CLOSED My life suddenly turned into some kind of RPG?! Pathfinder-esque

Started by Petrus02, February 13, 2020, 05:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petrus02

Hello and welcome to my little thread.

This is just an interest check for now, for its just an idea i had. Not perfectly thought through nor planned too far ahead. If I do get enough interest, I'll start this for sure, but i could happen that I abort it midway if I see that my idea doesn't work all that well, you have been warned.

QuoteIt was many who saw the comet, the extraterrestrial event of a bloody red tear falling racing through the sky, hence the name it gained eventually: God's tear. But that wasn't the only fame it gained. It also marked the beginning of a time of strife unseen for quite a while in this world. It was only few who at that time awakened a hidden power. And an unlikely lot at that. But we'll keep that for later. Imagine waking up one morning in your bed innocently, and being greeted by a screen hovering just above your face. Too close to be ignored, but not too close to not be able to be read, just that hard to describe way of being intrusive without being too annoying. The screen itself was half transparent, blue with a bronze frame and a big red and blinking exclamation mark above it all. It read: "Training to grow stronger! Quest: In one day: Do 20 situps (0/20) Do 10 pushups(0/10) Run 3 km (0/3) Reward: 1 Attribute point Punishment for failure: 10 minute spanking time left: 23:55:50

Of course you take it for a hoax, intending to swatt it away and get up, but you quickly come to realize this screen is immaterial, untouchable. And moving with you, so that it always stays in front of your face. Fortunately it has a small X in the right above corner, allowing you to close it. Then your brain starts to kick into working. Nobody would install a high class hologram inside your room just for a hoax. And the smart targeting system that kept the screen always infront of your face would almost be military grade. Subtile testing would reveal that the screen was invisible for everyone but you, just to make things stranger still, and of course the clock inside the quest would keep ticking down...

Okay, so to explain things a bit: This will be a modern fantasy story, the pcs will be schoolgirls and boys, with a distinct focus on the gamelike nature which I think pathfinder evokes just perfectly. Characters will start out as level 1 commoners but will be able to choose a class fairly early in the game. obviously there will be a lot of changes both small and big made to the system, but i didn't think all of those through right now.

c0i9z

Hobbes1266

Ziya

Hamadryad

Armphid

I would be interested too, though I admit to not having any Pathfinder materials.
[tr][td]
My ONs/OFFs and Other Info

One-on-One Ideas/Interests

Group Ideas/Interests[/td][td]     [/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Petrus02

Having Pathfinder materials isn't required for this one^^ we are not going to play in the world of pathfinder, Golarion, thus knowledge of fluff isn't needed, and the rules are free on this site:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Even then, theres not much knowledge or mastery of the system needed, for everyone will start out as a  Level 1 Commoner(meaning no special abilities at first, nothing to worry about) gaining the ability to choose a class at level 2. Plus I'm happy to help everyone with their characters mechanics if they desire help.

Character Sheets can be found for example on Myth-weavers

Honestly I'm amazed at this much interest. Lets get this started, shall we?

Your characters are visiting the Sanktuario boarding school for special cases. As the name says, the school is for everyone deemed not fit for normal classes - in both positive and negative ways! Situated in a rural area in transylvania, the school is famous for producing bright minds, olympic athletes and scions of peace as well as correcting troublemakers and reintegrate them into society. The school building is in fact a big manor house, not quite a castle or palace, but by no means a simple house either. The main building is used for classes while the two wings are used for student quarters. The left wing, the former guest area of the manor, belongs to the girls while the former servant area was left to the boys. There is also a former stable now used as cafeteria. At any time there are around 120-180 students organized in classes of 10 -15 and a Staff of almost 40 teachers,psychologists, doctors, and more. None of the students know for sure, but as nobody ever saw teachers leave the grounds, they are assumed to have some sort of bunker in the main building's basement, complete with a secret tunnel leading outside. Others say teachers are actually puppets controlled by an evil mastermind, even others speak of aliens... rumors run wild with the theme.
The school offers the same subjects as any other school, only with a far more advanced understanding of the respective teachers, and with further courses for those who opt to chose a subject as their focus leading far into the field of actual cutting edge scienes.

