Fandomverse : Star Trek (TNG era) Looking for fellow crewmembers!

Started by arkhos, September 13, 2014, 02:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkhos

Greetings all! Just tossing this ad up in order to possibly recruit a few people to join our small group of Trekkies aboard the Enterprise-D, details listed below.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM anytime!

What is Fandomverse? What happens to movies or TV shows characters after their moment on the silver screen is over? They return to the world of Fandomverse, where they are able to live a normal life, after having their moments in the movies. Characters don't die, even if they do on screen. They are simply returned to Fandomverse. It is a generally peaceful world, though some zones are continually at war, whether it is  it is against zombies, other soldiers or against xenomorphs in space.

In this case, we are specifically looking for folks to participate in our Trek setting.

Currently, our crew consists of:

Engineer
Counselor/Botanist
Captain

We are currently using NPCs for all other ship's position, including First Officer, Chief of Security, Chief Medical Officer, Helmsman, Science Officer, and so on. If you would like to tackle one of those roles - or a 'non traditional role', feel free to inquire within! If your character is approved and there has been an NPC in your position, we will work out the story-explanation to bring you in and shift them out, no problem.

We do have a wiki for the setting, which can be found at:  https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Fandomverse

Here is a link to the ooc of the group as a whole:              https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=182511.0

And a link to the Enterprise-specific plotting and ooc:        https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=212382.0

The setting is primarily sandbox, which is to say it is up to you, the players, to come up with plot ideas and work with other players to create and weave stories. However, the are occasional GM events that are entirely optional, called 'Episodes', that are an organized group effort. In these Episodes, players are expected to post regularly (at least twice a week, typically less than three days wait-time). Folks who abuse this are dropped from the Episode and it continues on without them. Players who post slower are of course welcome to continue posting with others in non-Episode threads.

Canon characters are allowed, but original characters are permitted and encouraged. However, if you choose a canon character and there is already another character in the position your canon character normally occupies, you will have to choose another character, or accept your character in another position. We reserve the right to pick the best candidate for a position, in the event that we receive multiple applications for the same position.

We accept any species that has appeared in a Star Trek TV series or movie (as long as it makes sense). I.E. a 'reformed' Cardassian would be acceptable, however a Borg character still fully assimilated with the collective would not.

The tech-level present is TNG era or slightly higher. The Enterprise is equipped, of course, with state-of-the-art equipment.

A word of note for 'purists': none of the current players are 'experts'. None of us have a dictionary-like knowledge of the setting. As such we aren't going to be 'Trek snobs' about the game - and we don't expect other players to be, either.

As for 'drama' - it is tolerated very little in our settings. Folks causing excessive drama will be spoken to by the GM staff. If it continues, we'll discuss dismissal of the drama-instigator.

We do use character sheets, which can be seen on the first page in this thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=182511.2000
You will need to complete one of these with your character information in order to be considered for a spot.

Please feel free to post questions here or via PM.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at any time! Thanks for looking!
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Cynadea

Yup. Basically, everything that has existed in Star Trek (any and all series) is also in Fandomverse's space

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

AndyZ

I guess my big concern is that if the Enterprise goes into the Buffyverse or some other show that I never watched, I'd end up with a lot of spoilers for that other show.  Is there a lot of interaction that goes on between them?

I could try to rebuild another character as something other than an engineer, but that's my concern.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Cynadea

None planned for the Enterprise, no, unless the crew gets to go on the ground and that's not in the plans. Technically, even then you wouldn't have much in term of spoilers for other shows.

AndyZ

Yeah, nothing in any of the TV shows or movies would be a surprise or anything for Star Trek.  I'll toss you my idea.

AndyZ

Player name: AndyZ
Character name: Lieutenant Ashley
Fandom: Star Trek

Description: 5'9", with a slender build.  Black hair remains perpetually at the edge of acceptable Federation length, and soft gray eyes keep a close eye over her surroundings.

