News:

Main Menu

Let's Plays

Started by The Emperor Zelos, July 14, 2013, 11:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Emperor Zelos

I am curious, who here do enjoy watching let's plays? =)

Sara Nilsson

Ill admit I am addicted to Zisteau and ZombieCleo

Oniya

I've watched a few - the occasional horror game (that I could never get through myself) or some Minecraft survival maps (mostly for the commentary).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kunoichi

I've certainly watched my fair share of Let's Plays over the years. ^^ I even tried running a screenshot-based LP of my own here on Elliquiy once, though I wound up quitting it due to lack of readers.  It was for a rom hack of Pokemon White, and one where things were made more challenging than the standard version of the game.

I'm actually debating starting up another screenshot LP, as well. ^^; I'd be playing a different Pokemon game this time, though, and setting a little challenge for myself to make it more interesting.

Chris Brady

I WAS READING!  I wanted to know more!  You were a hilarious read, Kuni!

...I now has a sad...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Oniya

I missed seeing that one, Kuno - but I have been enjoying Neysha's rendition of Sarah Palin in Fallout: New Vegas.  (I didn't know that screen-shot based LPs counted.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Kunoichi

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 14, 2013, 08:19:33 PM
I WAS READING!  I wanted to know more!  You were a hilarious read, Kuni!

...I now has a sad...

Yes, and you were pretty much the only reader there at the end, from what I could tell. ^^; Though, I will admit that my own decision to catch all 649 Pokemon in the game certainly didn't help.  I was stuck at a point in the game where I was having to repeatedly grind for money, just so I could get enough Pokeballs to catch everything.  That wasn't very fun, and since most of the people that had shown interest in the LP at the start had vanished anyway, well...

It's a mistake I won't be making if I try to start up another LP, though. ^^ In fact, for the challenge I've got in mind, I'd only be catching perhaps seven Pokemon in the game, total.

Quote from: Oniya on July 14, 2013, 08:21:31 PM
I missed seeing that one, Kuno - but I have been enjoying Neysha's rendition of Sarah Palin in Fallout: New Vegas.  (I didn't know that screen-shot based LPs counted.)

I missed the Sarah Palin in Fallout LP, myself, so I think I'm going to be doing some reading, tonight.

Koren

I watch A LOT of lets plays

And a lot of lets players including:

Game Grumps.
Two best friends
Pyschadelicsnake - If you ever want a good laugh at someone freaking out at a horror game watch him
Vash12349 - Awesome lets player, perhaps one of my favorite, especially when he dies a lot and speeds it up and becomes chipmunk vash

And the odd minecraft stuff around as well.

Sel Nar

In regards to Let's Plays, I tend to go for the LParchive.org for completed Let's plays.

People that I preferentially follow for LPs include:

Psychedelic Eyeball (Races, Super meat Boy, impenetrable accents)

Geop (Assassin's Creed, AC2, Shadow of the Colossus, Dark Souls, and preparing to do AC: Brotherhood)

Vicas (Mario 64 with his feet, co-commentating/trolling Geop for Dark Souls, Yoshi's Island, 'Competent' Runs of Metroid Prime Trilogy when Slowbeef was bumblefucking his way through, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, and a few others)

Kuvo (Formerly lead of Tipping 40's, now solo/co-commentator)

Squint (Probably The Definitive Demon's Souls LP, several strategy games)

Dazzling Addar (Mostly co-commentating, 100% of Donkey Kong 64)

PoptartsNinja (An amazing Narrative Lp of Star Trek Online, the Snarkiest Light-side Sith warrior ever in the ongoing LP of SW:ToR, and an ongoing 'Let's rewrite battletech' LP where the clans invaded in 3032, instead of 3050)

Gravedust (Tabletop game designer; created 'Battlepods' as a concept for a tabletop game that became glorious as it's a fusion of playtesting and balance, LP shenanigans, and well-written (plus well-drawn) fluff and character profile assets.)

Skippy Granola (Bulletstorm, Rage, Several french adventure games such as Syberia, and ongoing Co-op shenanigans in Saint's Row 3; genuinely loves the games he plays, even if he roundly bashes the parts that would frustrate anyone. Also has the funniest co-commentators, such as PanzerSkank)

Chip and Ironicus. (Check their page, start at their oldest Lp, and go from there; these two guys are amazing and riff off of one another amazingly well)

Coolguye and TheLastRoboKy, aka Timewarriors. (One aussie, one yank, amazing friendship and a love of cool games)

Accounting Nightmare. (Another Aussie, She ~destroys~ all 3 PS2 Devil May Cry games, on their hardest (not-gimmick) difficulties. her DMC 4 LP is on hold due to her PS3 killing itself, plus RL obligations.)

Yoshesque. (Why do Australian players like twitch games? She ~mutilates~ Bayonetta, getting platinum medals on all parts.)

Bobbin Threadbare. (Quiet, Low-key, very informative; has done LP's of Loom, Acadamegia, All 3 Thief games, and a dual-LP of Alpha Protocol, one as a no-kill, one as a 'I am a murderous asshat', and is just wrapping up on Rogue Galaxy)

And, of course, a pile of other LPers that I can't remember the names of.

The Emperor Zelos

Oh my alot of people enjoy watching here :D Personally my taste is scattered, though I also prefer making them.

