The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown: The Future of Superhero Movies

Started by Mathim, November 18, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

Quote from: mia h on August 04, 2015, 02:56:04 AM
and it looks like Supergirl has got it's Lucy Lane (Lois' younger sister) in Jenna Dewan-Tatum

*sigh* And there goes my hope that they would listen to the fans and do another season of the Witches of East End....

mia h

And the casting news just keeps coming for Legends of Tomorrow, first Hawkman now Vandal Savage in the form of Casper Crump

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

CaptainNexus616

I don't think they could have got a better physical match than him!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on August 04, 2015, 06:01:57 PM
I don't think they could have got a better physical match than him!

They probably could, but still, that's a damn good match. Looks more like the one from Justice League than the one from Young Justice, which was way different.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CaptainNexus616

▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on August 05, 2015, 01:00:23 AM
BEHOLD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ONHBaC-pfsk

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn! Looks fun as shit, but no idea how they're going to connect it with the reality of the X-Men universe that's been established so far. But they're going to try if Colossus being there is any indication.

Still, I wish it wasn't 50% test footage from that earlier stuff that got released. Not that that stuff wasn't the coolest thing ever, but we've seen it. Ah well, can't expect them to leave OUT something that bitchin'.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

deadmanshand

That's not the test footage. It's the reshoot of the scene for the movie.

Mathim

Quote from: deadmanshand on August 05, 2015, 11:09:11 AM
That's not the test footage. It's the reshoot of the scene for the movie.

Well when it was first released on youtube, that's what it was called, test footage. They did a similar thing with Ant-Man's test footage, putting in a very similar scene in the final product, except he didn't go inside the guard's mouth when he was beating them up in the movie.

deadmanshand

No... when they first released the trailer they called it a trailer. Just like when they released test footage they called it test footage. And never the twain shall meet. Which - since none of the footage was reused - means none of the trailer was test footage. It was instead the live action reshoot of that footage which is something very different.

CaptainNexus616

I laughed when they referenced the Green Lantern suit in the trailer.

Please don't make the super suit green...or animated! lol

Mathim

Quote from: deadmanshand on August 05, 2015, 04:59:55 PM
No... when they first released the trailer they called it a trailer. Just like when they released test footage they called it test footage. And never the twain shall meet. Which - since none of the footage was reused - means none of the trailer was test footage. It was instead the live action reshoot of that footage which is something very different.

So they took the same action from the test footage, shot it all over again with better cameras, with Deadpool's new, real costume, and with new sound and music, rather than just making the original test footage look prettier? I guess that makes sense.

mia h

The Arrow-verse casting news keeps on coming with Keiynan Lonsdale cast Wally West. Wonder what casting news is coming out tomorrow.

Mathim

Quote from: mia h on August 06, 2015, 02:13:35 AM
The Arrow-verse casting news keeps on coming with Keiynan Lonsdale cast Wally West. Wonder what casting news is coming out tomorrow.

The next Flash? Sweet. I am more familiar with his version of the Flash than the Barry Allen one. Plus isn't he more of a jokester anyway? I always associate the Flash with being the 'class clown' of the Justice League.

SapphireStar

Rumors surfaced that Marvel Studios/Disney is looking at Emily Blunt as a possibility to play Captain Marvel. She wasn't bad in the action movie Edge of Tomorrow, but kinda hesitant how well she can carry the movie. Like someone who has more experience doing action fights, like Yvonne Strawhovski from Chuck. Or, Rachel McNichol, Alice Eve.

mia h

At this point they're only one Flash short of a full set, with them having annouced Jay Garrick's casting a while ago.
Given the ages of the actors involved I'm guessing that Wally is going to be Iris' cousin

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 06, 2015, 08:51:53 AM
Rumors surfaced that Marvel Studios/Disney is looking at Emily Blunt as a possibility to play Captain Marvel. She wasn't bad in the action movie Edge of Tomorrow, but kinda hesitant how well she can carry the movie. Like someone who has more experience doing action fights, like Yvonne Strawhovski from Chuck. Or, Rachel McNichol, Alice Eve.

