Why was I banned from this game's chat?

Started by Cysma, May 14, 2009, 07:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cysma

I was playing KoL and I just got back from another chat ban. Why was I banned? That's what I would like to know! The mods wouldn't give me a goddamn reason why, and I couldn't ask because I was banned from communicating!
I was talking in a channel called /normal, rather than the normal one I go to, /newbie, because I kept getting banned there. Then the mods from /newbie decide to turn up in /normal to ruin my day!

This is what transpired:

Cysma: Does anyone ever have problems finding enough food or drink to fill up in KoL?
Princess Poppycock: only in the real world
KeltiThePastaQueen: Oh fuck Cysma, you do NOT want to be in /normal.
munumuna: hello everybody
Cysma: Why? It's a million times nicer than newbie.
Clambakes: no, we're not.
TOplEss barbaRIaN Girl doot doo de doodoot.
KeltiThePastaQueen: LOL
Princess Poppycock: he does have a point
Cysma: The mods from /newbie permabanned my friend for no reason!
KeltiThePastaQueen: It's on his head
Jack S: I doubt that.
Clambakes: oh, i'm sure it was for a reason
Flinkle: That wasn't your friend. That was your multi. Also, stop whining in open chat and go kmail Werebear.
Cysma: That was no multi!
Jack S: Unless "Being a cock/cunt" is no reason.
KeltiThePastaQueen: Behold the architect of destruction >.>
KeltiThePastaQueen: FINKL
Mod Warning: Cysma has been banned from the chat (5 days 8 hours).

Seriously, what the FUCK did I do that would get me banned!? I am really pissed off right now!

Chevalier des Poissons

I believe your reason is here:

QuoteFlinkle: That wasn't your friend. That was your multi. Also, stop whining in open chat and go kmail Werebear.

Judging strictly by your log transcription. Considering some factors, I think that you were searchin for a reason in the wrong place. I dunno, judging by this log.

Mate, calm down, I am sure there is a good reason and you can solve it out.
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

Cysma

To tell the truth, I DID make an alternate account because there were several people that were ignoring me and I tried using it ask them why they were ignoring Cysma.

If there was a reason why I was banned, let me hear it!

Maeven

I'm unsure as to why you are asking here, at Elliquiy, why you were banned from another chat. We have no way of knowing.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Cysma

Chevalier des Poissons

If it wasn't on E's chat, I think that E isn't the right place to ask then.

A & A

Ket

Ummm...the mods of the game's chat...I'm pretty sure they'd know the answer.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Cysma

How do I ask them if I've been banned from the chat!?

Chevalier des Poissons

Get in the chat with a new nickname and PM them.

DO NOT SAY ANYTHING ON OPEN CHAT

A & A

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Cysma on May 14, 2009, 09:29:28 PM
To tell the truth, I DID make an alternate account because there were several people that were ignoring me and I tried using it ask them why they were ignoring Cysma.

If there was a reason why I was banned, let me hear it!

Making a bunch of alts to get attention or get around a ban is a good way to draw an even longer ban.

I would suggest taking this CALMLY AND RATIONALLY to the sysadmin at the board you were banned from.  Ranting here won't help you.

Oniya

Try E-mailing the mods/sysadmin, not going in through some sockpuppet account. 

(Hello - McDonalds?  Why was I kicked out of Burger King?)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Raj

You can use the in game mail or the contact page to talk to a GM without having to ask in the chat.  KoL mods are usually pretty reasonable.  As for people having you on ignore, who cares?  The chat channels are usually kind of cliquey there, I'd recommend finding a good guild to join if you have lots of questions and no one's helping you out.

Sabby

Quote from: Oniya on May 14, 2009, 09:54:42 PM(Hello - McDonalds?  Why was I kicked out of Burger King?)

I must try this...

setojurai

Asking for a King Arthur Supreme (a Round Table Pizza specalty) at Pizza Hut is hilarious.

Cysma

You can use the in game mail or the contact page to talk to a GM without having to ask in the chat.  KoL mods are usually pretty reasonable.  As for people having you on ignore, who cares?  The chat channels are usually kind of cliquey there, I'd recommend finding a good guild to join if you have lots of questions and no one's helping you out.

No you can't. You can't interact with anyone in any way.

Now what!? If I get banned two more times it'll be permanent!

Xillen

Logging on under different nicknames because you're ignored/banned is not the thing you want to be doing. That's ban evasion. Mods can tell, and they will be annoyed by this.

If it's a temporary ban, send the support department an email to inquire, or sit out your time and PM a GM afterwards.

Sabby

Quote from: Cysma on May 14, 2009, 07:03:43 PMSeriously, what the FUCK did I do that would get me banned!? I am really pissed off right now!

...ya know, I think your beginning to answer your own question here *laughs*

Will

I'm also willing to bet that there's more pertinent information that we're not being given. *smirks*
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Trieste

This is so totally Not The Place, it's not even funny.

Sabby

Well... not to go against the Tweest, but... it is kind of funny, in the same way that a person running around with a primed grenade and yelling in confusion as to why people are running from him is funny.

setojurai

I have to agree with ya here man.  The person is shouting and demanding answers in the wrong place and being extremly confrontational while asking for assistance.  I think that about answers the question that was initially asked.

Chevalier des Poissons

Quote from: Cysma on May 15, 2009, 09:31:02 AM

Since I am an extremely nice person, here's what we will do:

give me infos about this chat, like if it's on mirc or anything, how to join, to sign up and everything. I will then go into that chat and try to find out why you got banned, and maybe set a desban for you. Right?

A & A

Oniya

Quote from: Cysma on May 15, 2009, 09:31:02 AM

Have you tried 'kmailing Werebear' (whoever that is) as Finkle (whoever that is) suggested in the log-clip that you posted?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ashleebabe

Cysma, I know you are not having a good week but complaining about other sites here and asking for advice is not the best thing to do. I think you should just handle this little issue on your other site and dredge it up here.

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.

Cysma

Well...I've got nothing else to say on this matter. How do I get rid of this topic?