Superpowers - Blessing Or Curse (starting again cos it hit a brick wall)

Started by Lady Jenn, August 15, 2011, 03:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haztur

"Vengueance is the wrong way to this," she said to eevryone but shrugs, knowing she is alon on this point and no one would listen to her.

"And many heroes get that status after they die."

Oh, he could be many things, but the story had been changing since they arrived, things are not happening as they did in his timeline.
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

Tom could see they had noticed the ring and turned to the young nurse in the room with them.

"Kira, can you take Sam and Tea upstairs? We need to discuss something I don't think they should hear." He looked apologetic as the two teenagers stalked off in a huff.

"The Archangel is Tea isn't she?" Myra asked Tom. "Or is what she might become anyway? The only other place I've seen that image is the tattoo on Tom's right arm."

Tom rolled his right sleeve up, revealing a tattoo which matched the rings perfectly, which caught everyone but The Archangel offguard.

"Its my family name in Celtic," he said. "That ring belonged to my sister, when she was killed I gave it to Tea. She wouldn't give it to anyone else. Archangel is what her powers will develop into if the timeline doesn't alter."

"I am more specific than that," Archangel said, pulling her hood back to reveal an older looking Tea but with a nasty scar running across one eye. "The future I'm from you tried to attack without taking Sam and Tea up there with you and...well, I can show you the result if you want to, the memory is still in my mind, I can show you my memories easily and painlessly."

Haztur

"lets see them... if they serve for something at least they will show is something to plan on."
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

Everything went black for a moment before they found themselves in a corridor on a huge ship. Ahead of them they could see Milo reloading a gun while evidently bleeding from a cut above his eye and Myra whose injuries weren't obvious but was evidently struggling.

"You know they're coming back for us?" Milo asked. "I don't need to be a telepath to tell you that."

"Damnit," she replied. "Its not safe up here, they can't-"

They were interrupted by a popping noise as Lazlo appeared, Aaron and Clarice with them, Aaron managing to kill a demon who had just appeared around the corner.

"Get the hell out of here," Myra said to them. "You're putting us at risk coming back here."

"I'm not leaving you behind Myra," Clarice said tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry, if I'd..."

"You did it for the right reasons," Myra replied. "You have to go, if Sam, Tea and the others are to have any future we can't allow the demons to use Lazlo as another route to Earth."

"What happened?" Myra asked Archangel. "Why would it fail without you and Sam?"

"There are more demons on this ship than you realise," Archangel said, stopping the scene around them. "Without Sam's decoy ability they could pick you off too easily, and...there is a defence around your target even Myra's powers are useless against, if I'd been there you might have won."

"I dont make it back do I?" Myra said, watching her future self."Even if Clarice wouldn't go Lazlo's a smart man, he'd take her back even if she resisted."

Haztur

Clarice sighted seeing the scene, dying herself didn't worried her, but knowing Mira would die if they wouldn't bring the brats cracked her up.

"so we take the kids and see if the future is different or we just die in different ways..."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"We..." the Archangel paused for a moment, realising how strange talking about her younger self was. "They are stronger than you realise Clarice."

"And that's an advantage to us," Tom said, laughing. "Because they're far stronger than they look the demons will underestimate them..."

"Looks like we have some good news finally," Myra said with a smile.

Haztur

(lol personally never fanciend kids being more powerful than other characters, but what the hell i follow the story"

Clarice just shrugs following the rest.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

(its not so much that they're more powerful, its just that cos they're kids the demons will underestimate them...if that makes sense lol)

Within a moment they found themselves back within the vault underneath the castle, which had emptied.

"I guess the cleanup must be finished," Tom said. "We had better go after this ship before they have time to regroup and launch a second attack. They know where we are now, they could target us far more easily."

Haztur

(lol usually murdering demons jsut kill everything and everyone :P)

"I suppose they are looking for a way in like the last time, but they might be expecting also a counter attack, but we have no other option but to go."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"What's the plan then?" Myra asked Tom as they began to climb back towards the courtyard, seeing the defenders patching up any damage to the castle, even though many were bandaged up still from the first battle.

"I know the team we need," Tom replied. "Myra and Rock to provide us some cover when the demons attack, Clarice to give us an early warning system if we're about to get any unwanted guests, Milo and Aaron to offer us a bit of attacking clout." He paused for a moment as they reached the courtyard. "Archangel, Tea may not know how to use her full powers yet. If we're taking her up there we could do with you coming just in case."

