What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

If it does release via time zone... I am so rubbing it in =3 I love being a time traveler. I'm a One-Day Doctor.

Hemingway

Yeah, I literally just checked my Skyrim countdown before coming here - it says 14 hours, which puts it at 1AM. Which is when games are usually released on Steam here ( midnight UK time ). I was worried because the other major title recently released that had one release date for both Europe and the US, released it at 8AM here - midnight on the East Coast. Which is total crap, of course. I mean, we usually have to wait a few days before games are released here, and apparently that's okay. But god forbid the game gets released a few hours before the US here! That would be an outrage!

Sabby

Hey, guess what I just got? Go on, guess? I shall give a hint. It's currently 'decrypting' on Steam.

U jelly? =3

Sylk

Beta for Star Wars The Old Republic. Loving it!
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on November 10, 2011, 07:02:22 AM
Hey, guess what I just got? Go on, guess? I shall give a hint. It's currently 'decrypting' on Steam.

U jelly? =3
Superman 64? :D

(Is waiting for the inevitable error message of karmic retribution and Sabby's related fit of swearing.)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Will you settle for giggle-fits from the peanut gallery?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Nooope. Chuck Testa.

I mean, works fine. Doing archery =3 the combat is a lot better, now.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on November 10, 2011, 11:30:22 AM
Nooope. Chuck Testa.

I mean, works fine. Doing archery =3 the combat is a lot better, now.
The universe just isn't fair. :'[

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on November 10, 2011, 11:33:30 AM
The universe just isn't fair. :'[

Don't worry, the universe will correct itself and kill power to his entire neighborhood and all will be well again.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Hemingway

Quote from: Sabby on November 10, 2011, 07:02:22 AM

U jelly? =3

If you're pulling the time zone card, I'm pulling the "my computer is way better than yours and the game will look a lot prettier and run a lot smoother"-card.

Bayushi

Quote from: Hemingway on November 10, 2011, 12:15:09 PM
If you're pulling the time zone card, I'm pulling the "my computer is way better than yours and the game will look a lot prettier and run a lot smoother"-card.
If it helps, I haven't even bought the game yet (I will probably around Christmas. I suspect that I'll get an Amazon gift card from the parental figures, which is pretty common).

However, I'll be playing it on my brand new (I won a contest!) Core i7 2600k machine with 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600, two GTX580's in SLi, on a 46-inch LED HDTV.

It really doesn't get much better than that.  O:)

Hemingway

Quote from: Akiko on November 10, 2011, 04:18:37 PM
However, I'll be playing it on my brand new (I won a contest!) Core i7 2600k machine with 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600, two GTX580's in SLi, on a 46-inch LED HDTV.

It really doesn't get much better than that.  O:)

You'll be set for a few years with that sort of hardware.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on November 10, 2011, 04:39:45 PM
You'll be set for a few years with that sort of hardware.
Unless there's a big graphical breakthrough. That happened to me. It's the factor that pushed me away from PC.

Sylk

defers to those conversations where there's no fitting in for me.

TTFN
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

abandoneddolly

Quote from: Inkidu on November 10, 2011, 04:45:19 PM
Unless there's a big graphical breakthrough. That happened to me. It's the factor that pushed me away from PC.

I wish  I could play games on something besides Pc, but my husbands like any game worth getting is for Pc, were not wasting money on a xbox.

SinXAzgard21

My computer that i'm getting is only costing me around 700 bucks.... Built it on Cyberpowerpc.com....  currently i'm playing dungeon defenders on ps3 with my wife... Later this evening though... I will be rocking out on Skyrim.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Hemingway

Skyrim.

( and that was the last anyone heard from him for about two weeks )

msa24680

MW3 and Skyrim...    speaking of...   *walks away towards my living room*

Bayushi

Quote from: Hemingway on November 10, 2011, 04:39:45 PMYou'll be set for a few years with that sort of hardware.
I suspect so.

I've already overclocked the processor to 4.2GHz (stock is 3.4GHz).

Gawdamn this thing is fast.

Hemingway

I just made myself play through the rest of the MW3 campaign.  If ever there was a game that just wasn't necessary, it's that. It only manages to capture a small bit of the feeling of the past two games, and in many ways feels like a step back. In MW2, they realized that people like technological gadgets and futuristic equipment, of which there is very little in this game. Instead, we get a dull selection of weapons, a story that tries to make you care but doesn't really succeed because aside from Soap and Price it doesn't bother giving anyone any personality ... and the multiplayer is just ... it's MW2, except not as good. And that's not to say that MW2 was great, even that was a step back from the original Modern Warfare. I just don't know why this game exists at all.

Well. That's a lie. It exists because millions of people, myself included, are gullible enough to pay for it.

Now, I'm going to find out if people still play MW1 online, and if it's actually as I remember it as being.

Edit: I've been holding my breath for Saints Row: The Third. I liked Saints Row 2, never played the first one ... but I wanted to wait for the reviews, because I had a gut feeling it could fail. Damn, was I wrong. I mean, I don't trust reviewers, but it has been getting some seriously good reviews.

Sabby

I'm playing it right now. Good to see Gat is still a force of nature wrapped in beast.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on November 14, 2011, 08:32:24 PM
I'm playing it right now. Good to see Gat is still a force of nature wrapped in beast.
I love Gat.

"Mr. Gat you're charged with 180 counts of murder, how do you plead?"
"I think the statute of limitations has run out on those."
"There is no statue of limitations on murder!"
"Well, why the fuck not?"

If I had the money I'd get the Third, but alas. I'll just have to make due with everyone's favorite face-stabby Italian (no not Mario).

Sabby

"You French fuck!"

"Actually, I am Belgian..."

"So make yourself a fucking waffle. Lets get out of here"

Wolfy

Am I playing Skyrim...or is it playing me? D: