News:

Main Menu

E3 2015

Started by Sasquatch421, June 15, 2015, 10:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

This is for everything related to E3 for this year... I know everyone has their favs, but no hating ok? Though we're all better than that...

I watched the Microsoft press conference this morning and was impressed by their games. Two new reveals was ReCore by Megaman creator  Keiji Inafune and the makers of Metroid Prime. Then you have the new Rare IP Sea of Thieves a pirate themed MMO...

Some of things we knew were coming were footage of Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears of War 4, Gears of War Collection, more footage from Fallout 4 (comes with at least Fallout 3 internet got wonky..), Fable Legends, the new Forza (even had one of the new Ford GT's drop from the ceiling!), trailer for Dark Souls 3, Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, Tom Clancy's The Division and Rainbow Six Siege (Rainbow 6 comes with the first two games).

Oh and while I remember it... Any mods created for Fallout 4 on the PC can be transferred, played and shared on the Xbox One. Hardware wise? Xbox One is getting backwards compatibility, they showed off the Hololens with Minecraft which the hololens user was able to pull up the entire world the other user was playing in off a table. Microsoft also announced a team up with Valve VR...

Other things I've heard so far:

FF7 is getting a remake for the PS4

Shemue 3 is on Kickstarter looking for 2 mill!

Kuje

I'm still loving Halolens even back when they first showed it a few months ago at the Microsoft conference. I love what they are doing with that and it's so wicked!

I'm also looking forward to the new UI for the One, which will add in Cortana and streamline the dashboard. No more tiles! WOO! That will be coming out later this year as well.

As for games, many of them were ones I was waiting for already but seeing more of Fallout 4 was nice. Last night Bethesda had their conference and went over some new stuff like you can tear apart the buildings in Fallout 4 and use the parts to build your own towns and that will bring others to your towns so they can set up shops, farms, etc. It's not for everyone, sure, but it's still a nice thing to include in case you just don't always want to go off and follow the quests. Oh, and the dog is actually useful.

I also saw some nice games coming out for their ID program that interested me. Sure, they're not top studio games but eh, they still were some I thought would be fun to play. Mostly I was looking at Tacoma or Blind Eyes but there's a few others that were in there that I already knew about like Sword Coast Legends (A new Dungeons and Dragons game) since that was announced awhile ago for the PC but just recently for the consoles.

Looking over the sites for Sony's conference, I didn't see anything that would change my mind about getting a ps4.

Recore looked kind of interesting, I will admit that. Taking that energy sphere and putting it into a larger machine that went off to kick butt looked pretty fun.

Inkidu

I don't think Final Fantasy VII is getting a remake. That one has been floating around every E3 and console release by Sony since the PS2. The lead designer basically said the only way they'd do it is if they could get the band back together, and the band is currently scattered to the four winds. Heck said lead designer has his own studio now... Mistwalker I think is what it's called.

I however saw the first hinting look at actually gameplay from XCOM 2, and I neardgasmed. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sasquatch421

The gameplay for Cuphead had me giggling like a school girl... I'm a sucker for the old school Steamboat Willie style!

Inkidu: The FF7 remake was just announced tonight. I love Mistwalker as well as they did Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon on the 360...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-announced-by-sony-at-e3-201/1100-6428174/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage

Sabby

Just a heads up for those who were mainly there for the Bethesda Conference, some Fallout 4 footage was shown off in the Microsoft Conference as well. It's similar to what was already shown, but it's still worth a look.

Mathim

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on June 15, 2015, 10:01:13 PM
This is for everything related to E3 for this year... I know everyone has their favs, but no hating ok? Though we're all better than that...

I watched the Microsoft press conference this morning and was impressed by their games. Two new reveals was ReCore by Megaman creator  Keiji Inafune and the makers of Metroid Prime. Then you have the new Rare IP Sea of Thieves a pirate themed MMO...

Some of things we knew were coming were footage of Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears of War 4, Gears of War Collection, more footage from Fallout 4 (comes with at least Fallout 3 internet got wonky..), Fable Legends, the new Forza (even had one of the new Ford GT's drop from the ceiling!), trailer for Dark Souls 3, Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, Tom Clancy's The Division and Rainbow Six Siege (Rainbow 6 comes with the first two games).

Oh and while I remember it... Any mods created for Fallout 4 on the PC can be transferred, played and shared on the Xbox One. Hardware wise? Xbox One is getting backwards compatibility, they showed off the Hololens with Minecraft which the hololens user was able to pull up the entire world the other user was playing in off a table. Microsoft also announced a team up with Valve VR...

Other things I've heard so far:

FF7 is getting a remake for the PS4

Shemue 3 is on Kickstarter looking for 2 mill!

