NEBULA HIGH - Super Powered High School! (Reboot - Closed for Now)

Started by LunarSage, January 11, 2013, 07:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokaine

Quote from: Josietta on January 12, 2013, 12:48:28 PM
Kasume thinks Theo is adorably sexy! ;P

Yay for Karter and Chester!  Braelyn will be so happy. ;D

She does?! O.O
Theo is so awkward, lol.
xDDD

Karter feels she has some unfinished business to attend to ;)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Josietta

Quote from: Kokaine on January 12, 2013, 01:12:36 PM
She does?! O.O
Theo is so awkward, lol.
xDDD

Karter feels she has some unfinished business to attend to ;)

Mmmhmmmmm.... ;D

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Chasseybaby

Quote from: LunarSage on January 12, 2013, 11:28:43 AM

Chasseybaby, your character looks ok, but please bear in mind that mind control powers can only be used on NPCs unless the player of the PC gives you express permission to do so.  It's one of those powers that can easily tread into the realm of godmodding if you're not careful.

Thank you and I understand, I'm not one to do something without asking another players consent. :)

AndyZ

There enough room yet for a seventeen sorceress student?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

LunarSage

Quote from: AndyZ on January 12, 2013, 02:20:26 PM
There enough room yet for a seventeen sorceress student?

Anyone is more than welcome to join!  Feel free to make a character sheet, Andy.  :-)

Quote from: Chasseybaby on January 12, 2013, 01:50:55 PM
Thank you and I understand, I'm not one to do something without asking another players consent. :)

Awesome.  Thanks for understanding.

Quote from: Jefepato on January 12, 2013, 12:33:44 PM
I'm thinking of remaking my previous character (with less being inattentive to the game).  Possibly fine-tuning the powers to require less active buy-in from other people though, or making them more like something he can learn to control (since students not having mastery of their powers is kind of the point, and I was never sure that Tommy having a passive power that he was mostly just learning to take advantage of was good enough).  Or just doing a different take on a similar concept.  I think I need to spend some quality time with Wikipedia.

Yeah, I agree.  The passive powers make it hard for the school to teach him to control them.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with.  :-)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Jefepato

Would it be possible to have a character's minor power be immunity to having their powers negated?  I don't have anything specific in mind yet that I'd even pair it with (I'm not trying to ruin gym class, unless it's really funny), but it occurred to me that it could make sense for a demigod character to simply not have his ability turned off by anything mortals could build.  On the other hand I'm not sure it's appropriate to imply that one power-origin is actually better than others in a genuinely objective sense.

Kokaine

Thought I'd throw this up here just so the npc power sets could be seen and just to be sure they're okay.

The Basics

NAME: Chester Meeks (NPC)

NOM DE GUERRE: Slipscreen

PLAYER: Kokaine

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Straight

POSITION/GRADE: Soccer player/Junior

ORIGIN: Natural Mutation

RESIDENCE: Las Vegas, NV

PARENTS AND RELATIVES OF NOTE: Father – MadMax (former Villain), Mother – Patricia Ayler (reporter/journalist)

POWERS: Teleportation – can transport himself, as well as other people or objects independently of himself, across distances at an accelerated rate through use of an alternate plane.
Enhanced physical condition (with emphasis on agility and dexterity) – this ability allows him to teleport quickly, as well as emerge ready to engage or teleport again if necessary rather than needing a moment to recuperate as others might.

The Appearance

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Brown

HEIGHT: 6'3”

WEIGHT: 205lbs

BODY TYPE: Muscular

APPEARANCE:

Beyond the Image

LIKES: Girls, ink, lifting weights, music, Karter, practical jokes, hanging out, partying, skateboarding

DISLIKES: people who take themselves too seriously, homework, pickles

TALENTS: getting other people in trouble, blending in, break dancing, soccer, drawing

CHARACTER TRAITS: troublemaker, laid back, observant

PERSONALITY: Chester is fairly well known by now both as Karter's best friend and as the guy with the water balloons. He has a naturally infectious laugh and is good at putting people at ease when he's not teasing them or setting them up somehow. Among those he likes he's well liked in return. He's got no future plans for a life of crime fighting or any such thing but has been more focused on getting people to forget his father was a former villain and simply see him for the easy going guy he is.

