Get Out Of Jail Free...the Nightmare Begins (NC, apoc)

Started by OldSchoolGamer, March 10, 2010, 02:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Shihong on March 15, 2010, 06:27:15 PM
I think my character is certainly the kind of "evil" guy you're looking for.  He's posted above, if you missed him.

Ah, there we go.  He's in.

Jarod1

Name: Jarod Dawson     

Concept: Framed, Convict

Sex: Male

Sexuality: Heterosexual                                     

Description: Jarod has the body of a professional athlete having well defined muscles.  Although not physically huge he is powerful.  His 6’1 frame carries his 210 pounds of weight very well giving him a lean muscular appearance.  He has black hair that he keeps relatively short and unkept. His face is generally clean shaven though he does wear a light stubble making him seem ruggedly handsome.  He is partial to black and generally wears clothes in that color.

Personality: Very inquisitive which is one of the things that made him such a good cop .  He has strong convictions and a personal code of right and wrong, but like any man he is fallible. Perhaps it was because of how he grew up. His father had been ex-military and he trained his son to be disciplined both mentally and physically, to be a force for good in a world where people did great evil to one another.  Doesn't interact much with most of the other inmates especially the violent ones.  Some of the lesser offenders he does some business with if he absolutely has to

History: Jarod grew up in Seattle, Washington an only child.  His father who had served in the Vietnam  instilled into his son at an early age a very discipline oriented  physical and mental training regiment.  In school he always did what his father expected him to do and he excelled in almost anything he tried be it sports, or something more academic.  One day however in his senior year of high school Jarod and his father had a falling out over his career path.  His father wanted him to join the military.  Jarod wanted to choose his own path and since he was eighteen he left home and traveled south to live with his mom in Los Angeles and attended College at the university of Stanford entering into their school of criminal law his goal upon graduation to join on the local police forces.

The discipline Jarod’s father had taught him growing up served him well at Stanford and he graduated near the top of his class.  Jarod's  first job after leaving school was joining the police force as a beat cop in Los Angeles where he rose through the ranks becoming a detective in homicide.  Two years after becoming a detective Jarod was investigating a powerful crime boss who was polluting the streets with drugs and slave trafficking.  The case led him to suspect a group of his fellow police officers we're on the take though he didn't have enough proof.  As Jarod got closer and closer to the truth, he drew the attention of the wrong people and through an elaborate setup, they  framed Jarod for the murders of a couple of prostitutes that Jarod was known to use as a source of information.

The prosecution had an iron clad case against him and Jarod had no alibi so the case was pretty much open and shut.  The cops on the take walked and so did the crime boss he had been investigating, and Jarod was punched a ticket to spend 30 years in prison at Chesterton County Jail.  Since being locked up Jarod has spent most of his time going over the case against him in an attempt to prove his innocence and await an appeal.  During the first few weeks that Jarod was incarcerated Jarod had to fight off a couple of the more violent inmates.  Lucky for him Jarod is more than capable of defending himself when he needs to thanks to the military training his father passed on to him growing up and now most of them leave him alone.

Saerrael

Quote from: Shihong on March 15, 2010, 06:27:15 PM
I think my character is certainly the kind of "evil" guy you're looking for.  He's posted above, if you missed him.

*shifts eyes*
I find him oddly attractive. Nice character profile, Shihong.

OldSchoolGamer

Given the list of characters submitted, I think I'm going to start them all in two groups.  One group will begin in the rec hall as described in the intro.  This group will be comprised of long-term inmates and guards.

The second group will begin in the holding cells, up at the front end of the jail where the admin building is.  This is where people who are visiting the jail will start, or female inmates who are being held temporarily pending transfer to the women's jail, which is about twenty miles away.

The jail is not that large, so these two groups will only be a hundred meters or so apart from one another.  More likely than not, they'll find each other, and sooner rather than later. 

There's still room for more characters if anyone wants to submit them.  I'll be posting the intros for the two groups over the next day or so.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 17, 2010, 12:45:27 AM
Given the list of characters submitted, I think I'm going to start them all in two groups.  One group will begin in the rec hall as described in the intro.  This group will be comprised of long-term inmates and guards.

The second group will begin in the holding cells, up at the front end of the jail where the admin building is.  This is where people who are visiting the jail will start, or female inmates who are being held temporarily pending transfer to the women's jail, which is about twenty miles away.

