know some villains turn into heroes at certain points in the Marvel Universe, but that won't happen so much in this game. I have a specific set of villains in mind for this game.
  • OK. But you have some former villains listed as playable heroes now. Like I said, I have a specific set of villains in mind for this game.
  • Can I play an Avenger/other Marvel character? On a case by case basis some characters may be allowed if they're made into mutants and fit the game.
  • I have an idea for a class/club that you don't have listed. Tell me! I'm open to any suggestions!

Game:

• Section the Game will be placed in and whether it is a system game or not. Bondage.
  • Who is the RP open to? (Gender, Sexuality, etc..?) Anyone and everyone. :-)
  • Short Summary of Player Roles and General Story/Plot. Players can make a mutant student, or teacher. (Youngest is 16, as per Elliquiy rules.) The game will deal with the characters and the aftermath of the attack on the school, and everyday life in New York. (Humans might become available for play some point during the game.)
  • Setting. Modern day New York.
  • Character creation info/guidelines if any. The character sheets.
  • Required Resources (If any) (If a system game - What books(ver.) or links to information needed such as an online guide or wiki?) There are numerous wikis available for people unfamiliar with the X-Men. Please use characters from the Earth-616 category! You may edit the history of canon characters if you'd like. The GM is slightly knowledgeable as well. Otherwise, she wouldn't be running this game. ;)
  • Game Pacing. Players should post when they are able to.
  • How much sexual activity is likely to occur or expected, if any? I don't want this game to be smut-driven, but I'm not leaving out the sexual element. Use in moderation. I will make a thread dedicated solely to sexual encounters, so as to not disturb the flow of the game.
  • Whether tagging will be used or not. Yes. I will provide a code in each IC thread.
Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level

• Will there be a Co-GM? Sun Wukong
  • How guided will the play be? Mostly freeform. I'll add in some major, and minor, events to keep things interesting.
  • What extent will players be allowed to create/use environment or setting details? Creating environments and setting details is something I'd like for the player to run by me first.
  • How NPC's will be handled. GM created NPCs should only be controlled by the GM(s), unless otherwise stated. Players creating NPCs can determine who controls them.
  • How active will the GM be? Very.
  • Will there be an OOC thread? Yes.
  • How to contact/approach GM with questions? OOC thread, or PM.
  • How will decisions be resolved? If players cannot reach a conclusion, then I will step in and do my best to help.
  • Will PvP be allowed? Yes. (See first section.)
Additional:

• Familiarize yourself with The Oath of the Drake, and Ember's Guide to RP Etiquette.
  • Please make note of other player's ons and offs. Blatant disregard of this rule will not be tolerated.
  • Player Participation Expectations. Players should notify the GM, and other players they are interacting with, if they will be gone for an extended period of time. I feel that after a month of unexcused inactivity (IE: just disappearing without notice), the character will either be: placed as inactive, or open for new players to play. This depends on whether the player is playing as a canon character or not, and if other players (new or current) have expressed interest in playing said character.
  • Discuss how new players will be brought into the game. Revolving door recruitment.
  • What Writing style/POV. Third person, past tense is preferred.

OOC Thread ~ For approved players only
Character Sheets ~ For approved players only
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

The table below is for reserved characters, that have no sheets yet.

-Canon Character-

Deadpool

-Reserved By-

Sun Wukong/GM NPC

*Indicates tentative interest

Females

A
Anna Sophia Robb - Emma Frost
Amy Lee - Black Bird
Aoi Miyazaki - Lady Deathstrike
B
Barbara Palvin - Stunt Double
C
Candice Swanepoel - Lorelei
Chloe Blanchard - X-23
D
E
Elizabeth Frances - Moontalker
Elizabeth Olsen - Scarlet Witch
Emma Dumont - Polaris
Emily Ratajkowski - Selene
Emily Rudd - Shadowcat
F
G
H
Hanna Edwinson - Dazzler
I
J
K
Kat Dennings - Prophetia
Katerina Graham - Darklighter
Katie Cassidy - Magik
L
M
N
Naressa Valdez - Domino
Natasha Negovanlis - Mercy
Nemo Valkyrja - Rogue
Nicole Meyer - Meticulous
Nyane Lebajoa - Storm
O
Olivia Munn - Psylocke
P
Q
R
Razor Candi - Marrow
Rebecca Romijn - Mystique
S
Saloni Maathur - Azul
Simone Simons - Firestar
Sophie Turner - Phoenix
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