The Basics

NAME: Araceli Santos (NPC)

NOM DE GUERRE: Torrent

PLAYER: Kokaine

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Bi-curious

POSITION/GRADE: Sophmore

ORIGIN: Natural mutation

RESIDENCE: Columbia

PARENTS AND RELATIVES OF NOTE: Father – Aurelio Santos (Columbian politician and unregistered super with exceptionally enhanced charm/charisma), Mother – Leandra Pietersen (model)

POWERS: Cyberpathy – can perceive, understand, control and generate electronic, digital, and radio transmissions without accessing any standard source of communication, though she cannot tap into wired communications such as land lines and the like. She is in essence a living wireless hub/computer.
Cybernetic Memory – enhanced memory that allows her to store or delete memories as she chooses.

The Appearance

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

HEIGHT: 5'6”

WEIGHT: 122

BODY TYPE: toned and curvy

APPEARANCE:

Beyond the Image

LIKES: swimming, diving, surfing, puzzles, games, chocolate (A LOT), intelligence, affection, anything that stimulates the senses pleasurably, people who are good with their hands

DISLIKES: fads/trends/stupid phases, people who are cold and distant (like computers), barriers/road blocks in her way, the headaches her power sometimes causes

TALENTS: hacking, decoding, swimming, games

CHARACTER TRAITS: Intelligent, sensitive, mercurial

PERSONALITY: Araceli is not your stereotypical tech geek. She doesn't wear glasses, doesn't typically fill her sentences with endless techno-babble, and enjoys getting out and about. She is at times very friendly and affectionate with a slightly quirky flare, while other times she can be increasingly distant and withdrawn and it all has to do with her powers. The longer she is “jacked in” the more distant she grows, which is why she often seeks some sort of sensory stimulation once she manages to pull free, but the longer she tries to ignore the transmissions around her and just be normal, the bigger her need to “jack in” grows. When she starts to become moody and irritable it is generally a sign that she is pulling too far toward one extreme or the other.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Josietta

Quote from: Jefepato on January 12, 2013, 03:35:41 PM
Would it be possible to have a character's minor power be immunity to having their powers negated?  I don't have anything specific in mind yet that I'd even pair it with (I'm not trying to ruin gym class, unless it's really funny), but it occurred to me that it could make sense for a demigod character to simply not have his ability turned off by anything mortals could build.  On the other hand I'm not sure it's appropriate to imply that one power-origin is actually better than others in a genuinely objective sense.

Even if Technology can't "turn off" his power, magic would still be able to do so.  Otherwise he'd be a liability to the school and to the world as a whole really. There has to be a way to control everyone in some way shape or form. What you can do is have his minor ability be immunity to tech based controls. Meaning there is no technology that could hold him aka stop his main power. However, powerful magic based powers could.

Kokaine> both have the greenlight. :)  Looks good and balanced.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

kingmaster1

I'm very excited for this ;D

Still trying to think of an alias for Jet...I can't think of one for his powers other than like...abyss or void

Jefepato

That's fair.  I had a different idea anyway.  For the record, I'm more than willing to discuss if the power needs to be tweaked, because despite the limits it's obnoxiously versatile.  I'm trying to figure out how to balance it between being an ability with serious potential implications and not breaking the game.  So with apologies to Minister Faust,

NAME: Tommy Nakamura

NOM DE GUERRE: Callout

PLAYER: Jefepato

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Straight

POSITION/GRADE: Junior

ORIGIN: Son of Tenjin, a deified scholar/poet of Japan

RESIDENCE: Los Angeles, CA, USA

PARENTS AND RELATIVES OF NOTE: Tommy's mother is Alison Nakamura, an accomplished software engineer of Irish and French descent.  His father, Hideyoshi Nakamura, is of course really an incarnation of the god Tenjin; he is often away on "business trips" (his family knows what's up, few others do), but is a distinguished professor of history at UCLA.