Your characters can be freshmen or senior students as you wish. I'll open the possibility to play teachers later too, if the game survives long enough. What i want for character applications is the following:

Name
Age16 - 19
Gender M or F for the start, you may mention that you want to go futa later, I'll keep it in mind, the option is planned
Orientation
Appearance and mannerisms A picture would be nice, I prefer anime over real people, but i'm fine with both. Even if you give a picture, please still add a few sentences about how she acts, what he wears etc.
Personality
Fav. Subject
Background

Mechanics: as mentioned before, you will be starting as a commoner level 1, meaning there isn't too much to prepare really. we'll be using a stat aray as follwing:
7 10 10 12 14 18
You may use 1 trait
Max Hp (ha. ha. i know, so much HP XD) meaning 6+ con HP, have fun.
Race would be human, obviously. Don't worry: if your interested in playing another race, there will be ways to change your race, including reincarnation spells

Any questions?

Hobbes1266

Should modern skills be taken into account during character creation? Like driving and computers for example.

Petrus02

not at character creation, no. later they can be chosen although i dont think driving would be more than a profession specialty. But note that those skillpoints represent only what the system gives you. not all capabilities the character is capable of.

c0i9z

Do we still get two feats at creation, one for having a character, one for being human?

Petrus02

Yes. and you also get the bonus skillpoint for being human. Yet for feats i'd advise people to maybe wait and see what the game brings where it goes etc. doesnt make too much sense to invest into something you later dont need at all.initial Feats can be taken at any time.

c0i9z

Kei
Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance and mannerisms:
Kei usually acts in a subdued, easy-going way. He tends to wear either practical clothing or whatever seems most appropriate for the situation, happily wearing the normal school uniform. He wears prescription glasses for far-sightedness, because otherwise, being in enclosed spaces for too long gives him headaches.
Personality:
Kei is generally optimistic and easy-going. He likes to be around and takes interest in other people, but lack of interaction in early years have left him somewhat naive.
Fav. Subject: Biology
Background:
Kei was a sickly child since he was very young, forcing him to spend most of his childhood in hospitals or in his room, away from school. He had healed up from it and is doing much better now, but the after effects are still with him. Never having the opportunity to build up his strength, he is still weak for his age. And yet, despite his sickness, there was an unexpected talent in the young boy. His eyes could see well further than most people could, he could gauge distances well and he had a gentle, precise touch that few possessed. For anyone else, it would have allowed them to excel at any number of ranged sports, but Kei lacked the strength to participate in any of them. That was, until a fellow patien introduced him to crossbows. Just like a bow, but where Kei could slowly store what little power he had, before only needing to aim and fire. Kei quickly became enthused with the activity, becoming adept, then skilled.

By the time he reached high school, and gotten well enough to attend regularly, Kei had already won a few minor crossbow tournaments. However, the fact remained that, having missed so much school, he was lacking in most respects. This combination of unique ability and deficiencies made him a perfect candidate for the Sanktuario boarding school, so that he eagerly accepted their proposition when he was recruited.

Kinks especially enjoyed: Transformation, corruption

c0i9z

Alright. I was going to go for Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot, but I'll hold off for now.