Males

A
Alan Cumming - Nightcrawler
Alexis Papas - Gambit
Andreas Eriksen - Vulcan
Andy Velcich - Dreadnought
Anthony Joshua - Ion
Austin Scoggin - Venom
B
C
Clayton Straker - Iceman
Cole Monahan - Centauri
D
Donnie King - Bloodbath
E
F
Fabricio Zunino - Wraith
G
H
I
Ian McKellen - Magneto
Idris Elba - Osiris
J
Jorge Del Rio Romero - Edge
Josh Brolin - Cable
K
L
Luke Goss - Vanisher
M
N
Nick Bateman - Eidolon
O
P
Patrick Stewart - Professor X
Q
R
S
Shin Dong-Woo - Eden
T
Tyler Mane - Sabretooth
U
V
W
Wilson Bethel - Trickshot
X
Y
Z

Non-binaries

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

Reserves

A
Alexandra Park
B
C
D
E
F
G
Goncalo Teixeira
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Phoebe Tonkin
Poppy Drayton
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

Character Sheets
PLEASE PM ALL SHEETS TO PERSEPHONE AND SUN WUKONG! MAKE SURE YOU TITLE YOUR PM: Xavier's Institute For Higher Learning
(This is to make sure they go under the proper label and don't get lost!)
PLEASE, for the love of Bucky Barnes, try and stick to ONE PM for all character submissions. Character sheets are getting pushed down and missed because of the sheer number of multiple messages that could have easily been stuck in one PM conversation.
Do not edit the character sheet unless it says you can, or the GMs have given you permission to do so.
Players are limited to THREE playable characters! You may claim TWO CANONS, and ONLY ONE character may be a teacher. For now.

Thank you, Intimate Ink, for this helpful little chart!

POWER LEVEL: LOW                             POWER LEVEL: HIGH
CAN THE MUTANT PASS AS 'NORMAL': NO           Epsilon Level                             Gamma Level
CAN THE MUTANT PASS AS 'NORMAL': YES            Delta Level                             Alpha Level

Student Sheet
Basics
Character name:
Alias:
Weight:
Hair color:
Eye color:
Hometown/Place of birth:

More Personal
Family: Immediate family, even if they're deceased. Don't forget any mutant family.

Personality: Ideally a paragraph here.

Hobbies: As many as you like

History: At least 3 paragraphs here, please. No amnesiacs, and try to put enough information here so that we get a good feel of who your character is. Thank you!

Mutations and Powers
Classification: Please refer to this post. If you are unsure of this, the GMs will help you.

Type of mutant: Again, the GMs will help if you are unsure of this.

Powers: Nothing too powerful, or godlike. Especially for original characters.

Abilities: Things not given to your character by their mutation. Ex: multilingual, martial artist, etc.

School Information
Classes Taken:

Clubs/Extracurriculars:

Student Relations: Any significant relationships with other students.

Teacher/Staff Sheet
Basics
Character name:
Alias:
Weight:
Hair color:
Eye color:
Hometown/Place of birth:

More Personal
Family: Immediate family, even if they're deceased. Don't forget any mutant family.

Personality: Ideally a paragraph here.

History: At least 3 paragraphs here, please. No amnesiacs, and try to put enough information here so that we get a good feel of who your character is. Thank you!

Mutations and Powers
Classification: Please refer to this post. If you are unsure of this, the GMs will help you.

Abilities: Things not given to your character by their mutation. Ex: multilingual, martial artist, etc.

