News:

Main Menu

Anime

Started by Null, December 15, 2013, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

I'd suggest all the Macross franchise. More mechas in there than you can shake a pair of pantsu at.

For a modern short series Susei no Gargantia has an interesting take on the mecha theme. Very likeable characters as well.

Avalon29

I'm watching quite a few different animes at the moment.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, I've really enjoyed  so far and some of the names in the first two seasons have made me giggle. Robert E. O. Speedwagon, TonPetty, and the Doobie monster to name a couple of them.

Akame Ga Kill looks like it might be pretty good. First episode would've been better without the opening it's a little spoilery and kind of ruins the surprise a little at the end of the first episode.

Invaders of the Rokajyoma that just started has had me laughing. First 15 minutes were a little slow but I was laughing a lot by the end.

Some mecha anime I would recommend taking that I enjoyed and you might want to take a look at in addition to Haibane's sugestions are:

Linebarrel of Iron which I just finished and thought was pretty good.

Asura cryin' wasn't bad either, it's a supernatural and mecha fusion.

I watched Breakblade some time ago and some of the combat scenes were really good. Format is a little different with 6 hour long episodes instead of 12 or 13,  20 minute episodes.

Finally Total Eclipse is worth a look as well. I didn't finish it because of some real life things but I got about halfway through the season  and I enjoyed what I saw. Been meaning to go back and finish it.

They're all up on Crunchyroll as well which is nice.

Mikem

I'm not a library of Anime shows, so this is a difficult task for me.

Find a show that has;

*Great, enjoyable plot.
*Well designed characters.
*DOESN'T constantly tease the viewer with a potential relationship that never delivers.
*Isn't just comedic relief or completely bonkers.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

NicciKotor

Quote from: Mikem on July 17, 2014, 11:46:08 PM

Find a show that has;

*Great, enjoyable plot.
*DOESN'T constantly tease the viewer with a potential relationship that never delivers.

No Game No Life has a very unique plot and should be checked out. The two main characters go from playing a poker game for a bag of coins to blowing up the universe in 6 episodes and then finishing it off with a coin toss to determine the fate of nations in the last episode.

Another great one, easily the best anime of the past 5 years, is Shingeki no Kyojin. It is basically survival horror but replace zombies with 4 stories tall retarded naked giants that only want to eat all of humanity.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

King Serperior

Find a show that has;

*Great, enjoyable plot.
I would recommend Gundam 00 personally.  Unlike most mecha anime, this has such a realistic and believable story and you have to pay attention to every detail as nothing is considered "minimal and doesn't affect the story in its own way."

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

NicciKotor

Gundam 00 is just a bad rehash of the plot in zeta gundam. Stick with the UC universe for your gundam needs.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Major Major

I don't know exactly if it's everyone's cup of tea, but Arpeggio of Blue Steel- Ars Nova is a good, self-contained series that works well as a means to ease into the manga it is adapted from.

Meditations on what it means to be human, wrapped up in tense WWII-inspired submarine action, a nice bit of humour, and some cute girls mixed in.

Sasquatch421

My favorite Anime will always be Vision of Escaflowne, I enjoy the story and the characters. Gundam wise my fav is War in the Pocket, I also enjoyed G Gundam as well...

Need to sit down and rewatch RahXephon, while I wait for the next part Ranma 1/2 to be released. Glad they are re-release them in uncut form....

Haibane

Find a show that has;

*Great, enjoyable plot.
Can you be a bit more specific on what genre you enjoy?

Since you mentioned 'no teasing with a non-delivering relationship' are you looking at romance stories?

Some ideas:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - 2 series and a movie. A high school relationship tale with a difference. Make sure you watch the first series in the broadcast order which is a non-linear order and makes the story more confusing but adds much more impact.

Mawaru Penguindrum - a family crisis of bizarre proportions and causes. Same director as Revolutionary Girl Utena so expect a weird and wonderful ride.

Hyouka - very cute and with a lovely ending. Very pretty artwork.

Usagi Drop - something very, VERY different. A slice of life story of a 30 year old single man suddenly facing bringing up a 6 year old girl. I found this terribly touching, made me cry a lot!

Koi Kaze - a rather blunt and at times disturbing look at older brother/younger sister incest. Not for the sexually prude!

Minato

Quote from: Haibane on July 18, 2014, 08:59:01 AM
Can you be a bit more specific on what genre you enjoy?

Since you mentioned 'no teasing with a non-delivering relationship' are you looking at romance stories?

Some ideas:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - 2 series and a movie. A high school relationship tale with a difference. Make sure you watch the first series in the broadcast order which is a non-linear order and makes the story more confusing but adds much more impact.

Mawaru Penguindrum - a family crisis of bizarre proportions and causes. Same director as Revolutionary Girl Utena so expect a weird and wonderful ride.

Hyouka - very cute and with a lovely ending. Very pretty artwork.

Usagi Drop - something very, VERY different. A slice of life story of a 30 year old single man suddenly facing bringing up a 6 year old girl. I found this terribly touching, made me cry a lot!

Outside of Koi Kaze, which caught my interest, I would follow through on each of these as I've rated them highly form personal reviews.

There's Cowboy Bebop which is a landmark. First episode on, you can tell a journey is going to begin

Stein's Gate is right there in a time traveling thriller and making you care of the characters from start to finish.