POWERS: Major power: Logogenesis -- Tommy can literally speak objects into existence.  (He can't directly affect existing objects, and speaking things that aren't physical objects is meaningless.)  It's generally easier if the objects he wants are relatively simple, not too large, and meant to appear nearby, although the actual limits are still unknown as he practices.  Speaking longer and more precise phrases helps too.  He doesn't control the objects he created (unless he's actually holding them or something), although they can be created already in motion.  Broadly speaking, Tommy needs to understand the object he's making, although not perfectly -- he could create a copy of a book he's read several times and knows well without remembering the text verbatim, for example.  He doesn't have to actually know how to create an object in whatever the normal way is, though (he can create a sword without knowing blacksmithing)

Tommy's pronunciation and enunciation needn't be perfect, but they do need to be close enough, and he can't use his power if he can't speak.  He doesn't need to speak loudly, and a sore throat isn't likely to stop him, but sufficient damage to his throat (or just holding his mouth shut) might.  He needn't be perfectly specific -- if he says "bunch of grapes" getting the type of grapes he wanted isn't usually a problem -- but he can't be actively deceptive.  Summoning a "cane" might get him his option of styles but it won't be a sword-cane.  Any language works (and Tommy can't resist abusing the hell out of this), even if it's a dead language or unusual dialect, but it has to be a real language.  Constructed languages are fine, but Tommy can't just invent words on his own and never explain them to people.  He has no idea if actually constructing a language with its own full vocabulary would work.

Normally, created objects are temporary -- not temporary enough to disappear mid-use unless Tommy is doing something pretty extreme, but they don't last long after he's done with them.  (That said, Tommy can't intentionally end his own items by fiat -- if someone uses his own creation against him, he can't hasten its time limit.)  He's sort of getting the hang of knowing about how long they'll last, but it's a slow process since he doesn't have any special ability to sense that; he has to go by his notion of how "well" he invoked his power, which is kind of weird and he hasn't been able to explain it to anyone else.  He can, however, create permanent objects, although it takes enough time to rarely be useful in a crisis; a permanent object that's finished is truly "real" and not part of Tommy's power any longer, meaning it's not really distinguishable from any natural object unless it's somehow odd in itself.  Most forms of making money off this would be probably illegal and definitely unethical (Tommy's taken up sculpting, but making gold in any serious quantity is bad news).

Creating living creatures is basically not a thing.  It's not that Tommy's power can't theoretically do it, but he can't understand anything more complicated than an amoeba well enough to create it.  He could create a steak, but grasping an actual cow's brain is beyond anything he can realistically manage.  Creating a sapient being is right out -- to understand a soul he'd have to be a god.  In any case, the results of screwing up could be horrific and also get his ass kicked, so he would never try.

Minor power: Divine toughness.  Tommy is significantly harder to hurt than a normal person, in a way that's oddly biased toward protecting his life (a legacy of his father's immortality).  It doesn't protect him from papercuts at all and punches only a bit, but his bones are quite hard to break and his vital organs are outrageously tough.  It might not be possible to actually kill him without supernatural means, but he wouldn't be eager to find out if he actually understood fully how this power works.

The Appearance

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Black

HEIGHT: 5'11

WEIGHT: 178 lbs.

BODY TYPE: Athletic, reasonably muscular

APPEARANCE: Tommy is a handsome young man, dark-haired and dark-eyed, with mixed Caucasian and Asian features.  He's obviously in excellent shape and doesn't mind dressing to show it off, although he tries to keep it reasonably casual because he assumes people will rightly think him an ass if he flaunts his family's wealth too much.  He wears his hair short, and styled so as to look effortlessly nice.  He's usually smiling, and moves with an easy, confident stride.

Beyond the Image

DISLIKES: idiots, horror movies, bullies, people who can't have a bit of common decency

TALENTS: go, languages (speaks English, Japanese, Spanish, Mandarin and Hindi fluently, and a serious smattering of others for obvious reasons), athletics, pretty much everything in school, reasonably strong-willed

CHARACTER TRAITS: driven, kind, loyal, unsure

PERSONALITY: Tommy is a fairly nice young man who's a bit too used to his life being easy.  He tries not to act like that, because frankly people thinking he's being a jerk about having it easy is something he can't stand (even when they're right), and he works hard at what he does for exactly that reason.  He's loyal to his friends and generally is mostly pretty confident and acts like it, and certainly has no fear of things like public speaking.  One thing that really bothers him, though, is that although he enjoys his classes at Nebula High, he really isn't sure that superheroing is even the best use of his powers -- and he honestly doesn't know if he's being rational or just afraid that he's going to get himself killed.