*Angelic choir music starts playing in the background* FINALLY! Take that, Honest Trailers! They ARE making an HD remake!

Fallout 4 is also great news but I will probably have to buy a PS4 for that, won't I? Dammit...I just got a PS3 less than a year ago and don't want to have to upgrade for a while yet. Well, maybe with my lawsuit settlement I can afford one.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Sabby on June 15, 2015, 10:58:21 PM
Just a heads up for those who were mainly there for the Bethesda Conference, some Fallout 4 footage was shown off in the Microsoft Conference as well. It's similar to what was already shown, but it's still worth a look.

That and those custom toys that Bethesda gave away? Most are up on Ebay already going for over 300 a pop..

Evolution

I don't really game that much anymore but I grew up on games so I still watch the conferences every year.  I thought it was pretty cool how they confirmed that The Last Guardian is coming.  I was never too excited about the games since I never played the games before it, though I heard they were good.  I just think the announcement and footage were great because SO many people have been waiting for the game.  Personally what excited me the most was the ff7 remake.  A lot of people think the game is overrated but for me it was a great gaming experience, maybe it was just that it came at the right age for me... I think I was around... 14 or 15 when I played it?  Oh and one thing I wanted to clarify is that the FF7 remake is NOT a ps4 exclusive.  In the conference they said ps4 users will be the FIRST to play it.  Which basically confirms that its either 1. coming to PC as well, and/or its coming to the Xbox One. 

Since I'm an adult I don't really care about console wars, but at the same time I think its great that the remake is going to be multi plat, for no other reason than its a great game and I'm glad that a wider audience will be able to enjoy the game.

BCdan

This one looks cool. Don't see much post-post apocalypse. Some great world building going on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE

~I enjoy random PM's~

Mikem

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Evolution

BCdan, I've never wanted to steal anyone's avatar more than yours.  It. Is. Perfect. lol.  I was also impressed with the Horizon trailer.  Usually with something like that it is just CGI but it was great to get that intro that builds up this story, then you see the gameplay which looked fun and very atmospheric, cinematic even. 

Mikem, I believe currently it is only backwards compatible with select titles.  Microsoft said that they still need to get permission from the developers of each title before they could make it backwards compatible, but honestly I don't see that being much of an issue.  Backwards compatibility is definitely a step in the right direction.  I still don't like the idea of them moving Kinect from their consoles.  The idea wasn't perfect but it still had possibilities.

Ryven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVaWl1GtDHU

I had to contain myself while watching this because I nearly tried to lick the screen while this was going on.  I cannot wait for this!

Mathim

Quote from: Ryven on June 16, 2015, 06:31:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVaWl1GtDHU

I had to contain myself while watching this because I nearly tried to lick the screen while this was going on.  I cannot wait for this!

I only watched about a minute of it but it didn't seem that different from most standard FPS's with the exception of those interesting finishing blows being dealt. It was like they mixed in Mortal Kombat fatalities into it.

And I watched the FF7 HD trailer and it kind of made me think it's going more in the direction of a sequel than an actual remake. This is uncomfortable. I really wanted the game with updated graphics, all the little glitches and annoyances fixed, and maybe a little extra content like new dungeons and such. I pray I'm wrong but I'm a bit worried.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Far eyes

Is it just me or is the Mass Effect 4 trailer really weird and kind of dos not fit together, and i actually like that song

What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Lustful Bride

Im geeking out over ghost Recon! Finally! Ive been itching for this kind of game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdJub3Kz2wI

Quote from: Mikem on June 16, 2015, 01:55:12 AM
THE XBOX ONE IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE!!!!

:'(

FINALLY!! God!

Ive wanted an Xbox One for a while but I have so many 360 games that I don't want to throw away.

*Drops to the floor from geeking out too hard!*  XD

Formless

Quote from: Inkidu on June 15, 2015, 10:28:40 PM
I don't think Final Fantasy VII is getting a remake. That one has been floating around every E3 and console release by Sony since the PS2. The lead designer basically said the only way they'd do it is if they could get the band back together, and the band is currently scattered to the four winds. Heck said lead designer has his own studio now... Mistwalker I think is what it's called.

It was an official announcement this time , which makes it different from every previous incident.

However , while I'm happy to hear such news. I am still skeptic about it happening. Hopefully I'm wrong , because I'll play the crap out of that game if its remade no matter what alteration they make for it. ( As long as they do not write off KOR )

Inkidu

So they went with ME 4 huh? Is Shepard back? ::)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Inkidu on June 16, 2015, 09:09:14 AM
So they went with ME 4 huh? Is Shepard back? ::)

No, it follows some kind of Expeditionary force exploring the Andromeda Galaxy. A brand new frontier so none of them will know about the reapers.

