NEBULA HIGH - Super Powered High School! (Reboot - Closed for Now)

Started by LunarSage, January 11, 2013, 07:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artemis050

Quote from: LunarSage on January 11, 2013, 04:24:23 PM
artemis050, your primary power is cool, but if you would like to have innate protection from harm from metal you need to take that as your secondary power.  Just like a character with fire expulsion would need to take immunity to fire and heat as their secondary power.

Ok! I can understand that. I will just nix the immunity to metal; I will keep the photographic memory/hyper-awareness. Thanks for the quick feedback.
I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A Death. What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch and you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities. You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, spend your last nine months floating... and you finish off as an orgasm.

Senti

Well you know I am here...but just checking in then slipping back into the shadows.

tis a super game.

Chasseybaby

do age and grade level count here like if im 18 i have to be a senior? I was wanting to be a 17 freshmen, if thats acceptable? Thank you!

Josietta

I'm going to say its possible to be 17 and a freshmen.. just not common. But definitely possible.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

AribethAmkiir

Of course I'm interested.

Lunar's link to that character page isn't showing.  Hoping to see what powersets are already in use.

LunarSage

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 12, 2013, 02:41:06 AM
Of course I'm interested.

Lunar's link to that character page isn't showing.  Hoping to see what powersets are already in use.

Heya Aribeth!  :-)

Oops!  Looks like I forgot to add the URL.  My bad.

Here it is.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

ebpohmr

Sounds like fun! Am out on mobile at the moment, so will reply/apply properly later!

kingmaster1

LunarSage

Quote from: kingmaster1 on January 12, 2013, 09:09:16 AM
Should we post our characters there sage?

No, I will do that sometime today.  Give me some time though.  I'm scrambling to prepare another group game (Shadowrun) to start IC posts today.

kingmaster1

Okay, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something :-)

Josietta

Feel free to get to know each other and make connections with each other until we start.  You've all been at the school at least since the beginning of the term and have likely seen each other. So once your character has the green light to go, feel free to chat and figure out who you might get along with and what not.

I have a few NPCs I play.. including the Queen B Cheerleader bitches... and a really nerdy guy who lusts after the Head Cheerleader and gets shite on too often, much to his dismay lol

The Vice Principal (a former Sentinel of Honor member) - Jocelyn Biltmore (aka Starlight)
and the School Nurse Belinda Brentwood (a magic based feline race superpowered being)

As far as PC's go I have

Kasume (my density control girl)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Chasseybaby

Sorry it took so long to reply back! Im excited to start! ^^ Let me know if I need to change anything!

NAME: Sophie Ann Reed

NOM DE GUERRE: Sliver Fox

PLAYER: Chasseybaby

SEXUAL ORIENTATION:  Straight

POSITION/GRADE: Sophomore

ORIGIN: Natural mutation; was born between two genetically enhanced parents.

RESIDENCE: Avon, Colorado

PARENTS AND RELATIVES OF NOTE:  Mother Jane Reed otherwise known as Ice and Father, James Reed also known as Mastermind.

POWERS: Sophie has the ability to enter people’s dreams to speak with them from long distances as long as the persons asleep alter their memories and perceptions, as well as disclose secrets from the sleeping mind.  Her main power is her ability to focus all her psychic powers, by intensely channeling and focusing her psionic powers to her hands to create “psychic arrow”, a bow and arrow of pure mental energy which can be the ultimate physical manifestation of her powers which can be plunged into the minds of her targets directly, which she often used to disrupt the neurons of her foes giving her compete control of their mind in a body.

The Appearance
EYE COLOR: Liquid Silver

HAIR COLOR: Honey Brown

HEIGHT: 5’3

WEIGHT: 120lbs

BODY TYPE: Tiny and thin

APPEARANCE

Beyond the Image

LIKES: Books, strawberries, laughing and smiling, nail polish and snow

DISLIKES: Bullies, spiders, being late, close minded people and being alone

TALENTS: Can play the piano and speak French, Italian, and Latin

CHARACTER TRAITS: Quite, cute and friendly

PERSONALITY: Sophie is a timid and fun loving type of girl. She is very friendly but not very sociable around others. She is very creative and smart; one of her passions is playing the piano or reading about myths and fairy tales.  She is very lonely being the only child of two well-known super heroes. She keeps everything bottled up and paints on a fake smile for her parents who have done everything for her to become something positive. People find her very cryptic and mysterious. No one can getting pass her secretiveness to really get to know who she really is.  She not very confident in herself but is trusting, hopeful, upbeat with her life.