Tommy was born in LA to the aforementioned parents, and grew up a happy child -- his family certainly didn't lack for much, even if his father couldn't always be around.  He probably had his powers from birth, although it wasn't obvious until he could say the names of objects.  His parents raised him multilingual once he began speaking, which was quite easy for obvious reasons.

Tommy is smart -- not superhumanly smart, but pretty damn smart by any reasonable measure -- but more to the point he's just plain good at school.  Although he didn't hit a lot of nerd stereotypes he still occasionally got pushed around for being a "teacher's pet," but he was generally tough enough to hold his own.  Most of the time.  He still isn't fond of bullies.

It's hard to say why he decided to learn to be a superhero.  Maybe it's just that he felt like someone besides him should benefit from his powers.  His parents are supportive, if somewhat worried; his father never was much of a warrior.  The teachers mostly like him, although explaining why his powers aren't that useful for cheating tends to take a while.  Gym and combat classes have whipped him into shape in a big way, and he complies because having so many classmates who are physically superior is kind of embarrassing.  He tries to be vague about the source of his powers, because it'd just sound like he's bragging.

azzmeister89

NAME: Nate Makenzie

NOM DE GUERRE: sky walker

PLAYER: Azzmeister89

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Heterosexual

POSITION/GRADE: Transfer student, Sophomore

ORIGIN: Blessing from ancient spirit

RESIDENCE: England

PARENTS AND RELATIVES OF NOTE: none, Nate was raised in an orphanage

POWERS: Nate has the power to manipulate the wind although it is very much in accordance to his emotional state, his lack of control also goes as far as making things happen by accident, he has been know to accidentlly rip a woman's clothing off by sneezing...... also don't feed him curry he also seems to have no weight to his body, although he will stay grounded if he wishes he is able to just let the wind carry him off if he wanted it too.

The Appearance

EYE COLOR: ice blue

HAIR COLOR: Black

HEIGHT: 6ft

WEIGHT: N/A

BODY TYPE: slim but toned

APPEARANCE: Nate dresses in surfer style fashion, wearing t-shirts with fun or catchy pictures or logo's, three quarter length shorts and sandals 

Beyond the Image

DISLIKES: agressiv people, being inside, loud noises

TALENTS: due to his powers over wind he has been able to master whistling like every kind of bird that when he does, they whistle back as if in conversation although he doesn't understand them.

CHARACTER TRAITS: totally go with the flow

PERSONALITY: Relaxed and happy go lucky, Nate is a true child of nature, he doesn't like to cause harm to any living creature, especially those who have an affinity to the sky however if angered he becomes as deadly as the force he controls and his anger can be compared to a super storm.

History: Nate was born and raised in an orphanage in England, knowing nothing of his father or mother, only that a young girl of barely sixteen one day turned up to give birth and was gone three days later, leaving her son behind.

As a boy, Nate was very angry, he picked fights with children he knew were bigger then him and sometimes he let them beat him, not that he needed to let them at the time. it wasn't until he was fifteen that he gained his powers. A school trip to a Mueseam of Celtic History in England had him come across a strange stone that not even historians could tell the nature of. Within the stone resided a spirit of the wind from Ancient times, in exchange for freeing it, the spirit blessed Nate with his powers.

One month later agents of Nebula high school came for him, however believing they were trying to kill him, Nate ran and spent the next two years on the run until he was captured, explaining his situation he eventually agreed to there offer to join the school.

Jefepato

Quote from: kingmaster1 on January 12, 2013, 05:04:53 PM
I'm very excited for this ;D

Still trying to think of an alias for Jet...I can't think of one for his powers other than like...abyss or void

Intake?

It's a little odd-sounding, but I always feel like two-syllable words have the right snappy sound for a superhero name.

kingmaster1

Intake might not be bad, I may end up flipping a coin in a tournament style for the name :P

AndyZ

NAME: Brittany Mycroft

NOM DE GUERRE: Mystrix

PLAYER: AndyZ

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Lesbian

POSITION/GRADE: Junior

ORIGIN: Seventh daughter of a seventh daughter

RESIDENCE: Tennessee

PARENTS AND RELATIVES OF NOTE: Her family is completely mundane and all ties to them have been severed for their protection.