I like Olivia Wilde for the role. I may have fallen asleep during Tron Legacy but it wasn't her fault.

Also this isn't about the movies but I'm considering getting a custom Ant-Man costume for Halloween. It's damn pricey for one I have to have tailored to my size, almost $400, but it should last for years and I never do anything for Halloween so this could help me get more into it. Anyone do anything similar, or think it might be a worthwhile investment?

CaptainNexus616

Well I can give you my thrifty cheap minded opinion lol. Coming from someone who turns the air off to save on electric in the middle of July when he isn't home.

Personally as long as you have the money and it won't hurt you financially I say go for it if the personal value. If you plan to wear it more than once for conventions, display the helmet, or other stuff would be worth the investment. Its all about the value you will get out of it.

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on August 06, 2015, 05:34:18 PM
Well I can give you my thrifty cheap minded opinion lol. Coming from someone who turns the air off to save on electric in the middle of July when he isn't home.

Personally as long as you have the money and it won't hurt you financially I say go for it if the personal value. If you plan to wear it more than once for conventions, display the helmet, or other stuff would be worth the investment. Its all about the value you will get out of it.

LOL, if the helmet also doubled as a bike helmet, I'd totally get it, that would be a no-brainer. And I too live pretty thriftily, using an electric fan over AC whenever possible. It would probably be my entire birthday and Christmas budget, but...well, maybe if I put off buying a PS4 this Black Friday...too bad my car-on-bike lawsuit won't generate any money for a while or this wouldn't be a problem.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Mathim on August 06, 2015, 06:22:52 PM
LOL, if the helmet also doubled as a bike helmet, I'd totally get it, that would be a no-brainer. And I too live pretty thriftily, using an electric fan over AC whenever possible. It would probably be my entire birthday and Christmas budget, but...well, maybe if I put off buying a PS4 this Black Friday...too bad my car-on-bike lawsuit won't generate any money for a while or this wouldn't be a problem.

Do you know anywhere that makes custom bike helmets? You could try to get the costume minus the helmet made, then have the helmet made separately.

Mathim

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 06, 2015, 08:58:27 PM
Do you know anywhere that makes custom bike helmets? You could try to get the costume minus the helmet made, then have the helmet made separately.

Oh, I was kidding, besides, that would be an even greater expense. I like the looks of the helmet they have with the costume, but I don't know if it has that detachment feature like the one in the movie. I don't want to have to keep putting the helmet on and taking it off again, I'd rather just be able to detach the mouthpiece and lift the visor when I need to talk to people.

SapphireStar

Just saw an article about the Spider-Man reboot. According to the article, the movie directed by Jon Watts will be a teen coming of age story. And, the potential villain he will be facing will be Kraven the Hunter. Kevin Feige was reported as stating that they will not use any villains which appeared in the previous movies. If that is true that squashes a Venom movie. The rumored Sinister 6. That eliminates alot of villains. That leaves The Vulture, Scorpion, Chameleon, Mysterio, The Rhino, and few others.

TheGlyphstone

I'd actually like to see Kraven on screen, though I think he's wasted in a coming-of-age story if he ends up a generic Most Dangerous Game expy rather than being someone who is specifically hunting Spiderman because Spidey is the most challenging prey in the world.

SapphireStar

Kraven would be a good bet for a sequel or third movie. If they want to do a coming of age story, it is best to stick to the original. With the villain being the Green Goblin, and the death of Gwen Stacy and Uncle Ben shaping him. The only one which came close to a decent Spider-Man were the ones directed by Sam Raimi. That and cameos by Ted Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Lucy Lawless were awesome  ;D

CaptainNexus616

There's still Morlun for a big baddie. That crazy man actually KILLED Spider-Man once.

SapphireStar

Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy recently expressed interest in returning to do more X-Men movies.