Cessali

Name: Makalya Milligan
Orientation: Heteroflexible
Appearance and mannerisms: Makayla is extremely open and boisterous with her body language; she generally focuses on whatever and whoever she's interacting with, even if the discussion or situation at hand is something that passes completely over her head.  Her personal style tends to imitate trends she can afford to purchase from thrift stores, which mostly leaves her in second-hand clothing (blouses, skirts, pants) and reliable sneakers.  It's not that she can't dress up and play at being proper; it's that she has to be told to do so, and then reminded -how- to do so.
Personality: Makalya is invariably bright and optimistic, though she also has a definite lazy streak that keeps her from focusing on anything she doesn't think she wants to be good at (which, unfortunately for her, is most of school).  She also has a gullible streak that has been used against her by fellow classmates in the past; this is less a matter of obliviousness than it is the unwillingness to think she's in an environment where she needs to defend herself.  She's not the brightest candle in the box, knows it, and doesn't care!  Life is about having a good time and doing the right thing, not for worrying about stuff you can't or won't handle.
Fav. Subject: Art (she's awful, but she loves trying)
Background: Makalya was recommended to Sanktuario in the wake of her being found Not Guilty of murdering her foster mother by means of self defense.  Few details of the case are publicly known; she was and is still a minor, after all.  Those people who do know her name from the news know that her acquittal was probably legitimate, though she absolutely did kill someone, and in the right circumstances might do it again.  What's not known is where exactly her almost monstrous physical strength originated, and how she maintains it without any apparent effort.  Between the first case stirring resentment and wariness from her classmates and other would-be foster parents, and the second case making her almost impossible to control by the authorities, when the state requested her transfer to the Sanktuario boarding school, it was a bit of relief from all parties involved that she would be somewhere that could handle her.

Makalya doesn't let this get her down.  She plays off her specialness, and seems to be largely oblivious to the fact that Sanktuario is a case of first and last resort for those who need particular training and restraint.  As far as she's concerned, Transylvania is a breath of fresh air, and even if she can't speak the language she's sure she's someplace safe where she doesn't have to watch her back.  If she doesn't do well in school -- well, school's hard!  This is a special academy for smart people!  And she was never much for school anyway, so she isn't worried.  At school, this attitude has earned her a deserved reputation as a slacker, but one who responds extremely dangerously to teasing; the few more socially-aggressive students have used her as a catspaw in their own machinations, but Sanktuario's staff has kept things from escalating to where Makayla would be more than shown the error of her ways or reprimanded severely.

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2126238

I haven't spent any skill points or feats of yet, if for no other reason than that Power Attack requires a BAB of +1.  Other than that, let me know if there's anything you'd like me to elaborate on!

BadSister

firepyre

Tentatively interested. I'm not super keen on getting spanked for failing a quest(though I imagine it's a big draw for others...), but I do like the whole Gamer/Solo Leveling-esqe game concept.

Ziya

Before I finish my character, would it be possible for her to start as a trans woman and move to "normal" woman, or at least Futa with both parts?

Petrus02

Yes its totally possible to play as someone longing to be the other sex, or even someone who already changed his sex through traditional methods seeking to and later becoming a real member of his favorite sex.

As for the spanking, I reallized from your post, that I totally forgot to adress the question of kinks entirely, thank you for that, firepyre!

There are only few mandatory kinks players would have to accept:consensual sex(both with other teammates and npcs) public nudity/public sex, light bdsm(spanking, clamps, blindfolds, light restrains like handcuffs or being tied up when captured)(from punishments mainly, but quests might go in that direction too) slutty/revealing clothing (magic items will have a tendency to be more revealing the more powerfull they are)

Things that won't happen include: toilet stuff, feet fetish, heavy spit, mutilations and other permanent injuries, heavy bloodplay in general.
But leaving those aside, I'd rather ask everyone to name what they would like to be included for our story than to force too many kinks onto people

That being said, your half right. the game is inspired by the mangas of "The gamer" and "Dice: the cube that changes everything "

Hobbes1266

Can we take drawbacks and if so would we gain any benefit from doing so? I don't have anything in mind, just looking into options.

Petrus02

no drawbacks. i always feel like they are no real drawbacks, and the low attribute from the stat array should be enough of a drawback, right?

Ziya

Name: Lucia Kalenia

Gender: Trans Girl, looking to become either Futa or F in the future

Orientation: Pansexual

Appearance and mannerisms: Lucia is a fit teen girl with long, blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Usually she prefers to leave her hair loose, but will put it into a tail or braid if movement is needed. She is almost exclusively found in her black hoodie and blue or black jeans, often with a simple T-shirt under the jacket. Occasionally one could find her with the hoodie tied around her waist, though usually only when she is dancing. Despite her simple fashion, she is fairly self-conscious of her appearance and often reacts with anxiety or defensiveness to any critiques of it.