"Of course," Archangel replied. "Plus I can offer extra firepower to help the others. Add Sam to that list to provide us with a few distractions and I think the team has everyone we need."

Haztur

Clarise nodded "well, whenever is good for you all and before they are on their feet it!" said Clarise knowing this would be very hard and dangerous but knowing there is no other real option around it.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Are you two sure you're ready for this?" Tom asked Sam and Tea as they came over to the group with Rock and Lazlo.

"Just tell us what to do and we'll help," Sam replied. "I've been improving my powers over the last few months so it takes me less concentration to form as many clones.

"Wel, once..." Tom stopped as he saw Aaron and Milo appear, Milo carrying his trademark spear and two pistols on his belt. "Okay, now we can get going."

Lazlo closed his eyes and after a few moments a portal appeared in front of them. Once they stepped through they found themselves in a corridor that was barely lit by the few lights that were on the walls. Myra winced, realising it was the same corridor Archangel had shown them from her future.

Haztur

Clarice noticed Mira's reaction and put her arm around her waist "everything is going to be fine... so don't worry." said Clarice, meanwhile she observed the others, getting ready for whatever dangers would come after them, her sight of the future ever vigilant.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Rock, Myra, lead the way," Tom said. "Milo and Aaron follow behind them, the rest of us keep Sam and Tea safe. Clarice, alert us if there are demons coming."

As they moved out two clones of Sam appeared, almost indistinguishable from their original, the only hint safely hidden from view from even most of the rest of the team. Suddenly the lights around them went out. Aaron was about to relight them himself but Myra stopped him, casting a spell which created will-o-the-wisp like orbs of light which floated in front of and behind them.

"You sensing anything yet Clarice?" Tom asked out of the side of his mouth as they once again advanced.

Haztur

Clarice looked around, her sight up to a few minutes ahead of them "yes, they are approaching from there and there" she said pointing in a couple of directions, "that one looks a bit safer, at least in the immediate future."

Clarice took out her gun and prepared herself "we could put some explosives to stall them, bobby traps to catch them out of their feet while we do our thing."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

Tom was about to reply when an intense burst of light came towards them, barely stopped by Myra throwing up a forcefield which repelled it with ease. When the smoke cleared they found five creatures like those who attacked the castle in front of them. Before the creatures had time to react Aaron's flames had incinerated two of them, Milo killing two of the others with effortless ease, but the fifth seemed to be avoiding both's attacks before, without any warning a wooden spike flew through the creature, killing it instantly.

"Wha..." Milo asked, evidently confused, and turning to find a pleasant surprise. Behind them were stood Spike, Tempest and Morph, with another figure who they didn't recognise.

"Sorry we're late," Spike said. "We thought you could do with a bit of extra firepower but we had to find a way to get up here without the demons spotting us."

Haztur

"Firepower is good, yes... now lets do what we came to do, and lets nuke this thing out of existence guys!" said Clarice before pointing to another entrance "now they are coming from there..  lets get them and keep moving."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"We need a plan," Myra said. "We can't all go after one target, it'll make it too easy for them to reinforce whichever target we leave till last."

"Myra's right," Tom replied.. "Milo, Rock, Sam, Spike and Morph, you go and rescue the hostages. The rest of us will go after the reactor, odds are that'll be far more heavily defended than the hostages are."

Haztur

Clarice nodded preparing to move with the others "If they find the hostage they are to get them out of here, even if we are not done... we need to get them to safety!"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I can get them out of here," said the figure they didn't know who hadn't spoken till then. "I'm Morgan, I can teleport anywhere as long as I know where I'm going, between this lot I'm sure I can find a safe place to go too," he gave a wry smile at his last comment.

Haztur

"Good, well now move and get those people out, we will take care of the rest," said Clarice as she moved to follow the rest of her team to their assigned mission.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Be prepared for anything," Tom said as he followed Myra and Aaron. "If they can attack the citadel without us realising it we should be on alert in case there's enemies hidden in any doorways."

"I can sense the barrier are the reactor," Myra said. "The magic protecting it is that strong I can sense it from here. I'm glad Archangel is with us, I'm not sure my powers are anywhere near strong enough to break through it."