POWERS: Right now, her magical powers are mostly raw and untrained.  She's learned to manipulate various types of energy to some degree (for example, bending light into obviously fake holograms or flying) and minor shapeshifting abilities, but anything else she manages so far has virtually no staying power.  Her only attempt at permanent effects was to make her hair golden blonde, which obviously didn't quite take.

It all comes at a price, however, especially when she tries to do something she's never done before.  One time she had to try to heal someone, and did so by turning them into a lizard for an hour.  Even though her friend doesn't remember, she still feels a little guilty about it.  She can't ever seem to use a technological device without it exploding when she tries to improvise a spell or gets upset, but she's managed with practice to duplicate the effects of a cell phone with a spell.  Moving things with magic, even herself to fly, creates a sharp breeze that can be quite noticeable indoors.

One thing she really wants to learn is to control the body's electrical sensors to a degree where she can affect people directly (for example, to knock someone out or induce an orgasm without external effects) but that's going to take practice.

((This may not perfectly fit with the one major, one minor.  I see her as learning more as time goes on and not having a lot of talents at first.  Technically, she's only taking one power of magical aptitude, but that may be too much for what you're thinking.  Please let me know.))

Beyond the Image

LIKES: Fast cars, new clothes, making friends, ice cream (casting gives her a pretty fast metabolism), learning new things

DISLIKES: Bullies, people making fun of her hair, people getting angry at her when she messes up a spell or a gizmo explodes or gets fried in her general vicinity, having children

TALENTS: Besides her magic, she's very intelligent and well-read.  She also has a knack for driving, and for whatever reason, vehicles never seem to go awry while she's the one driving.

CHARACTER TRAITS: Optimistic, spontaneous, but somewhat competitive and driven when she gets focused on something

PERSONALITY: Usually pretty bubbly and outgoing when things are going well, but she can get angry and frustrated just as quickly

History

When the seventh child of a family has seven children, the result tends to create an influx of magic, though such effects are rarely seen in a world where few people have more than two or three children.  For the seventh of a seventh to have seven children results only in a monster, a creature with enough magical power to masquerade as human and sew chaos across the nine planes.  Many who know such dark tales choose never to risk having children at all.

Brittany, like other sevenths of sevenths, didn't manifest her powers until her seventeenth birthday.  By then, however, agents of the supernatural had taken steps to fake her death and erase her records, ensuring that her true name would not be easily revealed to the wrong people.  By the time her powers finally manifested, she'd chosen the name Mystrix for herself.

She still misses her family, but trying to look in on them and find out what they're doing has only been more painful.  Trying to log into Facebook and check on them only caused the computer to wail in sorrow and burst into salty clouds of condensed tears.  She's had a few months since, and everything else about her life has mostly helped her get over it.  Mostly.

At least she was lucky enough to get a summertime birthday, so that she didn't have to get pulled out of school and have to repeat the year.  However, that does mean that she's a bit further ahead than she should be as a junior in her supernatural training.  Ah well, she's a smart girl, so she'll hopefully be able to keep up and handle everything.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Josietta

Jef, Andy, Azz :

You all look good to me at a glance. Lunar and I will go over them more thoroughly tomorrow and he'll give you the green light or give feedback. :)

*gets drug off from her phone*  BBL!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Ciosa

Cold Heritage

If there is room I would also like to join. Would it be possible to play a character who is just a brick?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Josietta

Quote from: Ciosa on January 12, 2013, 08:42:06 PM
Still room if I'm expressing interest?

Quote from: Cold Heritage on January 12, 2013, 08:46:31 PM
If there is room I would also like to join. Would it be possible to play a character who is just a brick?

Yes there is still room for more. 

And yes Cold, you can of course play a brick. :)  Just follow the guidelines for character creation (one major and one minor power) and you're golden.
You may want to take a look at Eddie "Freight Train" Kaut for reference. He is a jock NPC that Lunar plays when needed.