Personality: Lucia has two drastically different attitudes that hinge entirely on who she is around. To most, she appears quiet to the point of being timid, choosing to focus on whatever she's doing and attempting not to inconvenience anyone. She isn't cold or short by any means, but she seems almost scared of everyone and keeping her distance from them. She is pleasant, but brief if forced into polite conversation.

When she gets fired up or around friends however, she is completely different. When she is comfortable or simply doesn't care anymore Lucia displays a remarkable amount of snark and sass. Sarcasm becomes second nature to her, and she reveals herself to be a spitfire that is also nearly too stubborn for her own good. Despite this, her anxiety still manifests easily, leading to a tendency to overreact to criticism or rebuke.

She is terrified of anyone discovering she is trans, believing that if any of her classmates, teachers, or friends find out that they will disown her and put her out just like her family did years before.

Fav. Subject: Dance

Background: Lucia is a rare case at Sanktuario, having only slightly higher academic performance than average and supportive parents. Unfortunately, that was before she came out as a trans girl. The instant that happened they disowned her, and every person she knew wanted nothing to do with her. Desperate, she wandered Western Europe doing any work she could at the age of 12. Obviously she was collected by foster agencies, but the difficulty in finding a home for a preteen, let alone a trans preteen, resulted in her being sent to Sanktuario when she was 15.

The one thing she is grateful for during that time is that the foster agency helped her start transitioning, preventing most an unwanted testosterone-based puberty and allowing her to truly be herself at the new school. Still, her constant fear of discovery, coupled with a nasty case of bottom dysphoria, has lead to her being distant to most others there. Only a few have broken past that shell, and even they don't know the truth about how she came to the school or why she has regular blood tests and medicines.

Hobbes1266

Name: Genoveva Capello
Orientation: Homoflexible
Appearance and mannerisms: Genoveva holds a trained posture of seemingly earned confidence, but she can easily let it slip into a more relaxed stance to put others at ease when appropriate. The way in which her eye's wander could be called observant, but it wouldn't be completely incorrect to call it paranoia. Genoveva tends to dress practically, avoiding clothing that would be inconvenient or impractical, but she still tends to dress fashionably nearly always wearing a black ribbon in her hair with occassional additional accessories.
Personality: Genoveva tends to tailor her persona to fit whatever situation she may be in, but if there is nothing to be gained she is typically cold and observant, though she can warm up to individuals given time.
Favorite subject: Composition
Background: Genoveva was born with a rare heart condition that has left her in poor health when left untreated, despite this she was raised to be the heiress to the Capello crime family, living a life of carefree luxury and crushing expectation, mingling with high society and the seedy underbelly of society alike. The aspiring crime boss received the best education available in both traditional and criminal studies as she grew.

Genoveva was fifteen when one of her father's subordinates took a plea deal to testify against her father, putting him on trial for drug trafficking. Genoveva voluntarily testified against her father, only to break down sobbing in the middle of her testimony. She admitted to the court that her father's subordinate was blackmailing her after tricking her into helping him smuggle drugs through her father's entirely legitimate business, providing substantial physical evidence that the man was framing her father. Genoveva was sent to a comfortable, practically luxurious, juvenile correction facility until she was released into the care of the Sanktuario boarding school after a year and a half, while her father's subordinate was shanked to death in prison and her father continued his work unimpeded.

Conri

Name: Aillil Lokeson

Orientation: Bisexual

Appearance and mannerisms: Aillil is slight, but wiry in build. He has black hair and piercing green eyes. He often uses this to charm his way out of most mischievous situations that he gets himself into. He has a sharp mind and can fire back witty comments when the situation calls for it. He stands at 5'5" and is a little self-conscious of his short stature. He feels the most comfortable in his school-issued high collared black uniform with gold buttons and a pair of runners.