Spell

I was actually thinking of setting up a twitch channel making ''let's plays'' and only playing RPG's
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Boxy

I can't recall how long it's been since I've started watching them, but I think one of my first was HellfireComms.  They kind of got boring after a while and I moved onto others that seemed more active.  I guess because of this NintendoCaprisun is one of my favorites, other than just him being generally more humble and down to earth than a lot of others - people talk about PewDiePie being bad, but I don't understand why either Chuggacconroy or JoshJepson are popular either because they seem to be pretty full of themselves.  AlChestBreach seems to have a bit of nonsense in his videos but they are still funny, and there's a lot of neato pc games and mods he shows off that I can't experience myself considering mine is pretty bad. :P

Two best friends is pretty great.  Used to watch Game Grumps but Jon's left recently.  Have tried watching some with the new guy but he's just not really funny to me.  Retsupurae is awesome, though they're more about making fun of bad LPers. :P  I'd hope they wouldn't make fun of me but it's possible if I ever get to have more than a couple subscribers...that said I haven't been able to continue any of the LPs I have up at the moment unfortunately.  Anyway, through them I learned about Chipcheezum I think his name is and he's pretty good.

As far as not-so-favorites go, there's Lucahjin, AttackingTucans, Quadraxis14(though it seems he's been very busy for a long time now), MageCaptainGilshanks, probably a few others I'm forgetting.  My girlfriend started making her own recently and they've been fun to watch but I may be a bit biased. :P

Neysha

I had no idea the thing I was doing even had a name.

Outside of reviews and tge occassionsl speed run I don't think I've ever watched a LP.

No wait there was one I saw for Amnesia the Dark Desecent which was hilarious because the guy apparently disliked horror games greatly and played it with lights off and headphones on.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Oniya

I've heard rumors of that game.  Gotta wonder what the 'replacement clothing' bill was after that.

Neysha

Quote from: Oniya on July 15, 2013, 11:55:06 AM
I've heard rumors of that game.  Gotta wonder what the 'replacement clothing' bill was after that.

His character used more lamp oil then Saudi Arabia exports in a year.
My Request Thread
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Oniya

But the screaming - how bad was the screaming?  *giggles*  (That's always the best part when your 'Let's Play' narrator stumbles across an unexpected spider-spawner in Minecraft.)

King Serperior

I've seen quite a few Pokémon Let's Plays.......................................but I have been in the search for a Resident Evil Let's play.  Specifically Resident Evil 4.  Anyone know a good, reliable person who has one on youtube?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Sel Nar

Quote from: King Serperior on July 15, 2013, 05:15:17 PM
I've seen quite a few Pokémon Let's Plays.......................................but I have been in the search for a Resident Evil Let's play.  Specifically Resident Evil 4.  Anyone know a good, reliable person who has one on youtube?

Not on youtube, but TheDarkId did a rip-roaringly hilarious LP of RE4 (Followed by all the REs that preceded it, actually). Lunethex is just finishing a LP of RE6, which is so over-the-top ludicrous as to be amazing, and there's at least one Co-Op LP of RE5 in the Archive.

http://lparchive.org/Resident-Evil-4-%28Screenshot%29/ (TDI's LP; It's a bit old, but the man is made of snark and uses alternate character interpretation to make things even snarkier)

http://lparchive.org/Resident-Evil-5/ (RchimpCola and Sintrapod Co-op and shenanigan their way through half of Africa)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3532369 (Lunethex' almost-completed LP of RE6; he's just about to finish up with showcasing Mercenaries mode.)

SakamotoHD

I love Matt and Pat :D <3

Koren

Quote from: King Serperior on July 15, 2013, 05:15:17 PM

Vash12349 on youtube did one which was quite amusing. Check that out

Skynet

I'm a big fan of Chip Cheezum and General Ironicus.  I'm currently watching their Metal Gear Rising LP, and it's great.

Lowtax and Shmorky of Something Awful fame recently took up Let's Plays.  They specialize in Grand Theft Auto rip-offs, Cry of Fear (an ill-designed Swedish survival horror game), and weird and offbeat online games.

I'm a fan of Chuggaaconroy, NintendoCapriSun, and Proton Jon are very skilled.  They have a preference for Nintendo games, although that's not the only ones they do.

Neysha

Quote from: Oniya on July 15, 2013, 12:24:26 PM
But the screaming - how bad was the screaming?  *giggles*  (That's always the best part when your 'Let's Play' narrator stumbles across an unexpected spider-spawner in Minecraft.)

Yes there is screaming.

http://day9.tv/archives/?q=%22Amnesia%3A%20The%20Dark%20Descent%22

It even provoked its own fan art due to the mans loss of his manhood.

My Request Thread

The Emperor Zelos

My personal channel is an LP channel aswell in case anyones interested. But I am glad to see there are so many who do enjoy it around here :)

Nadir

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on July 14, 2013, 02:19:58 PM
Ill admit I am addicted to Zisteau and ZombieCleo

Yes to both of those!

I'm a big fan of all the Mindcrackers, I especially enjoy Veckz and Etho though I subscribe to all of them, except BlameTheController (due to his penchant for bragging) and DocM (I hate his lip smacking).

I also follow Joe Hills, Biffa, KaralisSkyzm and Pungence from Hermitcraft (Cleo too).

Rosie is one of the most determined players I have ever seen. In her current LP of Vechz's Super Hostile map, she keeps derping, but refuses to be defeated. She's winning by sheer stubbornness. 

Cricken is hilarious in his edit skills.

2girls1minecraft are an adorable duo. They are awesomeness.

SpagersHat were hilarious but they died off.

I watch Honey and Phorxy when they do stuff, but it's not frequently.

Jefepato

I read/watch a variety of LPs, but I don't think I will ever get tired of group LPs of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.  Even if people play with the best of intentions (not that anyone ever does), people inevitably get in each others' way and it dissolves into a beautiful frenzy of griefing.

The Mercenaries 2 LP by helloitsdan and lithuanian dad was also amazingly funny.