School Information
Classes Taught:

Staff Relations: Any significant relationships with other staff members.

NPC Sheet
Basics
Character name:
Alias:
Weight:
Hair color:
Eye color:
Hometown/Place of birth:

More Personal

Personality: A few words/sentences to describe them.

History: NPCs don't need as much in depth information on their sheets. Just a little info about their past is good.

Mutations and Powers

School Information
Classes Taken/Taught: (Choose one, delete the other)

Clubs/Extracurriculars:

Relations: Any significant relationships with other students/staff.

Level of control: GM only, player only, player with permission, everyone

Student Code
[float=left][img height=300 padding=5]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eKNb8n6dB9o/StunWhM-d5I/AAAAAAAADnQ/b8BqYGoCO64/s200/place+photo+here.jpg[/img][/float][glow=blue,2,300][size=18pt][u]Basics[/u][/size][/glow]
[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair color:[/b]
[b]Eye color:[/b]
[b]Hometown/Place of birth:[/b]

[glow=blue,2,300][size=18pt][u]More Personal[/u][/size][/glow]
[b]Family:[/b] Immediate family, even if they're deceased. Don't forget any mutant family.

[b]Personality:[/b] Ideally a paragraph here.

[b]Hobbies:[/b] As many as you like

[b]History:[/b] At least 3 paragraphs here, please. No amnesiacs, and try to put enough information here so that we get a good feel of who your character is. Thank you!

[glow=blue,2,300][size=18pt][u]Mutations and Powers[/u][/size][/glow]
[b]Classification:[/b] Please refer to [url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=218116.msg10727092#msg10727092]this post[/url]. If you are unsure of this, the GMs will help you.

[b]Type of mutant:[/b] Again, the GMs will help if you are unsure of this.

[b]Powers:[/b] Nothing too powerful, or godlike. Especially for original characters.

[b]Abilities:[/b] Things not given to your character by their mutation. Ex: multilingual, martial artist, etc.

[glow=blue,2,300][size=18pt][u]School Information[/u][/size][/glow]
[b]Classes Taken:[/b]

[b]Clubs/Extracurriculars:[/b]

[b]Student Relations:[/b] Any significant relationships with other students.

Teacher Code
[float=left][img height=300 padding=5]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eKNb8n6dB9o/StunWhM-d5I/AAAAAAAADnQ/b8BqYGoCO64/s200/place+photo+here.jpg[/img][/float][glow=red,2,300][size=18pt][u]Basics[/u][/size][/glow]

[glow=red,2,300][size=18pt][u]More Personal[/u][/size][/glow]
[b]Family:[/b] Immediate family, even if they're deceased. Don't forget any mutant family.

[b]Personality:[/b] Ideally a paragraph here.

[b]History:[/b] At least 3 paragraphs here, please. No amnesiacs, and try to put enough information here so that we get a good feel of who your character is. Thank you!

[glow=red,2,300][size=18pt][u]Mutations and Powers[/u][/size][/glow]
[b]Classification:[/b] Please refer to [url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=218116.msg10727092#msg10727092]this post[/url]. If you are unsure of this, the GMs will help you.

[b]Powers:[/b] Nothing too powerful, or godlike. Especially for original characters.

[b]Abilities:[/b] Things not given to your character by their mutation. Ex: multilingual, martial artist, etc.

[glow=red,2,300][size=18pt][u]School Information[/u][/size][/glow]
[b]Classes Taught:[/b]

[b]Staff Relations:[/b] Any significant relationships with other staff members.

NPC Code
[float=left][img height=300 padding=5]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eKNb8n6dB9o/StunWhM-d5I/AAAAAAAADnQ/b8BqYGoCO64/s200/place+photo+here.jpg[/img][/float][glow=black,2,300][size=18pt][u]Basics[/u][/size][/glow]

[glow=black,2,300][size=18pt][u]More Personal[/u][/size][/glow]

[b]Personality:[/b] A few words/sentences to describe them.