I don't see the character thread linked (I'll have Lunar post it at the top of the page).  This is a reboot game that we decided to just start over from the beginning with. The old character sheet thread will likely be revamped and used again: Nebula High Character Sheets (PCs and NPCs)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

kingmaster1

I decided on void for a super hero name and updated my character, just felt I would share that :-)

Josietta

The list of PCs and NPCs that I have from before the REBOOT that I know will be returning are put below here, just for those who are interested in knowing. The newly approved below that and those interested following from there.

Keep in mind every player is allowed a maximum of 2 PCs once established as a player. NPCs are strictly for support of PCs and for plot devices/PC development.  GM played NPCs are typically Staff or Antagonists. Players can only have up to 3 supporting NPCs Maximum.

STAFF:
((there are other mundane classes that are taught by random background NPCs as well, those listed here are just main NPC/PC Professors If anyone is interested in playing a Professor or Staff member please PM LunarSage and Josietta))

Principal Neutron (NPC'd By Lunar)   Gravity Manip/Control
The Wolf (Hand to Hand Professor) (NPC'd by Lunar)   Regen/Heightened Senses
Nurse Brentwood (NPC'd by Josi)   Healing Touch/Claws
Captain Indestructible (Gym/Football) (NPC'd by Lunar) Super Strength/Invulnerability
Ms Ellie "The Switch" Cooper (Counselor)  (Cadavar)   Magic - Transformation/Mothers Stare
Major Jocelyn "Starlight" Biltmore (Vice Principal) (NPC'd by Josi) Light Manipulation/Control
Tayla (Super Science/Mathematics Professor) (NPC'd by both Lunar and Josi) Gadgets/Genius

PCs:

Karter "Tryx" Dean (Kokaine) Photographic Muscle Memory/Enhanced Phys Condition
Lara "Tempest" Avery (CurvyKitten)  Weather Control/Flight
Alexi "Titan" Reynolds  (Unconfirmed Return) (Rayve13)  Growth/Shrinking
Molly Barker (Senti)  Forgettable/Walks through Shadows
Robert "Ultimate" Strauss (LunarSage)  Combat Avatar (Magic based)
Kasume Richardson (Josietta)  Phasing/Density Control
Brandon "Wingfoot" StClaire (Praxis)  Triples
Samuel "Terminal Velocity" Bachner (LunarSage) Super Speed/Energy Sheath
Alice "Violet" Liddell (CurvyKitten) Invisibility/Force Fields
Lori Anderson  (TedRP) Invisibility/DNA Replication
Theodore "Evo" Kane (Kokaine) Reactive Adaptation/Accelerated Regen

NPCS/Antagonists:

Beth "MissFire" Adams (NPC'd by Josi - (A Queen Bee of Nebula High/Cheerleader/Antagonist)) Fire Manipulation/Invul to Fire
Braelyn "Flash Freeze" Tyler (The Queen Bee of Nebula High/Cheerleading Captain/Antagonist) Ice Generation
Greg "Stretch" Larson (Football Captain/Antagonist)   Elasticity-Stretching
Mark "Frequency" Ashemore (Football Jock/Antagonist)  Vibrational/Seismic Power
Eddie "Freight Train" Kaut (Football Jock/Antagonist) Super Strength/Super Endurance

NEWLY APPROVED:

Chester "SlipScreen" Meeks (NPC'd by Kokaine)Teleportation/Enhanced Physical Condition
Araceli "Torrent" Santos (NPC's by Kokaine)  Cyberpathy/Cybernetic Memory

Jet "Void" Lafayette (PC - kingmaster)   Matter Absorption
Michael "The Watcher" Axe (PC - artemis)   Metal Manipulation/Photographic Memory
Sophie Ann Reed "Sliver Fox " (PC - chasseybaby)  Dream Perception/Psychic Energy Manipulation
Tommy "Callout" Nakamura (PC - Jefapeto)   Logogenesis/Divine Toughness
Nate "Skywalker" Makenzie (PC - azzmeister)  Wind(Air) Manipulation
Brittany " Mystrix" Mycroft(PC - AndyZ)  Magic - Energy Manipulation/Shapeshifting (Minor)
Connor "Planck" Marks (PC - Ciosa) Super Intelligence/Math Prodigy
Tess L. Coils "Megawatt" (PC - Shadowfox89) Electricity Manipulation/Intelligence Amplification  
Megan "Deftone" Adagio (PC - Aribeth) Sound Manipulation/Hearing and Equilibrium Protection

AWAITING APPROVAL:

Jean Paul "Delta-V"  Harrison (PC- ebpohmr)Telekenisis/Levitation

INTEREST EXPRESSED/SHEET PENDING:

urbanzorro

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

ShadowFox89

NAME: Tess L. Coils

NOM DE GUERRE: Megawatt

PLAYER: Shadowfox89

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Bi-curious.