Inkidu

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 16, 2015, 09:11:24 AM
No, it follows some kind of Expeditionary force exploring the Andromeda Galaxy. A brand new frontier so none of them will know about the reapers.
I was being sarcastic about the unoriginal name. I'd have probably used some kind of subtitle to separate it from the original trilogy. I'll probably still pay it, but the end of the original three games were fairly climactic (if unsatisfying for most) so... finding plot soil strikes me as rather difficult.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Inkidu on June 16, 2015, 09:26:49 AM
I was being sarcastic about the unoriginal name. I'd have probably used some kind of subtitle to separate it from the original trilogy. I'll probably still pay it, but the end of the original three games were fairly climactic (if unsatisfying for most) so... finding plot soil strikes me as rather difficult.

Yeah it was majorly disappointing for me. Since my headcannon for the Reapers were that they were an invading force from the Andromeda galaxy, sent to ensure that no new races would ever rise up and challenge their creators.

Imagine if that had been the actual storyline.  XD It would all connect so much better. But anyway il still probably get it....for the Turians. >3>

Anyone know if there have been any new RTS games announced? I thought at least one came out every year.

Far eyes

I am willing to ignore the crap out of ME3 and just move on. Maybe this time we can play other races to, that would be fun.
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

CuriousEyes

Quote from: Mathim on June 16, 2015, 08:32:34 AM
And I watched the FF7 HD trailer and it kind of made me think it's going more in the direction of a sequel than an actual remake. This is uncomfortable. I really wanted the game with updated graphics, all the little glitches and annoyances fixed, and maybe a little extra content like new dungeons and such. I pray I'm wrong but I'm a bit worried.

I'm torn on the FF7 remake. I imagine that the primary story will be largely a port - hopefully with some tweaks to improve on the fact that its plotting was often pretty weak - but beyond that? I really loved the way FF7 played as a game in terms of combat systems, most of the minigames, etc. But Square, and game development in general, has come a long way from those days/mechanics. Not necessarily for the better.

I'm really afraid they might try to tweak it to modern systems. Some of the minigames becoming more nuanced might not be bad (snowboarding with more tricks possible, or maybe multiple courses?) - but I loathed the FFXIII combat system, and would really be offended if it was part of the FFVII system for example. Especially considering the ripple effect that would have on Limit Breaks, Materia, etc. etc.

I also wonder if they're going to be able to keep the "open world" style for traveling from one location to another - Square actually trotted that out as a reason the game couldn't be remade previously. Adapting the mechanics to be more about exploring towns and dungeons and then having to always load-screen out to the next location (more similar to FFX) might not be the end of the world, but would really feel like a lot being taken away from the game. Especially because it would have a ripple effect on how a few side quests played out - Yuffie, the legendary weapons, etc.

So yeah. I want the game. I'm excited for the game. I will probably buy a PS4 largely because of the game. I'm just scared. Hopefully needlessly - even if they do change some things... would I really want to play a shot-for-shot remake of FFVII with shinier graphics? I think I want a slightly new experience.

Time will tell!

Also the Mass Effect trailer might as well have not existed - it tells you nothing about anything, so far as I can tell. And yeah, the song was really out of place, which can work well sometimes but didn't here.

EDIT: THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION OF FALLOUT 4 COMES WITH A WORKING PIP-BOY! - http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/14/8780111/fallout-4-pip-boy-edition-e3-2015

Revelation

I might be the only one excited for it, but Nier is getting a sequel by platinum games.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm super fucking excited. The drakengard and Nier series are a series very close to my heart, and I'm utterly stunned that Nier is getting a sequel. The story was utterly amazing and well made, and the music. is. utterly. stunning! The game was a flop, partially due to lame combat, but even then it's probably in my top 10 games of all time due to the amazing music and story/theme of the game. The fact it's not just getting a sequel, but one that apparently focuses on Kaine (One of the more interesting characters of the game) with gameplay done by Platinum (who makes amazingly fun games) has almost restored my faith in square enix. This might push me into getting a PS4.

Sabby

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 16, 2015, 04:35:45 PM
I might be the only one excited for it, but Nier is getting a sequel by platinum games.

Oh wow. I missed that. I kind of liked Nier, even though it's story was hot sweltering garbage, but it's just perfect for Platinum.

Revelation

Quote from: Sabby on June 16, 2015, 04:41:21 PM
Oh wow. I missed that. I kind of liked Nier, even though it's story was hot sweltering garbage, but it's just perfect for Platinum.

I will vehemently disagree with you over this to the very bitter end. Politely so of course. But extraordinarily vehemently.