Personality: Aillil is confident to the point of being cocky, but only in situations where he either absolutely knows he can beat the game master at their own game or can cause the most chaos while trying to undermine the rules. He spends most of his time in books, but if one were to look closely, those books would cover concepts like foreign languages not covered in the curriculum, anatomy, or the newest book on mythical theories of the universe. Aillil is also stubborn to a fault and can be easily angered when he notices an injustice take place in front of him. Despite his sly nature, he will try to help the victim of the injustice for free, though, most others who ask him for his help could expect a price to be extracted from them, often according to Aillil's whim for that day. When he's angered, the boy becomes a destructive force that shouldn't be taken lightly, due to his knowing how to put his book smarts into practice.

Fav. Subject: Foreign languages, anatomy, and energy work.

Background: Aillil Lokeson was a fairly lucky child growing up. He was able to come out and have his parents accept him as he was, even going so far as to allocate puberty blockers to him so that he only needed to go through puberty once. As a result of this, Aillil is fairly comfortable in his own skin, save for the passing feeling of bottom dysphoria occasionally. His one downfall in life was getting bored when he was clearly intelligent. The school curriculum bored him, and, as payback for being "understanding", his parents often demanded that he constantly push his brain to its limits, even going as far to insist that he be tutored during the summer in all manner of subjects. Aillil was at first willing to go along with this arrangement, but he even got bored of that, and tried to find subtle ways to start causing mayhem.

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2126805

Petrus02

Good work everyone! I really like the character submissions so far. I guess I'll keep this open until weekend and then take my pick.

Ziya and Conri. your sheets are set to private, please go to settings and change them to public, otherwise I won't be able to see them, thank you :-)

Ziya

Conri

Kathyan

Name: Aki Satsuki

Gender: F (looking to be able to become temporary futa in the future)

Appearance and mannerisms:
Satsuki was raised in a severe and strict environment but her personality contrasts with that as she is quite playful and relaxed. She is short of stature measuring 5'4" but that doesn't mean she is petite at all, she got an athletic build but despite it she's got quite curvaceous bust and hips. She tends to prefer practical and comfortable clothes thus mostly wear casual although most often than not she wears skirts that are too short, shirts that are too tight or other outfits that are way too revealing without caring for prying eyes.

She's got a pet tanuki, Tako, that goes with her everywhere even if you can't see it.

Personality:
While she cares little for the opinion of strangers Satsuki does care for those she calls her friends and she is very friendly which sometimes makes her care for what others have to say even if she just met them. She will still keep her spirit free and there are some things she will be impossible to convince her of though as such even when she will often look to help others she'll do it in her own way and sometimes might even impose herself. She can be pretty gullible so it shouldn't be hard to have an understanding with her though. She also cares a lot about her family but she refuses to speak about them and will always evade the subject in the most ridiculous and contradictory ways if insisted too much.

Fav. Subject: Sports and every form of arts

Background:
The reason why she Satsuki never speaks about her family is that she run away from home. Not telling her story to anyone it remains a mystery how she managed to travel on her own from Japan to Transilvania with nothing but a small backpack in which it seems she cannot carry much. And indeed she carries little more besides a few of her family inheritance, clothes, food for a few days, and you don't dare about the winded ancient scrolls or the oriental knives she carries inside. Sometimes Tako helped her finding something to eat or sometimes she made up an impromptu street performance to earn a few cash and that was how she survived for long but all that ended when they found her. The people of the school claimed she had something special, something that couldn't go to waste and that she had to go with them. Satsuki had been looking for something for a long time but she wasn't sure what was it and thinking that it could have been fate which had put the staff of Sanktuario in her way she agreed to go with them. She had missed school for a couple of years so she would be put with other students that were younger than her but she didn't care at all, it would be fun to meet new people.

Kinks: Fine with the aforementioned exhibitionism, public sex, light bdsm, slutty clothing and slutty items and also adding slutty magic, sneaky sex, foreplay, roughhousing, tickling, orgasm control, anal, ass worship, dubious-con, role reversal, among others (feel free to ask).
Offs: waterspots, scat, bloodplay, non sentient animals (monsters and sentient animals, like familiars, for example are fine).