POSITION/GRADE: Student

ORIGIN: Tess's powers are inherited, mostly from her father's side but also from her mother.

RESIDENCE: Chicago, Illinois.

PARENTS AND RELATIVES OF NOTE: Nikolai "Thunderstruck" Coils (father, hero), Alana "Gearshift" Coils (mother, hero), Zakhary "Teravolt" Coils (paternal grandfather, semi-retired supervillain)

POWERS:
Major- Electrical generation. Tess can generate and manipulate an electrical field somewhere around the 1,600 volt range for extended periods of time, though she can put out ten times that for single strikes. She has to take sponge baths, however, as immersion in water will short her out for a brief period. This has some utility too, such as allowing Tess to arc weld with her fingertips, power electrical devices.

Minor- Hyper intellect. Tess can make herself smarter and think faster than any normal human. However, this requires her to "juice up" by an outside source of electricity. This also gives her invulnerability to electrical based attacks, as any such would simply hypercharge her mind. The downside to this is that overclocking her mind gives her a high, making her much more cheerful and outgoing than normal, and prone to taking actions that she normally might not.

The Appearance

EYE COLOR: Blue-green with specks of yellow occasionally arcing through, as if lightning.

HAIR COLOR: shoulder length wavy red

HEIGHT: 5'1

WEIGHT: 100lbs

BODY TYPE: Small/thin

APPEARANCE: Tess is short and thin with a small chest. She usually wears a pair of khaki slacks and a white shirt. She carries a backpack around wherever she goes, filled with tools and a battery that she uses to charge herself up when need be.

Beyond the Image

LIKES: Computers, books, keeping her mind occupied, mints, trying new things

DISLIKES: Physical confrontation, water (shorts her out), arrogant people

TALENTS: Tess is very good with her hands, having an interest in mechanics. She dreams of one day building her own armor suit, powered by her own electricity, but knows she currently lacks the aptitude or finances for such a thing.

CHARACTER TRAITS: Tess is nerdy and shy, she would rather be working on a machine than partying with friends.

PERSONALITY: See character traits

History

The only daughter of her family, Tess always enjoyed having just enough attention. While her parents were always busy with their jobs, they never passed up the chance to encourage and push her forward. Of course, she was never told what exactly they did. Tess even had posters of both her parents hung on her bedroom wall for several years, going as far as having a crush at one point on her father's alter-ego (a fact which a very red faced Tess will vehemently deny).

For years, it seemed that Tess would never 'mature' into having powers as her parents had. She had not so much as shown an aptitude for electrical manipulation as her father was capable of, nor did she have the technical prowess or ingenuity of her mother. Of course, that changed recently when, during her sixteenth birthday, when her grandfather zapped her with enough electricity to kill a normal person. Of course, this supercharge had some side effects, none of which Tess remembered the next day.

Tess was promptly given an explanation on who exactly her parents were, who her grandfather really was, and what the hell just happened. Then her parents enrolled her in Nebula High and told her that she needed to learn how to control her powers, for her safety and the safety of everyone around her. And some mention about not nearly shocking to death anyone she kisses again.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Josietta

I will put you on our list and look forward to seeing more of your character! :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

azzmeister89

Josietta

Quote from: azzmeister89 on January 13, 2013, 03:26:38 AM
Ok edited my hero name seeing as Tempest was taken

Thank you darling! :)  I got it all edited on the list! 

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

ShadowFox89

Edited, I believe that's everything beyond a pic (which I can never find one). Tess has two big weaknesses; water which shorts her out and being too charged up with electricity, which causes her to act very oddly and have no memory of the events.
Call me Shadow
My A/A