Restoring balance (D&D 3.5)

Started by ulthakptah, April 29, 2012, 02:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

I recently saw the Conan movies so I'm a bit charged up on the concept of it :3

Zaer Darkwail

Hehe, make then barbarian :). But as question; would you use PHB II variant or rage per day variant?

Snake

I'd have to reread the information on it. I have the books on my comp at home so I dont' have them with me at the moment and I like to relax while I work on oit but I am taking suggestiosn and advice and all here.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, shortly said PHB II version of barbarian can enter rage unlimited times per day. But catch is that you need suffer dmg below a certain HP cap before you can enter to rage (and keep raging until your healed or combat is over). The rage provided by this variant is bit stronger; DR x/- and x save bonus to all saves. But you loose Con bonus to stats but keep strenght one.

Snake

Frenzy basically? I was going to use a variant from Unearthed Arcana like totem animal type.

Zaer Darkwail

Yep, frenzy but it needs you getting hit and get low on HP so some may not like it. I myself would double the cap as the cap hits only most at 50% or less HP. With double it would happen at under 80% HP at least. Anyways nothing stops you taking totems and the PHB II variant ;).

Snake

Indeed. I'd use  PrC but that isnt' possible til lvl 6 (since 5 is the minimum base lvl for most of them.)

Zaer Darkwail

Then be frenzy berserker now then ;). Anyways folks any votes which of the four variants I will roll up for this game?

RabbitJanitor

Yea I'm still here. I'll be playing a more Non-Combat Sorcerer though, So two might be useful.

Snake

RabbitJanitor

Yea, I'm thinking of rocking a changeling. I might have one or two combat spells, like burning hands or something.

Snake

Huh well use the spell compendium that way you have more to pick from.

RabbitJanitor

Latooni Subota

Where-as I'll have the blasty-quotient down pat XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Zaer Darkwail

So, kind like this (a catgirl warlock but did not find 'girl' pic)?

Snake

wonder if one can play an awakened animal in a char class seeing that pic.

Zaer Darkwail

In a theory; yes. As awakened animal does not add any LA and your only issue would be anima HD which you cannot get rid of. So if your 1 HD cat then your awakened and could take 5 levels as warlock.

Snake

SeriousMoonlight

Quote from: ulthakptah on May 03, 2012, 09:48:51 AM
You should use mythweavers or plothooks for your sheet. If not you will just have to keep uploading it every time you make a change to it.

Oh gosh, thank you so much. Going to put all my info on a Myth-Weavers sheet and then repost it. Thanks, I completely forgot about that website!

EDIT: Also, in my sleepy stupor last night, I put completely basic items on a level 5 character. I'm also wondering what the ever-loving fuck I was doing with my skills and spells. Going to give the poor thing a bit of an upgrade/revamp to make her a bit more cleric-y. What are we allowed for starting gold for this campaign, by the way?
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

Snake

I have one that's a barb/hexblade/...bard. for laughs.

ulthakptah

Standard wealth for 5th level is 9k

RabbitJanitor

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=395762
Here's my character so far. If you need i can do a wright up, but for appearance and such that's more a post by post basis for a changeling. I've got a background but that's for the DM.

ulthakptah

So that's what? 2 sheets done now?

Latooni Subota

So much busy! Between AVENGERS, housework, and my new job I've been having some issues sitting down and writing out character fluff. If you're planning on starting soon, I'll back out, so you don't have to wait on me.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Latooni Subota on May 07, 2012, 12:22:21 AM
So much busy! Between AVENGERS, housework, and my new job I've been having some issues sitting down and writing out character fluff. If you're planning on starting soon, I'll back out, so you don't have to wait on me.
Don't worry about it, take your time.