Peaky Blinders Recruitment Thread

Started by WhatLiesAbove, July 21, 2018, 02:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatLiesAbove

Peaky Blinders

The 1920’s in Great Britain was a time of change. Boys had gone off to war, the Great War, and had come back different. Some had lost body parts, some had come back physically intact...but mentally broken. Others never came back at all. There was not a single family in all the Kingdom who had not been affected in some way by the war started by the Kaiser.

Down in the city of Birmingham lays the formerly quiet neighborhood of Small Heath. This is home of the Birmingham Small Arms Company, where men have come to work after being discharged from their military service. The BSA has no union, though workers often gather to gripe about the often dangerous and horrendous working conditions.

Not all of the denizens of Small Heath work at the BSA, though. One family has taken over Small Heath, and have made their presence known. A family of brothers, the Shelbys. They run the gang of ruthless ruffians known as the Peaky Blinders.

How did this gang get their name? Inside their caps are razors, rarely seen but harshly felt. Their enemies know it well, for they often find themselves victims of being blinded by these razors. Hence….Peaky Blinders.

These men are not to be trifled with. With holdings in races, gambling, prostitution, and alcohol...along with a firm network of smuggling...the Shelby brothers...Thomas, Aurthur, and John...along with their aunt Polly..do whatever needs to be done to ensure that their hold on Small Heath is not jeopardized. It is unfortunate that this is a constant struggle...made more difficult with Special Investigators sent from London. Now their police contacts are jeopardized, and with that, their criminal empire on shaky ground.

So where do you stand in this lovely little story? Are you a Peaky Blinder? A normal citizen, caught between the law and the criminal empire? Or are you a member of the police...on the take or loyal to death to the crown? Your choices will held determine the fate of Small Heath, Birmingham….and of course, the Peaky Blinders.

RULES

1)This is a sandbox game. A few missions now and then will be brought up for players to participate in, but you set your own participation for the most part.

2)Common courtesy rules. No name calling will be allowed. I am tolerant of all people, and all characters will be duly considered.

3)This is the 1920’s. As such, it is rare that people will have cars. However, guns are allowed….pistols, rifles, shotguns. Nothing military grade. Automatic weapons are only now gaining notoriety, and have yet to be available to the public.

4)This game is going to be in the extreme section. As such, expect heavy violence along with sexytime. This is a plot-heavy game.
5)Members of the Shelby Family will be considered for characters. The only one that won't will be Thomas. All others will be considered with heavy prejudice.

[Floatright][img height=250]PLACE IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float]

[b]Player Name:[/b]

[b]Character Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Sexual Orientation & Status:[/b] [i]Straight - Bi - Gay / Virgin - Non-Virgin / Single - Taken - Poly[/i]

[b]Job:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] 

[spoiler=Further Pictures]PLACE FURTHER IMAGES HERE[/Spoiler]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Alignment:[/b]

[b]Weapons:[/b][list type=decimal]
[li]Weapon 1 - Explanation[/li]
[li]Weapon 2 - Explanation[/li][/list]

[b]Skills:[/b][list type=decimal]
[li]Skill 1 - Explanation[/li]
[li]Skill 2 - Explanation[/li]
[li]Skill 3 - Explanation[/li][/list]

[b]Flaws:[/b][list type=decimal]
[li]Flaw 1 - Explanation[/li]
[li]Flaw 2 - Explanation[/li][/list]

[b]Character Relationships:[/b][list]
[li][Url=HYPERLINK TO THEIR CHARACTER SHEET]NAME OF CHARACTER[/url] - Explanation of Association[/li][/list]

[b]Associated NPC's:[/b][list]
[li]Name of NPC - Description of NPC[/li][/list]

[b]Character Ons:[/b]

[b]Character Offs:[/b]

[b]Player O/Os:[/b]

[b]Other Characters:[/b][list]
[li][url=HYPERLINK TO CHARACTER SHEET]CHARACTER NAME[/url][/list]

[b]Current Scenes:[/b][list]
[li][url=http://URL TO FIRST POST IN THE SCENE]Location - Time - Day / Other Characters / Brief Description of the Scene[/url][/list]

[b]Planned Scenes:[/b][list]
[li][url=http://URL TO FIRST POST IN THE SCENE]Location - Time - Day / Other Characters / Brief Description of the Scene[/url][/list]

WhatLiesAbove

I should have put this in earlier....character sheets should be PM'd to me please!

RipTide

Do you have specific characters you want to fill for this?

Posting Rate = 1-2 posts/story/week

What Does a Siren Crave? === What Does a Siren Prefer?

WhatLiesAbove

Aside from the family (Aurthur, John, Polly), no. I will accept a limited amount of canon characters. However, I’m basing it roughly off of season 1, so we are going off-script after that.