[b]History:[/b] NPCs don't need as much in depth information on their sheets. Just a little info about their past is good.

[glow=black,2,300][size=18pt][u]Mutations and Powers[/u][/size][/glow]

[glow=black,2,300][size=18pt][u]School Information[/u][/size][/glow]
[b]Classes Taken/Taught:[/b] (Choose one, delete the other)

[b]Clubs/Extracurriculars:[/b]

[b]Relations:[/b] Any significant relationships with other students/staff.

[right][b]Level of control:[/b] GM only, player only, player with permission, everyone[/right]

Classes

Teacher

Wren Baker
Scott Summers
Professor Xavier
Betsy Braddock
Jean Grey
AVAILABLE
AVAILABLE
Ororo Munroe
Professor Xavier
James "Logan" Howlett
Veronica Gabor
Hank McCoy
Kurt Wagner
Gabriel Summers
Bandile Pretorius
Edward “Eddie” Lloyd II
Nathaniel Walker
Alexander White
Camilla Bryant
Sarah Doe

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Class
Flight
Strategy & Tactics
Beginner Telepathy
Intermediate Telepathy, Mental Resilience
Advanced Telepathy, Advanced Telekinesis
Beginner Telekinesis
Intermediate Telekinesis
Sorcery and Magic, History (Mutant & Human)
Power Control (All levels)
History
Clairvoyance
Philosophy, Languages, General Sciences, Applied Sciences
Teleportation Training
Energy Manipulation
Geography, History, Basic & Advanced Hand to Hand Combat, Basic & Advanced Marksmanship
Swimming & Marine Biology
Biology, Chemistry, Woodworking & Metalworking & Basic Mechanic Work
Advanced & Basic Marksmanship, Basic Hand to Hand & Law
Computer Science (B/I/A); Logic and Computer Design (B/I/A); Applied Mathematics
Pain Management & Art

Clubs
*This list is not restrictive*

Archery
Chess
Drama
Photography
Swimming
Tennis
Track
Volleyball
Fish Club
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Totoro

Just a quick message to say hi to everyone interested. Looking forward to Co-GM'ing in this iteration of the game and to writing with you.

Aethyrium

Is this a continuation of a previous game, or a total restart? I found your worldbuilding thread for this, and it links to threads from a previous game it looks like.

Also there are faceclaims without characters attached to them? Or am I reading that wrong? I guess what I'd really like to know is if there is a full list of canons that are taken / NPC reserved.

Totoro

Quote from: Aethyrium on October 02, 2018, 12:48:13 AM
Is this a continuation of a previous game, or a total restart? I found your worldbuilding thread for this, and it links to threads from a previous game it looks like.

Also there are faceclaims without characters attached to them? Or am I reading that wrong? I guess what I'd really like to know is if there is a full list of canons that are taken / NPC reserved.

Continuation, but with a revamped story arc/missions and different characters used as NPC's as I wasn't one of the GM's before. There are a couple of Faceclaims which just need updating with their character attached. Of the four reserved for me Josh Brolin will be Cable, Austin Scoggin will be a mutant Venom, Idris Elba will be an OC and Tyler Mane will be Sabretooth.

I know Luna's two claims are for Storm and an OC.

persephone325

Quote from: Aethyrium on October 02, 2018, 12:48:13 AM

Everything related to face claims and characters is listed in the second post. ^^ It's up to date.

Please ignore the thread in the World Building section. :-)
I don't know.

Sirian Eve

Ooooo I'm so up for this! Debating on who to play though!

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

TheBlackThrone

Do you have an updated roster of what all characters have been currently claimed?
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Totoro

I believe this is fully up to date, a smaller version of the second post which includes faceclaims.