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2130211

Waldham

Name: Oboro

Appearance and mannerisms: He is tall and  frail built, with dark hair. His eyes are light blue, gleam with intelligence and curiosity and his natural expression is wary. OBORO is a charming and insightful woman, blessed with a handsome face, good health, and a keen wit. He has a short frame, and few who look at OBORO’s roguish good looks and smoldering eyes. Perhaps because he grew up amid rumors about her mother’s affair with a foreigner, or because of the generally gloomy atmosphere of Sankturio, OBORO is serious and staid, preferring to listen carefully to what people say as he studies and practices the social cues and gestures that come so naturally to others.

Personality: While he admits to being a cynical pragmatist, OBORO dreams of a new world where those who stand outside of the human majority don’t need to hide themselves in shame, though he worries he may be too broken to live in such a world himself. Though agreeable, he is also stubborn, unwavering from his goals. He knows what it is to feel alone and afraid in a crowded world, and while he has trouble expressing that empathy, he hates for anyone else to experience it. He is less personable and more studious than her half-sister Meiko—whom he has met only twice. —but the two still share their father’s passion and good looks. But while Meiko prefers to flaunt both, OBORO keeps them as cherished tools to only bring out when needed. Still, among friends his dry wit comes out, often unintentionally enhanced by his own literalism.
Romance makes her deeply uncomfortable. His difficulty reading the emotions and intentions of others further stymies his interest in sharing the most intimate moments of his life with another. While he treasures her friends and allies, the presence of other people forces his to wear a mask and dance an unfamiliar dance—all exhausting tasks he can leave behind while crafting paintings, reading books.

Fav. Subject: He is passionate about alchemy and painting.  He interested by the mechanisms of the living body. The more he studied the complexities of anatomy, the more he came to realize there was too much to learn about the nature of life in a single life span.
Background: A short tryst between an ambassador and a visiting emissary, Amala, resulted in the birth of the half-blooded OBORO, placing the child in a precarious situation even before her birth. While Amala ultimately carried the child to term, the scandalized ambassador abandoned the infant to her father’s family only days later. Like most ambassadors, he felt some obligation to raise his bastard, though without any of the affection or resources lavished upon the children sired with her wife.
OBORO spent her early years on the grounds of the family estate. OBORO's mother raised her son with an appreciation of freedom to speak and love of art. OBORO always felt awkward in his skin and avoided making friends as a result. In art and literature, OBORO increasingly found himself identifying with strong female figures rather than their male counterparts-and for most of his life OBORO would carry the conviction that he had been born into the wrong body. Eventually her family simply shipped her off to a private boarding school, Sanktuario, to remove the embarrassment from their sight.

Arriving at Transylvania, the young student was taken in by Sankturio for the next 6 years. She spent her adolescence in the student quarter, where her sense of humor and knack for using sleight of hand for embarrassing practical jokes (such as smuggling pornography or other illicit materials into the possession of those who would be most scandalized at being caught with it). Away from her family’s condescension, OBORO mastered countless different skills: mathematics, natural philosophy, alchemy, and eventually engineering.
OBORO discovered his future was far more moldable than he ever realized after meeting a tutor who migrated between sexes as other people might migrate between nations. A variety of alchemical concoctions has minimized his masculine traits and allowed OBORO to grow into womanhood as any young woman would.

Character Sheet

On's: All physical characters except obese and overweight. Anal and vaginal sex, the bondage, domination, multiple partners, oral sex, sex toys. I prefer female and hermaphrodite partners.
Off's: I hate the mutilation, scat, gore, ennemas.

Petrus02

If my counting skills did not abandon me, there are a total of 8 submissions. Thats fine. I originally I was going to take 6 players, but experience has taught me that somebody usually bows out or goes silent soon after a game starts, so I'm going to accept all of you.

For now theres not that much to do, but I already opened A character thread and OC and I'm currently writing on the first post.

Charbase

OC Banter

Miroque

ARGH.. I missed this 100%...  duh... toobad I quess.. but if there is an opening... *bleeding her heart out* THere might be an exchange student joining the frey...