Personality:   Ashley spends most of her time as generally amiable, not fully adjusted but capable of having friendly conversations and making friends.  In a crisis situation, however, all that ends and she becomes exceptionally focused on the task of security.  She holds a strong regard for the value of life but isn't afraid to defend people as a result.

History: Security crew members on a Federation starship are exceptionally high.  Although it's not as bad as the days of Kirk when every mission seemed to have the death of someone in a red shirt, the loss of life is a horrible, something to be avoided at all cost.

To that end, efforts were made for the Autonomous Security Hologram, or ASH.  Similar to the EMH, this hologram would be able to handle the duties of a security officer but be easily replaceable in the event of some form of destruction.

Of course, the duties of a security officer can often be vast and varied.  Various subroutines and possibilities were written into her code, and over time, she grew beyond her original programming to something akin to sentience.  She still has difficulty with the full range of human emotions, but she seems to make a little more progress every day.  She expanded the designation of ASH to Ashley as her actual name, and has worked her way up the ranks to Lieutenant so far.

O&O: Ashley is a special case and I'm not honestly sure how sexual she'll get.  The player's O/Os can be found at https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102977.0 but Ashley will likely need a while before reaching that point.

Other Notes: Her combadge doubles as a mobile emitter, keeping her connected to the ship's computer even in areas without holoemitters.  She's capable of materializing her own phaser but it can't exceed the Stun setting without an override from a senior officer.  Naturally, she's capable of using other phasers without issue, and unless she's recently been activated, she'll have one on her.

Her physical abilities such as strength and speed exceed the average human but not to any significant degree.  Although her holographic body cannot be easily damaged by conventional means, she's open to any number of other issues as a result, such as deactivation when her emitters are damaged and signal noise when unable to get out a proper signal to the Enterprise.

RubySlippers

Player Name: Rubyslippers
Character Name: Dr. Ajaaza Phlox
Fandom: Startrek

Description: A Denobulan woman of the Phlox family group she is 5'8" tall, weights 145# and is fit. Not being a Starfleet uniformed person she doesn't dress in standard clothing or meet regulations.

History: Born into the well regarded Phlox Family line she attended university majoring in Holistic and Natural Medicine, then went on for her advanced degree in Medicine proper attaining her medical degree and Federation medical license at 25. She entered the Starfleet Civilian Services after four years with Doctors Without Borders a well regarded group where she helped at various locations aiding the sick with an excellent record to date.

She married into a marriage group when she was 21 and was a homosexual so found female members so inclined to share her bed it wan't very hard the females of her species tended to be more aggressive but she did select a husband to father her son ,Phineo, who is living on a Free Thought Colony with her husband that fathered the boy. She feel it was necessary for now and he is in good hands.

Arriving on the ship she is attached to the medical section as a complimentary medical practitioner she is a standard doctor who specializes in holistic and natural medicine, not a surgeon (she can do common procedures naturally).

O/O: ONS: Lesbian Sex, she is married but like most of the females of her species has an openness of sexuality.

Other Notes: Refers to crew by their first names unless told to do otherwise.

Cynadea

Guys, you're supposed to send the Apps to Arkhos and me, not post them here ;)

Edit: I brought these to Arkhos' attention, no need to PM them.

RubySlippers

Oops. just excuse this as a case of being an Eager Beaver.  ;D

I tried to select a useful civilian the Enterprise-D had many, some staff had to be there to make House Calls and do everyday medicine.

Cynadea

Your girl and mine will most likely become friends and talk plants... The Counselor is also in charge of the ship's Arboretum ;)

AndyZ

Quote from: Aysande on September 19, 2014, 10:57:48 PM
Guys, you're supposed to send the Apps to Arkhos and me, not post them here ;)

Edit: I brought these to Arkhos' attention, no need to PM them.

Oops!  Sorry.

Cynadea

Andy, your character has been added.

Ruby, I'll be sending you a quick PM with a question and a formatted picture for your game header :)

Cynadea