The jail is not that large, so these two groups will only be a hundred meters or so apart from one another.  More likely than not, they'll find each other, and sooner rather than later. 

There's still room for more characters if anyone wants to submit them.  I'll be posting the intros for the two groups over the next day or so.

Speaking of which.  Me and Jarod1 have worked out plot line device for opening in the storyline.  As  Sophia is there to see Jarod Dawson.  In needing to get a deposition from him.   The very same ex cop she won a conviction against.    As part of creating  more depth to our back stories.     So she is in a interview room with Jarod, when all hell breaks loose.  If this is alright.   

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on March 17, 2010, 01:04:34 AM
Speaking of which.  Me and Jarod1 have worked out plot line device for opening in the storyline.  As  Sophia is there to see Jarod Dawson.  In needing to get a deposition from him.   The very same ex cop she won a conviction against.    As part of creating  more depth to our back stories.     So she is in a interview room with Jarod, when all hell breaks loose.  If this is alright.

Sure, works fine for me.  I'll start them off in the front of the jail group, but they'll begin kind of on their own in that room.

Jarod1

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 17, 2010, 01:12:31 AM
Sure, works fine for me.  I'll start them off in the front of the jail group, but they'll begin kind of on their own in that room.

Sounds good to me.  We can work our way from there to where ever we decide to go once the power goes out.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 17, 2010, 01:12:31 AM

Thanks.

AlexStone

Still looking for evil sorts?  I might be able to come up with something.

OldSchoolGamer

AlexStone

Name: Stephen Dragomir
Concept: Death Row Inmate
Appearance: Balding middle age man, though with a barrel chest, about 5'9".  Surprisingly strong, I suspect- not much to do in that cell but work out until you pass out.
Personality: <Thousand Yard Stare>.  At least at first.  He was pretty amiable and outgoing before he got stuck in an isolation cell, so with a little engagement that'll come out.  He's also pretty creative and cunning, so even if no one really tries to talk to him, he'll still be doing stuff.  Often underestimated.

History:
Fourteen murders with the same M.O.  Fourteen that they know about.  How many more bodies are there out there?

In the end, they got Dragomir for a murder that wasn't part of the pattern.  While he was kidnapping his last victim- well, they think she was going to be his last victim- a security guard came across him while he was hustling her out of the loading dock of her dorm.  He gutted him like a fish, but couldn't stay behind to clean up after himself.  That and the campus police managed to get a call out to the local P.D., and he was driven off the road outside of town.  So, they got him for one body- and because of how things went, they could never even introduce the others as pattern evidence, at least implicate, in a court of law, that he was a cold, calculating killer.  Still, the prison got the message from the cops- this wasn't just any death row inmate.  They've treated him with the Supermax precautions from day one, which tends to drive even the sane a little batty.  Start with a crazy man... well.  They get crazier.   Especially after 15 years of life on death row.  (He should be dead by now, except that the last couple of governors haven't been willing to sign death warrants.)

In terms of the killings they're pretty sure he did (Well, they stopped after he was arrested, right?), he targeted college coeds that he seems to have considered troublemakers.  Not just sexually- there were plenty of sexually promiscuous coeds that he didn't drag back to his place, and some even went back to his apartment for almost normal sex- but usually were involved in something more than just sexual peccadillos.  Prostitution.  Drug Dealing.  Abortion.  Peer pressure that convinced other girls to engage in depraved acts.  His most famous victim was the rush chair from a prestigious sorority who delighted in violating her pledges with a broomstick.  Both the extra effort he put into her and the fact she was a famous lawyer's daughter is what turned the press onto the story.  The police managed to keep the girl's problems quiet, mostly to see if they could sort out the real tips from the false ones.

The M.O for the killings was basically the same- kidnap the girl, drive her to an unknown location- to this day, the police haven't found his torture site- where he'd keep her for a few days.  Repeated rape- perhaps with a partner, sometimes with objects- burning with heated metal objects as the primary means of torture, though brute physical force was used sometimes in order to get the girl in restraints.  Death came by bastinato- the repeated beating of the soles of the feet, which caused both extreme pain and a lengthy death. After his victim died, he brought the body to the West Forest, suspended it over a branch by the ankles, and slit its throat to drain it of blood.  (The torture chamber had to be pretty close to the woods, since the bodies were mutilated before lividity set in).  Then, Dragomir removed the fingers and feet with a meat cleaver, gouged out the eyes, and doused the faces in sulfuric acid.  Still, no one's sure if they've found all the bodies- Dragomir steadfastly maintains his innocence- or why he did it.  He just refused to talk about anything after his arrest.

