News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Blocking Site Access

Started by Elohim, October 22, 2008, 08:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elohim

I'm pretty much computer illiterate but I was wondering if there was a way to block a website so it can't be accessed?

Oniya

There should be, (I know libraries do it) but more info about your setup would help.  Browser, Windows version/Mac OS, whether or not you've got any security installed (my copy of XP apparently has a built-in firewall, for example).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Elohim

I just found a Firefox add on that allows me to do it actually...  should have done a bit more personal research.

Oniya

Good to hear ^_^  Care to share it?  My little one isn't quite on the 'Net yet, but the way they learn these days...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Elohim

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3145

I don't know how helpful it'll be for monitoring internet access,  mostly you can use it to block individual sites it seems.

Oniya

Monitoring is easy enough - at least until she figures out how to clear the history file.   ;D

Mathim

Can you try free downloading of net-nanny type software? That way only you can access adult stuff since you'll know the password. And you won't have to buy it so there's no cost involved.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).