Fairytale & Disney University Slice of Life + Plot Roleplay Interest Check

Started by Bibliophilia, February 06, 2020, 01:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosima

Surely not everybody was Kung Fu fighting...
Ons and Offs

Dotley

O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Bibliophilia

Hi, Dotley!  -grins.-  I'm getting the worldbuilding done and will likely be posting the recruitment on Sunday!

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Timeless

>-> Goddamnit. -plants an interest flag-

I'm just wondering about whether Frozen from Disney would be accepted? So like say, I am interested in Elsa, for example. That would mean the Snow Queen from the Grimm's fairytale wouldn't be available?

Bibliophilia

Frozen is totally acceptable!

After a little research into the Snow Queen tale, I wouldn't link her to Elsa.  I would equate her more with Jadis, the Snow Queen from Chronicles of Narnia.  So, if someone wanted to play Jadis, then that would take the Grimm fairy tale version off the table and vice-versa.  It's pretty clear that C.S. Lewis drew his inspiration from that tale.

Also, really happy to have lured you in.  -giggles.-

Aiden

Bibliophilia

xPeachyPuff

Question. Would Disney movies like The Lion King, or other equivalents that aren't exactly 'fairy tales' or 'folklore' be accepted as well? I have a couple of character in mind, depending on other things, of course. But I thought I would double check this here (:

Bibliophilia

Certain ones would, while others would not.  It's really on a case by case basis, but Lion King is one that I am definitely allowing.

The criteria is sort of difficult to describe, but essentially it depends on the 'theme' of the movie or the feel of it.  Like, Lilo and Stitch isn't what anyone would likely call a fairy tale, but it certainly has very strong fairy tale themes and a vibe that means it doesn't clash with the other stories being told in the game.  However, even though Big Hero Six is also a sci-fi, animated Disney movie...it doesn't.

So, yes to Lion King, but if you had something else in mind and you're not quite sure if it fits, just ask!  I love answering questions and there might be another fairy tale or movie that will suit your idea and fit the game's themes better.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Bibliophilia on February 08, 2020, 05:40:49 PM
Certain ones would, while others would not.  It's really on a case by case basis, but Lion King is one that I am definitely allowing.

The criteria is sort of difficult to describe, but essentially it depends on the 'theme' of the movie or the feel of it.  Like, Lilo and Stitch isn't what anyone would likely call a fairy tale, but it certainly has very strong fairy tale themes and a vibe that means it doesn't clash with the other stories being told in the game.  However, even though Big Hero Six is also a sci-fi, animated Disney movie...it doesn't.

So, yes to Lion King, but if you had something else in mind and you're not quite sure if it fits, just ask!  I love answering questions and there might be another fairy tale or movie that will suit your idea and fit the game's themes better.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick answer, Bibli c:

LadyChaos

So tempting!! I love the idea, however I’m not sure how active I could be with posts. Maybe I’ll just creep the page... ;)
On and Offs of ChaosCurrent Status for posts: Processing
Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Timeless

Quote from: LadyChaos on March 06, 2020, 09:45:51 PM
So tempting!! I love the idea, however I’m not sure how active I could be with posts. Maybe I’ll just creep the page... ;)

Biblio already made a recruitment thread for this idea right here if you're interested.

Ironwolf85

all the other stories I'm in have kinda fallen off... so I'm planting my flag here.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Bibliophilia

I'm so excited to see the new interest in the game!  It's only just started, so there's plenty of space to jump in.

The official recruitment thread has more information, though, so I suggest dropping in there to check things out!

Dellban University Recruitment