So, to sum up: Stephen Dragomir is a sick bastard who should be shot.  No one's done it up to this point, and it may be too late now....

(Does this fit the bill for evil, or were you looking for something else?  If we want to get him involved, I think we can stipulate that he was out of his cell for some reason- maybe headed to the infirmary for a checkup or something.)

Jarod1

Seems like a down right evil bastard to me.  >:)  I think he's definately the kind of evil guy needed in this place

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: AlexStone on March 19, 2010, 08:25:19 AM

Name: Stephen Dragomir
Concept: Death Row Inmate
Appearance: Balding middle age man, though with a barrel chest, about 5'9".  Surprisingly strong, I suspect- not much to do in that cell but work out until you pass out.

An evil one to be sure.  I think he'll fit in, with the one caveat that I wasn't really looking for this to be an Extreme game.  Maybe borderline.  So NC is fine, with all the roughness that implies, but not heavy-duty torture...at least "on-camera."

AlexStone

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 20, 2010, 01:08:13 AM
An evil one to be sure.  I think he'll fit in, with the one caveat that I wasn't really looking for this to be an Extreme game.  Maybe borderline.  So NC is fine, with all the roughness that implies, but not heavy-duty torture...at least "on-camera."

That's fine.  Honestly. his reputation can be just as tension frought as actually doing anything.

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: AlexStone on March 20, 2010, 08:06:32 AM
That's fine.  Honestly. his reputation can be just as tension frought as actually doing anything.

Excellent.

This is going to take a little longer to launch than I anticipated.  Please see this thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=63824.0

Saerrael

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 21, 2010, 08:11:03 PM
Excellent.

This is going to take a little longer to launch than I anticipated.  Please see this thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=63824.0

Don't worry, Real Life over Games.
I hope it works out for you, though, and you have as little inconvenience as possible.
I, for one, ain't going anywhere and will be awaiting your arrival.

Urbanzorro

I agree, life beats games ever time. Good luck and hope to see you back soon.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

OldSchoolGamer

I'm back...gonna work on getting this up to speed tonight.

Elven Sex Goddess

Jarod1

Saerrael

OldSchoolGamer

Okay...moving toward takeoff here.  Here is a list of characters, along with (my interpretation) of whether they are "white hats" or "black hats."  My interpretation may or may not be correct; this is not Dungeons and Dragons so there are no hard, fast "alignments."  Now aboard:

The Front (administrative offices, infirmary and holding tank of Chesterton County Jail)
Sophia Isabel Niallo (District Attorney).  Considered a "Good" character.
Sasha Dunyash (Inmate awaiting transfer).  I would call her "shady."  A little to the south of Neutral, but not downright Evil.
Jarod Dawson (Inmate).  From where I sit, he's Good.
Unnamed Female (Rookie Cop).  A rough character concept PMed to me. 
(note: Jarod and Sophia will begin in the jail's interrogation room)

The Jail Proper (Where the inmates are housed)
Lucian Mason (Inmate).  I would classify him as "Neutral."  He could go either way, depending on circumstances.
Czeslaw Grimmer (Inmate).  Pretty clearly Evil.
Juan Villalobos (Inmate).  Another one a little to the south of Neutral, but not by THAT far...
Stephen Dragomir (Inmate).  So Evil he technically should be in San Quentin, but in the interests of gameplay he's here at Chesterton.

I'd still like a couple of hardcore gangbanger types

Saerrael

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 24, 2010, 10:24:37 PM

Sasha Dunyash (Inmate awaiting transfer).  I would call her "shady."  A little to the south of Neutral, but not downright Evil.

That would be correct, indeed.

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on March 24, 2010, 10:24:37 PM
Stephen Dragomir (Inmate).  So Evil he technically should be in San Quentin, but in the interests of gameplay he's here at Chesterton.

Thank you, I just painted my monitor with tea due to laughing ^^'

TheHangedOne

I know we're not doing anything with alignments, but just for fun, Lucian is basically True Neutral with Chaotic and Good tendencies. 
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

OldSchoolGamer

Quote from: TheHangedMan on March 24, 2010, 10:29:38 PM
I know we're not doing anything with alignments, but just for fun, Lucian is basically True Neutral with Chaotic and Good tendencies.

:nods:  Good to know.