Terror no Zankyou- This anime has started on the tenth of July this year and it involves terrorism. Coming from the same director Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Kids on the slope and Macrosse, he has made multiple works to stand out as classics. This is one I'm hoping to continue the trend and the quality of the animation is Hollywood movie budget worthy. The first three minutes of the first episode would blow the budget of normal anime studios.

GanonDwarf

I've been watching Jojo's Bizarre adventure recently. And as the title suggests it's been a bizarre ride. But I like it.  So much that I'm doing the poses.
My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Sasquatch421

Finished Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood Trail... The Black Lagoon's are a must watch, though the Hansel and Gretel arc is really disturbing. No real romance to speak of, but the characters are interesting and a series full of badasses. The soundtrack is great as well, the story is done in arcs so no real big storyline to speak of.

Zeth

Quote from: dwarfvader on July 20, 2014, 01:10:47 AM
I've been watching Jojo's Bizarre adventure recently. And as the title suggests it's been a bizarre ride. But I like it.  So much that I'm doing the poses.

I watched the first episode and I am feeling JoJo's Bizarre Adventure myself.

GanonDwarf

I just caught up. And boy is it good.

*Strikes pose*
My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Haibane

Quote from: Minato on July 18, 2014, 03:02:05 PM
Outside of Koi Kaze, which caught my interest, I would follow through on each of these as I've rated them highly form personal reviews.

There's Cowboy Bebop which is a landmark. First episode on, you can tell a journey is going to begin

Stein's Gate is right there in a time traveling thriller and making you care of the characters from start to finish.

Terror no Zankyou- This anime has started on the tenth of July this year and it involves terrorism. Coming from the same director Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Kids on the slope and Macrosse, he has made multiple works to stand out as classics. This is one I'm hoping to continue the trend and the quality of the animation is Hollywood movie budget worthy. The first three minutes of the first episode would blow the budget of normal anime studios.

I'll throw in a recommendation for Air as a nice bittersweet story with strong characters, interesting weaving of plot and a tearjerker ending. It also has some truly beautiful music.

SinXAzgard21

Paranoia Agent, I loved it maybe others will.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Haibane

Paranoia Agent gets my vote too. Superb series, mindbendingly good.

Saiyuri

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 24, 2014, 03:25:13 PM
Paranoia Agent, I loved it maybe others will.

Love it!

I've watched too many anime's to list, unfortunately.  :-[
The most recent one I've been watching is Space Dandy. I don't know why but I just think it's so funny since it makes no sense at all. My favorite episode thus far is the one with "all the dandy's".  ;D

Zeth

I watched 12 episodes of No Game, No Life.  It is still ongoing and is an awesome anime. It is about a brother and sister gamer pair that are teleported to a fantasy world where violence is forbidden and all disputes are settled with games.

Mikem

Love Hina.

I was quite flustered with how the makers designed Narusegawa so "maturely" (she was endowed like a motherf$&#er), yet she was just out of Highschool.

Still, nice slice of life show.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Haibane

Enormous breasts on teenaged females is just one of those things with anime. *shrug* A lot of anime is made by males for males, you just have to deal with it.

Yoko Littner from Gurren Lagann is 14 years old, apparently...

http://www.madman.com.au/wallpapers/gurren_lagann_388_1680.jpg

(warning - pic is maybe NSFW but doesn't have any nudity)

Drake Valentine

*Pulls up Crunchy Roll.*

Right now, and can't tell you Japanese titles since most of them been translated to English titles, I am watching:

Naurto Shippuden
Strike The Blood(Need to finish that)
Horizon in the Middle of No Where (On second season)
Hunter x Hunter (<3)
Legends of the Dark King (Need to finish)
Nobunaga the Fool
Hamatora (<3)
Magical Warfare (Need to finish)
Blade and Soul
Haikyu!!
Irregular at Magic High School (<3)
Fairy Tale (<3)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Chaika The Coffin Princess (<3 But think it stopped airing or first season done....)
Black Bullet (<3)
Baby Steps
Brynhildr in the Darkness
Sword Art Online
ARGEVOLLEN
Akame ga Kill! (<3)
Aldnoah Zero (<3)
Nobunaga Concerto
Captain Earth
Bladedance of Elementales (<3)
One Piece (They finally uploaded them all so I gave it a shot, running out of things to watch.)

Finished:
Ambition of Oda Nobuna
Blast of Tempest
Sunday Without God
The Knight in the Area
Fate Zero (<3)
Pilot's Love Song (<3 HIGHLY RECOMMEND)
Kuroko's Basketball (<3)
World God Only Knows
Duraraa
Gosick

Of course there are many other animes I finished, these are just ones I been watching on Crunchyroll lately.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Minato

Unless you get a special team working on an anime, it will be flaat, have that anime feel and show big tittied lady for the source of fan service, nothing original or interesting.

Zeth

Quote from: Minato on August 09, 2014, 02:47:27 PM
Unless you get a special team working on an anime, it will be flaat, have that anime feel and show big tittied lady for the source of fan service, nothing original or interesting.

I call bullshit on that statement. You got to remember that most of the 'anime' we have in the United States are targeted for certain groups. In Japan their are loads of anime shows for every gender and age group. I have watched and enjoyed shows that didn't fit in that mold. Detective Conan and A Little Snow Fairy Sugar  to name two.

Mikem

Angel Beats

I watched it, not knowing what I was walking into.

It was funny, it was dramatic, it had it's sexual innuendos. But above all. It had it's story.

I literally cried on the final episode.

My Ons & Offs