PC's: Rogue, Magik, Storm, Venom

NPC's: Jean Grey Psylocke, Professor X

NPC Villains: Emma Frost, Scarlet Witch, Polaris, Magneto, Mystique, Deathstrike, Sabretooth, Blob, Vanisher, Juggernaut, Selene, Toad, Blob, Lorelei, Avalanche, Pyro

TheBlackThrone

Hm...I'll send you an OC first. Sorry that I'm not clumping the CSes all together. I haven't decided if I want another character yet.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Totoro

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on October 02, 2018, 12:56:21 PM
Hm...I'll send you an OC first. Sorry that I'm not clumping the CSes all together. I haven't decided if I want another character yet.

No problem, look forward to seeing them.

Sirian Eve

Ahhh what the hey, I'll play M and possibly an OC.

Totoro

Quote from: Sirian Eve on October 02, 2018, 01:44:14 PM
Ahhh what the hey, I'll play M and possibly an OC.

Sounds good. Any face claim in mind for M?

Sirian Eve

Yup! Aaliyah Haughton. I'm playing her in the other game, but this time she'll be less mature since I want her to be a student.

Totoro

Quote from: Sirian Eve on October 02, 2018, 02:39:27 PM
Yup! Aaliyah Haughton. I'm playing her in the other game, but this time she'll be less mature since I want her to be a student.

Sounds good. Make sure you're careful about images you use of her, as she was famous before she was 18.

Sirian Eve

Yes, I always use her older photos. :) It's easy to tell usually because her style changed as she got older.

Totoro

Quote from: Sirian Eve on October 02, 2018, 02:50:02 PM
Yes, I always use her older photos. :) It's easy to tell usually because her style changed as she got older.

Ah, that helps. Just a note in case. Looking forward to seeing M.

persephone325

All face claims and characters are in the second post. They are up to date.
I don't know.

persephone325

I've also added links to the OOC thread and character sheet thread in the bottom of the first post.

Please only post in those threads if you are approved. <3
I don't know.

Jag

I'm only involved in one game right now and it's not super fast pace, so I think I could handle one character in here.

I'll have to think about it, but I'm definitely interested. I would either be going with Caliban (since I have taken a liking to playing him lately), my OC non-binary avian, or Nightcrawler (cause I always shy away from him and I'm trying to branch into playing him more). Not reserving anyone, so anyone else if free to take Caliban or Nightcrawler.

Just wanted to note my interest and see how I'm feeling in a day or so about it.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Totoro

Quote from: Jag on October 02, 2018, 07:52:36 PM
I'm only involved in one game right now and it's not super fast pace, so I think I could handle one character in here.

I'll have to think about it, but I'm definitely interested. I would either be going with Caliban (since I have taken a liking to playing him lately), my OC non-binary avian, or Nightcrawler (cause I always shy away from him and I'm trying to branch into playing him more). Not reserving anyone, so anyone else if free to take Caliban or Nightcrawler.

Just wanted to note my interest and see how I'm feeling in a day or so about it.

Sounds good, any of those would be a welcome addition to the game.

EvieFrye

I am interested, how many characters can we each play, and can there be romance between characters?

Totoro

Quote from: EvieFrye on October 02, 2018, 08:08:53 PM
I am interested, how many characters can we each play, and can there be romance between characters?

Three characters, maximum of two canon ones.

There can absolutely be romance between characters. Sexual scenes with have their own thread, and romance should generally be left out of missions so they can remain story focused , but what you do in the sandbox of the mansion if entirely up to you. Creating romance will just require the right other players.

EvieFrye

Well I ask because I have a ton of OC. I had actually created a mutant team based in Canada at one point, so I was thinking of using a few of them.

Jag

Eh what the heck. I was going to give it some time, but I work the next two days and I'd rather not wait that long (lest work suck out the last bit of humanity that is in me). I'm going to give Nightcrawler a shot as a teacher.

While there are more nicer full body shots of Kodi Smith-McPhee's Nightcrawler in casual clothing and I know he's over 18, he's just too baby faced for my comfort and there are questions on how old his Nightcrawler actually is. So I'm going to go with Alan Cumming for the faceclaim.

Now to think of what sort of class he could teach. Anyone want to learn how to talk like a pirate with a German accent and sword fight? >.>
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment