News:

Main Menu

UEFA EURO 2012

Started by Nico, June 07, 2012, 12:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izu

Tonight's games will be quite exciting as well! Go Germany! Go Netherlands! Germany gotta win, and the Netherlands gotta win with 2-0 or at least a 2-goal difference in order to go further (that's if my math is right xD)

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

gaggedLouise

Poland would totally have deserved an early leading goal last night, they were so aggressive and hot on the ball, but once the first thirty minutes had passed they just seemed to fall into a haze. Which opened up for the Czechs of course. I wonder if they will go far beyond the place in the quarter finals though.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Ramster

Just caught myself shouting "Hope that hurts motherfucker!" when Willems connected with a brutal tackle. Football isn't a matter of life and death. It's far more important than that.

From Facebook re: Holland:

"I say celebrate that performance. Parade them in an open boat through the canals."
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Nico

~belated cheer for Germany and Portugal~

Tonight will be interesting. And tomorrow even more. Go Rooney.

Rachubka

Juuuuuuuuust to ruin my pool again, I bet Spain and Croatia will draw two - two while Italy blows Ireland out of the water.

Ramster

Rooney? They just got the team playing well without that simpleton. He opted out of Euro 2012 when he stupidly kicked that Montenegrin for no reason. He'll stroll on the pitch acting like he owns the place and insult the fabs when they boo him for almost singlehandedly losing the match.

Oh, and any Spain fans out there: you're welcome. Paying Xavi's salary is always a pleasure to us EU taxpayers. Almost as much as paying Ronaldo's in fact. :-D
A/As!!!

Aleph

OK folks, help me out here, I just saw the CRO-ESP game. How was that goal not offside? I can't find anything on the web saying the goal was controversial but was Iniesta squared the ball to Navas, both were between the last defender and the goalie. Shouldn't that be offside?

Nico

Quote from: Aleph on June 19, 2012, 07:48:14 AM
OK folks, help me out here, I just saw the CRO-ESP game. How was that goal not offside? I can't find anything on the web saying the goal was controversial but was Iniesta squared the ball to Navas, both were between the last defender and the goalie. Shouldn't that be offside?
Yes, that's right. There was a discussion here on TV and it really looked like offside to me. ~nods~ Just..the referee can't see it all. Not always a good thing, but he doesn't have slow motion or a replay.

Nico

JackWhite

Quote from: Nicholas on June 19, 2012, 01:15:17 PM
Yes, that's right. There was a discussion here on TV and it really looked like offside to me. ~nods~ Just..the referee can't see it all. Not always a good thing, but he doesn't have slow motion or a replay.

Navas was behind the ball. Passing behind you is never offside ;)

SunshineSparkle

Disappointed by the way France played yesterday,Sweden deserved to win the match ;)

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Aleph

Quote from: JackWhite on June 19, 2012, 04:15:56 PM
Navas was behind the ball. Passing behind you is never offside ;)

Of course, thank you Jack. That was the thing I'd forgotten, it was a backwards pass.

Ramster

Besides, it's a goal the same way no foul in the box by Sergio Ramos is ever a penalty unless he's playing against Barcelona. The same way last night's Ukrainian shot totally never crossed the line, honest. Three officials had a good look at it and we can trust them with our lives.

There are reasons they don't want goal line technology or video referees. If the final ended up as Ukraine/Croatia vs. Czech Republic no one would watch!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18502555

And there's no racism there either. Those bananas on the pitch are a friendly traditional local greeting.
A/As!!!

Aleph

Quote from: Ramster on June 20, 2012, 06:43:09 AM
Besides, it's a goal the same way no foul in the box by Sergio Ramos is ever a penalty unless he's playing against Barcelona. The same way last night's Ukrainian shot totally never crossed the line, honest. Three officials had a good look at it and we can trust them with our lives.

There has been more than a few dubious penalty box decisions so far, I wonder where Ireland would be now if they'd gotten half what they deserved...

If the final ended up as Ukraine/Croatia vs. Czech Republic no one would watch!

Well if the Ukraine made it to the finals, I think the stadium would be full... and well, it's a matter of context really. Melbourne (Australia) has the third biggest Greek community after Athens and Thessaloniki, when Greece beat Portugal in '04, they filled a city block to watch the game and celebrate. At 4am.

Beorning

Czechs vs Portugal tonight! I admit I'm curious how this turns out...

Nico

Quote from: Beorning on June 21, 2012, 12:47:06 PM
Czechs vs Portugal tonight! I admit I'm curious how this turns out...
Me as well! ~nodnod~ Portugal can be good, but the Chech Republic can surprise everyone at times. Will be a good game, I hope!

Kirce

I'm crossing my fingers for Portugal :)

Izu

jouzinka

I have to say, I'm quite surprised how we keep up with Portugal so far. ;D
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Izu

jouzinka

Fuuuuuuuu that was close.

Izu

I so love Petr Čech... -sighs-

jouzinka

If we didn't have him, we'd be down 0:3 by now... :-\

Nico

jouzinka

Damn. :-( 10 minutes to go.