History: Sophie Ann Reed was born in Napa, California to Jane and James Reed who owned a famous wine resort that they build to start their own family.. Decadence of a long line of super humans, her parents knew she would one day become a genetically enhanced hero like them. Sophie had been normal for most of her life, keeping the secret of her parent’s old lives from the people around them. She soon started to have headaches at age thirteen, signaling the emergence of her mental powers. Then while at a sleep over Sophie walked into her friends dream, scared of what was happening she blanked the girls mind, putting her in a month long coma. Afraid of how their baby would be treated they moved off into the Colorado mountain ski resort town of Avon where her parents have tried to teach her to harness her abilities to their full potential. Her father, a powerful mind manipulator, taught her how to focus the power and not to be alarmed when entering a person’s head.   Unable to tech her more, the Reeds have opted to send her to Nebula high to be further trained to become a well-endowed superhero. Unlike her parents Sophie has a dream to become a performer and travel the world. But unable to break her parent’s hearts she has agreed to attend their parent’s choice school and is hoping to control her powers to the best of her ability.

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

kingmaster1

Josietta, I was just wondering if there were relationships between students and teachers, possibly romantic, cause I read about the foxy nurse and think she would fit Jet fairly well :P

LunarSage

Quote from: Kokaine on January 12, 2013, 11:26:13 AM
Lunar, Josi, will my npcs still be playable?

Of course!  :-)

Chasseybaby, your character looks ok, but please bear in mind that mind control powers can only be used on NPCs unless the player of the PC gives you express permission to do so.  It's one of those powers that can easily tread into the realm of godmodding if you're not careful.

Josietta

Quote from: kingmaster1 on January 12, 2013, 11:27:37 AM
Josietta, I was just wondering if there were relationships between students and teachers, possibly romantic, cause I read about the foxy nurse and think she would fit Jet fairly well :P

*chuckles*  No, I'm afraid not. There are no student/teacher relationships allowed.  Its all about legalities and conflicts of interest as far as that goes. Can't have people playing favorites just because their student gave good.. umm.. well you know.. ;)

But she'd be happy to talk and give a wink or three your way. ;)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

kingmaster1

Haha, I think Jet would like those winks :P

Really he might be one of those guys who goes to the nurses office everyday with...something to do with a fever or...uncomfortableness in a certain area that might need help...

But does that mean NPCs aren't in the...more erotic scenes as well?

LunarSage

Quote from: kingmaster1 on January 12, 2013, 11:39:42 AM
Haha, I think Jet would like those winks :P

Really he might be one of those guys who goes to the nurses office everyday with...something to do with a fever or...uncomfortableness in a certain area that might need help...

But does that mean NPCs aren't in the...more erotic scenes as well?

Ah no, the NPCs can be in sexy time scenes just like PCs.  :-)

kingmaster1

Jefepato

I'm thinking of remaking my previous character (with less being inattentive to the game).  Possibly fine-tuning the powers to require less active buy-in from other people though, or making them more like something he can learn to control (since students not having mastery of their powers is kind of the point, and I was never sure that Tommy having a passive power that he was mostly just learning to take advantage of was good enough).  Or just doing a different take on a similar concept.  I think I need to spend some quality time with Wikipedia.

Kokaine

Quote from: LunarSage on January 12, 2013, 11:28:43 AM
Of course!  :-)

Awesome.

Then as it stands, Karter and her bestie (Chester-NPC) will be returning as is.
Theo I am contemplating turning into a girl at this point though I'll not be changing the power set at all. And my other NPC will just be getting a new face.

My PCs and my NPCs are all open to setting up any sort of history or plot to be played out.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Josietta

Kasume thinks Theo is adorably sexy! ;P

Yay for Karter and Chester!  Braelyn will be so happy. ;D

Jef> sounds good darlin' whatever you want to go with! ;)  We'd be happy to have you with us.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

kingmaster1

Just...at the risk of sounding slow do we already have an IC thread? If not I don't mean to put pressure on, I'm just curious :-)

LunarSage

Not yet.  We'll be making such threads tomorrow or Monday since we've had so much interest already.  :-)

Josietta

There is one thread up but its because it holds a scene that was put on hold.  So yes.. we will be putting up the "rebooted" threads tomorrow  or Monday. Things are hectic around here at this exact moment. We'll put up an OOC tomorrow at the very least.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas